Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I have the flu or something, so I stayed home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!
Good times yesterday. Thanks for hosting, Hillridge :cheers:

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

SwashedBuckles posted:

Good times yesterday. Thanks for hosting, Hillridge :cheers:

Agreed! Another thanks for hosting, that's quite the kick rear end workshop you guys have going on over there

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Wish I coulda gone but was welding all day instead. Did anyone take pics?

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Slow is Fast posted:

Wish I coulda gone but was welding all day instead. Did anyone take pics?

I got there sort of late, but I didn't see any one taking pics while I was there. There weren't really any "HOLY poo poo LEMME GET THE CAMERA OUT" type of moments that I saw, although there was a bit of after dark hooning a kludged together go-kart, and some attempted repairs on my door hinges. That is, until we actually looked up the job online and found poo poo like "never doing this job again" and "IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO FIX TWO DOORS RAARRGGGH" type posts on various forums, after which we pretty much concluded "welp, gently caress that" and slapped it all back together. I may attempt it again in the spring.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Black88GTA posted:

I got there sort of late, but I didn't see any one taking pics while I was there. There weren't really any "HOLY poo poo LEMME GET THE CAMERA OUT" type of moments that I saw, although there was a bit of after dark hooning a kludged together go-kart, and some attempted repairs on my door hinges. That is, until we actually looked up the job online and found poo poo like "never doing this job again" and "IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS TO FIX TWO DOORS RAARRGGGH" type posts on various forums, after which we pretty much concluded "welp, gently caress that" and slapped it all back together. I may attempt it again in the spring.

Someone remember to bring a dremel or angle grinder to the next meet. We'll show the General how it's done.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Either a dremel or a small die grinder with a carbide burr on it...

It was nice seeing everyone again. Hillridge, I wish your shop was as close to me as it is to you... Let me reiterate: The Cape sucks.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7LPdM5av8

~42 seconds in is where the drive sprocket sheared/lost all but one of the bolts. My clothing is still soaked from that ride.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hillridge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7LPdM5av8

~42 seconds in is where the drive sprocket sheared/lost all but one of the bolts. My clothing is still soaked from that ride.

Two threads wasn't enough :science:

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!

SwashedBuckles posted:

Two threads wasn't enough :science:

No this was what happened before I "fixed" the sprocket.

Those bolts are still holding strong after much hooning last night. I'm slowly improving it by breaking the weak links.

Last night's repairs included:
    Reattaching saggy bits of underglow
    Getting the electrics (underglow, tail lights, headlight made out of a Solo cup bottom and a bulb) working again.
    Bolting the engine back on after one of the two bolts holding it fell out and the other was loose (lock washers this time!).
    Re-linking the chain after the twisted engine broke it.
    Welding the support the gas tank is taped to back on after it fell off.

I should probably look into putting an air filter on it soon.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Hillridge posted:

air filter

How about bolting the seat on?

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!

sharkytm posted:

How about bolting the seat on?

Nah, that's actually a feature. I put the seat under it to keep it from falling over the whole way when I tip it up onto one side.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Looking at a YJ after work. I fully expect comical rust/ abuse pics to follow.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ozmiander posted:

Looking at a YJ after work. I fully expect comical rust/ abuse pics to follow.

My favourite jeep game is the screw driver stab game

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Slow is Fast posted:

My favourite jeep game is the screw driver stab game

That jeep would win every time. The rust just falls away before you make contact.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
My Protege is starting to be pretty good at that game too. Luckily, Fiberglass is still easy. I might have to invest in another 3 or 4 lbs of it for the spring.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Tomorrow from 8am to whenever PM a bunch of ugly loving goons are going to be hanging out/racing at new england dragway doing a rallycross.

Come hang out and ride along, as long as you aren't too weird.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Slow is Fast posted:

Tomorrow from 8am to whenever PM a bunch of ugly loving goons are going to be hanging out/racing at new england dragway doing a rallycross.

Come hang out and ride along, as long as you aren't too weird.

Someday...

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I'm too far away and probably too weird. I wish they'd have poo poo like that out here. Or maybe they do, and I'm just not cool enough to know about it :saddowns:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm headed there in about 2 hours. I'll post some pictures afterwards.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Black88GTA posted:

I'm too far away and probably too weird. I wish they'd have poo poo like that out here. Or maybe they do, and I'm just not cool enough to know about it :saddowns:

Nah man, you aren't too weird. I was all :ohdear: about meeting goons up at Hillridge's place but you guys were all normal dudes who happen to like cars and internet comedy forums.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Some pictures from today.

Goon freezing

Slow is Fast's car

ChrisGT's car

Sif cursing his bald tires

ChrisGT being smug as he had better times even though he broke a rear CV joint in the morning.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Well I only lost the pin that holds the 4wd linkage to the transmission (zipties ftw) and blew up a rear CV axle. Ran almost the whole day in FWD. I didn't come dead last, and my car drove home. I call that a success!

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
(Un)fortunately I had an opportunity to do some work/piloting with a UAV in Manchester today this morning that I couldn't pass up so I could not get over to check it out. Looks like you guys had fun. My car doesn't have anything hilarious emblazoned on it with masking tape anyway.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
So because i am an idiot i sold my massively-over-my-head CJ6 project and went out and bought a nice used YJ. With a knocking 2.5.

After getting it home i decide to take the battery out to throw it on the charger, since it was a little hard to start.

I am the king of bad decisions.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Ozmiander posted:

So because i am an idiot i sold my massively-over-my-head CJ6 project and went out and bought a nice used YJ. With a knocking 2.5.

After getting it home i decide to take the battery out to throw it on the charger, since it was a little hard to start.

I am the king of bad decisions.

YAY now Sandbagger can have a friend. :glomp:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm waiting for Ace to dub it Assgrabber.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
replacement 2.5, or 4.3 vortec / 3.9 high output swap? :getin:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Pictures from this weeks shenanigans.

Chris and I getting teched

Rallycross is the funnest poo poo ever.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Ozmiander posted:

I'm waiting for Ace to dub it Assgrabber.

QuadKnocker

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Billy Tully posted:

Rallycross is the funnest poo poo ever.

The photographer caught a sequence of me doing a fairly good corner.

It's fun as poo poo, even though I did blow a rear axle. Hah, all part of the game.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

kastein posted:

replacement 2.5, or 4.3 vortec / 3.9 high output swap? :getin:

I think the only correct answer is 2.1L Renault Diesel swap.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
So after work and before the wife and kid got home, i dealt with the YJ...

The battery eventually came out in it's own special Jeep way:

So then i pulled all of these out of the back. None of which were attached to the body in any way:

Which left me with this horrible mess which makes me believe the PO dropped out on the first day of his EE degree:

But it's ok, because it was otherwise tastefully modded:

But i took the covers off because with them i kept missing the seat and ended up sitting on the center console :(

Bonus sweetass aluminium rad and thermostatically controlled electric fan!

And the most manly CAI ever:

So who wants to buy a bitchin' stereo?

FAKE EDIT: BONUS KNOCK KNOCK JOKE VIDEO FROM LAST NIGHT! http://youtu.be/uwtz27V7cIg

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:siren: DISCUSSION FOR NEAI NUMERO TRES : SPERGPOCALYPSE LATER I HAVE TO COUNT MY KEYS AGAIN :siren:

We had previously discussed March. March is almost upon us. Commence discussion about days in March. To save you time, We have Saturdays the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

ACEofsnett posted:

:siren: DISCUSSION FOR NEAI NUMERO TRES : SPERGPOCALYPSE LATER I HAVE TO COUNT MY KEYS AGAIN :siren:

We had previously discussed March. March is almost upon us. Commence discussion about days in March. To save you time, We have Saturdays the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.

First weekend is national guard time as usual. Later the better for me to request time off.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

March 9th is the Rallycross in Epping. All the cool kids are gonna be at that instead.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Slow is Fast posted:

March 9th is the Rallycross in Epping. All the cool kids are gonna be at that instead.

Yep, cool kid weekend time at rallyX. I don't feel like driving a broken GL from Epping to Southbridge, but it would be amusing.
I don't think I can do the 23rd.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have every intention of making the Rallyx, assuming I don't drop any more Circlips into my engine block during my rebuild.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

daslog posted:

I have every intention of making the Rallyx, assuming I don't drop any more Circlips into my engine block during my rebuild.

Raises compression (momentarily).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
They gave me Extra Circlips. It's a good thing because one went flying across the room!

• Locked thread