Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Oneiros posted:

Not in the default repos; you'll need to add http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

Thanks for the fast reply.

Actually managed to instal the app first try, running at 1.4x and it's a lovely thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Running FakeClockUp at 1/8 is fun to check out the little nuances of the animations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ManSedan posted:

Is there a good thing that lets me hide things like Game Center or Newsstand?

Idk if it works for the newsstand but sbsettings will hide pretty much any app

What's TCPoptimizer?

-edit - where are all the "fakeclockup is eating my battery" posts!?

Oh zephyr how I've missed you.. The cydia servers seem to be pretty forgiving now.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 5, 2013

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.

Christoff posted:

Idk if it works for the newsstand but sbsettings will hide pretty much any app

What's TCPoptimizer?

-edit - where are all the "fakeclockup is eating my battery" posts!?

http://www.redmondpie.com/speed-up-youtube-streaming-on-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-with-tcp-optimizer-cydia-tweak/

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
How do I install that hanzo font?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

OptimusMatrix posted:

How do I install that hanzo font?

BytaFont

bastardInABasket
May 22, 2001
Fun Shoe
I have an ipad2, running evasi0n on my macbook. How long should the evasi0n steps take? I've been stuck on "Injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3)... (Do not touch your device)" for over 10 minutes. I was coming from 5.1 so I was following the recommended steps from http://www.jailbreakqa.com/pages/evasi0n-help.

edit: problem solved. I misunderstood the instructions from that link. Once the reset ipad booted up during step 4, I wasn't going through the complete setup process. Once I went through the initial setup process to see the ipad home screen, the jalkbreak app went quickly through all the steps.

bastardInABasket fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 5, 2013

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh
Anyone notice sbsettings not working correctly on the iPad when it's in landscape? When I swipe it in landscape it hangs it all weird like its upright?

aca
Dec 19, 2004
heh

E30User posted:

I have an ipad2, running evasi0n on my macbook. How long should the evasi0n steps take? I've been stuck on "Injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3)... (Do not touch your device)" for over 10 minutes. I was coming from 5.1 so I was following the recommended steps from http://www.jailbreakqa.com/pages/evasi0n-help.

What I did for my iPad that was on 5.x, I upgraded to 6.1 and it hung up in the middle so it did a fresh restore, then I just jailbroke with no issue.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

So, as I had feared, upgrading and rejailbreaking did get rid of all my jailbroken apps and tweaks. However, I seem to have waited long enough that cydia is working fine, and after re-installing the tweaks, they all remember my settings. So overall, not so bad.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Thats the one. Thanks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why have I never seen this in any of the jailbreak threads?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I bought a new iPhone 5 today because a) I was finally fed up with my One X and b) Jailbreak! :toot: I mainly did it for BiteSMS, but man, I forgot there were so many useful little tweaks:

Open in Chrome (?, I just searched for Chrome) to open all links in Chrome, and another one for Google Maps.

Is there anything to make folder organizing easier? Installing some of these reset my folder structure :argh:

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
Unfortunately the repo for the free sbsettings adblock toggle I always used has gone down. The only one I can find it in is cydia.xsellize.com which is known to have a lot of cracked Cydia apps in it. Hopefully I'm not crossing any lines since it's always been released free. Add cydia.xsellize.com in Cydia and then search for sbadblocktoggle and then bring down the sbsettings menu and click the adblock icon.

System wide adblock, works in safari and most apps.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Does CyDelete not work in 6.1? It makes the icons wiggle and gives you the X icon, then asks to confirm. The icon goes away, but as soon as I press the home button to get out of move/delete mode, springboard crashes to safe mode. After exiting safe mode, the icon reappears.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Funkmaster General posted:

Does CyDelete not work in 6.1? It makes the icons wiggle and gives you the X icon, then asks to confirm. The icon goes away, but as soon as I press the home button to get out of move/delete mode, springboard crashes to safe mode. After exiting safe mode, the icon reappears.

Same thing happened to me just now. i don't think it works yet.

Also NCSettings I love you soooo much.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Finally got PKGBackup installed. This will go so much faster pulling from Dropbox.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

OptimusMatrix posted:

Also NCSettings I love you soooo much.

I see a lot of talk about this. How does it compare to sbsettings?

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Quasar doesn't work on my iPad 3 - just sends me straight to safe mode

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Christoff posted:

I see a lot of talk about this. How does it compare to sbsettings?

I think it does just about the same job, just looks much cleaner than SBsettings.

Nevermind. poo poo app I installed made it crash.

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 5, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Switchermod made my ipad reboot when I double tap the home button. Is there something better?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I donated :10bux: to evasi0n (or the site at least) because why not.

Zephyr is 100% worth the $5.

I wish I bought bitesms. I don't know how they handle license transfers but with irealsms it usually means emailing the guy a couple times and waiting a couple weeks. Isn't there a way to streamline a license transfer without going through an actual person?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

please respond posted:

Switchermod made my ipad reboot when I double tap the home button. Is there something better?

I anticipate SwitcherMod to be updated soon as the devs are active on other projects.

Christoff posted:

I wish I bought bitesms. I don't know how they handle license transfers but with irealsms it usually means emailing the guy a couple times and waiting a couple weeks. Isn't there a way to streamline a license transfer without going through an actual person?

biteSMS was simple to transfer. I entered my email and the last four digits of the transaction ID as found in my PayPal history-- done in about five minutes.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 5, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

adm posted:

I anticipate SwitcherMod to be updated soon as the devs are active on other projects.

biteSMS was simple to transfer. I entered my email and the last four digits of the transaction ID as found in my PayPal history-- done in about five minutes.

:eng99:

$8 is tempting...

Anyone use both somewhat recently? Irealsms was like $15 + an upgrade fee for like the iphone 4 or something :lol:

I remember 4 years ago irealsms was the "go-to" one

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Christoff posted:

I had my bite re-registered in about two minutes from within the app. MyWi was also pretty easy, it just sent me a confirmation Email confirming the transferal of the license to the new device.

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.
If you don't install openssh, there's no reason (or, way) to change your root password, right? I think this is a stupid question.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

voltron posted:

If you don't install openssh, there's no reason (or, way) to change your root password, right? I think this is a stupid question.

You could change it via a terminal application on the phone itself, but aside from the unlikely event of an exploit ran on the phone (which theoretically would have root privs most likely) there is no reason to do so if you don't have SSH installed.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Anybody tried doing this with 10.4? The 10.5 requirement just seems... absurd, but I know very little about these sorts of things.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

I have a problem. It's been quite a while since I've had a jailbroken phone, and since then I rearranged all my icons and shiz. Everything was exactly where I wanted it to be.

Now when I try to install 5 icon dock (which I used to use), it restores my icons to the way they looked about a year ago. That is to say, all over the place. Is there a way to reset the settings on 5 icon dock?

edit: Also I can't get Zephyr to install. The page loads, but the install button in the top right never loads. Anyone else have this problem?
double edit: Nevermind about Zephyr! Took like 3 or 4 minutes but it loaded.
triple edit: But now I can't get it to install. I have a feeling that I just have to be patient here.

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 5, 2013

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

aherdofpenguins posted:

I have a problem. It's been quite a while since I've had a jailbroken phone, and since then I rearranged all my icons and shiz. Everything was exactly where I wanted it to be.

Now when I try to install 5 icon dock (which I used to use), it restores my icons to the way they looked about a year ago. That is to say, all over the place. Is there a way to reset the settings on 5 icon dock?

I too had this very same problem, which annoyed the piss out of me! Beware if you have settings from 3 phones ago!

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.

please respond posted:

Current log of things that have crashed my phone:
SwitcherMod
CleanStatus

Also, anyone know which package puts the temperature in your status bar?

Robo-Pope fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 5, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Robo-Pope posted:

Current log of things that have crashed my phone:
SwitcherMod
CleanStatus

Also, anyone know which package puts the temperature in your status bar?

Add a note to the goon JB app compatibility doc? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE&authkey=CMmC_5gE

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

NeuroticErotica posted:

Anybody tried doing this with 10.4? The 10.5 requirement just seems... absurd, but I know very little about these sorts of things.

Are you...absolutely insane?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Are there any unified music/video apps that work on ios 6?
Also, I can't find facetime on Poof. Is it listed as something else?

Moses
Nov 19, 2003

You sound like you're in a cult...
Is there a fix for 6.1 preventing background video playback as of yet? i jail broke just for this.

Edit: the volume buttons on my ipad 3 are borked, if you press volume down it goes to mute, have to turn it up again from zero

Moses fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 5, 2013

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Whats the process for un-jailbreaking? Something funny happened and now I dont have Cydia but i do have a few cydia apps installed when I reboot that wont go away.

just restore from backup?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Laserface posted:

Whats the process for un-jailbreaking? Something funny happened and now I dont have Cydia but i do have a few cydia apps installed when I reboot that wont go away.

just restore from backup?

Yes, if you can still access Cydia you might want to install and run AptBackup so you can reinstall all your jailbreak apps at once if/when you re-jailbreak your device.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

I had forgotten how many things are built into Springtomize 2. Such a great app.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Klowns posted:

Yes, if you can still access Cydia you might want to install and run AptBackup so you can reinstall all your jailbreak apps at once if/when you re-jailbreak your device.

Thanks, icloud restore in progress.

and no, wont be re-JBing, simply because the one thing I wanted (SBsettings) is an ugly nightmare that doesnt belong anywhere near an iphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

I just did an untethered jailbreak tonight on my 3GS and was wondering if there was any way to get Siri working on my phone. All the tutorials mention needing a tethered jailbreak, any way to do it untethered?

• Locked thread