Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

spengler posted:

I would like an nzb.su invite. PM or deconstructed at gmail. Thanks.

Thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
I'm trying to get access to Sabnzbd via a computer outside my network. I tried forwarding port 8080 and that didn't work, so I tried putting my computer in the DMZ and it still won't load. CouchPotato and SickBeard both load just fine while port forwarded or DMZ'd, but Sabnzbd won't load under any circumstance.

Is there a setting I need to change to specifically allow external IPs to access Sabnzbd?

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Check under Config > General > SABnzbd Host and make sure it's set to 0.0.0.0 and not localhost.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Tantalus posted:

Check under Config > General > SABnzbd Host and make sure it's set to 0.0.0.0 and not localhost.

That's it. Thanks.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

Does anyone have any idea why Chrome is suddenly forcing me to constantly re-enter my credentials whenever I remotely connect to SABnzbd (which is running on my HTPC)? It seems to ask for my username/password on every refresh, and sometimes for every individual page element that it loads. This is only happening from my desktop computer and only with Chrome. I can use it just fine by connecting with Internet Explorer from my desktop, and both Chrome and Safari work without any issue from my laptop and iPad. SABConnect++ also isn't having any trouble, but presumably that's because it's just automatically sending the info whenever it's needed.

I haven't been able to turn up any useful information with Google searches and it's starting to drive me crazy.

I got this earlier. Open your extension settings. My password was blanked out for some reason.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

DicksToAsses posted:

With the goonzb project, would it be possible to write some kind of script for sabnzbd that automatically posts back comments or some kind of +/- votes to the scraped nzb posts to confirm whether they repaired and extracted ok or not? Maybe it could even include the provider from the client's server settings so people can see what networks have the completed files if there are any queries over completion?

Would be a lot easier than relying on people to go back and manually comment later on, although I can see how it would lead to less of a feeling of community it would at least give a good shot at building a high quality database.

Ignore me if thats an impossible/dumb idea, just thinking out loud.

Not only is it possible it's a great idea, although implementing it would require a bit of work. Rather then posting a comment it should go into some sort of rating system (thumbs up/down) simply because you would end up with hundreds of robot comments that a person would have to read through.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

ClassH posted:

I got this earlier. Open your extension settings. My password was blanked out for some reason.

Thank God, I had the same thing happen, and this was it.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ashex posted:

Not only is it possible it's a great idea, although implementing it would require a bit of work. Rather then posting a comment it should go into some sort of rating system (thumbs up/down) simply because you would end up with hundreds of robot comments that a person would have to read through.

Accounts should be asked to plug in their backbone/block so there is a means of tracking what is missing where when it rates things. If it is down on Astraweb it's totally irrelevant for someone on Highwinds.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

monkeybounce posted:

There's also NZBDrone. It does everything sickbeard does (and more) I converted and have never gone back.

I just switched to this this weekend. Even chatting to the dev now about a couple issues he seems pretty cool. I like the speed and that it doesn't rely solely on thetvdb. Windows only doesn't bother me since I use whs 2011.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wait so is NZBDRONE a full-featured replacement for SB?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Accounts should be asked to plug in their backbone/block so there is a means of tracking what is missing where when it rates things. If it is down on Astraweb it's totally irrelevant for someone on Highwinds.

You mean like

DicksToAsses posted:

With the goonzb project, would it be possible to write some kind of script for sabnzbd that automatically posts back comments or some kind of +/- votes to the scraped nzb posts to confirm whether they repaired and extracted ok or not? Maybe it could even include the provider from the client's server settings so people can see what networks have the completed files if there are any queries over completion?

Would be a lot easier than relying on people to go back and manually comment later on, although I can see how it would lead to less of a feeling of community it would at least give a good shot at building a high quality database.
:allears:

Feenix posted:

Pretty much, although it doesn't have a dedicated index like sick beard, it does support stuff that sickbeard doesn't due to not being chained to tvdb and the morons who insist on their stupid numbering system.

Literacy Is Dead
Apr 3, 2007

Phonics? Overrated.
Anyone out there using Supernews having speed issues? I'm getting nearly 1mbs slower speeds than normal. US, UK or elsewhere?

Literacy Is Dead fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 27, 2013

bl4d3
Jun 18, 2005

My supershakes bring all the goons to the yard of lard.
For nzbs.org access, it seems he's 404'ing people who have ad-block enabled.. disabled ad-block plus, and I can login now..

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

I have it enabled and I can access the site just fine.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?
What is it that's interfering with sabnzbd's ability to automatically sort downloads in the proper category? It used to work fine, hasn't been for a while but I figured it was a bug that would get fixed but it's still doing it. I've updated sabnzbd to 0.7.9 (which is running on my unraid server), with nzbdstatus (1.0.15.1) to send nzb's to it. I've setup the categories on both, did I do something wrong?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Traxxus posted:

What is it that's interfering with sabnzbd's ability to automatically sort downloads in the proper category? It used to work fine, hasn't been for a while but I figured it was a bug that would get fixed but it's still doing it. I've updated sabnzbd to 0.7.9 (which is running on my unraid server), with nzbdstatus (1.0.15.1) to send nzb's to it. I've setup the categories on both, did I do something wrong?

You probably just need a wildcard to catch the sub-categories from your indexing site. For instance, Movies-Xvid won't go into Movies automatically. In your SAB config page, just change Movies to Movies* and you'll be good to go.

donzwei
Jun 20, 2012

kbar posted:

Are most of you guys using nettops just running XBMC as its own OS?

I wanted to do that, but I need an OS with a browser and Flash for YouTube, Hulu, and NBA League Pass.

I'm using Mac Mini late 2009, and because i have similar needs as you (NFL Gamepass), i'm running the mini with windows and the xbmc application.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Feenix posted:

Yes. It's a full featured replacement to SickBeard and it has features that SB doesn't such as built-in XEM Mapping, delete from disk when managing a show, Anime, and a much faster interface. Some of the requirements are a bit bloated (iisexpress, .net4, etc), but I converted and never looked back. There are some weird differences (it automatically updates older episodes to the desired quality, for instance), but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Markus, the main dev, is really responsive and usually has bugs fixed or new features implemented within a couple of hours. I'm on the beta test branch and there's usually a new version every day. For its age, it's a pretty mature piece of software and I wholly recommend it over SB.

There's also interest in adding CouchPotatoesque functionality to make it an all in one solution since NZBDrone was born out of frustration with SB and everyone seems to be frustrated with CPv2.

* I am in no way associated with it, I just think it's a really well done piece of software.

kri kri posted:

I just switched to this this weekend. Even chatting to the dev now about a couple issues he seems pretty cool. I like the speed and that it doesn't rely solely on thetvdb. Windows only doesn't bother me since I use whs 2011.

I've been using it since, literally, the day it was released. Let me know if you have any random questions about it.

monkeybounce fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 27, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That's awesome. I'd say my one fear in switching from SB to NZBDrone is that I'm kind of only borderline "savvy" when it comes to poo poo like this and it took me a good full day, day and a half to get things set up right between SB/SAB/CP.

I love new (better) software. I hate change when it means I might cause myself a headache or break something... ;)

[edit]

Oh, I'm on a Mac. Probably a moot point anyway... ;)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

ClassH posted:

You're a god drat life saver. Thank you.

daishan14
Mar 6, 2004

Literacy Is Dead posted:

Anyone out there using Supernews having speed issues? I'm getting nearly 1mbs slower speeds than normal. US, UK or elsewhere?

I am too! Glad its not just me. I have been having issues with "too many connections" as well, even though their site says 30. I have to keep it around 24. I was trying to submit a ticket or whatever on their site but it seems to have gone down...

Update: The site is up and I sent them a ticket. I'll see what they say.

daishan14 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 28, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How long has nzb.su been down?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

How long has nzb.su been down?

Yeah I'm not sure either.. I looked up some linux iso's earlier and downloaded the NZB's, I'd say around 3am CST. I go to look for something I missed and it's down. The "is this site down for everyone or just me?" confirms that it's actually down.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Yeah I'm not sure either.. I looked up some linux iso's earlier and downloaded the NZB's, I'd say around 3am CST. I go to look for something I missed and it's down. The "is this site down for everyone or just me?" confirms that it's actually down.

Works fine for me. http://nzb.su/login

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NZBSRUS has reinstated my VIP subscription apparently. I didn't put in a ticket for it because I figured gently caress them, and today I logged in to see if I could grab a couple of things and discovered I have VIP now for 12 months.

Not quite the lifetime I was promised when I originally subscribed but hey ho, I've only grabbed 79 nzb's from them since I opened the account so it's not a massive loss. Anyone else who had their account downgraded should probably go see if they have theirs back too.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I doubt anyone cares but gotnzb is gone. The search site and the bots have vanished. More then likely preemptive ala nzbmatrix and the rest. The a.b chans are still active, but the web based search is also gone.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Is it possible to find older/more obscure stuff with fancier, more desirable indexers and more expensive providers, or am I just SOL for anything more than a month or so old? Like, early 2000s Russian Linux ISOs, are those basically hopeless?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

fivre posted:

Is it possible to find older/more obscure stuff with fancier, more desirable indexers and more expensive providers, or am I just SOL for anything more than a month or so old? Like, early 2000s Russian Linux ISOs, are those basically hopeless?

Even the best providers only have binary retention going back 4-5 years at most.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

fivre posted:

Usenet is no good for Russian whatever.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Even the best providers only have binary retention going back 4-5 years at most.

Which is pretty incredible considering it was 300 days or so when I first started using usenet iirc.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

The_Franz posted:

I figured maybe there was someone out there with a massive archive of who knows what continuously re-uploading everything. Guess not.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Some of that older stuff is so cheap to just buy, it's not even worth the effort to find it online. Used DVD's and stuff go for 2 bucks on Amazon.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Sickbeard vs NZBDrone
Why does NZBDrone exist?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well apparently it doesnt use TVDB which after a month spent re-watching Seinfeld (ripped from legit DVD and renamed, thank you very much.) with its 2-parter episodes being merged into single eps and thus breaking the file naming, makes a whole lot of loving sense.

seriously, who the gently caress thought that was a good idea? no 2 part episdes are released as 1 episode.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

GateheaD posted:

Sickbeard vs NZBDrone
Why does NZBDrone exist?

I think NZBDrone might work with websites like Binsearch as well, might be wrong.

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

GateheaD posted:

Sickbeard vs NZBDrone
Why does NZBDrone exist?

NZBDrone lets you delete a series along with the folder/files from the gui. A godsend if you like genre shows that rarely make it to a season 2. It also works with shows like American Dad that Sickbeard choked on due to scene naming conventions. Basically, it fixed all the little annoying things that I found with Sickbeard. The gui is faster/better by a pretty wide margin, too.:colbert:

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
nzbs.org has been down for me for a couple of days, did they change the index url? Any clue on what is it now or did the website shut down?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Billa posted:

nzbs.org has been down for me for a couple of days, did they change the index url? Any clue on what is it now or did the website shut down?

Try /movies at the end.

Or beta.nzbs.org

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Billa posted:

Same poo poo as the past month or so, browse to /login, make sure it saves a cookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Thanks guys, fixed!