Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

you need to seek a mental health option because you are displaying schizophrenia out the rear end. Thats why we compare you to losethos because he was actually an admitted schizophrenic who acted the same way you do. Thinking his product was gods gift to man(for him it was literally that though) you are so unwilling to listen to anyone tell you your idea is stupid.

Kickstarter is the lowest form of entry for funding, if you can't drum up enough interest in a product to get a small sum of $20k from kickstarter do you really think that some VC or angel is going to think your idea is viable in any way? If they think its viable what is stopping them from ditching your terrible programming and backing a smarter company to do the project. I personally know a few VCs and none would even look at a product of your level of incompetence without being drunk off their asses or lured in with actual money. Most VCs are looking for a product that is done with the prototyping phase, has the kinks worked out, and just needs money for expansion or marketing or whatever the finishing touch is. I can't think of anyone who will fund an idea and that is all your site is right now, and all it will ever be with the extremely slow rate you have been developing. For example if I told you I had an idea for wireless electricity you as an investor wouldn't say "Where do i sign up" you would say "Show me" if i couldn't show you a novel prototype then you wouldn't fund me. You don't have the novel prototype you are a frontend for a site that could be considered a novel product. If wolfram alpha however came to a VC and said we are looking for funding people would sign up.

Here are some questions to ask yourself before you even think of asking a VC for money, as is the 3 kickstarters are going to turn off investors but just answer these:
Is your site as polished as something like Twitter when it got funding or facebook?
Does your site already have a ton of data that no other single source contains?
Is your site easy to use?
Is your site easily exploited?

The answers to those are obvious already and since you know the answers you have to either push yourself to correct those mistakes and not make literally no functional updates besides stealing wolfram alpha's data, or give up. From my perspective of having been in academia and doing a ton of research projects I know that there are better methods for an academic to get data then you could ever provide simply due to the sheer size of many academic datasets. Go get and parse all the easily available world factbook data from the CIA and make it show up on your site. That is a broad amount of tiny datasets and if you can't handle that you can't handle real meaningful statistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ten dollar bitcoin posted:

look at you, reduced to pegging for bitcoins

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Silver Alicorn posted:

kitteh just wants some corm flakes c'mon man
gotta have my pops!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yall gettin trolled

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
How fast does it take "QE" to actually do anything after trickle down effect. This world market is so diverse with the U.S. dollar, there is much much more wiggle room than they believe.

Do we care about treasury prices? Yes, but there are layers upon layers upon layers upon layers from when the time the treasury actually puts those treasuries out to market, then takes those dollars to filter through the economy.

I introduce a new form of monetary stimulation... have the treasury pick something to spend their money on that involves more pure innovation, and less war.

How long does that innovation take to transfer into wealth from a crummy trickle down effect.... a lot less time with more money to spend hiring people in fields of innovation. That is for sure.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
stay in academia where it's safe ian

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Ian McLean posted:

How fast does it take "QE" to actually do anything after trickle down effect. This world market is so diverse with the U.S. dollar, there is much much more wiggle room than they believe.

You need to talk to a doctor.

Seriously. Sorry dude. Talk to the professionals. Get out of your chair and do it now.

No, this isn't a joke.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

we are trying to help, ian

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

smoke weed ian

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

someone call a doctor we broke ian

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

right arm posted:

smoke weed ian

someone was telling me that nicotine can actually help alleviate schizophrenia and many schizophrenics have been unconsciously self-medicating for years. maybe ian should just go grab a pack of marlboro and see if anything improves

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

trickle down effect
please get help

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

right arm posted:

smoke weed ian

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Hey is there any possibility that this forum can just be completely hidden from the world. I feel like I am going to die every time I write on this thing.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Ian McLean posted:

Do we care about treasury prices? Yes, but there are layers upon layers upon layers upon layers from when the time the treasury actually puts those treasuries out to market, then takes those dollars to filter through the economy.

I introduce a new form of monetary stimulation... have the treasury pick something to spend their money on that involves more pure innovation, and less war.

How long does that innovation take to transfer into wealth from a crummy trickle down effect.... a lot less time with more money to spend hiring people in fields of innovation. That is for sure.

you are spiralling the drain of crazy right now. Go talk to a counselor from your school, its free and they are cool guys. If they think you are in fact not ok you can get on some Zyprexa or lithium and be better in like a week. I have been to a mental hospital twice because my meds got hosed up and i can guarantee you don't want to become one of the manic schizophrenics who refuse to take meds and ruin their lives. Not trying to give you an internet diagnosis but you are freaking me out just like losethos did

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Ian McLean posted:

Hey is there any possibility that this forum can just be completely hidden from the world. I feel like I am going to die every time I write on this thing.

hidden to all non registered users click the logout link then google it and you won't be able to view the posts. Also don't say you feel like you are going to die after going off on some strange schizo rant it sets off crazy alarm bells

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Ian McLean posted:

same

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
What is this schizophrenia nonsense going on about? There is none of that.

I will tell you though... as the human mind evolves how well is it able to compartmentalize and hear the brainwave thoughts of humanity when you want to hear them? Perhaps some people send their thoughts out, and others hold them in.

Honestly.... I am just going to come out with it.... I can hear what people are saying about me when I am not around. It is really upsetting most of the time, but I still try to do my best. Actually lots of people say lots of really encouraging things.

It is sort of like an on off switch for when I feel like hearing peoples opinions. It is not like I am going inside peoples minds, it is the outwardly thoughts expressed towards me.

I am to the clairvoyance point where I can hear phrases of things people say that I am 100% positive I have never heard before at ideal moments. Not even all my thoughts of things are mine sometimes. Sometimes I hear something from someone else, and then work with it.

I am divinely in touch with things in life, so it is what it is. I don't mean to get super spiritual or anything, but I believe God has the power to give any power to any man.

I found this Abramelin Mage Book to be super interesting, even though I think I am more pure hearted by far than that guy. cloud_mage@live.com bling bling yo.

Do you know what I find to be an enjoyable passtime? Moving the clouds and the winds. Usually I make the weather nice because then people get upset. Sometimes people like rain. If the audience of people talking to me says the rain is fine, then it happens maybe because everyone wanted it. If it is super cold or windy, I will stop the wind. I cannot heat things up super fast. I can meditate on moving warm southernly ocean winds.

Who is really to say what is and isn't enjoyable in life. I am not schizophrenic and that is an awful branding word for anyone as far as I know. Who is someone to say something within someone else's mind? Is that person a mind reader, or are they just too rationally atheist to believe anything out there in this world is possible.

Who's mind has more capabilities than whos? For all I know, these sectors of brain waves people get are perhaps real spirits.

I have a feeling lots of people let evil spirits in their heads. That is the sadness about all this. I say prayers to shower divine light on all creation.

I think lots of times people will be talking about me to other people, then I will say a response about what they are talking about without ever hearing them say anything directly to me, and I think it freaks people out. I do not talk about this because that stupid awful branding word that people use, and whatever "voice in the head" really means. If I believe that I can allow myself to meditate on listening, and actually hear stuff, then I think that makes me a completely sane person. Sometimes I enjoy being divinely in touch with reality. The ability to hear what people are saying about me when I want to hear it is a gift I do believe.

Statpedia will be successful, and then once it is, I am going to build humanoid robots where people can upload the skills to an iStore and sell them on an online market. Then I can eat a different dish every day of my life because Google cars bring the materials to my robot. If everyone is buying everyone else's food dishes on this iStore, not to mention any other type of skill, it will create a new global economy of people buying other peoples robot skills.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

hi toblerone

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
i just wanted to bbe a web programmer

oh wait that was tastyarmageddon

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Going to the fruit stand my iAn is broken. Stebe would never have let this garbage ship

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

BiohazrD posted:

yall gettin trolled

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ian McLean posted:

What is this schizophrenia nonsense going on about? There is none of that.

I will tell you though... as the human mind evolves how well is it able to compartmentalize and hear the brainwave thoughts of humanity when you want to hear them? Perhaps some people send their thoughts out, and others hold them in.

Honestly.... I am just going to come out with it.... I can hear what people are saying about me when I am not around. It is really upsetting most of the time, but I still try to do my best. Actually lots of people say lots of really encouraging things.

It is sort of like an on off switch for when I feel like hearing peoples opinions. It is not like I am going inside peoples minds, it is the outwardly thoughts expressed towards me.

I am to the clairvoyance point where I can hear phrases of things people say that I am 100% positive I have never heard before at ideal moments. Not even all my thoughts of things are mine sometimes. Sometimes I hear something from someone else, and then work with it.

I am divinely in touch with things in life, so it is what it is. I don't mean to get super spiritual or anything, but I believe God has the power to give any power to any man.

I found this Abramelin Mage Book to be super interesting, even though I think I am more pure hearted by far than that guy. cloud_mage@live.com bling bling yo.

Do you know what I find to be an enjoyable passtime? Moving the clouds and the winds. Usually I make the weather nice because then people get upset. Sometimes people like rain. If the audience of people talking to me says the rain is fine, then it happens maybe because everyone wanted it. If it is super cold or windy, I will stop the wind. I cannot heat things up super fast. I can meditate on moving warm southernly ocean winds.

Who is really to say what is and isn't enjoyable in life. I am not schizophrenic and that is an awful branding word for anyone as far as I know. Who is someone to say something within someone else's mind? Is that person a mind reader, or are they just too rationally atheist to believe anything out there in this world is possible.

Who's mind has more capabilities than whos? For all I know, these sectors of brain waves people get are perhaps real spirits.

I have a feeling lots of people let evil spirits in their heads. That is the sadness about all this. I say prayers to shower divine light on all creation.

I think lots of times people will be talking about me to other people, then I will say a response about what they are talking about without ever hearing them say anything directly to me, and I think it freaks people out. I do not talk about this because that stupid awful branding word that people use, and whatever "voice in the head" really means. If I believe that I can allow myself to meditate on listening, and actually hear stuff, then I think that makes me a completely sane person. Sometimes I enjoy being divinely in touch with reality. The ability to hear what people are saying about me when I want to hear it is a gift I do believe.

Statpedia will be successful, and then once it is, I am going to build humanoid robots where people can upload the skills to an iStore and sell them on an online market. Then I can eat a different dish every day of my life because Google cars bring the materials to my robot. If everyone is buying everyone else's food dishes on this iStore, not to mention any other type of skill, it will create a new global economy of people buying other peoples robot skills.
too obvious you blew it

good try though

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

RoadCrewWorker posted:

too obvious you blew it

good try though

iwanttobelieve.svg

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Ian, why didn't you mention any of that in your kickstarter or interview videos?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

statpedia is still dumb though

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Werthog 95 posted:

ian owns gently caress the haters

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

we had a good run ian, i hope you realise all of your dreams :unsmith:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:stare:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

i believe in ian mclean

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

i have beeen.... decieved? Ian noooooooo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

statpedia is still dumb though

STILL GAY AND STATPEDIA

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

i believe in ian mclean

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

who is the real ian mclean

is it u?
is it me?
i guess there's a bit of ian in all of us

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

kinda figured i was being "trolled" still gotta try though cause untreated mental illness really upsets me

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

like reading E/N where all those people have severe issues with like depression but refuse to seek counselling because they can manage their own life or something like that bothers me a lot. I want everyone to be as happy as their living situation allows and possibly happier than that. Although not too happy because people who are manic are crazy scary

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
there's decent money to be made from trolling kickstarter

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

STILL GAY AND STATPEDIA

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
have no business strategy? does your innovation focus for your post-graduation startup consist of an inventory system and led lightning? did your business end up failing? luckily in the kickstarter era now all you need to do is set up a page to beg for donations to pay your rent and debt instead of updating your plan for the future or failing and learning from experience http://www.indiegogo.com/lorem-ipsum-books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

CALLING ALL BOOK LOVERS, SUPERHEROS, AVENGERS

• Locked thread