Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Mine's about a 3rd done too, though I'm mooching off my rather-valiant-tonight campus internet, it's like 12 bulbs a second whatever that is. I think it'll be done by 10ish PST. I'm so terribly excited right now how will I sleep :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
My downloads already at like 50%. I'm surprised at how smoothly this is going. I half-expected Nintendo's servers to melt from the deluge of purchases.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm about halfway and it looks like I'm going to kiss sleeping goodbye.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh god I'm being rational and not downloading it because money is tight and the preorder will come and I need to sleep tonight :negative:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I don't know why any of y'all are bothering to download tonight. The DL speed is bound to be so low that there's no way in hell it'll be done by the time I have to go to bed.

(I have a physical preorder as well, but even then I probably would have waited until tomorrow morning or something.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I don't know why any of y'all are bothering to download tonight. The DL speed is bound to be so low that there's no way in hell it'll be done by the time I have to go to bed.

(I have a physical preorder as well, but even then I probably would have waited until tomorrow morning or something.)
Plenty of people have already said they're nearly halfway done or 1/3rd done or something.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I cancelled my physical order due to the weird shipping delays and my download is almost done. Seems like a win/win to me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mine's almost done already, I started a couple minutes after midnight. Can't wait!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My download is almost finished and i've got mediocre internet service. The problem is, i'm trying to finish Xenoblade but the thread is hyping this game up so much ughhhhh.

Obscure Reference
Jun 21, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Well, for those of us on the west coast it's not going too bad. The download is even pretty speedy for a Nintendo release that's 1.5GB.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, I'm finished with my download after about 27 minutes, so at least the Eshop isn't completely crashing and burning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I called my Gamestop and they said they were getting it on the 4th as planned. Surely they'll have it when I go there in the morning, so I won't dl it off the e-shop.

If they actually don't have it I will be very angry as I download it off the E-Shop.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I'm constantly getting one or two bulbs and sometimes this little orange man runs into my box???? I think he is stealing the download but I can't tell. Why is this so abstracted?

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Because I just came back to school today and their super amazing internet has got me 75% of the download already and I also have a deathwish upon myself because my first class tomorrow is at 8:40am. :shepface:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Because it isn't slow? At all? I started the download like a half hour ago and it's 3/4 done. Unless you have to sleep right freaking now, it's not a problem.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I changed my 3DS's DNS and now I'm getting 600-800 KB/s :dance:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I've got work off for a few days, the download's 1/3 done and I need something to hold me over until MGR comes out, so I'm playing this thing tonight and going in hard, man. Also, I don't want to try and press my luck with finding a physical copy tomorrow.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
And we're done downloading.
Looks like it'll be an interesting day at work tomorrow with what little sleep I'm getting. :morning:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Because it isn't slow? At all? I started the download like a half hour ago and it's 3/4 done. Unless you have to sleep right freaking now, it's not a problem.
Huh, good on Nintendo then, that's not the result I would have expected. I retract my statement.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Huh, good on Nintendo then, that's not the result I would have expected. I retract my statement.

I'm as surprised as you! It just happened to work out well. My physical order was through Amazon and even with Prime shipping the earliest I'd get it is Wednesday. This beats it by a mile, for my money anyway.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
And, of course, maximus cards wants to send me a loving postcard to verify my address before they sell me any US estore codes :suicide:

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Ha, fireemblem.txt, the axeman on the first mission gets a 9% crit and kills my Avatar.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

People expect the eshop to be slow every time a big game like this is released, but it hasn't been once. I think Nintendo's really got that part of things working well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

cheetah7071 posted:

I really wish the 3DS had a download progress indicator that showed an actual number.

If you do a sleep mode download via "Download Later" (or whatever) you'll be able to see a proper percentage on the main menu.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Download complete! Let the resets begin! :unsmigghh:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Download complete! Let the resets begin! :unsmigghh:

Woop! Me too. Time to fulfill my obsession. It was nice knowing you guys!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Holy poo poo what is this "Pair Up" business. :stare:

Edit: Do they both get XP? No they do not.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 4, 2013

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Flame112 posted:

Merge two units to make one super unit.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Flame112 posted:

Edit: Do they both get XP?

Only if they Dual Strike.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Flame112 posted:

The best thing about this game.

My army practices the buddy system. Nobody goes out on their own without a partner. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

Ha, fireemblem.txt, the axeman on the first mission gets a 9% crit and kills my Avatar.

XOX
-X-
Put your units like that, making sure the enemy attacks the O. This reduces the enemy's critical chance by 10, so the boss would have 0% chance to crit you. :eng101:

Anyway, I'm backing off out of this thread now. Been fun, but I can't risk spoiling myself any more.

Godspeed, amerigoons. Make Nintendo some money now. :911:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Kaubocks posted:

The best thing about this game.

My army practices the buddy system. Nobody goes out on their own without a partner. :colbert:

Except missions where you can only field an odd number of units. Then you have a designated sad sack :smith:.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Chrom died to a 2% crit in the first chapter after the Avatar gets a perfect level. :bravo:

E: drat auto correct

Nages fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2013

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
On a lark I checked the game store's website I preordered the game from and apparently they pushed the release back until the 15th :negative:
So now I wonder if I should wait until tomorrow to see if I can cancel my preorder and get my 10 bucks refunded or if I should just eat that amount and just purchase the thing through the eShop right now.

EDIT: Just remembered I don't have any SD cards around here anyway so I gotta wait for tomorrow one way or another :saddowns:

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 4, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
:stare: Well, that's certainly a big thing they left out of the demo.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Tae posted:

:stare: Well, that's certainly a big thing they left out of the demo.

Right? This poo poo is crazy. Also Sully is awesome.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Nages posted:

Chrom died to a 2% crit in the first chapter after the Avatar gets a perfect level. :bravo:

E: drat auto correct

Those Thunder-toting mages are total assholes.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Hell yeah, chapter 11, 5% critical hit when it reallllllllllly counted that was awesome Gaius I love you :allears:

A little sugar in your tank indeed.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

First level with Chrom: HP, Str, Luck, Res. OK, that's OK I guess.
First level with +Skill/-Res Avatar: HP, Skill, Speed, Res. I can take that.
First level with Lissa: HP, Str, Mag, Skill, Spd, Lck, Res. Oh, yes, yes I see how this game is going to go :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok now that you normals got the game, I have to say watch out for Sumia, she is cursed for levels or something. Me and 2 of my friends are all 20 or more hours in and none of us have a Sumia that has more than 13 str or 10 mag.

Also everyone use Sully, shes the best.

• Locked thread