Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mordecai posted:

Just got my rear end kicked by Paralogue 17. Anyone done this yet on Hard? It's not the enemies, but the combination of bodyguard duty with nearly limitless waves of rear end in a top hat reinforcements.

I just couldn't keep up with 10 reinforcements spawning every turn. I think I may need to surround Tiki with my four best physical tanks, unpaired so that I can have the maximum number of paired units out killing the enemies with ranged weapons.

I just made a giant wall around her, and never moved. I healed with concoctions and just held the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
:doh: Why did I never realize until now that Manaketes have 1-2 range now? That would've made leveling up Nowi MUCH easier earlier.

Reive
May 21, 2009

When shopping is there an easy way to tell if a weapon is more or less powerful than what's in your inventory? There doesn't see to be a comparison thingy.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Reive posted:

When shopping is there an easy way to tell if a weapon is more or less powerful than what's in your inventory? There doesn't see to be a comparison thingy.

There's a little arrow icon on the menu screen that'll quickly compare the item's Mt with whatever you currently have equipped.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
So according the Serenes Forest, this will be the order of the spotpass content for the English version of the game.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Status report: Up to chapter 5. Serra showed up in Spotpass (Streetpass? Can never remember which is which) and was a bit too much for then (tried right after chapter 3, whoops :sweatdrop:). Sully is turning out ridiculous. Sumia needs some blasted defense. Vaike still has yet to gain a point of strength. Got another Sigurd's Lance (sparkly tile items have been fantastic so far!).

This game is a giant love letter to Fire Emblem fans everywhere. I am so ridiculously happy with it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordecai posted:

Just got my rear end kicked by Paralogue 17. Anyone done this yet on Hard? It's not the enemies, but the combination of bodyguard duty with nearly limitless waves of rear end in a top hat reinforcements.

I just couldn't keep up with 10 reinforcements spawning every turn. I think I may need to surround Tiki with my four best physical tanks, unpaired so that I can have the maximum number of paired units out killing the enemies with ranged weapons.

Use the rescue staff to move her back to the wall. Then set up a formation like this:

X_O_X
_X_X_
__X__

O = character you're protecting, X = your units

Then you only need 5 units/ pairs capable of surviving the enemies. If you put someone with Rally Spectrum in the middle row, they'll be able to hit everyone but one other person, too.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Awh yeah. The bundle from best buy finally shipped, and it's already at the post office awaiting delivery to my house once it's not 12:30 in the morning. I am beyond pleased with this.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Iron Rose posted:

Awh yeah. The bundle from best buy finally shipped, and it's already at the post office awaiting delivery to my house once it's not 12:30 in the morning. I am beyond pleased with this.

Bastard! :argh: Hopefully this means the rest of the retailers will get their poo poo together tomorrow.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artix74 posted:

Bastard! :argh: Hopefully this means the rest of the retailers will get their poo poo together tomorrow.

Must be nice to have dreams.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Artix74 posted:

I'll try to contain posting every single detail about it, and I'm sure I'd never consider rubbing it in the faces of the poor fools who lack it. That would be awful, simply awful.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So, having not played other Fire Emblems, I'm a little unfamiliar with general playstyle stuff. Should I be using the same group of characters every battle or should I be mixing things up and leveling a larger group? I just finished the first side-quest thing and I'm starting to realize I'm going to have a lot more party members than I can bother to level, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing just a core team or keeping my options open.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion

Mordecai posted:

Someone mentioned how this map is essentially a defense map in disguise, you wipe everything out after x turns of defending from reinforcements

I personally think its pretty clever

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

So, having not played other Fire Emblems, I'm a little unfamiliar with general playstyle stuff. Should I be using the same group of characters every battle or should I be mixing things up and leveling a larger group? I just finished the first side-quest thing and I'm starting to realize I'm going to have a lot more party members than I can bother to level, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing just a core team or keeping my options open.

Use whoever you like. You'll generally be judging characters based on their starting class and their possible class changes. You can also go by their skills or weapons. If you prefer having a mobile strike force, you might go with mostly cavaliers and flying units. If you prefer being ranged, stack archers and mages. If you like making walls for defense, go knight heavy.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Either can work. If you want to use a larger group though, you're probably going to want to spend some time in the optional encounters. If you just want to go from main chapter to main chapter (with the occasional paralogue) it'll save you some grief to just focus on one group of characters.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cake Attack posted:

Cordelia is the most realistic anime wife. My wife is in love with my best friend and my daughter is a prick*, life is hard for my Avatar.

*The bad daughter, I have a good one thankfully.

Ahahaha, she still has a thing for Chrom even if you marry her? That's hilarious. I can't wait for the sperging out on certain boards over this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Ahahaha, she still has a thing for Chrom even if you marry her? That's hilarious. I can't wait for the sperging out on certain boards over this.

I don't think it's deliberate, they just don't bother changing some lines, and never address it in the support. So she still does her "I'd do all this and more to be with him (or something)" when she levels up.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I don't think it's deliberate, they just don't bother changing some lines, and never address it in the support. So she still does her "I'd do all this and more to be with him (or something)" when she levels up.

I repeat, there's going to be some fantastic "This is an outrage!" on boards over this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What's the reward for keeping the villagers alive in paralogue 3? They seem to love suicidally charging into range of every pegasus knight they can find.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is there any way to buy Chest Keys? I didn't level Gaius, and I hate clearing up a spot for Anna.

Endorph posted:

What's the reward for keeping the villagers alive in paralogue 3? They seem to love suicidally charging into range of every pegasus knight they can find.

A Seraph Robe for saving one, a Seraph Robe and a Log for saving two, and a Seraph Robe, a Log, and a Ladle for saving all three. (I'm not sure about the ladle, I only saved two.)

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

A Seraph Robe for saving one, a Seraph Robe and a Log for saving two, and a Seraph Robe, a Log, and a Ladle for saving all three. (I'm not sure about the ladle, I only saved two.)
Fairly certain this is correct, as I remember saving all 3 and I have a ladle.

Speaking of the log and ladle, is there any reason to use them?

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
So Holsety is Forseti now? Someone poked around on the official site and found that they had a DLC schedule hidden away.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37548

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
So my Maribelle just got 4 perfect levels in a row. Not just good ones, perfect ones. These are her first four levels, too.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I wanted to use THE VAIKE so much. So much. But his levels have just been disappointing all the way down, and I think I'm going to have to bench him because he just isn't pulling his weight anymore and is getting doubled an uncomfortable amount. :( (Hard mode.) In other strange and unsettling news, Stahl is a god of destruction, Miriel has gotten speed literally every level and has become the magic equivalent of a myrmidon, and Chrom is turning out weirdly mediocre. The game is being weird.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bloomington posted:

Fairly certain this is correct, as I remember saving all 3 and I have a ladle.

Speaking of the log and ladle, is there any reason to use them?

Vaike smashing someone's skull in with a ladle. Do you really need any more reason than that?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

So Holsety is Forseti now?

Well more like it's always been Forseti, it's just translated wrong.

MotU posted:

So my Maribelle just got 4 perfect levels in a row. Not just good ones, perfect ones. These are her first four levels, too.

Lucky, I think my Maribelle's got a net 4 perfect levels. She's level 8 or so 2nd tier.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I wanted to use THE VAIKE so much. So much. But his levels have just been disappointing all the way down, and I think I'm going to have to bench him because he just isn't pulling his weight anymore and is getting doubled an uncomfortable amount. :( (Hard mode.) In other strange and unsettling news, Stahl is a god of destruction, Miriel has gotten speed literally every level and has become the magic equivalent of a myrmidon, and Chrom is turning out weirdly mediocre. The game is being weird.

I'm the exact opposite. I didn't want to use The Vaike, but he kept gaining Strength, Speed, Defense and Skill every single level. I left him in a choke point on map 6 and he basically handled half the map with Maribelle backing him up. (And he was underleveled at the time)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My Chrom got paired with Kellam for an entire map for some reason and decided to follow in his footsteps. There hasn't been a single level where he hasn't gained defense. It's starting to scare me.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

My Chrom got paired with Kellam for an entire map for some reason and decided to follow in his footsteps. There hasn't been a single level where he hasn't gained defense. It's starting to scare me.

Nothing can pierce Robo-Chrom's skintanium armor. Kill all humans. Kill all humans. Kill all humans.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lissa has 12 Magic and she's at level 18, I am gonna make her my big magic boss so hard. Also, I am having trouble levelling up Donny even after pairing Fred with him, is there anything I should do to fix this or should I just try to be more careful with him?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I just finished chapter 13 and have like 3-4 guys with 30's in their stats. Tried to fight Lynn.

Got my rear end whooped. Crom/Avatar barely dented a freakin grunt War Priest. They are not loving around with these spotpass teams.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Lon'qu ended up my "I get perfect levels 6 times in a row and can hold a chokepoint counterkilling 10 guys in a turn" guy this game. I do love it when that happens. My_Unit (been playing him as a mage) ended up getting ridiculous growths too.

Sumia took a LONG TIME to get her rear end in gear but she's basically invincible now. Sumia+Cordelia ~Friendship is Magic~ double up is just brutal, they will assist each other right out of the box and take no damage.

I still don't know who to pair off with My_Unit. Most of the other pairings I've decided on were funny, (Vaike/Lissa, gave Lissa axes so they could axe together!) But no one has really been funny with the male avatar. There's a ton of great dudes, I should have played a female and married Virion. He's hilarious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

N-no, my fanfiction~

Anyway, the main site has updated again! Check it out.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Lissa has 12 Magic and she's at level 18, I am gonna make her my big magic boss so hard. Also, I am having trouble levelling up Donny even after pairing Fred with him, is there anything I should do to fix this or should I just try to be more careful with him?

Nah, just try and be more careful. Maybe see if there's anybody who can offer better gains the Fred (probably not applicable if you're still early game). You can also forge a iron/bronze lance with max strength to make his killing blows easier, or give him a glass lance if you fall upon one.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I find Kellam or Vaike make excellent Donny partners early on.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mistaya posted:

I still don't know who to pair off with My_Unit. Most of the other pairings I've decided on were funny, (Vaike/Lissa, gave Lissa axes so they could axe together!) But no one has really been funny with the male avatar. There's a ton of great dudes, I should have played a female and married Virion. He's hilarious.

Wait until Chapter 13. You'll know what to do then.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The difficulty really seems to ramp up around Chapter 15+ (hard difficulty), I've been having to rely heavily on my best promotes, to the detriment of my weaker units. Everything has silver weapons and tons of STR now, and they're all promoted so they move so fast everywhere. Then again, I probably have missed abusing all the broken things in this blind run.

EDIT: To the below, yeah, you can suspend your game in the battle menu and come back to it later if you wish. I think you have to do it manually though, I'm not sure if there's an autosave.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Does this game still do the constant-save thing that the GBA fire emblems did? Being able to instantly turn the game off and pick it back up later by turning it on and being at exactly the point you left off on was something I loved.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

President Ark posted:

Does this game still do the constant-save thing that the GBA fire emblems did? Being able to instantly turn the game off and pick it back up later by turning it on and being at exactly the point you left off on was something I loved.

Yeah, there's a bookmark button in the menu during battles.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Lissa has 12 Magic and she's at level 18

That doesn't seem that high, my Lissa is at 12 magic at level 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

President Ark posted:

No, there's a suspend feature, but if you just turn if off mid-enemy phase you'll lose your progress.

• Locked thread