Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Flarestar posted:

Beyond that, if you get mind-numbingly bored you can do a lot of cool stuff with the ISBoxer Toolkit. I've got mine set up with a bunch of ViewFX and hotbars that basically give me full control over all three characters from one window, but all of that takes forever to get set up.

I'd be curious to see some screenshots of what that looks like. I was wondering if there was a 3rd party app to add a "menu" of sorts where you could have clickable macros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
There is, but it's not third party. The Toolkit you used to set up your windows initially lets you do all of that, it's just sort of complex to do. Once you've got keymaps and button windows set up in it, export them to Innerspace, then log in. Assuming you didn't remap the generic hotkeys, pretty Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G. That opens up the in-game ISBoxer menu. From there you can create the hotbars as an overlay object and move them wherever you want.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Flarestar posted:

There is, but it's not third party. The Toolkit you used to set up your windows initially lets you do all of that, it's just sort of complex to do. Once you've got keymaps and button windows set up in it, export them to Innerspace, then log in. Assuming you didn't remap the generic hotkeys, pretty Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G. That opens up the in-game ISBoxer menu. From there you can create the hotbars as an overlay object and move them wherever you want.

Nice, thanks. I'm actually having more fun playing around with Isboxer and trying to play multiple accounts than I am playing the game. :)

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

jetz0r posted:

TO the best of my ability, everyone who's messaged me or asked recently in the thread has gotten a care pack, at least 1m plat, and should have 14 slot bags for every inv slot. I've sent out a lot of random other things like mithril boots & gloves, velium fire opal rings, 30 purity augs, disease cure shields, and god damned random rear end poo poo. I hope you all can be good communists and share the unneeded weird poo poo with people who can actually use it. Same goes for plat, dream motes and all the other crap that you all should have enough of to stock a guild twice your size.

If you wouldn't mind sending one to Kavinsky I'd appreciate it, leveling up a character without any boxed accounts to help so anything is appreciated.

Also could someone explain how you're supposed to be test copying the XP potions? I assume it's the gift of legacies lost thing, so are you supposed to make a live character, redeem it, test copy, then delete that character and remake him with the same name, test copy, over and over?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

If you wouldn't mind sending one to Kavinsky I'd appreciate it, leveling up a character without any boxed accounts to help so anything is appreciated.

Also could someone explain how you're supposed to be test copying the XP potions? I assume it's the gift of legacies lost thing, so are you supposed to make a live character, redeem it, test copy, then delete that character and remake him with the same name, test copy, over and over?

Any Test copies done overwrite the currect character on test, so you can just copy over and over again. No deleting required.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

Hollow Hills posted:

Not exactly. What you do is make a mule on live, or pick a character you're not going to play on test. /claim all experience potions marked Heirloom. Log out and back in so your character saves, then /testcopy.

Log in on test on the copied character, put all the copied heirloom stuff in the shared bank so it's not lost next time you testcopy.. Repeat as desired.

Edit - you can also do this with a lot of other /claim items, as well as most of the stuff you can purchase in the SC store.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Flarestar posted:

Not exactly. What you do is make a mule on live, or pick a character you're not going to play on test. /claim all experience potions marked Heirloom. Log out and back in so your character saves, then /testcopy.

Log in on test on the copied character, put all the copied heirloom stuff in the shared bank so it's not lost next time you testcopy.. Repeat as desired.

Edit - you can also do this with a lot of other /claim items, as well as most of the stuff you can purchase in the SC store.

From what I've seen the only heirloom xp potions are the 3 bottles of hastened adventure on claim and nothing else. So if you already used them you lost them.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah the only XP potion I have in /claim that are heirloom is the 1 claimable Bottle of Hastened Adventure III. If I buy the full game with latest Fear expansion are there newer ones I can claim?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Hollow Hills posted:

Yeah the only XP potion I have in /claim that are heirloom is the 1 claimable Bottle of Hastened Adventure III. If I buy the full game with latest Fear expansion are there newer ones I can claim?

That claim comes with 3 and I've never seen another heirloom xp potion. You wouldn't need more than 3 anyway, considering you can copy it an unlimited # of times.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
There's some you can get as scenario rewards from Legends of Norrath that are heirloom - same potion, diff name. 50% for 30 minutes. I want to say they're from the fourth expansion?

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I got Neey the Shadow Knight as well as my bard, magician and shaman boxes up to 70.

I'm trying to get a hold of my old accounts from everquest's release. I think my highest character was a shaman around level 60. It's not great, but it'd be nice to not have to skill up one of my characters a bit.

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 7, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So is there no reason at all to buy the newest expansion along with $15 monthly if you're just playing on test? Don't mind doing either if it provides an in game benefit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hollow Hills posted:

So is there no reason at all to buy the newest expansion along with $15 monthly if you're just playing on test? Don't mind doing either if it provides an in game benefit.

Benefits of Test - All expansions, no monthly fee for gold access, all veteran rewards, XP bonus.

Downsides - Low population, and the ever looming threat of a reset.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Medullah posted:

Downsides - Low population, and the ever looming threat of a reset.

Hasn't happened in like a decade.

If anyone has any Alaran Cantrips they can copy over(91-95 rk II spell turn in things) I'd appreciate it. I've never seen them pop up in the bazaar on Test.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

Downsides -the ever looming threat of a reset.

Why do people keep trying to scare everyone off with this nonsense? Test was reset ONCE like 11 years ago. It's not going to get reset.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Stanos posted:

Attention high level (90+) goons:

I have some odds and ends aug wise, I'm missing a boneshard of the blademaster, a caster aug and rixact's but otherwise I have very nice-ish droppable augs and some food. Send a tell to Slowdive/Thrillho when I'm on (and not afk'ing at night :ssh:) and I'll get you some things. I've already sent a few out, they're mostly for people who want AC but since I'm copying them 5 at a time every 8 hours I really don't give a poo poo what you do with them.

(Also if you have caster augs, boneshard or Rixact's, please send one of those to me as I'm missing boneshard for my bst, 92+ caster aug for my druid, and Rixact's for my lovely zerker)

Sending you a boneshard of the blademaster (to Slowdive). I'll take any useful augs you got in return, please. My character's name is Beepe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RCarr posted:

Why do people keep trying to scare everyone off with this nonsense? Test was reset ONCE like 11 years ago. It's not going to get reset.

I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but Sony is within their rights to do it if they chose to.

I don't expect they would...but you never know.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but Sony is within their rights to do it if they chose to.

I don't expect they would...but you never know.

Last time that they did, they let people xfer off test. IIRC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I suppose it's possible, just highly unlikely. I wouldn't classify it as an "ever looming threat". In other words, come play on Test with us goons!.

*If Test is reset I will personally buy you each an ice cream cone*

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Sent out a few more things, I got a boneshard but I also forgot the 92+ pet focus earring. I'd also appreciate that too. :(

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
SOE isn't exactly the most generous company around. If test becomes popular enough, they will probably change things so that you can't get subscription benefits and new expansions for free on it.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Test at one point had a higher consistent population than quite a few of the live servers. They aren't going to screw with it - it's their test bed. That's why it's called test. Limiting subscription-required things only to subscribers would cripple their testing base.

Seriously, stop with the alarmist crap.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
My opinion is based on how I've seen them act in the years I've been playing. Remember that they removed the ability to buy subscriptions and expansions with station cash without warning last year because they were losing too much money through double/triple station cash sales. They temporarily added that back in after enough people complained, then got rid of it permanently.

I am just saying that it seems possible for them to change test if they think it could get them enough money. I doubt the goons in this thread would be nearly enough for them to bother though.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 1, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
jetz0r, I would appreciate a care package as well, sent out to Nylander so that I can then divy it up amongst my various characters. My enchanter is 63 now (and epic'd :mmmhmm:) and I would like to get him a fast mount.

Also, could anyone hook me up with a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows? I do not really intend to level my Iksar necro past 51, so that would be very very handy. To be honest, I am mostly building him up (probably just to 51 and get Run 3 and Metabolism 3) to do the 1.0 since I have everything for it except for the head of Sir Edwin and the Herb from Chardok. On that note, can the Herb be MQ'd? I *think* so, but I want to be sure. If it can, then I am going to send one of my 80s to camp it while I level my chanter on another box. If not, I will wait until he is 51, then have him go in paired with my druid or some such.

One final request: Does anyone have an Elabo(u)rate Defiant Silk Robe that they could send me? Only piece I am missing on my chanter, and the Intricate robe looks bloody stupid, frankly. I do not know if and when I will get him to 70, so for now the second-best defiant is the best I can do. I could also use a few Elegant Defiant Nightstones; it is one of the better droppable mid-to-high-level augs, but I never see it for sale.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BTW, if anyone wants a Manastone I copied over about 3 of them. Pretty sure they work in about 2 zones total now.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I've completed my template sets for plate and chain on the character on Live - so if anyone on Test needs a set of the HoT Level 80 armor for plate or chain classes, hit me up in this thread. Let me know the class and name to send it to.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:house_of_thule_armor_guide

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Medullah posted:

BTW, if anyone wants a Manastone I copied over about 3 of them. Pretty sure they work in about 2 zones total now.

Sad to hear that; I thought that they worked in any zone that was originally in the game when it shipped. Now, that might mean that they do not work in revamped vanilla zones like the commonlands, the Ro desert, etc. My wizard's stone did not work in Sky, but that zone was added later on per-Kunark and was not in the original release of the game.

Edit: Speaking of copies, does anyone have some really good HP/Mana food (for melee/casters respectively) that they can copy on to Test? I simply do not have enough cash on Live to buy that stuff in any quantity and copy it over, but all 4 of my 80+ have Improve Metabolism 3, so at the least I can make it last.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 2, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

all 4 of my 80+ have Improve Metabolism 3, so at the least I can make it last.

You may already know this, but you can micro your food consumption by keeping your "stat" food in the top slot, but manually cramming your face with cheap food to keep the good stuff from being consumed. My solution to the problem is "who cares about another 200 hp".

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Since we have a few high level monks, tell me about swarming without using whirlwind that some monks seem to do.

Mend is at 2 mins (cant level it more yet)
Leveling staffblock atm
Got all the riposte AA's etc.

I heard you just pop immpenetrable and some DPS abilities like Zan Fi and staffblock blocks a lot of damage while mobs die on ripostes. I know you cant do huge packs but good for 10 mobs at a time once stone stance is up.

Also im level 85 so whats a good level for this? CA/CS is maxed for my level at rank 33.

Also what disc's dont stack and whats a good combo of discs to use? Heard IF/speed is a good one.

Is calanins supposed to put phantom app line on cool down? Seems werid that

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What is a good zone(s) for this at 85-90 anyway

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
Devor, I could use a set of spiritskin, sans breastplate, and Darktouch legs and helm. What server are you transferring them from? If its Firona Vie I'd like to help defray some costs. I play Navant (sk) and Numrume (shm).

I'm almost 79 now, and I'm hoping to be 80 by the end of the weekend. Is there a better place to exp than Direwind for a sk/shm duo?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Devor posted:

You may already know this, but you can micro your food consumption by keeping your "stat" food in the top slot, but manually cramming your face with cheap food to keep the good stuff from being consumed. My solution to the problem is "who cares about another 200 hp".

What about 150+ AC? :v:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107887

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106615

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

VenimeuxHaine posted:

Devor, I could use a set of spiritskin, sans breastplate, and Darktouch legs and helm. What server are you transferring them from? If its Firona Vie I'd like to help defray some costs. I play Navant (sk) and Numrume (shm).

I'm almost 79 now, and I'm hoping to be 80 by the end of the weekend. Is there a better place to exp than Direwind for a sk/shm duo?

Shaman gear is in the mail, I'll get the SK stuff tomorrow. I sent you the full shaman set since I read too quickly, you can do whatever with the breastplate. Or send it back and I'll throw it on a bazaar alt for cheap.

My live alt is on FV - if you have some cash you want to donate towards the purchase of the Silk and Leather template sets, that would be appreciated. My funds are a little low, so I'm keeping an eye out for deals on them right now. You can send it to Devorremnant, just let me know to go look for it. But certainly don't feel obligated, this is just a public service.

Ugh, goddammit. I'm going to pretend I never saw that so I don't have to start testcopying that crap over.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Devor, I've got a 77 Shaman (Xafty) who could eventually use a chain set if it's not too much trouble. I appreciate the offer, EQ goons have been crazy generous.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I had ignored stat food from the last few expansions, deeming it not worth the effort. Those Donuts changed my mind real fast.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008

Devor posted:

I've completed my template sets for plate and chain on the character on Live - so if anyone on Test needs a set of the HoT Level 80 armor for plate or chain classes, hit me up in this thread. Let me know the class and name to send it to.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:house_of_thule_armor_guide

Hey Devor I could use a set of chain for zerkers, I'll be on Remicade or Mordekaiser. Thanks man

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Now that my bard/monk/mage trio is getting higher (72) I'm starting to worry I'm wasting my easy AA points on some not-as-useful AAs. I know the monk the best so those aren't too much of an issue, but the bard and mage are a little trickier. I haven't put anything into melee damage or spell damage for the bard yet and I'm wondering if either (or both) are good, especially as a bardbot since I don't really use DoT/DD songs.

Same with mage, which are even more difficulty to pinpoint. I mainly use it to throw nukes and my pet at things and I have gone as far into crit spells as possible, but some of the activated abilities like temporary pet summons seem a little dubious.

Basically I'm wondering if I can just buy what looks fun (aside from clearly useful AAs like damage mitigation ones) and not have wasted points.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Don't forget on test you can reset your AAs and spend them again if you change your mind.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005

acumen posted:

Now that my bard/monk/mage trio is getting higher (72) I'm starting to worry I'm wasting my easy AA points on some not-as-useful AAs. I know the monk the best so those aren't too much of an issue, but the bard and mage are a little trickier. I haven't put anything into melee damage or spell damage for the bard yet and I'm wondering if either (or both) are good, especially as a bardbot since I don't really use DoT/DD songs.

Same with mage, which are even more difficulty to pinpoint. I mainly use it to throw nukes and my pet at things and I have gone as far into crit spells as possible, but some of the activated abilities like temporary pet summons seem a little dubious.

Basically I'm wondering if I can just buy what looks fun (aside from clearly useful AAs like damage mitigation ones) and not have wasted points.

Critical affliction for crit dots is pretty far down the list - running a box team, the times when you'll actually want to be doing heavy dot damage are pretty few and far between. Direct spell damage/crit for the bard won't be a thing until the late 80s when you start getting combat proc songs that do decent damage. Specifically, Noira's Song of Suffering at 88. Up until then it's you'll usually get better return from other AAs. Ditto with weapon affinity and twinproc.

Melee damage stuff is another matter entirely. Once you've got Instrument Mastery and Singing Mastery at max, check the list I posted a page or two back. Or just start raising anything that boosts melee crit, crit damage, triple/double attack caps, plus ambidex and sinister strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012

Flarestar posted:

Once you hit 70 move over to Dragonscale Hills and do the repeatable Farm kill quests until your eyes bleed, will take you to 80 with no trouble.

Are you referring to the tasks given out by Fenden Helter? Are there some that are better than others?

Navrant 78 sk