Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

prefect posted:

He said the same kind of stuff about Daner. Has he made this one walk home through the Bronx yet? :)

Or gone to France and gotten in a fist-fight with her?

Don't fool yourselves. Artie will be a mess until he takes his addiction seriously and goes into recovery, which seems about as likely as him getting his old job back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He turns all women into saints like his mother and daner, or whores, like any women besides his mother and daner. He was going off on the sun tan chick he met on the Stern show being the saving grace of his life and so on. Along with drugs, alcohol, food and suicide, Artie also has issues with women. Poor guy, at least he isn't trying to die by hooker anymore.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5qtoNC2l0

I am currently drinking a Cointreau-and-soda. It's pretty good.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I'm going to marry her, she is a saint, an angel, a blessing. Totally not a oval office.

They still do the downloads of the show? I need to catch up on Artie

Yeah, I listen to the podcast (iTunes, Zune, their own website, etc) on my commute to and from work cause I'm long asleep when they actually air. They still stupidly upload them in hourly chunks which I fuckin hate but whatevs.

Kragger99 posted:

I listen to every show. The reason I started listening to Howard was for Artie back in 2009. I gave up on Howard about a year after Artie "left".
It feels like he has more guests on now too. Still really enjoying it.

Same here on all accounts. A single mp3 a friend sent to me when I was like 15 years old is literally why I am even in this thread and a fan, 11 years later :)

deion sanders hosts a beauty pageant.mp3(.flv)

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 6, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah, I listen to the podcast (iTunes, Zune, their own website, etc) on my commute to and from work cause I'm long asleep when they actually air. They still stupidly upload them in hourly chunks which I fuckin hate but whatevs.

Same here on all accounts. A single mp3 a friend sent to me when I was like 15 years old is literally why I am even in this thread and a fan, 11 years later :)

deion sanders hosts a beauty pageant.mp3(.flv)

Missouri ask...

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Manifest posted:

Don't fool yourselves. Artie will be a mess until he takes his addiction seriously and goes into recovery, which seems about as likely as him getting his old job back.
I remember there were a couple weeks where Artie talked about wanting a kid because he thought it would help him get his poo poo together. He kept saying things like about how he wanted to see the kid's reaction the first time he took him to Yankee Stadium. I felt bad for that unborn baby Baby Gorilla. :ohdear:

buttscratch fever
Feb 6, 2013

by T. Mascis
So is Artie back on booze/drugs for sure, then? I thought he was off everything after he stabbed himself a bunch of times

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

He's off everything except junk food and cigarettes as far as anyone knows.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I though the "Artie is out to get rid of Nick" theory had superseded the "Artie's out because he's back on the poo poo" theory.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So do we know what happened there exactly? If we don't can I pretend it was the most public (within DirecTV) humiliating and emasculating embarrassment Nick Dipaolo will ever endure and will be bitter over for the rest of his life?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

So do we know what happened there exactly? If we don't can I pretend it was the most public (within DirecTV) humiliating and emasculating embarrassment Nick Dipaolo will ever endure and will be bitter over for the rest of his life?

I thought the popular story was that Nick wanted to take the show in a conservative talk radio direction, and Ken Cole could not defend that internally.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FogHelmut posted:

I thought the popular story was that Nick wanted to take the show in a conservative talk radio direction, and Ken Cole could not defend that internally.

:stare: Really? I hadn't heard that. If that's what was actually happening, then good on Artie for forcing Nick out.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

I dunno...I have a hard time believing he's dumb enough to really think Artie would have been okay with that at all- especially since Artie barely keeps it about sports. If that is true that makes Artie making headlines defending possible gays in the NFL in the first month of his show even sweeter.

Ballsy move by Nick though. If true that was possibly his long term plan from day one since conservative radio is so lucrative these days. Glad it blew up in his face.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

cmhn74 posted:

He's off everything except junk food and cigarettes as far as anyone knows.

Ha ha ha.
Have you seen the clips of the Nick and Artie show where he's taking heroin naps?
The dude is a heroin addict and raging alcoholic. That's not the kind of thing you just stop doing.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
If you know PHP or know how to run small scripts, here's a small PHP script I wrote to download the Artie show every day:

php:
<?
#!/usr/bin/env php
<?php

$date date('n.j.y'time()-86400);

$cmdFmt 'wget "https://nickandartie.blob.core.windows.net/podcasts/%s-Hour-%d-Nick-and-Artie.MP3" -O artie-lange-%s-%d.mp3';

for ($i=1$i<=3$i++) {
    $cmd sprintf($cmdFmt$date$i$date$i);
    shell_exec($cmd);
}?>
I like that the MP3 is still named Nick-and-Artie.MP3.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

musclecoder posted:

If you know PHP or know how to run small scripts, here's a small PHP script I wrote to download the Artie show every day:

php:
<?
#!/usr/bin/env php
<?php

$date date('n.j.y'time()-86400);

$cmdFmt 'wget "https://nickandartie.blob.core.windows.net/podcasts/%s-Hour-%d-Nick-and-Artie.MP3" -O artie-lange-%s-%d.mp3';

for ($i=1$i<=3$i++) {
    $cmd sprintf($cmdFmt$date$i$date$i);
    shell_exec($cmd);
}?>
I like that the MP3 is still named Nick-and-Artie.MP3.

iTunes will download it if you have that. I use BeyondPod on my Android phone. It's nice that I didn't have to change anything after the show name changed.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
It was amazing hearing everyone argue where Turkey was because I had the same argument with people

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Anyone listen to the Joel McHale interview yesterday? I wish he would've said to Howard "Hey remember when you made fun of celebrities too instead of just tonguing their rear end in a top hat all the time because of your wife?"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Did they talk about Joel's fake hair, or hair transplant or whatever?

Man nobody ever talks about that. He must have great PR people.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

haljordan posted:

Anyone listen to the Joel McHale interview yesterday? I wish he would've said to Howard "Hey remember when you made fun of celebrities too instead of just tonguing their rear end in a top hat all the time because of your wife?"

But he's THE GREATEST INTERVIEWER OF ALL TIME.

Seriously, you can directly draw a line between Howard getting married, and the decline of the show.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Manifest posted:

Ha ha ha.
Have you seen the clips of the Nick and Artie show where he's taking heroin naps?
The dude is a heroin addict and raging alcoholic. That's not the kind of thing you just stop doing.

I hate to admit this, because it really is full of a lot of spiritual horseshit and self-fellating, but the book you wanna read that most accurately depicts addiction first-hand is "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis.

I love the band, and the mans music, and its a solid read, but man is it hard to slog through some of the head-up-his-own-rear end-inhaling-farts to get to the meat.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Manifest posted:

Ha ha ha.

Those clips don't suggest heroin use, that was dumb sensationalism. If you listen to the show he's perfectly lucid.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

ragle posted:

Those clips don't suggest heroin use, that was dumb sensationalism. If you listen to the show he's perfectly lucid.

You don't just quit heroin without going sober, and everyone knows Artie isn't sober. poo poo, he admits it freely.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Manifest posted:

You don't just quit heroin without going sober, and everyone knows Artie isn't sober. poo poo, he admits it freely.

Maybe I have missed something. Artie went to rehab after his suicide attempt and has mentioned several times on-air he doesn't drink anymore.

http://www.laughspin.com/2011/07/21/artie-lange-confirms-his-return-to-radio-new-show-debuts-sept-12/

quote:

July 21, 2011

The comedian did, however, divulge that in the last year and a half he’s been in three psychiatric wards and two rehab centers

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
In this video he says "I'm clean but happy" [at the end] and that he's not done heroin in 3 years. Published on Sep 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELVBHsX5-1E

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
On Tuesday or Wednesday they were doing some more staff revelations and Howard revealed that this past summer he and Beth were strongly considering having a child but that Howard backed down at the last minute. I bet she is pregnant by the end of 2013.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Evil Agita posted:

Did they talk about Joel's fake hair, or hair transplant or whatever?

Man nobody ever talks about that. He must have great PR people.

Haha that didn't come up, unfortunately. I really am fascinated by Chevy Chase, though. Here's a guy who hasn't been relevant in the comedy scene for about 30 years, yet somehow manages to land a role on a network sitcom (which is still a big deal no matter what anyone says) and he shits all over it at any given turn. Its beyond logic. I mean, "Caddyshack" is a funny movie but Chevy still acts like he's the most famous and popular comedian in the galaxy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

haljordan posted:

Haha that didn't come up, unfortunately. I really am fascinated by Chevy Chase, though. Here's a guy who hasn't been relevant in the comedy scene for about 30 years, yet somehow manages to land a role on a network sitcom (which is still a big deal no matter what anyone says) and he shits all over it at any given turn. Its beyond logic. I mean, "Caddyshack" is a funny movie but Chevy still acts like he's the most famous and popular comedian in the galaxy.

He amazingly trolled Howard's wedding. I wish I could have been there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

He amazingly trolled Howard's wedding. I wish I could have been there.

From all reports, Donald Trump did not approve of his speech.

Which makes me like Chevy Chase a lot more.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

I think he is pretty cool, because he just doesn't give a gently caress anymore. He's pretty great on community too

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

I think he is pretty cool, because he just doesn't give a gently caress anymore. He's pretty great on community too

It seems that way but it turns out he's an arrogant prick who doesn't give a poo poo about anyone or anything not named Chevy Chase. He's been universally loathed and despised at every job he's ever had dating back to the original SNL cast who all but hated him to a person. He's a jackass.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I've learned to separate celebs and their personalities, as long as they don't skin babies for sport or something equally horrible, I give them a pass. Also I'm probably never going to work with him, so whatever, chase on chaser.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Comedy Central roast of Chevy Chase is the best one I've ever seen because Chevy is such a humorless bastard.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

I've learned to separate celebs and their personalities, as long as they don't skin babies for sport or something equally horrible, I give them a pass. Also I'm probably never going to work with him, so whatever, chase on chaser.

It's simply too easy to not be like Chevy Chase, celeb or not, that's why I never give people like him a pass. There's way too many honest, genuinely nice celebs out there for me to say "sure Chevy, you were relevant 40 years ago, it's OK to treat everyone around you like dirt".

But whatever, opinions are opinions.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
I have to say, Howard's interview with Jewel was something else. The whole time I felt the two had some sort of deeply intimate respect for one another. Or maybe that's just Jewel's demeanor. I haven't heard her previous interviews on the show.

Either or, A+. I'll be listening to that one again.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Performula posted:

I have to say, Howard's interview with Jewel was something else. The whole time I felt the two had some sort of deeply intimate respect for one another. Or maybe that's just Jewel's demeanor. I haven't heard her previous interviews on the show.

Either or, A+. I'll be listening to that one again.

I've heard at least one of her previous appearances, and she comes across as a super-sweet hippie-type person, so that may be part of it.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
I actually really feel bad for Beth I get the feeling Beth was pleading with Howard that she wanted a child and Howard shut the whole thing down as much as everyone hates her she clearly has a lot of love to give and hermit Howie is too busy watching the bachelor on his iPad to be truly intimate with a person who isn't his shrink leading to her eventually becoming a 60 year old widow sitting in her big fancy expensive Hamptons home with a thousand cats.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Beth seems like a really nice woman. Every YouTube I've ever seen of her and Howard makes me feel bad for her.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've said that before. Despite being a model, leading a charmed life, etc, she seems super nice. When their dog died and people sent donations to the NSAL, she hand-wrote thank you cards. That's a pretty cool gesture, politics of the organization aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

I dunno about that, she seems pretty horrible here, that poor lady, she looks like she just pissed off god and is trying to crawl away into the darkness.