Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Clearly the forces that crashed my browser wanted a better rating for Hippo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

This Owns

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

And so, we reach the home stretch, 4.5 games out and with a significantly tougher schedule than the current Wildcard leaders. It will take a lot. But our spreadsheets are set. Our Twitter feeds are strong. The equations predict that we will win, or die whining about how we should have. This week, we face the under-appreciated Imperialists (8 games under their Pythag!) and the once-powerful Unicorns (4 above theirs); a 4-2 week is practically necessary if we hope to see the playoffs.

Changes:
- Brooks Robinson has been a hot mess at the hot corner. He will be replaced by Kevin Youkilis. This does not bode well.
- Naturally, this entails lineup changes.
- Welcome to the rotation, now-94-OVR Hippo Vaughn. I had to go through the fire to get you and improve you; do me proud. Back to a 5-man rotation, with Hippo starting the next game.
- To replace Orosco, Dave McNally joins the bullpen as a MR, bumping Rick Aguilera back to SR.
- Freehan catches for Radbourn, Bender, & Glavine; Cash for the other two.
- Slider changes: H&R -3, Squeeze -4, Xtra Bases -1, Steal -2, PH -2, Short Rest 2, Thru Trouble -1

-----

NotThatSamBeckett: Since Ken Holtzman is under discussion with Pander, what if I kick it up a notch and offer 1919 Phil Douglas for Jackson, Radinsky, either Belisle or Putz, and a couple even-more-lottery-ticket lottery tickets (Bob Wicker & Bob Rhoads)?

SmasherDynamo, should this deal be accepted prior to the sim tomorrow, please do the following:
- if any reliever rolls 82 OVR or higher, add them at SR, drop McNally to MR, and put Aguilera on the bench
- if two relievers roll 82 OVR or higher, add the lefty at SR (or whichever lefty you think is better) and the other at MR, with McNally replacing Lolich at LR
- if any starter rolls 93 or higher, replace Lolich/McNally with them I guess

-----

e: ^^^ Note that Smasher's first notable act in that game was to shoot at me, despite the fact that I was in last place. :smugdog:

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 30, 2013

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012
If a generic deadballer with a 7 ERA is "up a notch," I am flabbergasted and gobsmacked to consider the lower notches. But no, I'm not gonna ask Smasher to enter in a bunch of terrible baseballers like Bob Rhoads.

Since I am apparently not selling Rex Brothers, would you like Ol' Eddie Guardado from 2004? He's hurt for me, but not for you. 163 ERA+, sub 1 WHIP, 3+ K/BB, etc.

Pete Ladd fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 30, 2013

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
NotThatSamBeckett

You're a good man.

Everyone else

A dispersal draft pick (between third and fourth rounds) to the team that relegates the Web 2.0 Bloggers!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

How can a single team relegate the Bloggers?
There would be at least 2 teams knocking them off in the Gauntlet.

I don't get a crack at a free pick for doing all I can to get rid of troublemakers like the Bloggers and Bulldogs. :argh:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

How can a single team relegate the Bloggers?
There would be at least 2 teams knocking them off in the Gauntlet.

I don't get a crack at a free pick for doing all I can to get rid of troublemakers like the Bloggers and Bulldogs. :argh:

Team with the better record against them, presumably. Unless there was to be a CHALLENGE issued!!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

The Merry Marauder posted:

Team with the better record against them, presumably. Unless there was to be a CHALLENGE issued!!

Hell, I'll give both teams a pick for their services (also, where the Bloggers are currently slotted, there's a decent chance that whichever teams do kill them, one or both might still be relegated.)

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Everyone else

A dispersal draft pick (between third and fourth rounds) to the team that relegates the Web 2.0 Bloggers!

Well drat, I guess I should be rooting to stick in that ninth Gauntlet slot if there may be free poo poo to be gained. :getin:

Also, Smasher, am I seeing things or did my Roy Oswalt's rating go down three points between updates?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I guess the upside of going to the gauntlet is a chance to win a PRIZE.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

UZworm posted:

Also, Smasher, am I seeing things or did my Roy Oswalt's rating go down three points between updates?

Here are some facts about ratings in Mogul, exactly one of which is not true:

-Ratings can go up and down over the course of the season
-Older and younger players are more prone to see wider shifts in ratings over a season
-Injuries, even minor ones, can permanently lower the ratings of a player
-Ratings can change a bit across save files/seasons
-Ratings may not accurately represent a player's competence in the Super-League for any number of reasons
-Every time a rating changes, it is because I am intentionally editing players as part of a grand design to punish owners I hate and reward my loyal stooges

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

-Every time a rating changes, it is because I am intentionally editing players as part of a grand design to punish owners I hate and reward my loyal stooges

Well I don't see any other way my Santo could've gotten an 80 rating

Monicro fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 30, 2013

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

If a generic deadballer with a 7 ERA is "up a notch," I am flabbergasted and gobsmacked to consider the lower notches. But no, I'm not gonna ask Smasher to enter in a bunch of terrible baseballers like Bob Rhoads.

Since I am apparently not selling Rex Brothers, would you like Ol' Eddie Guardado from 2004? He's hurt for me, but not for you. 163 ERA+, sub 1 WHIP, 3+ K/BB, etc.

I think Douglas is better than Holtzman myself, but if you feel otherwise then so much the better. I'm not averse to a flyer on Guardado, put him into the trade I offered instead of Putz/Belisle? (I don't know your valuation of those guys, but I think Guardado is worse than them).

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Smasher Dynamo posted:

-Ratings can go up and down over the course of the season
-Older and younger players are more prone to see wider shifts in ratings over a season
-Injuries, even minor ones, can permanently lower the ratings of a player
-Ratings can change a bit across save files/seasons
-Ratings may not accurately represent a player's competence in the Super-League for any number of reasons

Sorry if that came off badly, I'm not insinuating that you're messing with me or issuing ratings challenges or anything. I was just unaware that random ratings changes could happen even when Oswalt wasn't injured. (Or that he was injured for a short time and I never knew.)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

UZworm posted:

Sorry if that came off badly, I'm not insinuating that you're messing with me or issuing ratings challenges or anything. I was just unaware that random ratings changes could happen even when Oswalt wasn't injured. (Or that he was injured for a short time and I never knew.)

Yeah, I was freaking out about ratings decay for a few weeks, but I bet every team's average rating is at least a couple points lower than when the season started.

Actually, anybody in the other league want to conspire with me to trade our entire teams to each other? Everyone should get a re-roll back to beginning-of-season form, and we'll run roughshod over these other losers in the last month. :v:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

UZworm posted:

Look at my Stan Musial who's dropped 8 points while remaining uninjured for example. It happens much more in old players.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mornacale posted:

Pander, just to be clear, is Bill Lohrman intentionally excluded from that proposal?
Yes. Is he a sticking point?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Please replace the injured Rollie with setup Rollie, and move Kerry Wood in to set up.

Put Lajoie back in at second, and Bonds in for Ted Williams. Thank you.

Choice is obviously B.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

quote:

-Warm Sarsaparilla was wrong about Sonny Siebert. Dead wrong.

That's '66 Siebert, Monathin. It's not too late for yooouuuu...

Look like I can't survive pitching injuries. Seaver in for Siebert.

Put Assenmacher back in for Goose, pull Ott for Klein and Posada for Don Slaught, give Posada the personal work for Hershiser.

I reckon I'll have to condescend to replacing George Brett with Mike Schmidt. drat shame, that.

B.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

poo poo. OK, Dihigo's looking to miss two starts, so replace him with Sudden Sam. DL JD Drew, play Tartabull full time, I guess. Rest Rickey with a Lankford/Hisle platoon.

Sic itur ad chirotheca, what?

Rance is with Ahura Mazda now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

That's '66 Siebert, Monathin. It's not too late for yooouuuu...

drat you, Sonny Seibert! drat YOU! :argh:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Huh, I could've sworn this one was true but by process of elimination I guess it's just a coincidence :ms:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Thanks to a half foot of snow and a nearly empty office giving me plenty of time to make fantasy fantasy baseball spreadsheets, it's time for...

:siren: PLAYOFF NUMBERS CHAT :siren:

Playoff numbers chat time was something former owner and SL scribe Koop would take on near the end of each regular season. Playoff numbers chat takes form of what's called magic or tragic numbers. For the division and wild card leaders, your magic number describes the number of wins by you and losses by your opponents needed to mathematically clinch the division or wild card. Conversely, for those trailing the leaders, your tragic number is the number of wins by the leader and losses by you before you are mathematically out of contention.

These numbers are calculated using the formula: 163 - WinsByLeader - LossesByTrailer. As an example, let's use the Sic Transit Vir division. Fukoka is currently 87-51, Cleveland is 71-66, and Oneida is 71-67. So, Marauder's magic number is currently 10; because he has 81 wins and Cleveland has 66 losses and 163-81-66=10. As the second place team, Cleveland's tragic number is 10. So over the course of the last month, each win by Fukoka and each loss by Cleveland will decrease that magic/tragic number by one. After ten, Fukoka officially clinches the division title. Now as the third place team, Oneida's tragic number is 9, as they have one more loss than Cleveland. After 9 Fukoka wins/Oneida losses, the Spooners are eliminated from contention for the division title.

As a general rule, without head-to-head matchups, the best teams can expect to gain over the course of a week is about a game on the leaders. So with 4 (Dynamo League) or 5 (Smasher) weeks left in the season, you better be within about 5 or 6 games of the leader to have a realistic shot of winning the division or earning a wild card spot.

Dynamo League

Officially eliminated from playoffs: None

Momento Mori
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Cancun       82   55     19 
Antarctica   75   62     19
Web 2.0      70   67     14
Portland     65   72      9
Burma        57   81      0
It's a two horse race between Cancun and Antarctica, but not a very close one. The Unspecifieds would need a bunch of help to make up 7 games. Burma is officially out of the race and the Bloggers and Bulldogs are a couple weeks behind them. Unlike Portland, might have a chance to escape the Gauntlet still.

Vae Victis
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Rockford     82   56     18 
Coburns      75   63     18
Dubai        65   72      9
Dickshots    64   74      7
Oranges      59   77      4
Rochester    52   85      0
Like the Momento Mori, it's techinically still a two-team race, but with the Losers surging and the Coburns faltering, the door has been all but officially shut. All the rest of the teams in this division should be hoping to make a late run to better improve which round of the Gauntlet they'll be fighting out of. Which is sad because the SLVI Vae Victis was a powerhouse of contending teams, but now the Dervishes, Oranges, and Generics are going to be fighting out of the deep rounds of the Gauntlet and might not see another season.

Sic Transit Vir
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Fukoka       87   51     10 
Cleveland    71   66     10
Oneida       71   67      9
San Juan     64   73      3
Albany       60   78      0
Another year, another Sic Transit Vir title for Marauder's virtual trophy case. Cleveland and Oneida are more concerned about Wild Card positioning at this point as they're both about 2 weeks from elimination in this race. San Juan and Albany should be finding ways to improve their team for the Gauntlet.

Wild Card
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Antarctica   75   62    25
Coburns      75   63    25
Cleveland    71   66    22
Oneida       71   67    21
Web 2.0      70   67    21
Dubai        65   72    16
Portland     65   72    16
San Juan     64   73    15
Dickshots    64   74    14
Oranges      59   77    11
Albany       60   78    10
Burma        57   81     7
Rochester    52   85     3
If you're not one of Antarctica, the Coburns, Cleveland, Oneida, or the Bloggers, let's be honest here: you're not making the playoffs via the wild card spots either. Sorry, but hopefully you survive the Gauntlet and live for another season and can make some more improvements. Unicorns and Bloggers have most control of their destiny, as they have the most remaining series against the wild card contenders; however, the Bloggers probably have the most difficult remaining schedule, too.

Smasher League

Officially eliminated from playoffs: Spokane

Mark Bellhorn
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Finger Lakes 72   58     28 
Barons       68   63     28
Hartford     64   67     24
Cleveland    55   76     15
New England  52   78     13
The Phoenixes lead at this stage is certainly not insurmountable at this stage, but time is quickly running out.

Senor Goodtimes
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Lombard St   83   49     29 
Luna         80   51     29
New Orleans  74   57     23
Philadelphia 63   68     12
Cuba         59   71      9
Saturn       60   72      8
Here's what we know: this division race will go down to wire as the Senor Goodtimes almost always does. The consolation prize for second place will be one of the two wild card spots. And as the Mashers have also been quite good for most of the season, the Goodtimes division could very well take the other. I'd guess Cuba and Saturn will officially be eliminated after today's update. Fare thee well, blakelmenakle. Hopefully, you can recapture some of that Bobbleheads magic in the next team.

Norris-Smythe
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
South Bolton 82   50     17 
Ryleh        67   64     17
Oxbridge     65   67     14
Seattle      57   75      6
Spokane      48   83      0
Short of the Eazy W's virtual team plane crashing into the side of a mountain, they've got this locked up. While a disappointing season for sure, the Cultists will still likely live on without having to play from the Gauntlet.

Wild Card
pre:
             W    L     Magic/Tragic
Luna         80   51    26
New Orleans  74   57    26
Barons       68   63    20
Ryleh        67   64    19
Oxbridge     65   67    16
Hartford     64   67    16
Philadelphia 63   68    15
Cuba         59   71    12
Saturn       60   72    11
Seattle      57   75     8
Cleveland    55   76     7
New England  52   78     5
Spokane      48   83     0
On second thought, yeah, the Senor Goodtimes is going to account for 3 playoff spots in the SL this season. Only the Barons and Cultists have an outside chance at the second spot. But at 6 and 7 games back respectively, aren't likely to be able to make that much ground up at this point. For the rest, I guess figure out if there's anything you can do to improve for the Gauntlet.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Goddamn, internet is finally back. Right then, time to move some shits.

Let's move Strawberry to the bench and put Hrbek at DH.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Sort of a good news, bad news thing here. Granted, it's mainly good news for me.

I hosed up the Dynamo League save file. That's the bad news.

The good news is that, and let's be honest here, none of the playoff races this year were very good anyway. So, instead of the final month of the season, I propose that we just finish this off as quickly as possible in the following way:

Dynamo League

The following teams were theoretically capable of getting the wildcard with four weeks to go:

-Unspecifieds
-Coburns
-Bloggers
-Unicorns
-Spooners
-Dervishes (barely)

So, we'll create a sort of mini-Gauntlet, with ToiletofSadness's magic numbers for the wildcard race determining who will win those two wildcards.

Smasher League

The save isn't corrupted, but we all know how the races are going to turn out.

So, thoughts?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting C.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
As a team that directly benefits from this, I'll abstain from the Smasher League vote, but am in favour of a DL Wildcard Mini-Gauntlet!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Sort of a good news, bad news thing here. Granted, it's mainly good news for me.

The good news is that, and let's be honest here, none of the playoff races this year were very good anyway. So, instead of the final month of the season, I propose that we just finish this off as quickly as possible in the following way:

Dynamo League

The following teams were theoretically capable of getting the wildcard with four weeks to go:

-Unspecifieds
-Coburns
-Bloggers
-Unicorns
-Spooners
-Dervishes (barely)

So, we'll create a sort of mini-Gauntlet, with ToiletofSadness's magic numbers for the wildcard race determining who will win those two wildcards.

Smasher League

So, thoughts?

Mini-Gauntlet sounds fun, at least this means less time anticipating the gauntlet for teams like mine!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Seeing as my motley band of misfits, plus Ted Williams and Mantle and Clemens, are already facing the thrills and spills of The Gauntlet, we are all in favour of more hot and spicy gauntlet action.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
I'm fine with a wild card gauntlet, it seems like a fitting end to a season where there were a lot of middling teams. And hey, apparently this is the closest thing I've had to a shot at a wild card since the end of June or so... I'm curious how the results of this will impact the real Gauntlet later on, or indeed how it would be structured if we're calling this a strike-shortenend season. Just using records at the end of recorded time?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Dynamo League

-Unspecifieds
-Coburns
-Bloggers
-Unicorns
-Spooners
-Dervishes (barely)

Smasher League

So, thoughts?

I'm not really unbiased, since I probably have more to gain from this than anyone, but I'd like a little more information:

- How will the sims go? 40 games all at once? (Or will it be only 28 games?) I've got some fragile players and the idea of my destiny riding on the AI manager frightens me.
- As Beet asked, I'd like to know how this effects Gauntlet placement, particularly with respect to fitting us amongst similarly-placed teams in the Smasher League.
- Just throwing this out there in case you like it better (I imagine it's more work, so you won't, but hey): instead of a mini-Gauntlet we could have a round robin of best-of-7 series between each team (with some adjustment to give the Unspecified and Coburns an advantage)

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Mornacale posted:

I'm not really unbiased, since I probably have more to gain from this than anyone, but I'd like a little more information:

- How will the sims go? 40 games all at once? (Or will it be only 28 games?) I've got some fragile players and the idea of my destiny riding on the AI manager frightens me.
- As Beet asked, I'd like to know how this effects Gauntlet placement, particularly with respect to fitting us amongst similarly-placed teams in the Smasher League.
- Just throwing this out there in case you like it better (I imagine it's more work, so you won't, but hey): instead of a mini-Gauntlet we could have a round robin of best-of-7 series between each team (with some adjustment to give the Unspecified and Coburns an advantage)

This probably isn't going to be surprising to anybody, but what actually happened to the save file was that I was really tired when I was edited Hippo Vaughn's stats, and accidentally overwrote the save data.

Anyway, I'll leave the Smasher League teams where they are in the Gauntlet, as well as the Dynamo League teams that aren't going to the wildcard playoff. The remaining six teams would slot into the following slots:

-Round 6 of the Gauntlet
-Round 8 of the Gauntlet
-Round 9 of the Gauntlet
-Round 9 of the Gauntlet
-Playoff Spot
-Playoff Spot

So, we'll have the team that does worst in the Wildcard Gauntlet take the Round 6 slot, the next worst take the Round 8 slot and so on.

In terms of the mechanics, I'll start each team off with the number of wins they had at the end of the last week I simmed, so...

Unspecifieds: 75 wins
Coburns: 75 wins
Cleveland: 71 wins
Oneida: 71 wins
Web 2.0: 70 wins
Dubai: 65 wins

First two teams to 90 wins get the playoff spots.

In terms of durability and injuries, let's just say that everyone is healthy for this playoff, and given the number of off days in the Gauntlet, you don't need to worry about players needing days off.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Doing the wild-card gauntlet is perfectly fine by me, especially since it does give some of those on the bubble teams an outside shot at making the playoffs as opposed to being locked into the Gauntlet.

As a team going to the playoffs, it does scare me because now all my players get re-rolled and I lose the useful information I gained about their performance over the course of the regular season (okay, mainly I'm just scared because about every third roll of Satchel Paige turns out to be the cursed Brony version). But given the situation, I guess there's not much to be done about it. I guess what I'm saying is that any faltering of my team in the playoffs is directly Mornacle's fault.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
What horrible fate has befallen our EC friend Grinnblade? :ohdear:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hippo Vaughn helped kill the Failures, and killed the Dynamo League.

I'd be OK with the playoffs/gauntlet going as the way you mentioned them, although I say you should sim the rest of the Smasher League season. Post the stats for the next update tonight, then sim and post the entire rest of the season tomorrow, and go from there with it.

I personally want to see how my team will do with Hamilton in the lineup before it's too late, and I think we all want to see just how far the Cultists can fall.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

theacox posted:

Is Little League back on?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Oh god, now I actually have killed the league.

Anyway, I'm fully on board with this. Can I make sure I'm not mistaken on the following:
1) since there are only 18 EC teams, "Round 9 of the Gauntlet" actually means "safe into next season"
2) we get to see our rolls before the sim (trust me, you do not want to see the conditionals I will write if we have to go in blind)
3) half-games in the current standings will be used as the first tiebreakers

In fact, it might clean things up a bit if we just set a 30-game schedule (each team has a home-and-away against each other team) and then set a handicap such that:

Burma: +0 wins
Web 2.0: +5
Oneida: +5.5
Cleveland: +6
Coburns: +9.5
Antarctica: +10

Then no need to worry about "first to 90" or keeping track of half-game tiebreakers. Sorry if this is already the plan.

(I swear I'm trying to make your life easier, not harder.)

-----

e: Also, Pander, Lohrman isn't the sticking point, but I think I like the deal on the table with NotThatSamBeckett better even with Lohrman, so I wanted to make sure what you were offering.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 30, 2013

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

theacox posted:

I was asked to slow up for a bit, so I did, and then promptly had Stuff and Things happen in Real Life.

But I am back, and the August results will be up before February rolls around.

ForeverBWFC posted:

Is Little League back on?

uhhh

what

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Mini-Gauntlet sounds like fun, though obviously the fact that we're going to need to re-roll all of this means that I'm probably going to lose any of that in-season momentum the Spooners had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm all in favor of whatever gets the most funny-laughs and hilarious pratfalls possible.

So I guess that means yeah, mini-gauntlet. :black101:

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 30, 2013