Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Is Mike really gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Yeah. He's really gone. Tom quit too. I can't believe this is how it ended.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I heard the show is just going to be 3 hours of Ziggy's classic rock covers from now on.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
They found Tom and Mike's bodies. The cause of death was tainted peanut chews...

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

het posted:

Yeah. He's really gone. Tom quit too. I can't believe this is how it ended.

I mean, how did you expect it to end?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Man tonight's ep was great. Fun Wurster call, and the Entourage movie stuff was terrific

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

I know it's not really the best way to support the show, but if you're kinda broke and haven't listened to the "Best of Scharpling and Wurster" CDs yet, they're all up on Spotify now. Some of the best stuff they've ever done.. the Mother 13 on Everest segment is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

What a great episode, between making fun of Entourage for half the show and TWO laser whippings.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Prank magazine had named me prank wizard 2 years in a row.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Tom bagging on James will never get old.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wasn't expecting such chemistry between monster magnet and Matt Fraction. I thought it was a drat good episode even if it wasn't one of the funnier ones.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The Monster Magnet dude did an extended interview with Tom for Low Times last year that was fantastic great stories about growing up in Jersey, Alice Cooper getting in fights with Norman Mailer and pissing away record company money on purpose.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
A new Marc and Tom Show is up on iTunes. Haven't checked it out yet but recommending

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I just saw this of WFMU's Marathon Premium Page

The Best Show On WFMU with Tom Scharpling presents the "Come On Y'All It's Time To Have Fun" Fun Pack!
A Best Show Rain Poncho! An exclusive Gary the Squirrel And Friends Vinyl Single! And a Best Show Button Pack!

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Asterios posted:

I just saw this of WFMU's Marathon Premium Page

The Best Show On WFMU with Tom Scharpling presents the "Come On Y'All It's Time To Have Fun" Fun Pack!
A Best Show Rain Poncho! An exclusive Gary the Squirrel And Friends Vinyl Single! And a Best Show Button Pack!

Is the marathon tonight?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Is the marathon tonight?

Begining of March, but I believe the station is starting to get everything put together.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Apparently next week is going to be a pre-taped call in show (taped tonight Feb 21). So from Mr. Show sketch to reality.

http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,9209.0.html

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Are they gonna Ustream a video feed of the Best Show tonight? I haven't seen any video feeds of the marathon so far.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Hope everyone pledged!

Mico posted:

Are they gonna Ustream a video feed of the Best Show tonight? I haven't seen any video feeds of the marathon so far.

It's on the WFMU homepage.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Hope everyone pledged!

Done! I had to email it in last week because I can't listen live, so I don't think my name got on the radio.

Speaking of which, I think this is the first year I'm actually listening to the marathon shows since I now have a podcast app where I can easily skip over the thanks.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Holy poo poo. A.C. Newman wrote and performed a song about Spike's love of John Wesley Shipp.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Weembles posted:

Holy poo poo. A.C. Newman wrote and performed a song about Spike's love of John Wesley Shipp.
That and the Cory Booker call were both terrific.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like such a piece of crap for listening for 6 years and never pledging. The drive always seems to come around when I am dead broke. One of these days I am just going to unload like $200 on WFMU when I actually have some money.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

I feel like such a piece of crap for listening for 6 years and never pledging. The drive always seems to come around when I am dead broke. One of these days I am just going to unload like $200 on WFMU when I actually have some money.

Have you considered doing the monthly donation? You can join their Swag For Life club for a minimum of $10 a month. You will still get a DJ premium plus a messenger bag.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

75 bucks paid over a year really isn't much at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh god I lost I'm front of everyone at work when he was making fun of Game of Thrones.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

NESguerilla posted:

Oh god I lost I'm front of everyone at work when he was making fun of Game of Thrones.
"TONIGHT, WE SUP ON ELF MEAT" had me in tears

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
George R.R. Martin being from Bayonne surprised me a lot then made perfect sense. (Oh yeah, Nathan For You really is fantastic by the way).

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Groucho Marxist posted:

75 bucks paid over a year really isn't much at all.

Or just kick in $10 once. It's whatever you can afford. The gesture's more important than the amount - you chip in a few bucks to show you care about the station.

I've never been able to afford anywhere close to a mouse pledge or a Y3K pledge or any of that, but I just feel a little better when I chip in my little bit. It's worth it for the hours of entertainment I get each week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GraPar posted:

(Oh yeah, Nathan For You really is fantastic by the way).

You aint kidding. I just checked it out tonight and it's loving hilarious.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

NESguerilla posted:

You aint kidding. I just checked it out tonight and it's loving hilarious.
Seriously, I watched all the eps this week and was dying. The last scene of this week's ep was amazing in a "wait, what? this is so absurd it must have been scripted but this guy is obviously real" way. Nathan is really terrific at deadpan deliveyr.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

In the recent episode, I think the event of a caller calling in asking about "Salo", Mike thinking he said "Shiloh" but going on to describe "Shoah" is Ap Mike in a nutshell.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

IS there a new episode? I couldn't find it on iTunes or the WFMU app but I don't remember any Salo talk so maybe it just hasn't been uploaded yet?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

IS there a new episode? I couldn't find it on iTunes or the WFMU app but I don't remember any Salo talk so maybe it just hasn't been uploaded yet?

Its a "Depravity's Rainbow" . I didn't listen to it live, I got it off iTunes

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Man, I love Mike but I cannot hang with Therese at all. She's like a one-woman high school drama club just shrieking out everything.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A couple of months ago Tom played a song by Giorgio Moroder and I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember what the song was or which episode it was on?

also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKo4cNJHhLY

"everyone knows the best show is a sausage party. Let's bring in some tacos Oprah style."

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

It was Underdog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh5B8s78aVc
I remember because I looked it up afterwards... it's a good tune.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sweet, thanks! I looked for that drat song for an hour this morning.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

A couple of months ago Tom played a song by Giorgio Moroder and I can't remember what it was called. Anyone remember what the song was or which episode it was on?

also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKo4cNJHhLY

"everyone knows the best show is a sausage party. Let's bring in some tacos Oprah style."

Mike's feet are gross.

This will never get old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixR-xog__k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

quote:

STUPID LIFE
Previously announced as A Bad Idea I’m About to Do, this show’s script is based on comedian Chris Gethard’s (The Chris Gethard Show, The Other Guys, This American Life) recent autobiographical book of the same name. Tom Scharpling (The Best Show on WFMU, Monk) is series executive producer and co-creator. Gethard and Scharpling are co-writing the pilot script.

Maybe, possibly, hopefully someday coming to IFC.