Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

John Liver posted:

So Brook gets into a fight with a semi-samurai, and my two favorite motherfuckers go to town on a bunch of weird hazmat dudes?

Man, the last arc was a chore, but this show's finally picking up again.

The best part? Very slight, technically, manga spoiler that you probably are expecting anyway:poo poo gets gloriously more bizarre than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nope, it's the inverse. The last two episodes have covered a single chapter. They're literally taking the two pages that the crew don't immediately help the children in and stretching it out to just under five minutes worth of filler.

There's also no baby. :v:

S..shut up! It's going super fast and you're a dummy!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I'd be fine with them stretching it out a bit if more of the filler was fighting. Slow pans, flashbacks, and extra background characters crying on the other hand... Regardless, Punk Hazard has a lot of content in its chapters compared to Fishman Island, so things should still be better.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nope, it's the inverse. The last two episodes have covered a single chapter. They're literally taking the two pages that the crew don't immediately help the children in and stretching it out to just under five minutes worth of filler.

There's also no baby. :v:
After the 10th shot of the room I laughed a little at how silly it was getting. After the 20th it started to get real old. The whole scene made the strawhats look like assholes, and the giant baby doesn't make any goddamn sense. Did they even read the manga before animating this?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

User0015 posted:

Why are they even running in the first place? Just beat the crap out of them already!

None of the crew ever seem to worry about mortal danger, even when a single stray bullet should be enough to kill them; and whenever they do fight, they mop the floor with their enemies; yet sometimes they arrive at the decision to run. It's always kind of strange when they decide that regular, nameless cannon-fodder is enough to spook them into running away. Especially this time, where if they blinked hard enough (Galaxy Winks aside), they'd've won.

[quote="cooldude2.0" post="412228168""]
After the 10th shot of the room I laughed a little at how silly it was getting. After the 20th it started to get real old. The whole scene made the strawhats look like assholes, and the giant baby doesn't make any goddamn sense. Did they even read the manga before animating this?
[/quote]

I was reminded of the really drawn out blood transfer scene. I agree the scene was annoyingly drawn out and yeah, really made them look like assholes. When everything started fading to white, I felt like they had really gotten over-the-top dramatic.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 5, 2013

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Shadow0 posted:

None of the crew ever seem to worry about mortal danger, even when a single stray bullet should be enough to kill them; and whenever they do fight, they mop the floor with their enemies; yet sometimes they arrive at the decision to run. It's always kind of strange when they decide that regular, nameless cannon-fodder is enough to spook them into running away. Especially this time, where if they blinked hard enough (Galaxy Winks aside), they'd've won.

To be fair these guys have knockout gas that has already once gotten them captured.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

socialsecurity posted:

To be fair these guys have knockout gas that has already once gotten them captured.

Also Nami and Chopper prefer to run in most situations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

cooldude2.0 posted:

I dont know how someone could watch 5 minutes of
COME BACK AND SAVE US
CAME BACK
COME ON GUYS
COME BACK PLEASE
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
COME BACK FOR US
OKAY?
REALLY?

and not be bored out of your mind.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode

Man, what kind of a dick wouldn't want to build snowmen with the Soul King? Also we find out what incredibly macabre things Trafalgar Law has been up to during the time skip.

Is it just me, or does the new music not feel One Piecey? It's sounds like they're using music from other anime.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gyges posted:

New Episode

Man, what kind of a dick wouldn't want to build snowmen with the Soul King? Also we find out what incredibly macabre things Trafalgar Law has been up to during the time skip.

Is it just me, or does the new music not feel One Piecey? It's sounds like they're using music from other anime.
It's the same music it's been for a while :psyduck:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I do not remember them using the music for the kids part or when Law showed up before this arc. It's quite possible I missed it though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They've used that music before, though I'll be buggered if I can remember when. Only new music I can recall was last episode, and that was just some guitar strings. Mexican guitar strings at that.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

I felt the same way about the last two episodes.
I know they have used the songs before, but the music has felt very off.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Why must they draw out these episodes so drat much? :negative: Not like Punk Hazard isn't a long-as-hell arc anyway...

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

Also we find out what incredibly macabre things Trafalgar Law has been up to during the time skip.

I guess this explains all the weird disassembling shenanigans that have been going on. I'll admit, I forgot about him completely.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Smo-yan is so goofy. Smoking even through a gasmask. I love it!

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

No One Piece this week? I feel like everybody seems to be telepathically in on airtime schedules but me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It aired, but nothing of real note happened. It comes out on the website around 10pm Eastern Saturdays.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The latest episode wasn't dragged out that much. I mean, it was still one chapter, but it wasn't unbearably slow like some of the latest ones.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode

:yohoho:, demon eyed Strawhats, and the greatest day of Sanji's life.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

New Episode

:yohoho:, demon eyed Strawhats, and the greatest day of Sanji's life.

Sanji is showing a lot of restraint actually. He's only shown himself what he has seen for the past half the arc already anyway.

Also, as soon as the hearts began spinning, I knew Sanji would end up in Nami's body.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I finally finished the Film Z filler. It was okay, I guess? I really liked Lily although I'm a bit irked it didn't have a definite conclusion.

Onto more exciting news:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Autumncomet posted:

I finally finished the Film Z filler. It was okay, I guess? I really liked Lily although I'm a bit irked it didn't have a definite conclusion.

Onto more exciting news:

So is it gonna be a dub?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'd bet on it, yes, since the rest of the block appears to be dubbed. The episodes will probably be uncut too like the Naruto episodes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I haven't watched toonami in ages but have they ever done subbed shows? Is this the saturday night block we're talking about?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Is Toonami going to be airing everything through Skypiea or did they also get the rights post-Skypiea as well I wonder. When it aired originally it was just that first block.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Teek posted:

Is Toonami going to be airing everything through Skypiea or did they also get the rights post-Skypiea as well I wonder. When it aired originally it was just that first block.

Since Skypedia doesn't start until 153, I don't think it's much of a problem for a weekly program block. So going any further is probably dependent on it doing ok in the ratings.

It's weird though that Naruto, One Piece and Bleach will be airing after midnight like they're super adult though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gyges posted:

Since Skypedia doesn't start until 153, I don't think it's much of a problem for a weekly program block. So going any further is probably dependent on it doing ok in the ratings.

It's weird though that Naruto, One Piece and Bleach will be airing after midnight like they're super adult though.
Well, I haven't watched Cartoon Network in a long time but they're not adult, but running uncut there's probably too many episodes that are above PG as well.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
The Toonami block is on the Adult Swim section of the channel which runs pretty much independently as its own station. It wouldn't have to worry about censorship. Hell it aired Deadman Wonderland and that was all levels of hosed up.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
As someone who watches the Funimation dub (painstakingly slow in making them), they are way past the Skypeia Arc (which was so slow and boring imo) and they're right now up about almost at Enies Lobby, they are dubbed up to 252.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It took them like 3 weeks, but it was worth it. Anyone else think that was a really good fight finally? Probably doesn't need spoiling, but anyone else confused how Law only needs to use his sword at certain times? He can manipulate the ship or swap hearts or do all kinds of various things to people well out of his range, but to injure say Tashigi, he needs to cut her. But other times he can even use his fingers. I guess I'm just thinking too much into it.
Also, how did those kids even make it that far without dying? They don't even have socks let alone any real clothes. Children in anime are always the most annoying characters.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Same thing in games. They just have their invincibility flag set.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Shadow0 posted:

It took them like 3 weeks, but it was worth it. Anyone else think that was a really good fight finally? Probably doesn't need spoiling, but anyone else confused how Law only needs to use his sword at certain times? He can manipulate the ship or swap hearts or do all kinds of various things to people well out of his range, but to injure say Tashigi, he needs to cut her. But other times he can even use his fingers. I guess I'm just thinking too much into it.
Also, how did those kids even make it that far without dying? They don't even have socks let alone any real clothes. Children in anime are always the most annoying characters.

Law cuts things into smaller pieces with his sword. It's not that he can't move things around without cutting them, but rather it makes it easier to gently caress poo poo up by messing with pieces of things.

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.
His power really confuses me.

Half the time it seems to be not useful, cut someone's head off but they're still alive? Kinda defeats the purpose of slicing his head off in the first place.

how does removing a heart trump moving a head?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
A person can still function as normal when he removes their heart, so long as he keeps it safe but is under the constant threat of death from him. Pretty much the perfect blackmail material. If you remove someone's head it may be a great way to gently caress with them short term, but doesn't really allow you to do the same kind of long term plans given that you kind of stand out a bit when you wander around headless and really can't function to your usual standards given the lack of sight, sound etc.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Yeah without knowing anything more than what's happened in the anime, I'd wager that Law takes out peoples hearts then threatens to squash them lest the patient does as they're told.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Plus his crew isn't called the "Head Pirates." Gotta keep up appearances.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up.

Thrill at acts of prestidigitation and sulfurous ventriloquism. Also apparently Tashigi finally fell victim to the same balloon boob pandemic that's swept so much of the One Piece world.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gyges posted:

Also apparently Tashigi finally fell victim to the same balloon boob pandemic that's swept so much of the One Piece world.

The weird thing is she wasn't even that bad in the manga. This one's squarely on the anime team for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The anime team seems to be doing that more often. Like at the end of Fishman Island when Robin was talking to Neptune.