Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Mr. Despair posted:

I prefer vsco myself.

e. B/W is just so flat :smith:

silverfx will actually emulate some of those film types listed there. That said, I've never heard of vsco before...I may check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred Miranda Jr
Jul 10, 2012

I spend endless hours in front of the computer perfecting techniques for the digital format.
I find that people curious about my Canon 1D X make for more engaged street photography subjects. However I'm not a fan of VSCO - I prefer to use my own Velvia Vision for doing post work on my street photography.

With all of the great Photoshop plugins available these days, film as a capture medium has no relevance anymore.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

i'm not sure if you guys are ruining or helping dukeku's bit

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

aliencowboy posted:

little of both.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

aliencowboy posted:

You can think I'm kidding all you want, but I'm really trying to monetize myself and start the path to being a true professional photographer.

Here's a street shot from my last photo walk in San Francisco.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dukeku posted:

You can think I'm kidding all you want, but I'm really trying to monetize myself and start the path to being a true professional photographer.

Sweet hat bro.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

dukeku posted:

I'm sure you can leave the trolling for irc.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Pukestain Pal posted:

I'm sure you can leave the trolling for irc.

I'm equally sure you can leave IRC disagreements somewhere that isn't here.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm equally sure you can leave IRC disagreements somewhere that isn't here.

"You can think I'm kidding all you want, but I'm really trying to monetize myself and start the path to being a true professional photographer."

^^^ that was an obvious jab that was carry-over from irc. I don't really care, but to be passive aggressive about it is just being ridiculous.

*awaits the ban because of your involvement in that same irc carryover*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Heres some content. A street.

© All rights reserved. DO NOT COPY OR STEAL
Leica M8, Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 ISO 1600.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Pukestain Pal posted:

"You can think I'm kidding all you want, but I'm really trying to monetize myself and start the path to being a true professional photographer."

^^^ that was an obvious jab that was carry-over from irc. I don't really care, but to be passive aggressive about it is just being ridiculous.

*awaits the ban because of your involvement in that same irc carryover*

What the hell are you going on about?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

dukeku posted:

This is a really incredible shot, do you do any work with urban models or modeling?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is a really incredible shot, do you do any work with urban models or modeling?

Thank you! I have been considering a "street fashion" series, mostly in urban landscapes with hip fashion.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

dukeku posted:

Thank you! I have been considering a "street fashion" series, mostly in urban landscapes with hip fashion.

I freelance for a small mag primarily about fashion in New York and Boston and would love to get in touch and bat around some East Coast meets West Coast ideas with you. PM if you're interested at all. Thank you.

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012
This thread :gifttank:

I took a street photo today.

Noreaster by SirWyeth, on Flickr

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Been scanning some film for a friend. Love how these two came out.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Taken in downtown Yokohama, had to take it fast since cars were coming. Not sure how I feel about the color... But it seemed too boring in B/W.

App13 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 31, 2012

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

---_0090 by route-20, on Flickr

---_0093 by route-20, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Urban Hiking by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

DSC04666 by dtloken, on Flickr

tween_spirit
Apr 12, 2006

////I WANT
&&TO EXIST

Clown posted:

I went for a walk.

Southbank Winter Festival. by Clwn, on Flickr

I took a similar photo recently!

Not so much street, though.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
I've read through this whole thread trying to pick up some tips and tricks. This is my first time trying street and it was a lot of fun. I did miss the focus on a few shots which was a bit frustrating but overall a good day.
Any comments or criticisms are very welcome.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I see what you saw that was interesting here (that outfit :drat: ), but given the circumstance, it doesn't hold my interest - it's someone pushing someone in a wheelchair. I always think these are hard to do well, because we're sort of programmed to feel sympathy for people who are infirm.

These two are great. The first would be better if the guy on the left weren't there, but other than that, it's amazing. The second I absolutely love.
The first would better if she wasn't on her phone, the second doesn't do anything for me.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005

Krakkles posted:

These two are great. The first would be better if the guy on the left weren't there, but other than that, it's amazing. The second I absolutely love.

Thank you for your feedback, its very helpful.
I completely agree about that guy in the bubble but I'm not sure if cropping him out makes the picture better. I was afraid of losing the whole bubble from the frame but I think this might make the photo stronger in that it makes the father and son more of the main subjects. What do you think?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I like a lot about this photo, individually, but I'm not sure what doesn't work as a whole.

Took this one at the Hirshhorn in DC.

Chill Callahan fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 8, 2013

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
so, sorry for my last poo poo attempt. i forget about standards and whatnot. tevs. does this fit?

VC1 by Alex Gard, on Flickr

edit: I had nothing to do with this wedding, was just walking around the backstreets with my camera and came across these guys sitting in the carpark of some backalley greek club. took some pics and left.

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 8, 2013

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

DSC05211 by dtloken, on Flickr

DSC05189 by dtloken, on Flickr

DSC05202 by dtloken, on Flickr

Beautiful day for January.

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

Platform 2. by Clwn, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Untitled by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Raffles Place by alkanphel, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Those are pretty good--I especially like the second one. Were these taken on Portra NC?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Chill Callahan posted:

Those are pretty good--I especially like the second one. Were these taken on Portra NC?

It's new Portra 160. I usually try to expose Portra 2/3 or 1 stop slower than box speed - I get a lot more shadow detail while also reducing saturation and contrast. The resulting scanned files are easier for me to work with.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Ruthie by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

e: Portra 400NC.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

DSC05251 by dtloken, on Flickr

Nothing to see here, move along.

Metalslug
Jul 17, 2002

...rather well, as it turned out. One night at a keg beer party I was offered a marijuana joint.

The City Is Ours by Alan Grainger

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
I've picked up B/W development again after eons, this is my first attempt at pushing Foma 400 for street photography pics..

Even better than TV di maxmars70, su Flickr

Miike
Nov 7, 2003
Free Mandela
I had tourists as a theme on a recent trip to Barcelona

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'm guessing you've seen Martin Parr's work? If not, check it out his book Small World, I think you might dig it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...
I went to London for a week and this guy threw a giant bubble at me!

London in a Bubble by herd of mongeese, on Flickr

mongeese fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 16, 2013