Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Cristiano Ronaldo -

"I have to thank my friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from sporting arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be be accepted to their Academy"

"We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, then Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went on one on one with the goal keeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to getthe ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”.

Several years after, journalist went to Albert’s house, and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. “But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seemed to be a rich person. You also maintain your family…… where is all from?" Albert proudly replied; "its from Cristiano."

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That owns, do you have a source?

Would be great if it was true and not some forward email bullshit.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 30, 2013

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Strip the ballon d'or from Messi and give to Ronaldo imo

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people
Reminds of the story of when he was at Sporting and one of his youth team friends was being let go because there wasn't enough room to house them all at the club and he let him share his bed so he could stay at the club. I've always gotten the impression that Ronaldo is actually a lovely guy who's on-field persona gives people the wrong idea about him.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ronaldo is actually a pretty decent bloke, off the field most of the stories tend to be like the one's posted above. Like the time he sold his golden boot for 1.5million euros and donated it to building schools in Gaza.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Drogadon posted:

That owns, do you have a source?

Would be great if it was true and not some forward email bullshit.

Googling turned up this:

http://translate.google.com/transla...105.ece&act=url

Could be a Chinese whispers thing, given how similar it is to an actually confirmed event in that above link, then again apparently him being incredibly charitable isn't uncommon. I picked it up off a site that aggregates various sports stories.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ninpo posted:

Cristiano Ronaldo -

"I have to thank my friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for a youth club. When people from sporting arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be be accepted to their Academy"

"We won that game 3-0, I scored the first goal, then Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went on one on one with the goal keeper. I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to getthe ball into the empty net. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Academy. After the match, I approached him and asked him “why” and he answered; “You’re better than me”.

Several years after, journalist went to Albert’s house, and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. “But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seemed to be a rich person. You also maintain your family…… where is all from?" Albert proudly replied; "its from Cristiano."

If this is true then Cristiano just went from being a oval office to being a nice oval office to me.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Awwww Sergio :3:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ninpo posted:

Cristiano Ronaldo -

I cry every time

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Ninpo posted:

He parks where he wants...

I wonder if that's why it got pissed on..

Is that Chester Street opposite the now-demolished BBC building

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Yeah it's here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ma...,272.47,,0,6.37

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

rear end cobra posted:

Surely this is a more accurate Özil?

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

TheBigAristotle posted:

This lead to reading the Wikipedia entry on Liberia and by extension Samuel Doe.

Freakily, I did the exact same thing. His Wiki picture isn't very flattering.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I've laughed a lot at all 3 8-bit Ozils

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
That just looks like a normal person looking up.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is the correct one in case anyone was wondering.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Nailed it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiROIaujmAg

:D

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The fastest rescinded red card I'd imagine.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Balotelli's Best Bits.

Smarf
Mar 21, 2004

Arsehole!!!!

britishbornandbread posted:

Is that Chester Street opposite the now-demolished BBC building

Think so, I've seen him inside Zouk before.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Mancini on the Tube to or from the Emirates. No sign of the stupid hat he wore at the match.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Good to see Mancini being a member of public transport crew.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I hate when managers or players do that. It's just obvious PR to try and show how down to earth they are, but it's not fooling anyone.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Yeah, he should've borrowed Mickey Owen's helicopter.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I hate when managers or players do that. It's just obvious PR to try and show how down to earth they are, but it's not fooling anyone.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

christ some people are never loving satisfied.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

More reasons why he is my favorite player ever.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What was it?

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...
A lighter

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

A lighter.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
"Stop being a girl and actually mark someone!"

Even with hair like that Puyol is manly as hell.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Redundant posted:

"Stop being a girl and actually mark someone!"

Even with hair like that Puyol is manly as hell.

"Pique, stop loving around. Get back to work."

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Varane vs Barcelona

Good old Roberto Carlos visiting Valdebebas

Hegay fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Hegav posted:

Varane vs Barcelona

Shame it's not Ronaldo. Could be a classic picture.

• Locked thread