Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Weeeeee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Is there any reliable way to get Marvel legends variants without paying a crazy amount of money? I reaaaally want that X-Force Archangel, but have basically no interest in the original color scheme. I'm so close to (almost) finishing my team!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dr. Platypus posted:

Is there any reliable way to get Marvel legends variants without paying a crazy amount of money? I reaaaally want that X-Force Archangel, but have basically no interest in the original color scheme. I'm so close to (almost) finishing my team!

Truck days are pretty much your only option. Unless you get lucky on a BBTS or HTS shipment.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dr. Platypus posted:

Aside from the X-Force 3 pack, the single carded figure isn't even on the shelves yet, so I'd wait until there are confirmations that it's in stores before worrying about having to pay ridiculous prices for it. On the same note, there haven't been any sittings of Moonstone or Blade soooooo who knows when we'll see it.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

There's so many ways you could interpret this image, each one gets funnier. Thank You, sir.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Aside from the X-Force 3 pack, the single carded figure isn't even on the shelves yet, so I'd wait until there are confirmations that it's in stores before worrying about having to pay ridiculous prices for it. On the same note, there haven't been any sittings of Moonstone or Blade soooooo who knows when we'll see it.

On this subject, has anyone actually seen a red Deadpool anywhere? I've been looking for it for ages.

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Rhyno posted:

I'm almost afraid to open it for fear of the paint not being too durable. I had issues with one of their products a few years ago where the paint started flaking off within a week of buying the item. I might open it just to remove the bag so I can clearly see the whole statue, haven't decided yet. Green Lantern also came out today but I had two requests for it so I had to order another one for myself. I think I'm going to buy the entire line except for Cyborg.

I wouldn't worry about it, their stuff has gotten a lot better over the years. I've got a bunch of Kotobukiya statues with no paint flaking issues.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dr. Platypus posted:

On this subject, has anyone actually seen a red Deadpool anywhere? I've been looking for it for ages.

No one has seen any of those variants yet. I want the Blade badly.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I just noticed this today, but how is neither Toy Biz nor Hasbro has been able to make a good Mr. Fantastic figure?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bandit64 posted:

I wouldn't worry about it, their stuff has gotten a lot better over the years. I've got a bunch of Kotobukiya statues with no paint flaking issues.

Good to know, I'll open it later tonight

Djarum posted:

I just noticed this today, but how is neither Toy Biz nor Hasbro has been able to make a good Mr. Fantastic figure?

I don't know. It's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There was a Reed Richards toy with rubber, kind of stretchy arms. I remember because I stretched them too much and pulled his arms off. :smith:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am meaning more in terms of a good sculpt and whatnot. The ML5 is ugly all the way around and the F4 wave one is undersized. I wish they would make a updated one. Maybe use the new Bucky buck, make both a F4 and a FF variant. They made a fair looking modern one in that F4 MU pack. Having something like that in Legends would make me happy.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Finally got me the Mad God of Titan. Got the MS Thing, Juggernaut and Venom on the way.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I have the main body and left leg of Iron Monger for the new Iron Man Legends figures that just came out if anybody wants them. Main body came with Iron Patriot and left leg came with Bleeding Edge Iron Man.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I don't think I've mentioned it in this thread before, but the little WWE Rumblers are great little toys. They have a good amount of detail for small figures, and have a really interesting block-y style. K-Mart sells single figures for $2.49 (they're on sale at the moment), and the two-packs usually range from $7.99-8.99. You can also find pretty solid deals on them on Amazon and eBay.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Red posted:

I don't think I've mentioned it in this thread before, but the little WWE Rumblers are great little toys. They have a good amount of detail for small figures, and have a really interesting block-y style. K-Mart sells single figures for $2.49 (they're on sale at the moment), and the two-packs usually range from $7.99-8.99. You can also find pretty solid deals on them on Amazon and eBay.

I have a huge collections of these little guys, but I hate how every time there's a new character it's packed with another Rey, Cena, or Orton. They really need to rerelease Mark Henry as I passed on him the first time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

I have a huge collections of these little guys, but I hate how every time there's a new character it's packed with another Rey, Cena, or Orton. They really need to rerelease Mark Henry as I passed on him the first time.

And Goldust.

And a masked Cody Rhodes. :\

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is there any difference between the Wolverine from the new Hit Monkey Marvel Legends series and the Uncanny X-Force SDCC 3-pack?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cocks Cable posted:

Is there any difference between the Wolverine from the new Hit Monkey Marvel Legends series and the Uncanny X-Force SDCC 3-pack?

Shiny paint.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Ah I see. A reflective material for a covert ops team? Such a daring choice.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cocks Cable posted:

Ah I see. A reflective material for a covert ops team? Such a daring choice.

No the silver parts are chromed paint on the Boxset, where they are more of a matte silver on the packaged figures.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The arms of my Hit Monkey don't want to stay in. Not liking this wave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Matty can't keep their website private and leaks pictures of the new MOTUC stuff: Mantenna, Shokoti, Icer, Batros, and Castaspella.

Plus pictures if NA He-Man with helmet and the huge-rear end Castle Grayskull.

http://bit.ly/TRvFTn

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So I ordered a single blinded KidRobot Street Fighter figure, and got...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Holy poo poo!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat!

Uh, you know, if you wind up with any extra Chun Li figures, hit me up and I'll buy them off of you.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If theres a second image its not loading for me, who'd you get?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Rage posted:

If theres a second image its not loading for me, who'd you get?

The point is that he bought a single figure and received an entire box.

Although your question is also pretty valid. What'd you get?

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Tomorrow is Toy Fair. Boy am I excited to see what Hasbro reveals!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

That makes more sense! I had no perspective for the box, so I figured it was just one in there lol.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

MooselanderII posted:

Same here, I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars "Black" series. And I really can't wait to see NECA's new Aliens and Predator figures.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

MooselanderII posted:

Tomorrow is also Wonder Festival which means we might get our first look at the Marvel Movies Figmas and Nendoroids that were announced but not shown last WonFes

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Actually, it's still sealed. I might hang on to it for a decade and trade or sell it.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

There was a great haul of newly announced Marvel toys today at Toy Fair. Check it out here: http://thefwoosh.com/2013/02/toy-fair-2013-hasbro-showroom

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Ok, now this i'm excited for! DST announced: "Aliens: The 1986 science-fiction classic that drove the Alien franchise to new heights will receive Minimates and Minimate vehicles, as well as electronic vehicles of the Colonial Marines' military transports."

I assume the electronic vehicles will be done in the same fashion as their star trek vehichles.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Oh man I'm not sure I can resist this

More here

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

And NECA has announced they will be making the Alien Queen for x-mas of 2013!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Oh god... is that awesome? I can't even tell. They're seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel with predator ideas. On the other hand LAVA PLANET PREDATOR.