Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

They had plenty of color spreads in Bakuman. Chapters with color pages come first in ORDER, not in popularity.

Bakuman the manga did, but im talking about Detective Trap/Perfect Crime Party

Trap might not have gotten a cover or a color, but PCP definately would have, PCP ran for a long time and was popular. They never got a number one ranking until they started the devil manga or w/e, even though PCP should have had like 2 covers by then considering its popularity

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Bakuman the manga did, but im talking about Detective Trap/Perfect Crime Party

Trap might not have gotten a cover or a color, but PCP definately would have, PCP ran for a long time and was popular. They never got a number one ranking until they started the devil manga or w/e, even though PCP should have had like 2 covers by then considering its popularity

No, I'm saying that their manga got color pages. Mashiro mentions working on them. The whole thing about become first wasn't about the order their manga was put in in the magazine, it was about becoming first in the popularity polls.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

No, I'm saying that their manga got color pages. Mashiro mentions working on them. The whole thing about become first wasn't about the order their manga was put in in the magazine, it was about becoming first in the popularity polls.

Oh, I thought those were popularity polls you were posting and not TOC orders. Shoot, Ive been wrong all this time then, theres a website that I have a link to at home with tons and tons of back issues of Jump and thier TOC orders, all this time I thought those were poll results.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 28

Koro-sensei is the best buddy teacher.

Interesting to know how the manga addresses how flying at those speeds wouldn't kill the kids. And yay for the return of Ritsu :allears:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Plutonis posted:

Chapter 28

Interesting to know how the manga addresses how flying at those speeds wouldn't kill the kids. And yay for the return of Ritsu :allears:

And ]the second transfer student who seems to have...not nearly as cheerful a backstory as Ritsu. :stare: Can't wait what the next chapter will deliver.

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Chapter 28

I really liked this chapter.

I smiled like an idiot when the two were stuffed awkwardly inside his clothes. I also know way too many people who sound exactly like Karma and Ritsu after coming out of a theater. Plus the movie itself made me imagine Raiden in a Onepunch-Man chapter. All in all quite fulfilling.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated list of Korosensei's "weaknesses":

1. He lets his guard down when he tries to act cool.
2. He is surprisingly quick to panic.
3. He is petty.
4. His punches are weak.
5. He can't resist boobs.
6. He is humble and subservient to his superiors.
7. He has no patience for wire puzzles.
8. He gets motion sickness.
9. He can't sleep on a pillow other then his own.
10. He worries about appearances.
11. He can't handle hot food.
12. His head swells up to 33% larger when he gets wet.
13. He craves juicy gossip.
14. Hackneyed plot developments make him cry.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

JosephWongKS posted:

3. He is petty.
4. His punches are weak.

I can NOT wait for the day they start using these weaknesses on him. They're just so absurd, it'll be wonderful.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

gnome7 posted:

I can NOT wait for the day they start using these weaknesses on him. They're just so absurd, it'll be wonderful.

I want them to use all of them at once. Just set up some kind of crazy loving Rube Goldberg-style device that bounces him through all of his weaknesses until they finally kill him. It'll be glorious.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Sooo... Moon cultists? I mean, that guy's robe has what seems to be the Moon and the Earth on it. Kinda cheesy if they really are just there to avenge the crimes perpetrated against the moon; not that I really mind.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

advokat posted:

Sooo... Moon cultists? I mean, that guy's robe has what seems to be the Moon and the Earth on it. Kinda cheesy if they really are just there to avenge the crimes perpetrated against the moon; not that I really mind.

I kinda like how they're bringing back the whole 'he blew up the loving MOON' thing after downplaying it since the first volume. Because he did blow up the moon. That's kinda big.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Really? Cause it being the work of a bunch of "YOU DARE HARM THE MOON???" crazies instead of whatever organization created Korosensei trying to cull their mistake is a lot funnier to be quite honest.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

advokat posted:

Inferno Cop crossover spotted.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I like how they solved the issue of Ritsu's immobility by having her literally become an iPhone app.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I want a Ritsu app.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Damage the moon first.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gnome7 posted:

The Assassination Classroom twitter account has been posting some pictures.

I really want one.

A little late, but is there anywhere I can order one of these?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pollyanna posted:

Really? Cause it being the work of a bunch of "YOU DARE HARM THE MOON???" crazies instead of whatever organization created Korosensei trying to cull their mistake is a lot funnier to be quite honest.

I just figured that they were using that as something to motivate the guy and give him a reason why he should be attacking his supposed brother, not that they in any way gave a poo poo about the moon.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
It just occured to me that Koro-sensei having a (super?) human brother is probably the best evidence we have so far that he used to be human himself.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
"Brother" in this context could could mean pretty much anything from an actual close relation to a fellow lab-rat. Either way I still think he was human at some point.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

JosephWongKS posted:

A little late, but is there anywhere I can order one of these?

As far as I can tell, sadly, no, there isn't any way to get these right now. I think it's either a prototype, or fan-made, and since I can't read their twitter account I have no idea if either of those guesses are anything close to correct. All I know is that it exists.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I started reading this after the recommendations in the "weird slice-of-life" thread, and god drat if this isn't a ton of fun.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Falls Down Stairs posted:

It just occured to me that Koro-sensei having a (super?) human brother is probably the best evidence we have so far that he used to be human himself.

Wasn't this explicitly stated to be true in an early chapter?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ProfessorProf posted:

Wasn't this explicitly stated to be true in an early chapter?

Not quite explicit, but it's not vague enough to really count as anything more than fact. I'm not sure why the general opinion seems to be that it's a theory.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
He says he was an alien and we've seen him in a more human looking form. The male teacher alluded to it himself as well. It's not 100% sure but I'm treating it that way for now.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Didn't Karasuma literally say "when you were a human" in one earlier chapter?

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I've really been enjoying this because of its lighthearted nature and tone. I hope the author doesn't turn it more serious when the second transfer student is more properly introduced. What I took from the 'brother' comment was more that he's been raised as a weapon or simply in isolation for whatever reason. In essence, something horrible and rather evil has been done to him. I dunno, maybe not and I'm reading to much into the comment and action. I just hope it keeps that lightheartedness to it either way.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/ansatsu_kyoushitsu/v03/c029/1.html

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

3. He is petty.
4. His punches are weak.
15. He gets taken in by rumors.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 6, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The Goku/Raditz panel is probably the hardest I've laughed all week

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Prison Warden posted:

Agreed, but Koro-sensei's half assed face is also great :haw:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

User0015 posted:

I've really been enjoying this because of its lighthearted nature and tone. I hope the author doesn't turn it more serious when the second transfer student is more properly introduced.
Certainly doesn't seem like it!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Agreed, but Koro-sensei's half assed face is also great :haw:

That weird face was the funniest panel in the chapter. Hope it comes back whenever Koro is scared. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

"I am victorious. I have proven myself stronger than this classroom's walls."

That whole bit was by far my favorite, but all those other moments were great too. What a chapter!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I can't stop laughing at DBZ Korosensei and them as babies together.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

My favorite panel was definitely the paranoid baby in the last page.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
What are they eating at the end there?
Edit: Nevermind I found where he labeled it on an earlier page.

Lallander fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 6, 2013

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh man "I am victorious. I have proven myself stronger than this classroom's walls." is absolutely amazing.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Korobaasan was the best, though the Goku/Raditz panel was good, too.

• Locked thread