Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ian owns gently caress the haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Proteus4994 posted:

no, ian

siri is a passthrough. siri does not store the data. when you ask siri a question it queries WA and then passes the data back to you. it does not store the data and use it later or anything else that would violate that (incredibly simple) EULA

Yeah... well if I had real backing do you think I would care if it was running through super fast servers as a passthrough?

How are people supposed to check things against the stuff submitted. Those guys at Wolfram are a bunch of mean people for not responding to my emails for better collaboration.

About that Academia question... dude I am in the middle of Academia. What do you want from me.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 30, 2013

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

henceforth my new gimmick will be defending Idea Guys

i wonder what keith burgin's up to these days

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Werthog 95 posted:

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

good ol' spergin burgin

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Here dood.. since you don't really care about licensing or, you know, doing what you are "allowed", go hog wild.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
lol @ these last pages

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Cocoa Crispies posted:

we've been watching statpedia for months and we still have no idea why anybody would find it valuable and we're not even going to give you money

how is a Qualified Investor going to decide to give you money?

By knowing that I will listen to what they say, and do it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

YOSPOS: dude I am in the middle of Academia. What do you want from me.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
mods rename to Aaron Swartz 2.0 plox

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian, i emailed my mate W Alpha just now telling him about you, what your doing aint very nice

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Ian McLean posted:

By knowing that I will listen to what they say, and do it.

please give me money then tell me how to fix my lovely idea !!! special early offer, act now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Honestly Wolfram knows about Statpedia, if they weren't fine with it, then they would do something.

They are probably just chillin waiting for statpedia to become super successful so that they can try and sue statpedia if they dare.

I will not settle. I will take them all the way in court and force them to loose millions in fees in vain.

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 29, 2013

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian McLean posted:

Honestly Wolfram knows about Statpedia, if they weren't fine with it, then they would do something.

They are probably just chillin waiting for statpedia to become super successful so that they can try and sue statpedia if they dare.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=statpedia

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ah if you wanted me to send that I would have for you. Thanks for sending them that email.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

A professor mentioned something about it yesterday. They are able to make custom cases for situations I do believe.
This has nothing to do with the thing you posted

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's free real estate
                /

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

I want to move from programming into a position where I can pursue my entrepreneurial passions. From what I gather I need to give myself a series of massive concussions, any suggestions on the method?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
all of the successful software companies started with system("lynx -dump %s")

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/index.html

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmao even the spergiest spergs can't stand keith

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Click bots (software to automate clicking)
Botnets (hijacked computers utilized by click bots)

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Have you ever looked at Adwords

Do you even know how any of that poo poo works

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ian McLean posted:

Click bots (software to automate clicking)
Botnets (hijacked computers utilized by click bots)

lol

okay... so what does google say about these click bots against the Federal Reserve Board?

[quote="Google" post="http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ads/adtrafficquality/index.html#click-fraud-and-invalid-traffic"]

Why Google and Publishers Care about Invalid Traffic
By maintaining our advertisers' trust and providing a level playing field for all participants in the auction, we make it easier for advertisers to accurately plan their spending and calculate bids which make economic sense for their business.
[/quote]

So.... how does "a level playing field" apply for the Federal Reserve Board printing press?

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 29, 2013

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

What in christs name are you babbling about

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

End the Fed, learn more at statcoin.corn

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

okay... so what does google say about these click bots against the Federal Reserve Board?

So.... how does "a level playing field" apply for the Federal Reserve?

explain what you mean ian

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Have you ever looked at Adwords

Do you even know how any of that poo poo works

my adviser at ucla came up with some of the algorithms used in adwords

he tried explaining how adwords worked once. after about 30 minutes i completely lost track

so anyway, my point is ian probably doesn't understand how adwords works

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

hey guys i'm gonna write a diabolical script:

code:
url = 'dominoes.com'

while 1:
    order_pizza(url)
within seconds they will have millions of pizza orders and use up all of their company resources making all the orders only to find that nobody bought the pizzas! check and mate

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Doing what Adwords does is in your business plan but you have no idea what Adwords does

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Doing what Adwords does is in your business plan but you have no idea what Adwords does

you don't get it

he's gonna sell ads. just like adwords

nevermind the fact that there's like dissertation after dissertation after conference paper of game theory algorithms in adwords. he'll just wing it. it'll be cool. stop h8in

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

What in christs name are you babbling about

import os
import time
import threading
import webbrowser

def close_chrome():
while 1:
os.system('taskkill /fi "imagename eq chrome.exe" /f')
time.sleep(25)

def print_money():
threading.Timer(10.0, print_money).start()
for i in range(1,40):
webbrowser.open_new('https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.federalreserve.gov%2F&ei=kA8GUZfzPKfA2gXFioDQBA&usg=AFQjCNE0Xq5NWuTinlAx19qBk4VfIu9sHg&bvm=bv.41524429,d.b2I')
return print_money

print_money()
close_chrome()

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Proteus4994 posted:

you don't get it

he's gonna sell ads. just like adwords

nevermind the fact that there's like dissertation after dissertation after conference paper of game theory algorithms in adwords. he'll just wing it. it'll be cool. stop h8in

:)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

So about that Python program I wrote.

What happens if that just spreads to the world like wildfire?
i had a look at your code and i didn't actually run it nor do i know much about python but i found a few problems with it
  • it jumps immediately to killing the browser processes after creating them so i doubt even any of them would have time to retrieve the URL
  • also the thing just kills chrome processes which wouldn't work if the user has a different browser set as their default
  • the thing that kills the chrome processes is in the infinite loop but the thing that spawns them isn't, so after the first 40 windows are created it won't create any more but will keep trying to kill them which would suck if the user leaves it open and then tries to use chrome to :justpost:
  • really though instead of using webbrowser.open_new you should use urllib.urlopen or whatever the gently caress it is so you can do things more efficiently than screwing about with loading web browsers.

ultimately though you're better off just hiring a russian buttnet to do it for you, if you can't afford that though try a kickstarter

or i guess setting up malicious javascript code on statpedia to do it once the site takes off and you have literal billions of users daily

hope this helps :)

Werthog 95 posted:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Ian McLean posted:

import os
import time
import threading
import webbrowser

def close_chrome():
while 1:
os.system('taskkill /fi "imagename eq chrome.exe" /f')
time.sleep(25)

def print_money():
threading.Timer(10.0, print_money).start()
for i in range(1,40):
webbrowser.open_new('https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.federalreserve.gov%2F&ei=kA8GUZfzPKfA2gXFioDQBA&usg=AFQjCNE0Xq5NWuTinlAx19qBk4VfIu9sHg&bvm=bv.41524429,d.b2I')
return print_money

print_money()
close_chrome()

yes, i'm sure google has no protection against this sort of thing

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

google will automatically notice that rapid hits are coming from one ip address and exclude them from the results and google will care about your script as much as anyone cares about statpedia

Socracheese fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I even gave you the link to the bit where they define click fraud and how they remove it you tit

• Locked thread