Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrightWing posted:

You see, when a Mommy and a Daddy love each other very much, they get S rank in their support and open up a sidquest to recruit their child. The bottom-most skill is the one that gets passed down.

It's more like "When a Mommy and Daddy kind-of, sort-of appreciate the skills of each other on the battlefield they suddenly propose marriage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My friend offered me his original 3DS for $100 about 5 or 6 months ago, so I gladly took him up on the offer solely for Fire Emblem. This is most definitely a system seller for me.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Do you get anything if you save all the villagers in Paralogue 3?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I hate you guys so much. Now I need to buy a 3DS :mad:

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

I am super late to the party as I haven't really done any gaming for like six months... So it sounds like I shouldn't bother trying to get this on launch day? Everyone seems to have maxed out their preorder limits? I'm really glad that sales are exceeding expectations so much but.. . :smith:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Red Metal posted:

I only saved two and got a Seraph Robe, because gently caress those suicidal idiots, so there might be a better reward? A Seraph Robe is pretty good.

HondaCivet posted:

I am super late to the party as I haven't really done any gaming for like six months... So it sounds like I shouldn't bother trying to get this on launch day? Everyone seems to have maxed out their preorder limits? I'm really glad that sales are exceeding expectations so much but.. . :smith:

Just download it on the eShop.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HondaCivet posted:

Its gonna be on the eShop homie. :c00lbert:

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Cake Attack posted:

Just download it on the eShop.

But I like real copies dang it. They'll reprint it right away at least won't they? I haven't really witnessed any other FE launches.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Red Metal posted:

Yes.

A Sereph Robe, a Log, and... A Ladle.

(I redid the mission and let them all die).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RuBisCO posted:

Yes.

A Sereph Robe, a Log, and... A Ladle.

(I redid the mission and let them all die).

A Ladle!? :monocle: No man gets left behind!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
The very concept of reclassing gets really loving surreal when you really think about how you can have a dragon riding a pegasus.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Dual Block is a similarly nonsensical mechanic when you have, say, a peg knight swooping in front of an armor knight to block an arrow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

The very concept of reclassing gets really loving surreal awesome when you really think about how you can have a dragon riding a pegasus.

I mean I'm having a hard time thinking of a better thing.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Terper posted:

I mean I'm having a hard time thinking of a better thing.

What about how you can have dragons riding other dragons? This game is silly, is what I'm trying to say.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

What about how you can have dragons riding other dragons? This game is silly, is what I'm trying to say.

Dragons riding dragons sounds like part of the natural order :colbert:.

I feel like this thread needs an "X Posts Since Procreation Was Discussed" counter.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

You can have a dragon riding a dragon paired up with another dragon riding a dragon. Fighting a dragon (or a guy on one). Quintuple the dragons in one fight versus any other Fire Emblem!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Francis posted:

Dual Block is a similarly nonsensical mechanic when you have, say, a peg knight swooping in front of an armor knight to block an arrow.
One of the absolute best moments I had playing the demo was Frederick blocking an axe with a ladle.

Dual Block is awesome and I will hear no ill against it. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dual Block is nonsensical but I love it and you will too when Chrom saves your Avatar from being oneshot on Lunatic.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Can you reclass Chrom?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

KoB posted:

Can you reclass Chrom?

Yes. Cavalier and Archer.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
After all the talk of Best Buy selling/people buying/madness, I called my gamestop again. They must be getting tired of me, but they said that as of 1pm EST they had not gotten their shipment in yet. They're supposed to call those with a console/game bundle as soon as the shipment comes in, but I'm not sure how reliable that will be since it wont be an automated call.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Terper posted:

Yes. Cavalier and Archer.

Just going on previous games, I assume he promotes at a certain point in the story. If hes been reclassed does he just promote to his Lord-promotion?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Just going on previous games, I assume he promotes at a certain point in the story. If hes been reclassed does he just promote to his Lord-promotion?

No, he promotes the same as anyone else. There are no story promotion in this game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

No, he promotes the same as anyone else. There are no story promotion in this game.

Oh okay, thanks.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Nakar posted:

Gregor is basically Heavy Weapons Guy. It's pretty incredible.

I lost my poo poo at one of his crit shouts. I won't even spoil it.

I thought Tharja would be creepy, but her battle cries are hilarious. "Yaahhh. Haahh." :effort: She gives zero fucks about you guys and your hot bloodedness. I do believe I'll see how further support conversations go (C rank: pretty weird).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Gregor (and Laurent) is apparently voiced by George C. Cole, which I've heard is an alias for Paul St. Peter.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Any news about Best Buys selling them in the US? There is one about 1/4 of a block from the train station I get off at. Could be a nice surprise to land a copy today :)

Reive
May 21, 2009

ChiTownEddie posted:

Any news about Best Buys selling them in the US? There is one about 1/4 of a block from the train station I get off at. Could be a nice surprise to land a copy today :)

Mine still said the 4th :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Reive posted:

Mine still said the 4th :(

Ditto.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Bah. Too much to hope for hahaha.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
They just translated the Iwata asks concerning Fire Emblem Awakening that they did for the Japanese release a year ago back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Boneless Jogger posted:

They just translated the Iwata asks concerning Fire Emblem Awakening that they did for the Japanese release a year ago back.

...we're supposed to pronounce IS like the word is?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iwata Asks posted:

Maeda: One idea that came up within the team was, well, it was Mars.
Iwata: Mars?!
Maeda: Yeah. Fighting on Mars.

I think I know what FE14 is going to be, guys! :dance:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2013

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Boneless Jogger posted:

One of the footnotes says that New Mystery (i.e. FE12) was the thirteenth Fire Emblem game. Did they just miscount or is there another Fire Emblem that isn't given a number? :confused:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

One of the footnotes says that New Mystery (i.e. FE12) was the thirteenth Fire Emblem game. Did they just miscount or is there another Fire Emblem that isn't given a number? :confused:

Presumably they're counting the BS fire emblems.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

They might be counting Akaneia Saga, I guess?

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Strange Quark posted:

I think I know what FE14 is going to be, guys! :dance:

No way in hell, but at least it makes a lot more sense why IS would want to pursue a project like SMTxFE.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
They're counting the Akaneia Saga.

Dec 26, 2012

What I would give to see any of those out-there ideas taken to fruition. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any guides handy for the systems that aren't from the first GBA Fire Emblem game (or at least some of them)? Like what specific advantages do I get from pairing units, or what makes a guy sometimes block a thing when standing next to them, or what is a "Dual Attack" and stuff like that. I mostly only care about the combat systems, since it's hard to experiment when you're playing on high difficulties with permadeath.

• Locked thread