Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just want to say that I appreciate the Goonly generosity and Landrice coming to Ro to track the bastard, but I had my druid there and right before I was going to leave the bugger popped, so that bit is done. Now I am stuck on the Scribe camp in Lower Guk, which I have to do to finish the pre-quest. My bard is parked in Fear near the temple to keep an eye open for the Wraith as well.

This quest is already starting to get on my plums.

PS If anyone has one, please send a Ruby on test to Tingal; I screwed up and need to do the respec quests in Ro temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Perick posted:

I have a Bard question...do I *NEED* the various instruments still? Or will the various pieces of Defiant gear suffice?

The instrument modifiers on armor work the same as holding an instrument with the same level of modifier. The only instruments that a bard will actually equip now are the few high level items that make songs of the appropriate type last one tick longer, like the Twisted Reed Flute. At the really low levels it may be useful to equip a high modifier drum for selos though, or similar situations.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Perick posted:

I have a Bard question...do I *NEED* the various instruments still? Or will the various pieces of Defiant gear suffice?

Basically, once you're in VoA armor (85), instruments become effectively useless unless you're using rank III versions of songs. Instrument mod 26 = focus cap on the vast majority of songs with maxed instrument mastery.

Up until then, I strongly suggest keeping a good instrument around as the modifier will be significantly larger than that on Defiant armor for the most part, and still take effect. You don't necessarily have to use the instruments, but it can be handy, and if nothing else it'll still boost Selo's.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

xZAOx posted:

I wish I hadn't gotten drawn into a different MMO at the moment, because the goon revival sounds awesome as always.

It owns and you should come back :( Everyone from last year except you and Beo are playing on Test right now at the same general level range and it's even more fun than last year was :v:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

JustJeff88 posted:

PS If anyone has one, please send a Ruby on test to Tingal; I screwed up and need to do the respec quests in Ro temple.

You can buy rubies from most high end JC vendors.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

Pilsner posted:

I have plenty of Dream Motes for you that you can use to buy a cloak, and a better haste belt too. Do you know how Dream Motes work? Try to find me as Zliz in game.

Heard about them, haven't a clue how they work. I'll contact you in game.

Vomik posted:

I might have an 80 shield unattuned on live that I can test copy over. Send a tell to lasombr

Thanks, I'll contact you too.

JustJeff88 posted:

I realise that this is the longest of long-shots, but I am already sick of camping this gently caress. The only bit of the enchanter 1.0 that I have not yet done that is droppable/MQable is the Spoon that drops off of Cazel in Ro/Oasis. There are several spoons in game, but this one is non-collectible, Magic, Lore, and looks like a white leaf with a stem.

Very obscure, but if anyone happens to have one of these kicking around (again, it is droppable), let me know. It has not use whatsoever apart from the Staff of the Serpent.

Did you say you got one? I know I had one on my chanter, might still be in his bank. I'll have a look if you still need (he's never gonna use it).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

jetz0r posted:

You can buy rubies from most high end JC vendors.

Oh, okay. I thought that they only sold the less expensive gems like peridots and opals and such.

blackmage posted:

Did you say you got one? I know I had one on my chanter, might still be in his bank. I'll have a look if you still need (he's never gonna use it).

Got one earlier today, but thank you. Now stuck on the Scribe camp in LGuk.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I'm now up to 300 skill in Smithing, Tailoring, JC, Baking and Brewing, and have around +25 skill from trophies. I also have 6/6 Salvage and 3/3 JC and Tailoring Mastery AAs, so hit me up if you need something crafted. I just successfully crafted two H2H RoF cultural weapons plus augs, which kick major rear end. I can also look into crafting other weapons and corresponding augs, you just have to get the mats (I estimate I'll need an average of 3 sets of mats per weapon, to cover failures), which you can find on Live server bazaars and /testcopy.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.

Medullah posted:

Is the backbone MQ'able? I have one on my bard, and he already has his epic.

Oh thank god, just killed him time number 8 today and still nothing. What is your dudes name? I should have the tentacle from fear and be ready to do it by the weekend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Oh thank god, just killed him time number 8 today and still nothing. What is your dudes name? I should have the tentacle from fear and be ready to do it by the weekend.

I dunno who or how often I'll be on, figure out a time and PM me and I should be able to make it work.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008

jetz0r posted:

TO the best of my ability, everyone who's messaged me or asked recently in the thread has gotten a care pack, at least 1m plat, and should have 14 slot bags for every inv slot. I've sent out a lot of random other things like mithril boots & gloves, velium fire opal rings, 30 purity augs, disease cure shields, and god damned random rear end poo poo. I hope you all can be good communists and share the unneeded weird poo poo with people who can actually use it. Same goes for plat, dream motes and all the other crap that you all should have enough of to stock a guild twice your size.

That's the responses I've gotten, btw. I've been doing this because I wanted to help cut down on the tedious parts of eq for you guys.

Also, if anyone wants tradeskill supplies, lemme know. A huge chunk of 200-300 skill items get deleted every time I testcopy back over. Or if you guys need any specific TS made items, I'm 330-345 in all tradeskills. Wood Elf is the only cultural I can do, except that I haven't done the quests to make symbols for anything.

For future reference, the best testcopy mules I've found are halfling wars/rogues in RV. Almost no running from spawn to bank to parcels.

If you're still doing care packs I'd love one on my zerker Remicade. Thanks :)

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.

thewhitehand posted:

Same here, for Misterboots.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Friendly PSA if you're in the main test guild from your friend, Slowdive/Thrillho:

The guild bank is plentiful and loves to have useful things added to it. Collector's items, trinkets, power sources, tokens to buy gear and augmentations, and armor. Now what may be useful to you now is different from most people find useful, but the problem is that the guild has a limited amount of slots and one of the officers has to go through and file through the garbage and approve it before it gets put in the bank. This is becoming slightly tedious as people keep putting random crap in the bank that is of highly dubious use. So here's a list of things that are nice to have in the bank:

- Glowing armor (Reis/Athlai/Othni)
- 70+ items from Secrets of Faydwer zones on up
- Tokens for buying rk II spells and other goodies (although we have a ton of dream motes already)
- Epic 1.0 parts if they're droppable

What the guild bank DOES NOT NEED:

- Defiant armor. If you have some, hang onto it and hand it out if lowbies need it. Otherwise, power through or donate it to the guild tribute master.
- Random lowbie crap. I've had to remove a bunch of garbage from old world dragon raids that nobody will use as we have no amish people in the guild.
- Tradeskill stuff (debatable) We have a few tradeskillers but its already full of the useful tradeskill stuff. Hang onto it for yourself.
- Slot 20 ornament armor. Throw it away. If someone wants it there's a billion of it already on the auction house.

Help me keep the bank nice and tidy and save me some effort in having to check every 3-4 hours to make sure it isn't a mess. As a final note, please only take stuff you're going to use in the next 2-3 levels. We have a decent amount of gear but if you're level 70, please don't take fear touched or argath pieces from others who might need it. We have some very nice people copying gear and it makes it harder on them to keep it stocked when random people who can't use the gear take it out 5 minutes after it gets put in the bank.

Thank you~

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
I have a vague suspicion that we might be duplicating effort.

Right now Kodaji and myself are working on making sure we can request all of the House of Thule tasks for group progression, since the HoT T3 and T4 zones are fantastic exp for folks. Between us, we can currently request:

Feerrott - Fall of the Tae Ew
House of Thule - Welcome to My Nightmare
Grounds - The Gardner
Library - The Stuff of Dreams
Erudin Burning - The Illuminating Truth

House of Thule upper - Redemtion

If anyone besides us is capable of requesting the HoT progression tasks, please post here with which ones. If you're active and intend to stay that way I'd really prefer to NOT spend the next week doing the rest of the pre-quests for the remaining tasks. Both of us are fully flagged from other people TA'ing us in the past, so it's kinda pointless for us to do 'em if we don't have to.

imonyourroof
May 31, 2006

Flarestar posted:

If anyone besides us is capable of requesting the HoT progression tasks, please post here with which ones. If you're active and intend to stay that way I'd really prefer to NOT spend the next week doing the rest of the pre-quests for the remaining tasks. Both of us are fully flagged from other people TA'ing us in the past, so it's kinda pointless for us to do 'em if we don't have to.

I can request:
T1/T2

T3
Fear Itself - An Offering to Thule
Al'kabor's Nightmare - Catastrophic Power
Miragul's Nightmare - Miragul's Vendetta

In game as Tristero/Mazik, i can also glitch people into T3/T4 using teleport to bind (which was still working as of last week).

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

imonyourroof posted:

I can request:
T1/T2

T3
Fear Itself - An Offering to Thule
Al'kabor's Nightmare - Catastrophic Power
Miragul's Nightmare - Miragul's Vendetta

In game as Tristero/Mazik, i can also glitch people into T3/T4 using teleport to bind (which was still working as of last week).

Wait, you're on test? lol I had no idea you'd copied over. Good to see you're still playing.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

thewhitehand posted:

If it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it on my Necro Xaftan. Thanks for being so generous!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Are there any relatively easy to follow guides for where to start with AAs? I haven't seriously played with them, the only character I really churned out AAs with was my bard, and that was directed at getting Instrument Mastery and Fading Memories.

Now I've got a few Test characters and AAs are coming in, but I really don't know where to even start with them...there are so drat many of them. Not to mention the UI is a bit harsh, having to click on each one to see what level you have to be to get them.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Medullah posted:

Are there any relatively easy to follow guides for where to start with AAs? I haven't seriously played with them, the only character I really churned out AAs with was my bard, and that was directed at getting Instrument Mastery and Fading Memories.

Now I've got a few Test characters and AAs are coming in, but I really don't know where to even start with them...there are so drat many of them. Not to mention the UI is a bit harsh, having to click on each one to see what level you have to be to get them.

Almar's guide is useful as a baseline, but not necessarily correct for each class (Class forums will have more detailed progression paths). With the xp bonus and potions available on test the order may not matter much anyways.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Medullah posted:

Get used to using the "can purchase" button. You can probably figure it out fairly easily... what classes? DPS / heal / tank? Obviously there are things like spell casting fury, mastery, crit dots, crit attack that you'll want. Cool looking class abilities, whatever. Worst case you just /resetaa

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
My Enchanter 1.0 is going remarkably well, to a point that it almost scares me, especially after I caught the Wraith of a Shissar up in Fear when the plane was almost entirely empty this morning.

The bit in the Hole I can handle myself (assuming that the nonstop exp farmers down there don't constantly kill the epic mob) as well as the Chardok run. The Hate bit is really just me versus the RNG, but I do have one small favour to ask for the Cabilis portion: I do not have a high-level Iksar and my enchanter + merc cannot solo the mob alone, so I would be much obliged if one 80+ Iksar (any class) could help me kill Vessel Drozlin sometime within the next few days. My gnome chanter worships Bertox, which has helped me in a lot of "evil" places (while rendering me KoS in Firiona Vie exile camp and probably Felwithe later as well), but even with illusions and faction spells I am not sure how I will be perceived in Cabilis. I am hoping that with a combination of illusions, Collaboration, and invisiblity that a high-level Iksar can help me ice this twit and be on my way.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

My Enchanter 1.0 is going remarkably well, to a point that it almost scares me, especially after I caught the Wraith of a Shissar up in Fear when the plane was almost entirely empty this morning.

The bit in the Hole I can handle myself (assuming that the nonstop exp farmers down there don't constantly kill the epic mob) as well as the Chardok run. The Hate bit is really just me versus the RNG, but I do have one small favour to ask for the Cabilis portion: I do not have a high-level Iksar and my enchanter + merc cannot solo the mob alone, so I would be much obliged if one 80+ Iksar (any class) could help me kill Vessel Drozlin sometime within the next few days. My gnome chanter worships Bertox, which has helped me in a lot of "evil" places (while rendering me KoS in Firiona Vie exile camp and probably Felwithe later as well), but even with illusions and faction spells I am not sure how I will be perceived in Cabilis. I am hoping that with a combination of illusions, Collaboration, and invisiblity that a high-level Iksar can help me ice this twit and be on my way.

You really don't need an Iksar to get there. Invis should get you to vessel no problem, and anyone else that goes with you to kill him. You could easily box kaverin or Bizrip down to there and smoke him.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

JustJeff88 posted:

Why do you need an iksar? Aggro reasons? Pretty certain your level 80 sk could pull the entirety of cabalis and still kill the mob. And the chance of a mob seeing invis in an old world town is very small.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Medullah posted:

Assuming you're at 70+: max Innate Run Speed, put about 5 points into Mystical Attuning if you're going to group (raise it to at least 10 post-85), and max out Planar Power. Do Combat Agility and Stability to level 3 - the first three points are the largest gain. If you're on a non-tank class that can still take random hits fairly often push those to 10-15. If you're a tank, max them and try to keep them maxed. Those are all in General.

For most classes, before you do much of anything else you want to pick up the stuff that gives aggro drops. Fading Memories, Escape, Cover Tracks, feign death abilities, that kind of thing. If you're a melee that dual wields, immediately get Ambidexterity and Sinister Strikes. Then you'll want to start putting points into base damage or base healing abilities - the stuff that boosts melee/spell crit rates, base damages, whatever your class's flurry ability is called, etc. Then Veteran's Wrath if you're melee (boosts crit damage), or Destructive Fury if you're a caster. Then start maxing out whatever your class gets that allows Strikethrough - basically bypassing defenses. This is important even for non-tanks as it negates rear defense abilities of NPCs, you'll land quite a few more hits with this than without it.

That's the basics you'll want for any given class. Beyond that it's all class specific as to what's really good and what's not. Feel free to ask in guild for class specific advice, unless you're talking about your bard, in which case just ask me because all of our other bards are scrub buffbot boxes. YEAH KODAJI, I SAID IT.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I will keep in mind what you said about Cabilis. I assumed that see-invis mobs would be scattered around, but I suppose that it is worth a try, at least. I was able to invis my Dark Elf SK to Joren Nobleheart in Felwithe easily enough when I was doing his 1.0, after all.

I briefly considered bringing my 4 80+ with a couple of J5 mercs and basically raiding the city, but I prefer the subtle, (hopefully) quicker approach.

Flarestar posted:

Do Combat Agility and Stability to level 3 - the first three points are the largest gain. If you're on a non-tank class that can still take random hits fairly often push those to 10-15.

I believe that 14 CA/CS is a good stopping point. As I understand it, diminishing returns kicks in very hard starting at 15, but tanks do indeed need to keep that maxed at all times.

Flarestar posted:

Feel free to ask in guild for class specific advice, unless you're talking about your bard, in which case just ask me because all of our other bards are scrub buffbot boxes. YEAH KODAJI, I SAID IT.

As someone who was barding before /melody and was, at one time, one of less than 10 max-level bards on his server, I resent this. HAVE AT YOU SIR!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I see no reeason why bizrip can't one-shot every original kunark era epic mob, then evac if needed. The old-world and kunark hp cap was only 32k. Velious+ and revamped mobs can be higher.

Every epic fight before CoA is completely trival for 1 85+ with a merc. Except for the ons that DT

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I believe that 14 CA/CS is a good stopping point. As I understand it, diminishing returns kicks in very hard starting at 15, but tanks do indeed need to keep that maxed at all times.

Ideally everyone wants to max it eventually. I just usually stop at 3 while I fill in the rest of the more critical stuff on people that don't ever really get hit outside of oh god we're all going to die situations, then fill it in later. If you want a hand with the Cabilis though, lemme know. I'll be happy to come stab some of those scaly pricks.

quote:

As someone who was barding before /melody and was, at one time, one of less than 10 max-level bards on his server, I resent this. HAVE AT YOU SIR!

I went win-loss-draw in the final round of Luclin's second bard BOTB at 56 against a 60 with epic and VP gear, after taking out another epic'd 60 and two 58s.

Flarestar fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 31, 2013

Tatsumaki
Dec 21, 2003
d
I recently came back to eq1 after about 8 years or so, enjoying it alot more now that i can afford to multibox and have a 65 bard/ranger/magician right now, but i went to the steppes and my tank merc was getting blown up kinda hard, does anyone have a recommendation for a change in my 3box team? Im thinking of replacing the mage or ranger with a shaman, but i dont know if slows are still really important like they were back in 2003

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Flarestar posted:

I went win-loss-draw in the final round of Luclin's second bard BOTB at 56 against a 60 with epic and VP gear, after taking out another epic'd 60 and two 58s.

I was simply making a commentary that some people actually have and do/did play bards other than travel/buffbots that are constantly on AFK auto-follow. My bard was incredibly popular around Velious partially because bards were so few and so hard to play well, not to mention the tremendous importance of *anything* that helped mana regen back then, but I would like to think that part of that was my own skill, understanding of the class, and good reputation.

Having said that, I never had, nor do I currently have, any desire or interest in PvP and would assuredly be terrible at it.

Nevertheless, beating someone higher level and especially better-equipped is pretty impressive. I remember the Brell BotB tournaments and, apart from clerics (where each cleric was given an identical tank to protect; first one to die OR have his tank die loses), it was basically a contest of who had the most uber guild and consequently best gear. Lower-level and lesser-geared contestants really stood no chance back then, by and large. Beating the 60 epic bards is especially remarkable because, back then, the Singing Short Sword probably provided a greater overall boost in performance for bards than any other 1.0 did for its respective class. This is debatable, of course, but even though the cleric and enchanter 1.0's were the most desirable for raiding, they were to a great degree convenience items, while the SSS improved numerous aspects of a bard to a huge degree. I fancy that you had to come up with some very clever strategies to beat these lads who, I imagine, relied mostly on level and equipment superiority to try and brute-force you down.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Tatsumaki posted:

I recently came back to eq1 after about 8 years or so, enjoying it alot more now that i can afford to multibox and have a 65 bard/ranger/magician right now, but i went to the steppes and my tank merc was getting blown up kinda hard, does anyone have a recommendation for a change in my 3box team? Im thinking of replacing the mage or ranger with a shaman, but i dont know if slows are still really important like they were back in 2003

Make sure you've got Requiem of Time on your bard, or just use the ranger epic for slow. Requiem of Time is our most powerful slow and has a 60 second duration - it should never really leave your lineup unless there's a non-boxed enchanter or shaman in the group. Will help a lot. With your three + mercs though you should be pretty much set, even once you get all the way to RoF content.

Steppes is also pretty miserable to level in even though it's a hot zone, IMO. At 65 I'd actually go screw around in one of the PoP zones. Halls of Honor is still pretty nice at that level from what I remember. So is PoFire, if it's not totally camped out. Once you hit 70 move over to Dragonscale Hills and do the repeatable Farm kill quests until your eyes bleed, will take you to 80 with no trouble.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I was simply making a commentary that some people actually have and do/did play bards other than travel/buffbots that are constantly on AFK auto-follow. My bard was incredibly popular around Velious partially because bards were so few and so hard to play well, not to mention the tremendous importance of *anything* that helped mana regen back then, but I would like to think that part of that was my own skill, understanding of the class, and good reputation.

Having said that, I never had, nor do I currently have, any desire or interest in PvP and would assuredly be terrible at it.

Nevertheless, beating someone higher level and especially better-equipped is pretty impressive. I remember the Brell BotB tournaments and, apart from clerics (where each cleric was given an identical tank to protect; first one to die OR have his tank die loses), it was basically a contest of who had the most uber guild and consequently best gear. Lower-level and lesser-geared contestants really stood no chance back then, by and large. Beating the 60 epic bards is especially remarkable because, back then, the Singing Short Sword probably provided a greater overall boost in performance for bards than any other 1.0 did for its respective class. This is debatable, of course, but even though the cleric and enchanter 1.0's were the most desirable for raiding, they were to a great degree convenience items, while the SSS improved numerous aspects of a bard to a huge degree. I fancy that you had to come up with some very clever strategies to beat these lads who, I imagine, relied mostly on level and equipment superiority to try and brute-force you down.

Oh hush, I'm just being silly. I mean I did actually do that, but bard PVP is like jousting for retards. I like giving Kodaji crap for his bard, mostly because he gives me crap about bards only being good as buffbots. Plus we really do have like ten bards in the Test guild that are literally that.

For what it's worth, I took them out by being a bard instead of pretending I was a warrior with haste and a damage shield. I didn't use a weapon in any of the six fights - instruments and songs only. I think I punched Pepelu once on accident in the last round.

Flarestar fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 31, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Flare's hands down the best bard I've ever met. Never listen to anyone else's advice on bards.

That said, mine's the best of the boxes :smugdog:

CA/CS bottoms out at 18 of each and become 1 point per rank. The first 3 are FAR better than 4-18 and worth buying immediately no matter what your class is. Up to 18's good for every class, but you can put them off for a while.

If you're a tank both should be maxed for level at all times or you're screwed, because content is balanced around the assumption a tank will have them maxed.

Depending on class, you'll hit 100% strikethrough BEFORE MAXING THE AAs, so google it and make sure you're not dumping points into something that can't possibly benefit you.

I think I'm outta advice now

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Flarestar posted:

Oh hush, I'm just being silly. I mean I did actually do that, but bard PVP is like jousting for retards. I like giving Kodaji crap for his bard, mostly because he gives me crap about bards only being good as buffbots. Plus we really do have like ten bards in the Test guild that are literally that.

For what it's worth, I took them out by being a bard instead of pretending I was a warrior with haste and a damage shield. I didn't use a weapon in any of the six fights - instruments and songs only. I think I punched Pepelu once on accident in the last round.

I assumed so, but we do not know each other very well, and it is hard to assume tone on the internet.

I figured that that was how it worked in the BotB. I remember hearing similar stories from other bards in bard vs. bard as well as just general, "organised" PvP that bad PvP bards tend to play like self-buffing warriors. I was once in an informal guild PvP event years ago with my bard when he was much, much younger. Our leader was a ranger (and an arse, but that is another story) and there was no way that I could stand toe-to-toe with him, but I was able to get him killed via a use of charm and mez. He got really angry, but I was just playing to the strengths of the class.

By the way, in my experience Requiem of Time is rather easily resisted, and I do not think that it can be partially successful, so I always keep the Malo song (whose name I cannot recall) up, and that helps tremendously. One nice thing about being a bard (63+ with Fading Memories) is that you rarely have to worry about generating too much hate.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I assumed so, but we do not know each other very well, and it is hard to assume tone on the internet.

I figured that that was how it worked in the BotB. I remember hearing similar stories from other bards in bard vs. bard as well as just general, "organised" PvP that bad PvP bards tend to play like self-buffing warriors. I was once in an informal guild PvP event years ago with my bard when he was much, much younger. Our leader was a ranger (and an arse, but that is another story) and there was no way that I could stand toe-to-toe with him, but I was able to get him killed via a use of charm and mez. He got really angry, but I was just playing to the strengths of the class.

By the way, in my experience Requiem of Time is rather easily resisted, and I do not think that it can be partially successful, so I always keep the Malo song (whose name I cannot recall) up, and that helps tremendously. One nice thing about being a bard (63+ with Fading Memories) is that you rarely have to worry about generating too much hate.

Dump some points into the Boastful Bellow AA. It's fairly cheap to raise despite having 30-something ranks, ends up providing the same resistance debuff as HoS does while being instacast. I actually have it macro'd right now as my pull - bellows and then immediately starts singing Requiem so they're preslowed when they hit the group.

Pre-that, I generally pulled with Harmony of Sound (Malo song), so they were always debuffed when I tried to slow. Requiem isn't actually any harder to resist than our other slows, but the recast on it is painful if it fails to land. The other single target slows are actually easier to resist due to having a snare component, or of limited use due to being PBAOE with a DoT except for Largo's Melodic Binding, and it's only a 35%.

Flarestar fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 31, 2013

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dinged lvl 100 on the old monk. :) My shaman can be lvl 100 at will, but since he's RAF'd, I keep him a level lower until I'm happy with his (already ridiculously huge) AA count.

Flarestar posted:

I've done everything T1, T2 and T3, all missions and required quests for progression. Just started working on Morell's Castle today.

Personally I recommend Fall of the Tae Ew for Lesson burning once you're geared and levelled for HoT at a decent pace. The mobs are easy, extremely compact (can pull 5 at a time if you want), and the XP is still alright even in the high 90's.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Flarestar posted:

Dump some points into the Boastful Bellow AA. It's fairly cheap to raise despite having 30-something ranks, ends up providing the same resistance debuff as HoS does while being instacast. I actually have it macro'd right now as my pull - bellows and then immediately starts singing Requiem so they're preslowed when they hit the group.

Thanks for this, had no idea BB eventually started debuffing. Finally another AA to buy on my bard :3:

I gratz'd you in chat Zliz but I think you were already AFK or gone by the time I got back :(

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Attention high level (90+) goons:

I have some odds and ends aug wise, I'm missing a boneshard of the blademaster, a caster aug and rixact's but otherwise I have very nice-ish droppable augs and some food. Send a tell to Slowdive/Thrillho when I'm on (and not afk'ing at night :ssh:) and I'll get you some things. I've already sent a few out, they're mostly for people who want AC but since I'm copying them 5 at a time every 8 hours I really don't give a poo poo what you do with them.

(Also if you have caster augs, boneshard or Rixact's, please send one of those to me as I'm missing boneshard for my bst, 92+ caster aug for my druid, and Rixact's for my lovely zerker)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I fooled around with Isboxer a little bit last night, and was able to set up some basic keys (Have my cleric as the 4th box, out of group, set up hotkeys to do basic heals on my 3 other guys, set up macro for snaring with my druid, sending pet after stuff).

Anyone have any "Must have" macro recommendations for Isboxer?

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Exodus for your druid.

Assist and attack macros - like my rogue has one to sneak, hide, assist the bard, pop Daggerswipe and then Backstab. Second one that I hit afterward that keeps him backstabbing more or less constantly as long as I remember to press it every so often.

Cleric's got one that cycles through the Contravention line, then the Intervention line, with a stun in the middle.

That kind of stuff. Basically create multi-ability macros that automate your characters as much as possible. Like with your druid, you could set something up that drops both DoT lines, waits 10 seconds, and opens up with nukes. Five lines, one command + pause or timer (can't do both on the same line) gives you a lot of options. Particularly with casters, as they don't have to worry about melee range.

Beyond that, if you get mind-numbingly bored you can do a lot of cool stuff with the ISBoxer Toolkit. I've got mine set up with a bunch of ViewFX and hotbars that basically give me full control over all three characters from one window, but all of that takes forever to get set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Medullah posted:

I fooled around with Isboxer a little bit last night, and was able to set up some basic keys (Have my cleric as the 4th box, out of group, set up hotkeys to do basic heals on my 3 other guys, set up macro for snaring with my druid, sending pet after stuff).

Anyone have any "Must have" macro recommendations for Isboxer?
Some useful ones I have made:

- All follow: Make a hotkey on each of your box chars that does:

/pause 5, /target Yourmain
/follow

Bind it to the same key on all boxes, then make an ISBoxer macro that sends that hotkey to "All w/o current".

- An "all assist main" macro. Same vein as above, the macro is just /rear end Yourmain

- All stop following: Make a hotkey that sends "a" - or whatever your turn left (or right if you want) is bound to on all your boxes. Check the checkbox on the hotkey that indicates that the hotkey is held on the boxes when you hold it. Turning just for a split second makes follow stop working, and is really nice for "parking" your boxes while you go pull or explore on your main.

- A "go nuts" hotkey that makes all your boxes enter their common DPS routine, as Flarestar also described. Basically I have a macro mapped to Shift+1 on all my boxes that begins their dps cycle, each begin with an /assist me line. My shaman dots, wizard nukes, and ranger autofires and does some nukes. I then have one key bound to broadcasting Shift+1 to all boxes. Having to only hit one key per mob, barring cooldowns, is really nice and easy.

- A hotkey that pops the epic 1.5/2.0 on all boxes. Usually doesn't hurt to fire them off all at once. You can do the same with chest clickies and such. Note: Don't bind a clickie to Alt+<something>, as that attemps to open the menu for the hotkey'd clickie and thus doesn't actually click it. Stick to Shift or Ctrl as modifiers.

- Specific hotkeys for super cooldowns on the boxes, like improved twincast, trueshot discipline, ranger group buffs, shaman puma line, you name it.

- A big macro that casts group invis, group speed buff, group lev and or whatever you like. Nice for travel.

Another tip: Use key broadcasting (click the greyed out "A <> Z" button icon in the top left overlay) to speed up accepting and turning in quests on multiple characters. Setup your UIs exactly alike so you can also use it to broadcast clicking, like all clicking Lesson at the same time, or accepting a quest reward.

Also a final note: I usually have "/g Soandso done" line at the end of my box macros, if there's room. For example my shaman's cannibalize macro:

/pause 40, /alt activate 47
/g Canni done

This makes it easy to see when the box is done casting a certain spell and is able to receive some more commands. Note that the chat is over a second delayed through its roundtrip to the server, so you can work on tweaking it to do the /g faster than the cast time of the ability/spell.