Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I think I changed my mind on this.

If someone makes a heel-face turn and then gets ran over in the parking lot by the Scooby Van, I'm all in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

McSpanky posted:

I think I changed my mind on this.

If someone makes a heel-face turn and then gets ran over in the parking lot by the Scooby Van, I'm all in.

I did it for The Rock Scrappy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I liked YJ (but I'm a sucker for anything with Wally West, I obviously motherfucking love him etc) but I'm honestly happy it is canceled. The show lost its footing on hiatus one and has been getting worse with each hiatus that followed. I feel like it has completely pulled away from its core theme and is actually drowning in subplots.

Seriously the last episode had threads from more subplots than it has sentences. Show needs to just conclude.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Are there really that many subplots on YJ, there is Nightwing's plan, Sportsmaster trying to get vengence on Black Manta, Kaldur suffering from his brain getting fried, Bluebeetle and all that stuff, and The Reach pulling a V to take over the Earth.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SlothfulCobra posted:

They never really did anything with G. Gordon Godfrey, and the Reach's big plan to take over the world is a god-damned sports drink.

Well, the sports drink thing started three episodes ago, we haven't seen what they want to do with it, nor with the Reach, since that's the season arc.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Decius posted:

Well, the sports drink thing started three episodes ago, we haven't seen what they want to do with it
That was kind of obvious, then obliquely underlined last episode. The drink pacifies the population and identifies humans with metagenes.

Also the Justice League figures this out right away but doesn't expose Lex Luthor and the Reach because

(Seriously gently caress the Justice League, GGG is right that humans should be afraid of self-appointed world police who built themselves a secret space station and now are sitting on mass marketed poison because they're afraid it will hurt their Q ratings).

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DynamicSloth posted:

(Seriously gently caress the Justice League, GGG is right that humans should be afraid of self-appointed world police who built themselves a secret space station and now are sitting on mass marketed poison because they're afraid it will hurt their Q ratings).
That bit really threw me for a loop. You have an orbital base that five years ago all your enemies were shown to know about, and you never told the civilian populace?

They could have easily written it to be "...orbital base which you can teleport from to nearly anywhere in the world", which is still ominous but not loving retarded writing. By which I mean revealing they can teleport, not the base, which you'd expect they'd have mentioned to the UN by now.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 30, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Trailer for Superman Unbound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnT__PBd6Q

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Will Superman be able to punch the bad guy???

I also notice he's stolen Hulk's clap move. And for some reason they edited that trailer to reference this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPWpEKhgfk

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
FYI, The most recent episode of Fatman on Batman is the panel for the LA premiere for The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2. The panel included Bruce Timm, Bob Goodman, Jay Oliva, Andrea Romano, Arielle Winter, and Frank Welker. Great stuff.

EDIT - And Christopher Drake! He confirmed that WB will be releasing the score!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Matt Bomer as Superman
Stana Katic as Lois Lane
John Noble as Brainiac

:allears:

Sign me the gently caress up for that. Awesome.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 1, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: With the Independence Day reference from Superman :lol:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: With the Independence Day reference from Superman :lol:

Having not read the original comic, I can only hope that it ends with Supes and Lex Luthor hacking Brainiac's mothership with a Macbook.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Finally caught up with DKR part 2 now that amazon has it for digital rent. Pretty good! Much better than the last couple animated DC offerings.

I do kind of hope that eventually we get DKSA. I think it might actually work better as a cartoon than a comic.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Finally caught up with DKR part 2 now that amazon has it for digital rent. Pretty good! Much better than the last couple animated DC offerings.

I do kind of hope that eventually we get DKSA. I think it might actually work better as a cartoon than a comic.

So you want Frank Miller's mental breakdown in animated form?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

bobkatt013 posted:

So you want Frank Miller's mental breakdown in animated form?

DKSA is a "Batman is AWESOME!" comic without the artifice of being a Super Serious Story like DKR was. It owns and I could see it working pretty well in animated form.

Is DKR Part 2 much better than Part 1? I didn't hate the first half, it didn't seem like anything that spectacular either.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Do you not want to see Frank Miller's total mental breakdown in hour and a half animated form?

But for what it's worth, I'm of the rare opinion that, obnoxious coloring aside, DKSA is a fine followup to DKR that is too easily dismissed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adam Strange posted:

Is DKR Part 2 much better than Part 1? I didn't hate the first half, it didn't seem like anything that spectacular either.

It is a lot better, yes.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

But for what it's worth, I'm of the rare opinion that, obnoxious coloring aside, DKSA is a fine followup to DKR that is too easily dismissed.

A DKSA without blinding photoshop effects is NO DKSA FOR ME

Codependent Poster posted:

It is a lot better, yes.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a look when I have time.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Adam Strange posted:

A DKSA without blinding photoshop effects is NO DKSA FOR ME
The best case scenario would be to re-appropriate footage from "Beyond The Mind's Eye" for all backgrounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnCvEdw-LVg

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 3, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Adam Strange posted:

DKSA is a "Batman is AWESOME!" comic without the artifice of being a Super Serious Story like DKR was. It owns and I could see it working pretty well in animated form.

You get to see Joker act like a maniac and kill a bunch of people. Thats what people want out of DC animated movies, right?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Animation magazine has some info on Teen titans go!.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

thelaughingman posted:

I couldn't get past "hipster millenial"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thelaughingman posted:

I liked the original series, but I gotta say, I am really digging the animation style there.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I hope someone at Warner Brothers is ashamed of themselves

Bonus: Batmongoose is voiced by Diedrich Bader

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well at least now the Amazing Spider-Ham's style has fair representation at DC... I guess...

Is this an early April Fool's thing?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Not gonna lie, CatCat makes me giggle.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The Croaker looks like something right out of Ren and Stimpy, so I can't hate that. You know what, throw in Mr. Horse as....uh, Mr. Terrific, and I'm sold completely.

VVVVV I thought that also.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 21, 2013

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You'd think they would try to make Joker a fish.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I think that looks funny as hell. Cat-Cat? Batmon(goose)? The face on the Croaker?

C'mon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Killer Croc better be a realistic drawing of a crocodile.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Pith-Possum beat them to it.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The latest episode of Young Justice showed Luthor's kids using a Father Box to boom off Warwold. Does this mean the Light's true "Partner" is Darkseid?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

We'll probably learn it is in the last episode of the show. :(

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
We've seen plenty of Darkseid in the JLU and B:B&B cartoons. I wouldn't have minded a third visit.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I've been expecting it to be Darkseid for a while now. (And I've missed the last three episodes.)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Baron Bifford posted:

The latest episode of Young Justice showed Luthor's kids using a Father Box to boom off Warwold. Does this mean the Light's true "Partner" is Darkseid?
I like that it's been so long none of us even remember the first season.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I think they changed the name of the series twice since they previewed that at Comic-Con.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

I like that it's been so long none of us even remember the first season.
That was Intergang, not the Light. Also, Father Boxes are an especially valuable piece of Fourth World technology that they do not liberally hand out.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Baron Bifford posted:

That was Intergang, not the Light. Also, Father Boxes are an especially valuable piece of Fourth World technology that they do not liberally hand out.
I guess it sounded kinda incendiary but I honestly meant I felt like it came from the first season but couldn't recall.

• Locked thread