Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
It makes me sad as a Mechro who uses the anarchy tree that I can't use the Infinity pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

DecentHairJelly posted:

If I'm going to farm minibosses for legendaries do I have to do it during their related quest? I ask because I've killed Doc Mercy like at least 50 times without him dropping an Infinity, but I turned in that quest long ago. On the flipside, I got my Bee from Hunter Hellquist on like my fourth try, but I'm pretty sure that was while his quest was still active. Did I screw up by turning in the quest, or are the drop rates really that low and I just got lucky with the Bee?

I don't think you can kill them with the quest active multiple times. As soon as you kill them with the quest active the first time the quest should update with a new objective.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

AzMiLion posted:

9.5K is quite good for that thing actually.

I think that is its damage. I'm going to log in for a bit and I'm also on irc. My xbox tag is Hambonius 0mega (the "0" is a zero)

I might not play for that long as I have a house guest sleeping in my living room. Look me up and msg me on xbox. Just realize I won't be able to speak when we're trading so: 1. I will join your game. 2. We will move away from save beacons. 3. In a safe place I will drop my poo poo and log off.

edit. 3A. Don't pick up the stuff until I log off

Mission success. I kind of just threw down what I had on that character.

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 28, 2013

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

lazerwolf posted:

It makes me sad as a Mechro who uses the anarchy tree that I can't use the Infinity pistol

I believe you can use it if you equip a relic that increases magazine size.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I finally got an explosive relic, but not the explosive relic. 24% isn't bad, but still holding out for that 30%.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah you just messaged me. I've got a 30% shock and 30% corrosive, but no explosive relics unfortunately.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

lazerwolf posted:

use the ES glitch and you can. unfortunately you'll get zero anarchy stacks because you never reload so it makes it somewhat moot.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

delpheye posted:

use the ES glitch and you can. unfortunately you'll get zero anarchy stacks because you never reload so it makes it somewhat moot.

That's not how Anarchy works...?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Dross posted:

That's not how Anarchy works...?

You gain anarchy stacks when you reload(specifically when you burn through a full magazine and have to reload). If you have the magazine reduction skill then infinity pistols end up with a 0 round magazine. If you ES glitch an infinity pistol to have a magazine greater than 1 then a mechro with that skill can then use it but since you gain anarchy when you reload, you will never gain anarchy.

See?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
You can use the Infinity Pistol with Anarchy you just have to wait until you've maxed out your stacks first and either don't use Smaller Lighter Faster or use the ES glitch once.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

True. I didn't consider gaining stacks before doing the glitch. But the OP was regarding a mechro with points in Ordered Chaos(or whatever it's called), and to get anywhere in that tree you have to have Smaller Lighter Faster.

EDIT: vvv my bad. I didn't realize kills also generated stacks.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 28, 2013

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
Don't forget kills also get you stacks, it isn't just the reloads. In fact, the infinity guarantees you'll never accidentally reload so you can spend that discord point elsewhere if you want.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Blotto Battalion posted:

Don't forget kills also get you stacks, it isn't just the reloads. In fact, the infinity guarantees you'll never accidentally reload so you can spend that discord point elsewhere if you want.

Yeah that's what I was going to say, you can still get stacks.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
Hey look! New DLC

Hey look! My badass rank wiped down to zero and skins lost...again.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

Yeah you just messaged me. I've got a 30% shock and 30% corrosive, but no explosive relics unfortunately.

No problem, thanks for the reply here. Do keep your eyes open though, if you don't mind!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I've been farming Henry the stalker trying to get the Rasta head for my Gunzerker. I've pulled three(!) copies of 'The Cradle' shield and not a single head. What the hell, are they really rarer than legendary crap?

AzMiLion posted:

Does anyone on 360 have an infinity pistol available for trading/duping? my GT is AzMiLion, i don't really have anything to offer in return for it.

Sure, I'll try to be on tonight and I can drop those and a few others on you. Out of curiosity, do you have any Blue+ Tier Bandit or Vladof guns? Those things are like catnip to me.

Hambone, Kifisonfire - are either of you guys going to be on tonight or later this week?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Father Wendigo posted:

I've been farming Henry the stalker trying to get the Rasta head for my Gunzerker. I've pulled three(!) copies of 'The Cradle' shield and not a single head. What the hell, are they really rarer than legendary crap?

I'm pretty sure I got the rasta head on TVHM before I even got to Sanctuary. I can't remember where I got it from though, it might even have been from a vending machine.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

Father Wendigo posted:

Sure, I'll try to be on tonight and I can drop those and a few others on you. Out of curiosity, do you have any Blue+ Tier Bandit or Vladof guns? Those things are like catnip to me.

Hambone, Kifisonfire - are either of you guys going to be on tonight or later this week?

Yes I will be on sporadically this week. I'm mountain time and I'm on leave for work. I'm also a single parent so my weekdays are more free then my evenings.

That said I am very loving frustrated with Borderlands. This is the third time this badass reset and lost skins thing has happened to me. I thought they fixed this. I just went into all my characters and seem to have recovered about half of points. If you haven't experienced this yet; Think how much fun spending 200+ Badass points would be?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

They're too busy nerfing fun shields and weapons into the ground to fix bugs.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

No problem, thanks for the reply here. Do keep your eyes open though, if you don't mind!
The treasure stash is my go-to place for relics and stuff because of the crazy amount of chests, but even when I find them a lot of the time it will be just shy of "the relic". I find a lot of action skill 32% relics, which is great since I already have a 35%. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out.

Father Wendigo posted:

I'll be on tomorrow probably. If I'm playing something else (If I am it will be AC3), then just invite me anyway and I'll hop on.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Father Wendigo posted:

I got the Commando and Siren heads from Henry and have just been holding on to them for duping purposes. I take it you're on Xbox? If you're not already on my list, friend me. Same name as my forums name. No Gunzerker head, I know, but if you want those two as well I'm happy to dupe.

Kifisonfire posted:

The treasure stash is my go-to place for relics and stuff because of the crazy amount of chests, but even when I find them a lot of the time it will be just shy of "the relic". I find a lot of action skill 32% relics, which is great since I already have a 35%. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out.

Cool, I appreciate it. I've been farming Pete for relics, and I actually found my 24% explosive relic from Terramorphous. Perhaps the treasure room would be better overall. It's really boring, but so is Pete farming at this point.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Father Wendigo posted:

Already got one from another goon, pretty sure i have bandit legendaries at least. not sure about vladof, i don't have a headset so i can't commmunicate worth a drat.
If you've got skype though feel free to add me on that. makes for easy communication.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

In the PC thread someone just mentioned a new patch that fixes some of the dumber aspects of the game, like Torgue machines only stocking up to level 48 oranges and correcting Zero's SoT mod.

Now if they could just add in a way to get some more skill points...

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

The Duke posted:

In the PC thread someone just mentioned a new patch that fixes some of the dumber aspects of the game, like Torgue machines only stocking up to level 48 oranges and correcting Zero's SoT mod.

Now if they could just add in a way to get some more skill points...

Here's a list of hotfixes, from http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/993/borderlands-2-hot-fixes

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
January 29, 2013
Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

All of those are awesome. I might actually buy something from those machines now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad they fixed the Torgue midget thing, that was really aggravating.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm glad they got rid of the rats. I play a lot of pub games and for some reason, that's a popular spot. My mechro went from 3m to 1m in about 3 runs.

Not that cash is a thing to worry about, but it's easier to hold onto it than it is to dupe it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Goddammit, I knew that those lvl 48 legendaries were an oversight. Took'em long enough to fix it. When do the hotfixes hit consoles?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

They should be live today according to the Gearbox twitter.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Saw some fiftieth level weapons in the Torgue vending machines today on 360, so it's live.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Unwrapping this game for my first taste of the sequel! I'm going to play as Axton first, the OP says he is good with every weapon type. Are certain weapon classes especially under/overpowered, or can I just chillax and use whatever I find that seems cool?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There are some skills that work better towards a certain weapon type but other than that you can use whatever the hell you want.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can just chillax, the class weapon affinities are much weaker now. The main difference from BL1 is that each vendor's gear is now radically different from the others and they each have some unique aspect you can't get with the others.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've found most Dahl weapons to be kinda useless (except for the nonuple miniguns, drat). Every weapon class/manufacturer sorta has it's charms, though. Some classes kind of work better with specific weapons when you're going for a particular build, but you can basically use whatever you want.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've found most Dahl weapons to be kinda useless (except for the nonuple miniguns, drat). Every weapon class/manufacturer sorta has it's charms, though. Some classes kind of work better with specific weapons when you're going for a particular build, but you can basically use whatever you want.

I never liked Dahl or Bandit guns. The reload time on Bandit guns is terrible and outweighs the pros of having a larger mag.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok so my friends got me back into this game to do the Hammerlock + finish up the Torgue dlc. We even managed to beat Terramorphous for the first time! Working on Hyperius now.

Anyway though I'd like to expand my legendary collection I guess, so I'm looking for CCs, Infinities, Baby Makers, Bonus Package, legendary gunzerker class mads (or any class I guess). Any type of element/make is alright I'm not picky.

In return I can offer a selection of other legendaries (including the Gub, corrosive Bitch, unkempt Harold, Pyrophobia, binary thunderball fists, fire leech, Invader, a bunch of others I forgot, legendary assassin mod), a crap load of various relics, a couple lvl 50 quest rewards, a few assorted heads/skins (nothing too rare here), some nice purples I guess?

on the xbox, gt is Are You Batman, I'm on right now but I'mma go shower then I'll stay on for an hour or two then I'll be on tomorrow evening?

Sometime later this week when I have more time I'd be down to fight some of the other raid bosses or whatever but I'd have no idea what to do/good builds.

uhh, so thanks in advance?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Thanks again Krampus, you rule.

Dude joined my game, killed Hyperius in less than a minute and then dropped like 30 rare heads and various oranges for all my characters. You have saved me so much time boss farming, and I'm already at 5 days played on my Zerker :blush:

Pretty Pretty Pony
Jul 13, 2003

Mazerunner posted:

Ok so my friends got me back into this game to do the Hammerlock + finish up the Torgue dlc. We even managed to beat Terramorphous for the first time! Working on Hyperius now.

Anyway though I'd like to expand my legendary collection I guess, so I'm looking for CCs, Infinities, Baby Makers, Bonus Package, legendary gunzerker class mads (or any class I guess). Any type of element/make is alright I'm not picky.

In return I can offer a selection of other legendaries (including the Gub, corrosive Bitch, unkempt Harold, Pyrophobia, binary thunderball fists, fire leech, Invader, a bunch of others I forgot, legendary assassin mod), a crap load of various relics, a couple lvl 50 quest rewards, a few assorted heads/skins (nothing too rare here), some nice purples I guess?

on the xbox, gt is Are You Batman, I'm on right now but I'mma go shower then I'll stay on for an hour or two then I'll be on tomorrow evening?

Sometime later this week when I have more time I'd be down to fight some of the other raid bosses or whatever but I'd have no idea what to do/good builds.

uhh, so thanks in advance?

Sent you a message through Xbox. I think I can hook you up with a lot of the things you're missing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Pretty Pretty Pony posted:

Sent you a message through Xbox. I think I can hook you up with a lot of the things you're missing.

Thanks for the offer but KidKrampus I think it was joined my game and dropped like a bajillion items, I still need to sort them all out and see what I got. (thanks again btw kk)

I'm still down to play w goons starting... tomorrow afternoon maybe? Depending on what my friends are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
No problem guys. Always glad to help. If any other goons wants heads or legendary poo poo, or has a critical heartbreaker they'd be willing to dupe, hit me up on XBL at KidKrampus.

• Locked thread