Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I could have sworn she mentioned it while she was talking about her session, before Meenah interrupted her with her truncated version. I'd check it right now, but I'm on my tablet, and it's too cumbersome to find the exact page I'd be looking for here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
The thirteenth non-player is one of the canon fantrolls.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Plom Bar posted:

I could have sworn she mentioned it while she was talking about her session, before Meenah interrupted her with her truncated version. I'd check it right now, but I'm on my tablet, and it's too cumbersome to find the exact page I'd be looking for here.

Nothing of the kind in that bit. You probably really are thinking of

quote:

AG: Our race still teeters on extinction. The mem8ers of your party, and one noteworthy fugitive, are the sole survivors.

which can only refer to the Condesce.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Nothing of the kind in that bit. You probably really are thinking of

which can only refer to the Condesce.

drat. I was genuinely looking forward to the Holy Pentad of Jacks.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Having four jacks just brings MSPA closer to its JRPG inspiration as four sounds like death in japanese so whenever they want to do anything really really scary the have four of it. Hussie clearly intended this all along as part of his brilliant plan.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Having four jacks just brings MSPA closer to its JRPG inspiration as four sounds like death in japanese so whenever they want to do anything really really scary the have four of it. Hussie clearly intended this all along as part of his brilliant plan.
There are a ton of fours in MSPA anyway: four Kids, four Alpha Kids, 3x4 Trolls, 4/13 and so on and so fourth. It's arguably a link with both the Japanese death symbolism and the Western symbolism of four being a number linked with nature, creation and balance (four elements, four seasons, etc.)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Paul.Power posted:

There are a ton of fours in MSPA anyway: four Kids, four Alpha Kids, 3x4 Trolls, 4/13 and so on and so fourth. It's arguably a link with both the Japanese death symbolism and the Western symbolism of four being a number linked with nature, creation and balance (four elements, four seasons, etc.)

"fourth"?

Could you possibly have meant

?

(I know it's not the right font, hush, I'm lazy)

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I took the survey and asked for dressable Problem Sleuth dolls :colbert:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Kelp Plankton posted:

Don't worry. I requested smuppets.

Soon we will have scalemates, smuppets, and squiddles. And be able to just swim in piles of weird homestuck plush merchandise.

Don't forget Manthro Chaps

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I was predictable and just asked for Scalemates and replica AUTHENTIC Nic Cage fondled Bunnies (AUTHENTIC genuine replica box preferred but optional). I told them they can probably buy the rights for it, being an expert in the field of lying to get what I want.

Also, in me related news; Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is now in my grubby mitts. it really is amazing. I got the Squirrel on my coin!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Popo posted:

Also, in me related news; Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff is now in my grubby mitts. it really is amazing. I got the Squirrel on my coin!

What's on the other side?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yonic Symbolism posted:

The Four Jacks of the Apocalypse.

Also appropriate since there are four Jacks in a desk of cards.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I requested plushes of the consorts :3:

1 Iguana please!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
^^ And I will take a Salaman(d/c)er

Ariong posted:

What's on the other side?

I've not dared to remove it yet, for fear of tarnishing the beauty that is and so forth.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kazy posted:

I requested plushes of the consorts :3:

1 Iguana please!

I would literally kill for a Nakodile.

Maybe even with tiny little sunglasses!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Humanimal plushes please.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Dorroile posted:

I would literally kill for a Nakodile.

Maybe even with tiny little sunglasses!

(made by forums user blackflare, he even made it so his mouth opens to nak :3:)

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I requested Troll Grub Plushes since so many people make them but no one is allowed to sell them.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kazy posted:

(made by forums user blackflare, he even made it so his mouth opens to nak :3:)

That is literally the cutest thing i have ever seen!

Also, darn, i really should've sassed up the survey a bit and asked for vol. 10 already. Can't believe we still don't have Eternity's Shylock on an album.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dorroile posted:

That is literally the cutest thing i have ever seen!

Also, darn, i really should've sassed up the survey a bit and asked for vol. 10 already. Can't believe we still don't have Eternity's Shylock on an album.
I have a feeling he's going to spring it on us soon. The wait time between vol. 8 and vol. 9 was about eight months and the difference between vol. 9 and vol. 10 seems to be bridging around that same time span now. If anything I can see it coming out when this portion of the comic ends.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Screw that. Gimme ten or so tracks with a consistent theme. I want another The Felt or The Wanderers or even another flippin' Squiddles I dunno, anything but yet another 30+ track behemoth that I won't listen to for ages and will remember gently caress all of when I've finished.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Some Strange Flea posted:

Screw that. Gimme ten or so tracks with a consistent theme. I want another The Felt or The Wanderers or even another flippin' Squiddles I dunno, anything but yet another 30+ track behemoth that I won't listen to for ages and will remember gently caress all of when I've finished.

Be careful of what you wish for. I heard that the music team was working on a cherub-themed album a few months back... :stonk:

Of course I also heard there was a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff album in the works at one point too, and that never happened.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Some Strange Flea posted:

The last three releases were literally this. I think we're due for a nice, big, diverse volume.

Also if you didn't remember A Taste For Adventure there's no help for you.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Plom Bar posted:

The last three releases were literally this. I think we're due for a nice, big, diverse volume.

Also if you didn't remember A Taste For Adventure there's no help for you.

If you can't jive to Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse then you are not living life the way it's meant to be lived.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
How about some dairy products: dear sweet precious Fefeta Cheese.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I asked for official Pantskat Tallpants.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yonic Symbolism posted:

It also brings it closer to a full deck of cards. There are also four kings and four queens.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

It also brings it closer to a full deck of cards. There are also four kings and four queens.

I guess that makes WV the joker.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
I dunno how long the survey is going to be up for or how many times a single person can fill it out, but I feel like I'd be letting a really good opportunity pass if I didn't mention my one desire that burns so brightly in my heart of hearts:

A SBURB sourcebook/pen&paper RPG

I've been in and run a couple of campaigns now (and am still running one now), and you would not believe the hassle involved with trying to make an established system (like GURPS or Burning Wheel) conform to Hussie's lunatic setting. It's great fun and all, but Jesus Christ, it is so hard. An official, comprehensive sourcebook would make all the difference. Wouldn't some of you guys be interested in something like that? I feel like this might be an opportunity to make it happen.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I asked for a Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff ZOENTROPEE

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I asked for knick-knacks and tchotchkes.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Starmaker posted:

I dunno how long the survey is going to be up for or how many times a single person can fill it out, but I feel like I'd be letting a really good opportunity pass if I didn't mention my one desire that burns so brightly in my heart of hearts:

I've been in and run a couple of campaigns now (and am still running one now), and you would not believe the hassle involved with trying to make an established system (like GURPS or Burning Wheel) conform to Hussie's lunatic setting. It's great fun and all, but Jesus Christ, it is so hard. An official, comprehensive sourcebook would make all the difference. Wouldn't some of you guys be interested in something like that? I feel like this might be an opportunity to make it happen.

gently caress, I'd play that. I already used my survey, but I basically asked for something similar: A behind-the-scenes post-story blow-by-blow book of all powers, aspects, and combinations, plus how a "normal", non-broken game looks like. You know, all the stuff we've only been able to infer so far.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Starmaker posted:

I'm just going to go ahead and repost the Homestuck Fiasco playset that Fewture MD made and I added to.

But yes an official sourcebook would be great. I'd like to hear your ideas for system hacks though, since that's something I think a lot about too.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Bobulus posted:

gently caress, I'd play that. I already used my survey, but I basically asked for something similar: A behind-the-scenes post-story blow-by-blow book of all powers, aspects, and combinations, plus how a "normal", non-broken game looks like. You know, all the stuff we've only been able to infer so far.

I'm guessing we'll get at least something similar with the Homestuck Adventure game, but I'd really love to play (or even run) a game of that before then.

Hell, I get the urge to actually make such a game on a regular basis.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
That's what I was getting at about an encyclopedia for Homestuck/SBURB; I just want something that will make a tabletop RPG possible. All attempts to homebrew it have been hard, and it's mostly due to the lack of information about classes and things just not being clear. Either having it all explained that way or just having them create an official TTRPG for it would just make my day.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

A Sburb codex would be pretty drat neat. In the realm of plushies and stuff, I think a set of all the members of the Felt would be a lot of fun.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Starmaker posted:

Dude, I've actually kicked around the idea of homebrewing a FATE-based Sburb system. It'd be perfect for it, FATE is rules-light enough to be flexible and the Aspect/Refresh system would be perfect for titles and powers.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I requested Homestuck/Sburb-themed jewelry because I'm a huge jerk nerd.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I suggested hats, I'm a sucker for ball caps. I think it'd be weird to wear one with one of the character icons or something but if there was a hat with the Spirograph design I'd be all goddamn over that.

e: I've always sort of figured that once Homestuck is done, Andrew Hussie is going to get as much out the fanbase as he can and then immediately use that money to leave the country and change his name or something. At this rate he's probably got stalkers by now, demanding he fix their OTPs or whatever.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'd like to see a hat with Dirk's icon on it. :colbert: