Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
What's going on? I don't have a TV handy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I think Maxwell was like, hurry up and bowl already, and Mahela was like, gently caress you

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Blow up the team

Tony Inchpractice
Aug 30, 2011
Sri Lankans took a bit of a breather before the last ball. Maxwell took offense, told them to bowl already - Jayawardene told him to gently caress off. Last ball was almost wide, Maxwell continued to air his grievances during the handshakes. Much fingerpointing and quick cuts to avoid us reading lips.
Aussies come out of the sheds and Wade (I think) continued the discussion with Finch eventually pushing Jayawardene away.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Mahela is a loving sook, I love how he told the umpire to gently caress off when he told him to hurry up and bowl the last ball.

Also the guy bowling the last over mouthed off at Maxwell after the last ball. It looked like Warner and Wade were saying something to him when shaking hands.

Be good to play a real team in tests rather than Sri Lanka who are only good at this slap and tickle rubbish.

Applecross WC. fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 28, 2013

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

webmeister posted:

What's going on? I don't have a TV handy

Maxwell said something to the effect of "hurry the gently caress up", Mahela told him to gently caress off, Thisara gave it to him when he missed the last ball then after the game had finish and they were doing their handshakes it kept going. Mahela was sooking and Maxwell kept arguing, then Wade got in on it and they sorta had to break it up. Was a bit like a footy argument really.

Gonna be a lot of sookery, should be entertaining :cool:

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Tony Inchpractice posted:

Sri Lankans took a bit of a breather before the last ball. Maxwell took offense, told them to bowl already - Jayawardene told him to gently caress off.

I thought he was telling the umpire to gently caress off.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Applecross WC. posted:

I thought he was telling the umpire to gently caress off.

Could be either, was hard to see. Assume it was Maxwell cos he was yelling at him, doubt Mahela would say that to an ump.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Applecross WC. posted:

Be good to play a real team rather than Sri Lanka who are only good at this slap and tickle rubbish.

Have a loving cry about it. :qq:

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

PTizzle posted:

Could be either, was hard to see. Assume it was Maxwell cos he was yelling at him, doubt Mahela would say that to an ump.

Could very well have been directed at Maxwell then.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

Mister Chief posted:

Have a loving cry about it. :qq:

Don't care so much about Twenty20 but have lost a lot of respect for Jayawardene, as soon as it started raining he was desperate to get off the ground yet again.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure any player in any bowling side in the world would have done the exact same thing in that situation if they knew they were ahead on d/l

They're watering the pitch now, not enough rain I guess

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
33 minutes to bowl 5 overs should at least incur some De Villiers-esque fines.

Good entertainment after the rain.

Doc Holliday
Dec 24, 2002
So when it rains you lose overs due to a magical cutoff time but you can proceed to bowl the overs so slowly, that you could have gotten the whole game in anyway. I love cricket.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Great 'Dhoniesque' innings from Marsh should be enough to secure his position in the team indefinitely.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Applecross WC. posted:

Be good to play a real team in tests rather than Sri Lanka who are only good at this slap and tickle rubbish.
I have to agree, this whole series (especially the tests) I wished we were playing South Africa again.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Applecross WC. posted:

Mahela is a loving sook, I love how he told the umpire to gently caress off when he told him to hurry up and bowl the last ball.

He doesn't even have a southern cross tattoo!

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Julia Gillard. Literally better at picking cricket teams than CA?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
She still picked Ponting who failed and Haddin.

So about par.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Does the PM even pick his/her own team? If so, I can imagine Howard and Hawke picking theirs but presume any others in the last 30 years left it up to someone else. Although Rudd probably would have just because he micromanaged everything.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
A mate of mine works for the ALP in Canberra and he knows the guy that picked Rudd's teams.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Shane Warne is writing a blog post on what is wrong with cricket australia. He was originally supposed to post it at three, but now he's posting it on his site in half an hour and it will be in two parts. I'm pretty sure it'll just come down to "these are my friends, give them every job, pick all of my team mates in the Australian team, I will play in The Ashes"

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Johnson just busted Warner's thumb, apparently.

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

Scylo posted:

Shane Warne is writing a blog post on what is wrong with cricket australia. He was originally supposed to post it at three, but now he's posting it on his site in half an hour and it will be in two parts. I'm pretty sure it'll just come down to "these are my friends, give them every job, pick all of my team mates in the Australian team, I will play in The Ashes"

pretty much

Selectors: R.Marsh (chairman), Clarke, M.Waugh, D.Martyn, G.McGrath.
Head team performance: M.Taylor.
Coach: S.Fleming
Asst coach: D.Lehmann.
Batting coach: M.Hussey/M.Bevan.
Bowling coach: M.Hughes/B.Reid.
Consultant: I.Chappell.

http://www.shanewarne.com/blog/330/where-is-australian-cricket-at-part-1

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Fleming? :getin:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
"a wonderful communicator" ... first time I've heard Mark Taylor described that way.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Sounds like a quote from a kids school report where teachers are told to always start with a positive. Mark is a wonderful communicator but....

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

EMC posted:

Sounds like a quote from a kids school report where teachers are told to always start with a positive. Mark is a wonderful communicator but....

but ... all he keeps communicating is what a good show The Block is.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Also Fujitsu air-conditioners

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tony A. Butt posted:

Also Fujitsu air-conditioners

Not as good as our Stephen.

http://youtu.be/EK3AF6fDUOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Warne was talking about him though. :confused:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Warne was talking about him though. :confused:

I meant Mark Taylor falls short of Stephen Fleming when talking about Fujitsu products.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

thepokey posted:

"a wonderful communicator" ... first time I've heard Mark Taylor described that way.

As a captain to his players? Yeah he was. He did a lot to turn an average side and some players with potential into something special that became the greatest team we ever had under Waugh.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Warner has a thumb fracture, Khawaja in.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

As a captain to his players? Yeah he was. He did a lot to turn an average side and some players with potential into something special that became the greatest team we ever had under Waugh.

Oh yeah I realise that, however, not really the context I was thinking of when reading those words.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Cocksmith posted:

Johnson just busted Warner's thumb, apparently.

Someone put a hit out on Johnson before it's too late

...It's too late :(

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I thought Johnson was only supposed to break the oppositions hands. Which is his only positive. If he's doing it to our players then gently caress him. Unless it's Shaun Marsh

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's not smart enough to distinguish between friend and foe.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

goatface posted:

He's not smart enough to distinguish between friend and foe.

Australian fans don't know which MiJo is so that kind of makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Hyperriker posted:

Someone put a hit out on Johnson before it's too late

...It's too late :(

What's his body count now? It's gotta be approaching double figures in this summer alone.

• Locked thread