Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mancubus
Jun 29, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

India's stated problem is with hawkeye predicting the path of the ball which has nothing to do with Rauf being a poo poo umpire.

There were problems in the SA-Pakistan match as well. Whatever the stated position, as long as the review system throws up terrible decisions, it's still a fair stance to refuse to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Not really, since the terrible decisions that were made had nothing to do with the review system - an umpire looked at the same evidence everybody else did and came to a different conclusion to everybody else. This match does provide a good reason not to use Asad Rauf, but I think most people were already aware that was a long overdue reform.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Kane Richardson was bought for $700,000 by the way. No, not Williamson, Richardson.

Who the gently caress is Kane Richardson? :confused:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His T20 stats aren't exactly breathtaking.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Maxwell is literally worth 120% of Ponting and Clarke combined in the IPL.

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
Took a look at the live feed off the ipl auction earlier, the tie breaker for two teams having bid the same for a player is private offers made to the Indian board where the highest gets the player and the board get the amount. Isn't that a bribe?

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Drew` posted:

Took a look at the live feed off the ipl auction earlier, the tie breaker for two teams having bid the same for a player is private offers made to the Indian board where the highest gets the player and the board get the amount. Isn't that a bribe?

Yes, but you see India.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

He's the guy who got kicked out of the attack for running on the pitch a few weeks ago.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Mister Chief posted:

Especially since Ryder went for $260k.

Suddenly his "I need to find my love for the game again" stance seems suspicious. And still, I'm happy for him.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ryder always said he was taking a year off and it hasn't been a year yet.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
His sabbatical has worked a treat, he's obviously enjoying himself again. It's just that the decision between an early return to international cricket and waiting a series is easier to make when you have the IPL teabagging its coinpurse on your forehead.

Noxin of Shame fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 4, 2013

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.

Vagabundo posted:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/272262.html

Played an ODI recently and got 0 wickets and a golden duck.

Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars :stare:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Well he got into the ODI team based on his Big Bash performances I think. At least he'll probably fix his running on the pitch thing now that he has a $700k incentive.

Part two of the Warnifesto is out, it's not very interesting though.

http://www.shanewarne.com/blog/332/where-is-australian-cricket-at-part-2

Centusin fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 4, 2013

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Warnie really likes Coulter-Nile. Why is this?

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Had a pom umpiring my T20 game yesterday, wasn't calling anything wide down leg at all. It was bizarre.

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

warne's test team posted:

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Marsh S
4. Clarke (C)
5. Ferguson
6. Wade
7. Faulkner
8. Coulter-Nile
9. Siddle
10. Pattinson
11. Lyon

the perfect team :thumbsup:

also lol at hauritz being 12th man in warne's odi team

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That team is as big a piece of poo poo as the current one. Well done Warne.

It is also a touch on the slow side with the ball.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Vagabundo posted:

Gonna die laughing if it's bad intel and the wrong guy was bought

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I think my favourite thing about Warne's teams is that it's another person ignoring Steve O'Keefe. Poor guy is overlooked by everybody.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Including the IPL.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Mister Chief posted:

Including the IPL.

Good. I'd hate to see another good player ruined by those flogs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

sixteenstraws posted:

Marsh, like Khawaja, should be kept the gently caress away from the national side.

British Pimp
Oct 20, 2002
I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD TO ANY THREAD. IGNORE.

sixteenstraws posted:

Ferguson, Coulter-Nile and Marsh in the Test team? *sigh* I thought Warne would at least stop falling for the trap of picking bowlers because they are quick or tall, and pick bowlers because they are good. I shouldn't have been so optimistic since he picked Ferguson and Marsh presumably based on their limited over stats. How Ferguson could be mentioned with a FC average of 35... Makes me think that Warnie is not the great mind he makes himself out to be.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
They should use the time they allocated to T20 at the AB medal to letting me see Mitchell Johnson's girlfriend for 15 minutes.. Both are stupid but one doesn't ruin cricket

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Warnie is that kid in your class at school that has ridiculous attention seeking outbursts every day that just get progressively less interesting and funny every day.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

British Pimp posted:

Makes me think that Warnie is not the great mind he makes himself out to be.

I'm shocked and appalled by this suggestion. I'm screaming and crying

(I'm shane warne irl lol)

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

BRAD Hodge's late bid for an Ashes comeback has failed, with Victoria turning down the veteran batsman's offer to come out of retirement to play in the Sheffield Shield.

Poor Hodge :(

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Benji Madden from Good Charlotte should have won the AB medal, he was so good this season

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are there any rules saying that a woman couldn't play in a men's national team?

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters

Mister Chief posted:

nz could do a lot worse than playing suzie bates

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

The laws of nature :smugdog:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

sixteenstraws posted:

nz could do a lot worse than playing suzie bates

Literally why I asked that question.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/news/9845947/Indians-ban-30-English-players-following-Test-defeat.html

quote:

Indians ban 30 English players following Test defeat

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has reacted angrily to the country’s 2-1 loss in the recent Test series against England by banning a group of county cricketers from practising in India.

Around thirty players from Yorkshire, Durham, Kent, Hampshire, Glamorgan, Gloucestershire and Nottinghamshire were due to fly to India in the coming weeks to further their cricketing educations by practising on the spinning pitches of India on trips organised by Sachin Bajaj, founder of the Global Cricket School.

But the BCCI has instructed all ground authorities in Pune, where the GCS is based, that no foreign players must use their facilities without official permission. And in this case that permission has not been granted.

The BCCI is thought to be particularly annoyed that Joe Root, who made such a stunning Test debut in the final Test in Nagpur, had already had such vast experience of Indian conditions before that debut.

This is an extension of a row that arose before Christmas when the BCCI considered the England Performance Programme’s tour, running alongside the Test tour, as unsanctioned.

Steven Finn played for the EPP against the DY Patil Academy XI in Mumbai in late November, bowling 23 overs to prove his fitness for the third Test in Calcutta.

That prompted the BCCI to send a letter of complaint to the England and Wales Cricket Board as it understood that Test squad members would not participate in such matches. The ECB apologised but also pointed out that the match was not even 11-a-side and so was not an official match.

Root also played in that match and made 166. The EPP played another three-day match against the same opponents in early December, and then played three matches against the Netherlands in Pune- two 50-over encounters and one Twenty20 game – ahead of the two T20I matches between England and India just before Christmas.

By employing so many foreigners in its Indian Premier League, whose sixth auction was held yesterday in Chennai, India has been helping its international opponents for many years.

By contrast it bans its centrally contracted players from appearing in English county cricket. So it may be that some compromise agreement can be reached between the two national boards so that reciprocal visits can be arranged.

The GCS has been running for seven years, with Bajaj having organised trips with a friend for four years before that, with Andrew Strauss as one of the first players to benefit.

The county players, with the exception of those from Durham, will now go to Sri Lanka instead.

At the IPL auction England’s Matt Prior and Ravi Bopara went unsold, but, ahead of this summer’s Ashes, Michael Clarke and Phil Hughes, went to Pune Warriors and Mumbai Indians for $400,000 and $100,000 respectively. Mumbai also paid an astonishing $1m for Glenn Maxwell, the Australian all-rounder.
I can't stop laughing how pathetic this is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The biggest manchildren.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Wow. Even for Indian cricket that's pretty drat pathetic.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can't wait for Warnie's Warriors spearheaded by Nathan Hauritz to whitewash India.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

beating india gets sweeter everyday

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

thehappyprince posted:

beating india gets sweeter everyday

I'm now torn between never wanting to play India again and playing them every week to rub their faces in their own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

tarbrush posted:

I'm now torn between never wanting to play India again and playing them every week to rub their faces in their own poo poo.

Can we somehow do both?

e: The BCCI is registered as a charitable trust and just got smacked with a $433 million tax bill because of it

Fuckin laffo, those gigantic, colossal cunts

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 5, 2013

• Locked thread