Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace McSpiff
Dec 7, 2010
I swear I am going loving insane trying to recognize this song. It goes F# E F# E F# E D E D E D

(you can use this site to know what I mean: http://www.play-piano.org/play_online_piano_piano.html)

I might have heard it on the radio or a podcast or something, but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Could anyone help me out?

EDIT: of course that's not the entire song, but it's the only part I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liebfraumilch
Aug 17, 2008
Hopped on my piano just to be sure my brain was working this early and still no recognition as-is. Any chance you could tell more about what it was like? A jingle? A riff in a proper song? Playful? Bold? Mellifluous?

I would love to be able to help on just one of these after tragically missing out on my One Time To Shine over on Small/Stupid Questions Thread when someone needed Santo & Johnny's "Sleepwalk" identified and I had decided to not check the thread for a few days. Desperate for redemption.
:smith:

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Grace McSpiff posted:

I swear I am going loving insane trying to recognize this song. It goes F# E F# E F# E D E D E D

(you can use this site to know what I mean: http://www.play-piano.org/play_online_piano_piano.html)

I might have heard it on the radio or a podcast or something, but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Could anyone help me out?

EDIT: of course that's not the entire song, but it's the only part I remember.

This may be really completely unhelpful, but it reminds me of part of the harmony from the Flower Duet from Delibes' Lakme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
this is a real shot in the dark, but can anyone identify this track, its from a mixtape I got in 1993 and I've spent 20 years trying to figure out who the gently caress it is.
The lyrics are from Grantchester Meadows by Pink Floyd
People who don't like early 90s breakbeat shouldn't bother clicking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn7shBwSUrM

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

echomadman posted:

this is a real shot in the dark, but can anyone identify this track, its from a mixtape I got in 1993 and I've spent 20 years trying to figure out who the gently caress it is.
The lyrics are from Grantchester Meadows by Pink Floyd
People who don't like early 90s breakbeat shouldn't bother clicking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn7shBwSUrM

While I'm afraid to say I don't know (though on saying that the actual beat itself sans vocal is making my brain itch), but if no-one else here has any luck you should try the Back To The Oldskool forums if you haven't already. They even have a tune id forum and are pretty good on this kinda stuff.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been hearing this song a few times in the local ice rink, but it only plays such a short while that I can't recognize it. This is sort of a modern rock style song which has weird sound effects that sound like cd skip errors mixed in. The lyrics are quite generic and I haven't heard them clearly enough to google, but it goes something like

- I don't wanna know, I wanna go, I wanna see
- I don't wanna ----

I know it's not much but they only play this part in the games. If I can't find it I'll have to ask the DJ next time.

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008
What is this fake MBV song, really?

https://soundcloud.com/mbv_kevin/wonder-2-from-the-new-mbv-lp

Warning: features loud vacuum cleaner added 15 seconds in.

alcoholiday fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 3, 2013

Xile
Nov 25, 2005

On the Seventh Day he made the Whopper.
This is a long shot. I've spent some time trying to Google this but haven't been able to find it..

I'm looking for a Spanish cover of danzig's 'mother'. Has anyone ever run into that version?

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Xile posted:

This is a long shot. I've spent some time trying to Google this but haven't been able to find it..

I'm looking for a Spanish cover of danzig's 'mother'. Has anyone ever run into that version?

Might you be referring to this?

I haven't been able to find too much information on it, but it is certainly "Madre".

(I just googled 'danzig madre' or something like that - I figured the title would be translated)

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

alcoholiday posted:

What is this fake MBV song, really?

https://soundcloud.com/mbv_kevin/wonder-2-from-the-new-mbv-lp

Warning: features loud vacuum cleaner added 15 seconds in.

That vacuum cleaner really gives the song a nice effect..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wtQgboP70

Much better!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alright this might be really vague but all I remember is the music video.

It's a techno...ish song with vocals by a bald male, he is walking in an empty street then he picks up a blond who he goes to a motel with and sleeps with.
I remember nothing of the lyrics but thats the video.

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes
Alright, so, I saw this video of some local weather channel coverage posted on tumblr, and the music is really chill and great and I want it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tW_hChZWnA&t=30s

I found out that the weather channel posts their monthly music playlists on their site, but mysteriously the entire month of November 2012 is missing. So, uh... kind of a longshot but if anyone knows the name of this fairly generic easy listening song that'd be great.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That is so ridiculously 1989 it's amazing.

Pogobubba
Jan 3, 2010
There is something very very familiar about that tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8
???

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!
I remember a music video from the late '90s or early 2000s where a middle aged man is breakdancing on a street corner while people are watching. Somebody asks who this guy is and another person in the crowd explains (via subtitles) that he used to dance here until his heart was broken by a woman. Now he dances at the same street corner every day, some say he dances to bring her back, some say he dances to forget her. Does this ring any bells?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Dirty Vegas - Days Go By.

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!
Awesome, thanks!

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors
I saw this at a video bar last night, and I kind of like the song, but they never showed a chyron for it. I've spent all day trying to look for it but can't really come up with the right search terms. I can remember the video most clearly:

It takes place in a big empty room with a little stage in the middle, big enough for the male singer (who was wearing some off-grey/bluish suit) to stand on with a mic. Around him there are all these dancers in dark grey/black clothes and a bunch of mirrors. Like a whole mess of them, easily dozens at some point. It felt pretty contemporary but could have been any time in the last 5 years I think.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I'm trying to figure out what song is being played for this new Fringe promo on the Science Channel.

Apparently someone else wants to know to since they made a youtube of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4km2zeIkI4

Thanks

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!
I'm trying to remember a certain album I listened to a lot, all I can really remember or describe is the first track.

The album is electronic music, predominantly house I am guessing. It probably came out around 2003-2004. The first track started with an obviously live recording of a guy. I believe it starts with him talking to a small crowd, I'm guessing in a bar or something.

Anyway, he starts playing (accompanied by a piano perhaps? Not sure on this) and singing, a lot of falsetto, and singing about "Flowers". He said flowers a lot in his song.

At the end, he hits a high note and holds it, and then a house beat fades in right before the first track ends and is meant to be gapless to the next track.

I know this is very little to go by, but this song pops into my head about once a year and I can never find or remember what it was.

Thanks!

Treytor fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 10, 2013

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Cameron posted:

I'm having trouble remembering the name this song, I only remember the music video.

It's French House music, and basically, the video is set in Tokyo and follows around this motorcycle delivery driver who never takes his helmet off (very cool and Daft Punk-esque) and he intentionally switches the packages that he is taking to a gangsters and a little girl, so that the girl gets a ton of money and the gangsters get a little doll. Basically most of the video is him driving around looking cool in Tokyo. Sound familiar?

I'm not even the guy who posted this and I want to know if anyone ever found out what this was. It sounds great.

Pieholes
Sep 18, 2010

I'm looking for this song, I only remember the music video. A band with a woman and a man singing are performing in some sort of a church? And if I remember correctly the lyrics were about happiness or something. It's not a religious song though, more of a pop/hipster-ish thing. And the video looked kind of 80's but the song is pretty new.

Pieholes fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 11, 2013

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
The song I'm looking for, I'm pretty sure Future sings it. He speaks with an upward inflection over the chorus and it's something like "bank account enoRMOUS, yeah my girl is gorGEOUS, all my cars imPORTED, woke up on a forTUNE, now I got endoRSEMENTS, etc." but I can't remember the name of it and couldn't find it on rap genius.

Wyatt
Jul 7, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Down Right Fierce posted:

The song I'm looking for, I'm pretty sure Future sings it. He speaks with an upward inflection over the chorus and it's something like "bank account enoRMOUS, yeah my girl is gorGEOUS, all my cars imPORTED, woke up on a forTUNE, now I got endoRSEMENTS, etc." but I can't remember the name of it and couldn't find it on rap genius.

It is Future. It's called "My" and it's on Pluto 3D.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011

Wyatt posted:

It is Future. It's called "My" and it's on Pluto 3D.

Danke. Karate Chop and Buggati can only get me so far into my day.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
gah there is a song on the tip of my tongue and it's annoying the gently caress out of me

It popped up on some random Spotify playlist I had synced on my phone but for whatever reason it's disappeared from the homemade playlist i added it to. It was on some "hipster" playlist that, after perusing numerous playlists i have synced on Spotify, I can't seem to find anymore. It was an indie electronic synth pop song, the artist had a "and" in the middle, I think, and the artwork for the song was a red background with a male and female on the front, yellow writing. There song's coda, a slowed down lullaby sounding outro, had someone singing something along the lines of "Didn't mean to.....(something something something)" and "it's all ok".

it's driving me insane, i really cannot remember for the life of me how I found this loving track. Going to continue combing through Spotify.

okiedokie
Feb 23, 2004

a whale of a heart
The electronic song that starts at around 1:21 here: http://youtu.be/-2q6Nxw39uY?t=1m20s

tentril
May 9, 2012

okiedokie posted:

The electronic song that starts at around 1:21 here: http://youtu.be/-2q6Nxw39uY?t=1m20s

Marshmallow Bazooka by Fuzz

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

There was some kind of cheeseball 90s rock song that just popped into my head that all I can remember is one part of the chorus. The lyrics went something like:

"Think I'm stuuuupiiiiiiiiidddddddd"
"I say aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee, and I can't help it"

I tried googling various permutations of those lyrics and got nothing. Anyone remember this tune?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

crazyfish posted:

There was some kind of cheeseball 90s rock song that just popped into my head that all I can remember is one part of the chorus. The lyrics went something like:

"Think I'm stuuuupiiiiiiiiidddddddd"
"I say aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee aahh deee, and I can't help it"

I tried googling various permutations of those lyrics and got nothing. Anyone remember this tune?

Dude or chick singing?

Maybe something by Garbage?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Sounds more like something by Smash Mouth or Puddle of Mudd or something

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I heard a song a while ago and I forgot to write down any of the information. I remember it some metal band and the name of the band started with Pro. I thought it was Proteus, but I can't find anything. The only other thing I can remember was that as soon as I found the song I wondered why I hadn't been listening to them before (They've been around a while).

:edit: Point me to the band and I can find the song

Travic fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 16, 2013

tentril
May 9, 2012

Travic posted:

I heard a song a while ago and I forgot to write down any of the information. I remember it some metal band and the name of the band started with Pro. I thought it was Proteus, but I can't find anything. The only other thing I can remember was that as soon as I found the song I wondered why I hadn't been listening to them before (They've been around a while).

Protest the Hero?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Travic posted:

Probot >_<

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No, because this is the internet, we can't have anyone listening to non-nerd-specific music, god forbid, so it's gotta be the Protomen.

Okay, bile over with.

Procol Harum? Prong? Propagandhi? Propellerheads? Prozzak?

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Right, if any of you can help me with this I will be the happiest man alive. There's a uk TV show called "How TV Ruined Your Life" and I want to identify the sweeping orchestral piece used at the very beginning of the show in the opening montage and title sequence

For reference, this is the show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqpDw43ccg and I have been going out of my skull trying to find it. It sounds like Phillip Glass or something but I haven't been able to track it down. It starts at 0.00 and finishes at 1.03. Thanks in advance.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I knew that that was a Charlie Brooker show, though I'd never seen it, and I know he's a big fan of Grandaddy, and has used their stuff for themes before, but it doesn't sound familiar.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

frytechnician posted:

For reference, this is the show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqpDw43ccg and I have been going out of my skull trying to find it. It sounds like Phillip Glass or something but I haven't been able to track it down. It starts at 0.00 and finishes at 1.03. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure that piece was in Hannibal (or maybe Silence of the Lambs). If it is Hannibal, then Hanz Zimmer would be the composer.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

XCPuff posted:

Dude or chick singing?

Maybe something by Garbage?

Dude, so definitely not Garbage.

baka kaba posted:

Sounds more like something by Smash Mouth or Puddle of Mudd or something

Closer to Smash Mouth than Puddle of Mudd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Allen Wren posted:

No, because this is the internet, we can't have anyone listening to non-nerd-specific music, god forbid, so it's gotta be the Protomen.

Okay, bile over with.

Procol Harum? Prong? Propagandhi? Propellerheads? Prozzak?

Ras Het posted:

Probot >_<

tentril posted:

Protest the Hero?

Sorry it isn't any of these. :( Is there another band named Proteus?