Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Laserface posted:

Thanks, icloud restore in progress.

and no, wont be re-JBing, simply because the one thing I wanted (SBsettings) is an ugly nightmare that doesnt belong anywhere near an iphone.

NCSettings? It's just like SBSettings but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there any way to see the dependencies of a particular package? I installed SBSettings but the swipe gesture would sometimes pull down the Notification Center, so I installed NCSettings which gives me everything I need (WiFi, Brightness, GPS, and Respring). When I went to uninstall SBSettings, it only removed about 5 of the dozen or packages that were installed, so I'd like to be able to manually remove the other ones.

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

NeuroticErotica posted:

Anybody tried doing this with 10.4? The 10.5 requirement just seems... absurd, but I know very little about these sorts of things.

10.5 came out in October 2007. That is almost 6 years ago. I think it's a little absurd to expect your ancient OS to be supported.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Moses posted:

Is there a fix for 6.1 preventing background video playback as of yet? i jail broke just for this.

Edit: the volume buttons on my ipad 3 are borked, if you press volume down it goes to mute, have to turn it up again from zero

Sounds like might be a messed up Activator setting?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
A fix for the Weather app was posted:

http://www.pod2g.org/2013/02/ios-mobileinstallationplist-rebuild.html

It worked for me.

Edit: Servers are still being slammed.

evasi0n.com stats:
http://www.pod2g.org/2013/02/evasi0ncom-statistics.html

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Is there a jailbreak tweak to force iOS to use Google Maps as the default map app for absolutely everything?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

psylent posted:

Is there a jailbreak tweak to force iOS to use Google Maps as the default map app for absolutely everything?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3412396&perpage=40&pagenumber=143#post412215223

MapsOpener

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Thanks for that, I installed it but a couple of real estate apps I use still pull their maps from the Apple app. :(

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
There's this Cydia app called "AppCent" which would put a progress percentage underneath app icons when they were being downloaded and installed from the AppStore - I can find it here on the Cydia search, but it doesn't show up on any search through Cydia directly.

How can I get it installed on my iPad? Do I need to use my PC, or is there some Cydia setting I need to change?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

psylent posted:

Thanks for that, I installed it but a couple of real estate apps I use still pull their maps from the Apple app. :(

It sounds like you're asking for two different things. MapsOpener makes Google Maps the default app for links that go to the map app itself. If you click an address, it will open Google Maps. But it sounds like you're asking for something that replaces maps inside of other apps, which honestly, I don't think is possible.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Lockinfo is installing fine now but good luck getting out of Safe Mode with it running.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Aatrek posted:

There's this Cydia app called "AppCent" which would put a progress percentage underneath app icons when they were being downloaded and installed from the AppStore - I can find it here on the Cydia search, but it doesn't show up on any search through Cydia directly.

How can I get it installed on my iPad? Do I need to use my PC, or is there some Cydia setting I need to change?
It looks like the developer removed that app. There's one called ProgressPercent which seems to based on it.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Bunk Rogers posted:

Lockinfo is installing fine now but good luck getting out of Safe Mode with it running.

I've been running it all night without any issue. Only the broken weather app tossed me into Safe Mode.
The freeze on restart seems to have been corrected by the evasi0n update that was released shortly after the initial release. I've got all my old apps, and a few new ones, running without any issue except 3G Unrestricter and FolderEnhancer which I haven't been able to download.

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.
Nobody happens to have any good resources or starting points for how to fix lightly corrupted backups, do they? I'm not entirely sure where to start, and it's so late and I've been working on this for so long I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recognize a good source if I came across one. I'm 99% certain nearly all of the data I want and need is in the backup... it's just that there are one or two problems, which is completely unacceptable to iTunes, and none of the data will be restored. At this point, I'm not even sure if this is even the right thread to be asking, but I'd really appreciate any pointers.

Time spent jailbreaking: ~10 minutes.
Time spent dealing with iTunes throughout this process: 6 hours.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I finally was able to download a few things this morning (five dock and five row).

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm having a problem with Five Icon Dock and FolderEnhancer. After installing and respringing, all my apps are rearranged and FolderEnhancer doesn't seem to work all that well. Anyone else having these issues?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I've gotten most of my apps installed from Cydia this morning. :holy:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

pseudonordic posted:

I've gotten most of my apps installed from Cydia this morning. :holy:

Same. Switchy doesn't work but the dev says he's already working on it, everything else is working nicely. I like the new rebuilt Lockinfo 5.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Laserface posted:

Thanks, icloud restore in progress.

and no, wont be re-JBing, simply because the one thing I wanted (SBsettings) is an ugly nightmare that doesnt belong anywhere near an iphone.

SBSettings also has themes, so you can skin it however you like.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress the GV extensions don't support 6.x :smithicide:

And god drat MyWi loving loves charging for updates.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Seems like adding the airplane mode toggle to SBSettings and then using it sends you into safe mode immediately.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BisterdDave posted:

I'm having a problem with Five Icon Dock and FolderEnhancer. After installing and respringing, all my apps are rearranged and FolderEnhancer doesn't seem to work all that well. Anyone else having these issues?

Yeah five icon dock did that to me. I thought I was just drunk. An uninstall fixes it back. I assume it just hasn't been updated yet.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Seems like everything hosted on BigBoss is having problems this morning; the other repositories seem to be working okay now.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Ah constant springboard crashes and random resets, how I've missed the jailbreak experience

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

jeffersonlives posted:

Same. Switchy doesn't work but the dev says he's already working on it, everything else is working nicely. I like the new rebuilt Lockinfo 5.

I recently started using Auxo to replace the stock app switcher. I really like the way it looks and handles. It also supports Zephyr.

It shows a card preview of every recent app instead of just an icon. You can swipe down on each app to close it or long press and hold on one to be asked if you want to close them all. Its music control has the name of the song, artist and album, and has album art that you can expand. It also has toggles (swiping up and down shows more), where if you long press on one it brings you to that specific part of the settings app.

edit: My only issue with it is that there's no ipad support yet, but they said they're working on it. Works just fine on my iphone 4s, though.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 5, 2013

Sigvard
Mar 12, 2005

Protect Ya Neck, Kid
(from crowbars)

Anyone got this working on an iPhone 5 yet?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress the GV extensions don't support 6.x :smithicide:

Yeah his site refers to iOS 5.0 as new. This would be great to have again.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Klowns posted:

I've been running it all night without any issue. Only the broken weather app tossed me into Safe Mode.
The freeze on restart seems to have been corrected by the evasi0n update that was released shortly after the initial release. I've got all my old apps, and a few new ones, running without any issue except 3G Unrestricter and FolderEnhancer which I haven't been able to download.

It must hate something else I have on my phone. Multiple installs now with the same nasty results.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ihatepants posted:

I recently started using Auxo to replace the stock app switcher. I really like the way it looks and handles. It also supports Zephyr.

Oh man this looks amazing and can probably replace NCSettings for me as well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I just got it (a whole $2) and while the app previews are a bit large it's pretty sweet. It does pretty much all the stock sbsettings/ncsettings things too. Works with zephyr.

Recommended. Thanks.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Sigvard posted:

Anyone got this working on an iPhone 5 yet?

Works fine for me.

Is there anything working on the iPhone 5 that lets me remove the status bar icons for rotation lock/bluetooth?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Christoff posted:

Yeah I just got it (a whole $2) and while the app previews are a bit large it's pretty sweet. It does pretty much all the stock sbsettings/ncsettings things too. Works with zephyr.

Recommended. Thanks.

Same here. Only thing I'm seeing it doesn't have as far as toggles go is private browsing (which is such a retarded thing to have to go to settings to enable/disable rather than it be an option within the app itself)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also it doesn't always have a preview of the app and sometimes just shows the app icon

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Is there a way I can either put folders into folders, or put unlimited files into a folder using Springtomize? It seems like it'd be an obvious feature but I'm not seeing it.

I would use folderenhancer, but like the other person who posted on this page it basically just tosses my icons everywhere.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone have the address for the Lockinfo beta repo?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

yamdankee posted:

Yeah his site refers to iOS 5.0 as new. This would be great to have again.

Yeah, I really wish I'd read this or the GV site before I'd gone to work, discovered that cydia was up, installed it and put my phone in a boot loop.

Gonna be a long wait till I can get home and restore that bitch.

Shame because the GV extensions were my tip top reason for jail breaking. :(

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

CaptainCrunch posted:

Shame because the GV extensions were my tip top reason for jail breaking. :(

Same here. Does anyone know if he's working on an iOS 6 version?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is there a setting in Glasklart that makes the menus and buttons closer to the theme that I'm missing somewhere? Somethings are skinned, others are not.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Kazy posted:

Works fine for me.

Is there anything working on the iPhone 5 that lets me remove the status bar icons for rotation lock/bluetooth?
It installed for me, but clicking on an address link for an email simply makes Google Maps open but doesn't actually go to the address from the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The dev for Iconoclasm doesn't seem to think he'll be able to support 6.1 until at least March. Is there any other app that provides customized layouts? 7x7 on iPad preferably.

• Locked thread