Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

You can't see me, but I am most certainly giving you some kind of evil eye.

Just wait until the next time I ref one of your dumb games.

Don't be jelly that sba doesn't match douchey visors with you. Or any visor at all really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Don't be jelly that sba doesn't match douchey visors with you. Or any visor at all really.

:fry:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

The visor he has his videogame dude wear in NHL13 is tinted.

A goalie with a visor would be a fun concept though. Less concussions am I right??? :v:

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Topoisomerase posted:

A goalie with a visor would be a fun concept though. Less concussions am I right??? :v:

You have to actually play to get concussions.

sellouts posted:

We had a full time goalie skate out for one of the first times. We don't care. Skill levels will be varied and don't really matter to me or anyone that went. Especially if it was enough to put together 2 teams there's going to be variations. Also if we play in a real tournament we will get our asses kicked because that's what happens when you play against guys who grew up together and now work together at Tito's Auto Body Shop.

It wasn't the first time I'd skated out...

...just the first time in a few years.

Bradf0rd fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 28, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hockey Tron refunded me $10 without even bothering to reply to my email. Awesome.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
For anyone questioning if Hockles did indeed do the jump deke on the first take, I present to you the full video of us just messing around after a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87rhPw4OPQI

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

sellouts posted:

HZ, the smoked visor is the best call. When the suns out it is amazingly bright and it does a great job of being the perfect tint to not be annoying. Also much easier than sunglasses.

It was so bright the rest of everything was washed out. Then for the afternoon game it was dark grey again.

lol nice red helmet skittles

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

2 own-goals on back-to-back nights. :hellyeah:

Won a faceoff in the defensive zone cleanly, so it had some zip on it coming back. Bounced off my D-man's skates and five-holed the goalie. I couldn't do anything but laugh and ask the ref for an assist.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
gently caress yeah, another 3 point night last night. 3rd on my team in scoring now, from the point. 7g 9a in 10 games.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Topoisomerase posted:

lol nice red helmet skittles

tell hz to keep his stick away from your head next time

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

D C posted:

gently caress yeah, another 3 point night last night. 3rd on my team in scoring now, from the point. 7g 9a in 10 games.

You aren't trying unless you have 57g 26a, 83p in 19 games. Almost 4.5pt/game.

That is an actual statline from some bro in Silver A here. The next closest person in the league has 47 points.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sellouts posted:

:stare:
It's like EASHL came to life.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bumblebee hair!

The bar has been raised.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Pleads posted:

Bumblebee hair!

The bar has been raised.

Haha, actually my hair was bright pink streaked for a time and that's a remnant of that.

Sadly it's all cut out now. No time to maintain that kind of thing.

and yes, the douche quotient is quite intentionally high :smug:

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 30, 2013

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
The curse continues. We lost, and I scored. It was a great goal, too. We were on the PP, and I was carrying the puck in with 3 defenders in front of me and one of our guys following me. I threw it up against the boards to the right of the net, my partner goes after it as I break for the net, he throws it to me just as I get in front, and I get it in the top right corner.

I really need to throw it off the back boards more. I don't dump and chase nearly enough, and it results in way too many blocked shots.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

sellouts posted:

The only thing missing from this is yellow or pink laces for the complete hockey douche wear!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

sellouts posted:

Is that the net's equivalent of a face-palm?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

D C posted:

The only thing missing from this is yellow or pink laces for the complete hockey douche wear!

She had pink laces previously I am almost sure of it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

Is that the net's equivalent of a face-palm?

It's the net's equivalent of no goalie showed up (perhaps due to chrome visors).

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Glare from the visor blinded the goalie. Out for 4-6 weeks.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Needs more Nyan Cat stickers tbh.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

xzzy posted:

It's the net's equivalent of no goalie showed up (perhaps due to chrome visors).

The goalies were blinded from the glare and couldn't get on the ice.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Maybe she took her visor off for half a second and killed the goalies with a laser beam.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The best outfit: skinny breezers, white skates, plaid jersey, and the helmet is a brand "you've probably never heard of".

Actually, this reminds me. What's the current state of the art for breezers? I hate my RBK 5k setup. I had some CCM's that I loved back in the day, but they looked like hammer pants and didn't have much protection.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 30, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's a new guy showing up at my Thursday clinic lately, and he wears a hoodie and sweatpants out on the ice.

He looks completely ridiculous and I can't imagine it's comfortable at all to spend two hours sweltering in that getup, but he doesn't seem to mind it.

I will say he looks better than the garbage bags.. you know the guys who intentionally use the oldest shittiest gear they can find because I guess it makes them feel like more of a veteran. I'm all for a retro looking cage or shoulder pads, but when the holes in your socks are big enough to drive a truck through and your pants look like they got fed through a wood chipper maybe it's time to drop a few bucks on some new gear.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

xzzy posted:

There's a new guy showing up at my Thursday clinic lately, and he wears a hoodie and sweatpants out on the ice.

He looks completely ridiculous and I can't imagine it's comfortable at all to spend two hours sweltering in that getup, but he doesn't seem to mind it.

I will say he looks better than the garbage bags.. you know the guys who intentionally use the oldest shittiest gear they can find because I guess it makes them feel like more of a veteran. I'm all for a retro looking cage or shoulder pads, but when the holes in your socks are big enough to drive a truck through and your pants look like they got fed through a wood chipper maybe it's time to drop a few bucks on some new gear.

:allears: I remember my first few times out on the ice last summer. I wore sweat pants and a big ol' sweatshirt.

I also didn't have gear, and couldn't skate long enough without falling to get a sweat up. :v:

Christ, even at open skate now I'll wear just a T-shirt...

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
After our last game, it was decided that I'm going to troll next Monday with pink laces, stick tape, and a tinted visor. If I'm going to be the douchiest player ever what else can I wear/do? I have to wear the team jersey, but the socks we bought are the shittiest ever and mine already have holes I can put my hand through. I'm pretty big as it is so I can't go big enough on the jersey to have something comically large.

I was thinking white breezer covers if I can find them cheap enough and in time but I'm not sure what else. I'm open to suggestions!

Years ago we used to wear pajama pants under our hockey pants and over our shins. I was thinking that's also pretty obnoxious, maybe?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
bumblebee tape your stick, duh.

If your team has a spare jersey, see if you can get 69. :v:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

nude colored hockey socks.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

delpheye posted:

Years ago we used to wear pajama pants under our hockey pants and over our shins. I was thinking that's also pretty obnoxious, maybe?

I used to wear light sweat/ track pants as hockey socks before I broke down and just bought some of those kickin rad reebok socks.

PS - those Reebok socks own.... gently caress wool socks forever, I don't have to tape the reebok ones. :smug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

delpheye posted:

Yeah, people really seem to hate sweatpants over shinguards. Using skate laces instead of tape will get you comments too.

Hockey fashion is so loving ridiculous, it's what I imagine the fashion industry is like but for sports.

You should also get those furry hockey gloves:

http://www.rinky.com/pop_up_pages/rnky_furglove_.asp

:v:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I actually already have a blue with 69 on it from an inline team in high school. I wonder if it still fits at all. Definitely going pajamas over shins and I'll have to tape/lace if I'm not wearing socks. Personally, that's always felt annoying. Hockey socks keep my shins in place and let me move around in them without feeling tied down. I guess it's time to adjust. Bumblebee tape is a go as well.

I've been trying to find as much video as I can of Esa Tikkanen talking on the ice... going to try to emulate it when I'm fighting with forwards in the slot.

This is going to be so much fun!

EDIT: Captain on my team mentioned that he used to play with a guy that would hoot and holler like he was riding a bull any time he got into a scrum on the boards. I'm thinking that'll be pretty effective.

All this came about because it's become very obvious that refs make calls with complete and total bias and I have a kind of storypost about our last game where 30 seconds into the game when I took a stick to the face and shouted, "hey, is that kosher for tonight?" and the ref got right in my face and told me if I said another word all game he'd toss me. It went downhill from there.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 30, 2013

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

"hockey fashion" good loving christ.

Hockey is expensive and I don't blame anyone for running their gear into the ground.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

sellouts posted:

Hockey is expensive and I don't blame anyone for running their gear into the ground.

I seriously don't understand people who get all upset over what gear people have.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

I seriously don't understand people who get all upset over what gear people have.

It's certainly filled up enough pages in this very thread!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

xzzy posted:

It's certainly filled up enough pages in this very thread!

:smug: Oh, I see you have the Bauer Supreme One-60 Elbow Pad... I guess that's alright... :smug:....

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sellouts posted:

Says the guy with the red helmet.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

D C posted:

She can't wear pink laces anymore because USA Hockey Officials have to use white laced skates.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Wear inline pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Says the guy with the red helmet.

I practice what I preach! I'm not dumb enough to pay even close to full price for a helmet that ugly.