Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Got my shipping notification on my Dave-signed SBaHJ book. Decent turnaround time, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Unlike Kickstarter rewards. :sigh: Still waiting for my MSPA/SLICKPAKs.

I've been wondering if Hussie was originally going to go further with the trickster stuff but realized it was tiresome and then just skipped ahead till it was over. Either way, I'm grateful with his decision to end it there!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Man, I haven't been able to work on anything in a while because stuff has been going on.

So I decided to revisit an old idea. About a year or so ago I decided to make themes for the 12 troll lands. I got through a few of them, but eventually dropped the idea because I didn't feel confident enough in my abilities to do the remaining ones any justice. I feel like in the past year I have gotten a lot better at things, so I felt like it was time to go back to it.

Flow - A theme for Terezi's Land of Thought and Flow.
Tumblr link

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Man, Dirk needs a baseball cap for that hair, pronto.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Fister Roboto posted:

Man, Dirk needs a baseball cap for that hair, pronto.

Or perhaps...a God Tier hood? :getin:

....actually, how are they planning on offing themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if they concocted and set in motion an elaborate plan while Trickstered, and have completely forgotten it.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Man, I haven't been able to work on anything in a while because stuff has been going on.

So I decided to revisit an old idea. About a year or so ago I decided to make themes for the 12 troll lands. I got through a few of them, but eventually dropped the idea because I didn't feel confident enough in my abilities to do the remaining ones any justice. I feel like in the past year I have gotten a lot better at things, so I felt like it was time to go back to it.

Tumblr link

God, I get jealous of your music every time I hear it. You're really good!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dogbutt posted:

God, I get jealous of your music every time I hear it. You're really good!

Oh gosh, thanks!

It's really fun making music, and it's something I enjoy doing, but sometimes I feel like music(not necessarily mine) gets overlooked in favor of easier-to-consume fanworks like fanart or hell, even fanfiction, which gets hundreds or thousands of reblogs or upvotes or what have you, so compliments and criticism is always nice to have as a quick reminder than people are consuming your work and liking it. Feels good man.

Or maybe I'm just accidentally sounding really pretentious and ignorant, which is possible.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Color Printer posted:

Or perhaps...a God Tier hood? :getin:

....actually, how are they planning on offing themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if they concocted and set in motion an elaborate plan while Trickstered, and have completely forgotten it.

Considering the seemingly-important key turn a couple of pages ago, I suspect that Caliborn is about to off them himself and force the issue. Either that or the simultaneous ship / meteor crashes onto Derse and Prospit will do it.

I suppose a hung over "oh poo poo, did we really set up those giant time bombs while we were high?" might work too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I like how Hussie made a Mario star analogy, since we were making the same comparison. I'm not sure if anyone else was making that specific analogy?

In other news, Tensei made a remix of Heir Conditioning.

This is sounding pretty awesome but damnit the first few seconds sound really familiar, I just can't place it. Like I expect some other song to come on after hearing those notes familiar. I found a few other songs that sound kiiind of similar but not really, so I'm just thinking it's like a fairly simple/common chord progression?

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
sounds like a more chill version of F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.

e: at least, that's the first thing i thought

SapientCorvid fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 29, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Mazerunner posted:

This is sounding pretty awesome but damnit the first few seconds sound really familiar, I just can't place it. Like I expect some other song to come on after hearing those notes familiar. I found a few other songs that sound kiiind of similar but not really, so I'm just thinking it's like a fairly simple/common chord progression?

Yeah, it's just a pretty common progression. Hell, even I've used it before

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Tumblr link

I like it a lot. It's a little reminiscent, to me, of the planet themes from those old games set in space like Trillionaire Deluxe.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's certainly a better effort than this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun fact: Frost from Vol. 6 (the song that played when Jade's LOFAF was introduced) was initially titled Flow, and was inspired by Terezi's LOTAF.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Considering the seemingly-important key turn a couple of pages ago, I suspect that Caliborn is about to off them himself and force the issue.

I suppose a hung over "oh poo poo, did we really set up those giant time bombs while we were high?" might work too.

Let's combine the two ideas. Usually the dual-keyturn thing is for arming an explosive, dot dot dot.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Nate RFB posted:

I still don't get why some of the songs even made it onto the album. The ordering puts them next to other songs which outclass them by magnitudes and makes them seem even worse. Like for example you have Starkind, which is one of my favorite songs on the album, but then right after it is whatever this is and it's jarring as gently caress.

The Land of Wind and Shade is definitely my favorite Homestuck song ever though, even including the official albums.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Tumblr link
I like it but I think the instrument coming in around 0:38 is too loud compared to everything else, it snaps me out of the funky groove the intro got me into. Maybe it's just me though. v:shobon:v

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 29, 2013

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Let's combine the two ideas. Usually the dual-keyturn thing is for arming an explosive, dot dot dot.

Homestuck itself is a bomb.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Homestuck fanmusic albums, what are people's thoughts on this?

I didn't really have anything to do with it, just curious mostly.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Homestuck itself is a bomb.

Of course. Act 7 is just a flash that causes whatever computer it's played on to explode, forcing millions of teenagers and goony adults to go outside and have a life. Hussie just wanted to help us grow as people this whole time....

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Feranon posted:

Of course. Act 7 is just a flash that causes whatever computer it's played on to explode, forcing millions of teenagers and goony adults to go outside and have a life. Hussie just wanted to help us grow as people this whole time....

Also your guardians die.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Nate RFB posted:

I guess if music copied wholesale from video games can get into official albums, lovely remixes of Sonic & Knuckles will have to find a space in the fanworks.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
This is all moot anyway, we have the already have the best Homestuck fansong.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dude. No dude. No.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

This sounds more like a theme for Terezi herself than her actual land.

Edit: ^^^ Oh, is it a ripoff of something? Well then.

Midnight Raider fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 29, 2013

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Midnight Raider posted:

This sounds more like a theme for Terezi herself than her actual land.

Edit: ^^^ Oh, is it a ripoff of something? Well then.

It's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1rV9kFs6I. If I'm pretending it's Homestuck, the remix sounds most like a Felt song. But really it just sounds like they couldn't make it onto OC Remix.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Luminous Obscurity posted:

This is all moot anyway, we have the already have the best Homestuck fansong.

I didn't know cboyardee was a homestuck fan.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Wrist Watch posted:

I still don't get why some of the songs even made it onto the album. The ordering puts them next to other songs which outclass them by magnitudes and makes them seem even worse. Like for example you have Starkind, which is one of my favorite songs on the album, but then right after it is whatever this is and it's jarring as gently caress.

Apparently there was next to no vetting process for the first Land of Fans and Music, so people could just nominate whatever, including their own stuff, and it would get put in. They did an unbelievably better job on the second one.

quote:

I like it but I think the instrument coming in around 0:38 is too loud compared to everything else, it snaps me out of the funky groove the intro got me into. Maybe it's just me though. v:shobon:v

I have to agree with this. Whatever you have going in the first 38 seconds is amazing, but then it gets knocked out of your head by your main instrument being really loud and doesn't come back. The rest of it is good, but not on the same level.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 29, 2013

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Nate RFB posted:

I'm still super pissed that this got made. Seriously. I don't care that Sonic 3 came out before the average Homestuck fan was born.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Bobulus posted:

Got my shipping notification on my Dave-signed SBaHJ book. Decent turnaround time, all things considered.

You had better take a picture of your poor financial choices. I want to see if my theory that Hussie will Wizardology-fy the book is correct.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's not even going to be signed by Dave, he'll outsource it to Karkat. Just to add another layer of meta to the entire Situation.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
deleted: poor financial decision, probably will go through with it anyways

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 29, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I am really puzzled by why all of these pages have two urls (half of which can only be reached from the sidebar)?

Color Printer posted:

Somebody should tell Hussie that, sadly, those links on the left don't make the page move horizontally over like I assume they're supposed to. At least not in Chrome.

Completely missed that this is a thing because I am a massive scrub and fullscreen all my applications all the time.:ovr:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 30, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Renaissance Robot posted:

I am really puzzled by why all of these pages have two urls (half of which can only be reached from the sidebar)?

Are you truly puzzling over the fact that double updates come with extra urls? Can you not think of a reason why this would be?

I'm pretty sure the links on the left are not supposed to be functional and are simply decorative, hence how the second arrow points the the top of the right update.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ariong posted:

Are you truly puzzling over the fact that double updates come with extra urls? Can you not think of a reason why this would be?

I'm pretty sure the links on the left are not supposed to be functional and are simply decorative, hence how the second arrow points the the top of the right update.
Actually I just went back and figured out their purpose. If you click the broken arrows below the Dirk-Roxy panel, the screen moves over closer to the Jane-Jake side of the screen. So it's kind of like Hussie is giving you an indicator to read left to right.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
There was a brief period where the x2 pages would display as the page with the id given in the url on the left and then the subsequent page on the right, meaning that you could display pages from different "pairs" simultaneously (e.g. the Hope/Life symbols on the left side and Dirk/Roxy on the slabs on the right) but this was changed fairly quickly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tollymain posted:

Speaking of Homestuck fanmusic albums, what are people's thoughts on this?

I didn't really have anything to do with it, just curious mostly.
I just finished listening to this. I found it kind of boring, to be honest. I guess it wasn't awful but nothing really stood out. Nowhere near as good as SBURB OST or LOFAM2.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I was listening to the Wanderers Album on my way home and found out they mixed in the Mail Song from Blue's Clues in 'Mayor Maynot' :3:

I love this album. It's underloved.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And that's a nice big block of text to wade through.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
That was seriously one of the most intense updates Homestuck has ever had, holy poo poo.

God they're all right there and they still can't talk to each other I loving love this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

New update just came out, good to see what looks like some real solid personal development.