Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

While leveling, I wouldn't bother with anything other than tier 1 relics in your LIs. For a LI you're going to be melting down in a few hours, why put more than the minimum in it? I would however highly recommend grabbing one of the damage type scrolls from Dolven View (I assume they are still there?) and changing your weapon's damage to something other than common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Are they planning on making it easier to get a Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor with update 10 since they're introducing level 85 first age items? I maxed out weaponsmithing as my first crafting guild and had forgot you needed a Tarnished Symbol to make a second age weapon. I've been farming Bugud almost daily since about a month ago and have yet to see one drop. I don't really have time to raid so I have to rely on more casual-friendly methods.

edit: lesson learned to not play when I've just woken up. I accidentally made myself a Battle Sword of Eomer with Might instead of Agility for my burglar and naturally equipped it before I realized my mistake. There goes a tarnished crest (good thing I have 5 more), a large eastemnet emblem and 3 high-quality riddermark ingots. To add insult to injury, the recipe has a 6+ day cooldown.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 6, 2013

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
It's going to be available for marks/medallions at skirmish camps in u10.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there anything worse than scraping together components for a new 2nd age LI, only for it to have the worst possible combination of stats & legacies when you put it all together?

Great sword with +power and power regen ugh. 3 days till I can try again.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Dosvidanya posted:

It's going to be available for marks/medallions at skirmish camps in u10.

Ah, I thought I read that before but wasn't sure. Is there any reason to farm Bugud anymore then if you don't mind waiting until u10?

I feel the slow process of burnout happening to me again, always happens when I start to invest more and more time into the game. I've made it 6 months this time which is longer than usual. In that time frame I got a captain from 75 to 85 and a burglar from 46 to 85, plus maxed out a lot of crafting professions and I'm over halfway through the Hytbold grind. Maybe the new region coming out in the spring will hit at just the right time to keep me playing for a while longer before taking a break until West Rohan, but I'm getting increasingly doubtful I'll make it to May which is probably when Wildermore will come out.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 6, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Grind Bugud now in hopes of not having to grind 10,000 marks or whatever it's going to be.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

ruffz posted:

Ah, I thought I read that before but wasn't sure. Is there any reason to farm Bugud anymore then if you don't mind waiting until u10?

I feel the slow process of burnout happening to me again, always happens when I start to invest more and more time into the game. I've made it 6 months this time which is longer than usual. In that time frame I got a captain from 75 to 85 and a burglar from 46 to 85, plus maxed out a lot of crafting professions and I'm over halfway through the Hytbold grind. Maybe the new region coming out in the spring will hit at just the right time to keep me playing for a while longer before taking a break until West Rohan, but I'm getting increasingly doubtful I'll make it to May which is probably when Wildermore will come out.

The Hytbold grind really got to me, starting the LM and looking forward to Mounted combat on that class is keeping me interested. At least I don't have to do the full Hytbold grind again, but even so hard to get motivation to run the dailies to get the tokens for alt gear.

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 6, 2013

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I got my burglar's Hytbold set early on and have about 18 days left in the rebuild process, plus 10 days to get the 250 tokens for my captain set, then probably several more days to get the housing items I want. I'd be surprised if I make it even with the dailies taking maybe 20 minutes. Starting to feel that lack of motivation to log in. It would be so much better if Hytbold tokens were account-bound instead of character-bound since I have two 85s and could knock everything out twice as fast. They'll probably nerf the grind right after I complete it just to be assholes.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Interesting, looks like you will be able to buy First Age symbols at the skirmish camp as well as Second Age when U10 comes out. Will need to complete a T1 raid deed to unlock them but then can farm seals however until you get enough. Pretty nice change in my opinion, like that they are adding multiple routes to get gear.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Where is this list of changes they're making?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Saw the symbol discussion here:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?500222-First-Age-Symbols-in-Skirmish-Camps.

and patch notes:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?500173-UPDATE-10-PRELIMINARY-RELEASE-NOTES-Bullroarer-Only-(2)-SUBJECT-TO-CHANGE

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Guardian
Increased the power return of the Guardian skill 'Catch a Breath'

How incredibly unnecessary.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Fried Sushi posted:

Interesting, looks like you will be able to buy First Age symbols at the skirmish camp as well as Second Age when U10 comes out. Will need to complete a T1 raid deed to unlock them but then can farm seals however until you get enough. Pretty nice change in my opinion, like that they are adding multiple routes to get gear.

I read a bit through a couple threads about this on the LOTRO forums and all the mouthbreathers are up in arms because it makes it easier for casuals to get first ages. Won't somebody think of the fat unemployed raider contingent? :negative:

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

sassassin posted:

How incredibly unnecessary.

Sounds like they are making a lot of changes to fate and icpr and so adjusting a lot of current skills that affect power. Might be with the changes the power return on that skill was insufficient.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In particular, Champs are getting nerfed with higher power costs and lower stance ICPR bonuses, because, quote, "it was very difficult to run out of power." Guess they never saw me play. :argh:

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

In particular, Champs are getting nerfed with higher power costs and lower stance ICPR bonuses, because, quote, "it was very difficult to run out of power." Guess they never saw me play. :argh:

Yeah but I think they are talking about on test with the changes to fate and icpr. Hopefully they get the balance right, remember back in SoA and Moria one of the perks to being a champ was you pretty much never had to worry about power while in Fervour stance, not sure their fix to require hitting second wind on cooldown was the best option.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fried Sushi posted:

Yeah but I think they are talking about on test with the changes to fate and icpr. Hopefully they get the balance right, remember back in SoA and Moria one of the perks to being a champ was you pretty much never had to worry about power while in Fervour stance, not sure their fix to require hitting second wind on cooldown was the best option.

Even in Mirkwood i don't ever recall power being an issue for my champ.

Running an instance and someone goes AFK, causing a fight to take 5-10 minutes? End fight with 50+% power remaining while others struggled without power battery support.

ruffz posted:

I read a bit through a couple threads about this on the LOTRO forums and all the mouthbreathers are up in arms because it makes it easier for casuals to get first ages. Won't somebody think of the fat unemployed raider contingent? :negative:

How dare Turbine nerf the hardcore raiding MMO known as LotRO. :argh:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My favorite post from the First Age Symbols discussion:

a very important LOTRO player posted:

I guarantee Turbine they will lose a lot players if they pull this through. T2 raiders, who already get very little improvement for their endeavours and now taking this one big thing away (not so much in dps increase but in having the thing itself already), will cost them. Me and a couple kinnies already looking for new games now we heard this. And that would mean the end of 1 of the 3 core raiding kins on Gilrain. Way to go!

Way to GO Turbine, you've mildly inconvenienced three people from one of the three core raiding kins on Gilrain, who were already in the process of *gulp* playing a different game. Do you know who he is? :argh:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

loquacius posted:

My favorite post from the First Age Symbols discussion:

Way to GO Turbine, you've mildly inconvenienced three people from one of the three core raiding kins on Gilrain, who were already in the process of *gulp* playing a different game. Do you know who he is? :argh:

Not even mildly inconvenienced. Just made their internet numbers marginally less special.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xZAOx posted:

Not even mildly inconvenienced. Just made their internet numbers marginally less special.

If anything, LotRO needs more accessible raids. I shouldn't have to know the arcane secret name/password of a special chat channel to do end game content. I don't know if things are still like this, but back when OD was the endgame; you could only do raids by participating in a tryhard circlejerk, where you were expected to know exactly what to do the very 1st time by people who would offer absolutely no guidance. I don't mean basic things like aggro management or keeping trash adds under CC, that's a given... I mean things like what special place in the room to stand or what to do when the boss says a certain thing.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 6, 2013

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
While that happens in every MMO, including when poo poo has just come out and literally nobody has learned the instance yet (Aion spergs :argh:) LotRO seems more forgiving of it even though some pockets of insanity exist.

e: Also as far as raid content goes, whatever they add for Helm's Deep should include a 12 man marathon "you're in from start to finish" raid skirmish. Start off fighting at the front, falling back and maybe even split up the team, sending 6 into the keep and 6 into the tunnels with Gimli, then meeting up further on in the run.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 7, 2013

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I really hope we can see something revolutionary to deal with the big battles that are starting to come up. The easiest kind of thing would be sort of a progressing, instanced open grouping thing like what exists in Rift or GW2, but some kind of dynamic battle system with lots of enemies advancing and retreating depending how well you and the other players fight would be kind of cool. At worst, it will be a skirmish, and nobody wants to see that, I don't think.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

I really hope we can see something revolutionary to deal with the big battles that are starting to come up. The easiest kind of thing would be sort of a progressing, instanced open grouping thing like what exists in Rift or GW2, but some kind of dynamic battle system with lots of enemies advancing and retreating depending how well you and the other players fight would be kind of cool. At worst, it will be a skirmish, and nobody wants to see that, I don't think.

That would be a dream, but the realist in me thinks that this isn't possible with the current game engine. I wonder if there's any chance we'll see an engine upgrade in the next couple years if the current one can't handle large scale battles.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
The RoI sort of shows their attempts at "big battles" so far, and I'm kind of expecting to see these techniques show up for Helm's Deep as well. They're all tricks to make things seem bigger than is really going on, but I thought they were semi effective, too. There's that one fight in a fortress where you basically seem to set the whole drat place on fire by the end and it feels kind of like you're a part of a really big fight. When you escape your doom you arrive at an overlook of the place and see hundreds of bad guys roaming around which are actually just sprites moving around.

And then with Theodred's strike at Isengard they have maybe a handful of real mobs you ever fight but you're surrounded by noisy animating orcs and riders. Both of these felt like developer attempts at "poo poo, we need to do Helm's Deep someday. Let's see what tricks we can pull off."

Then again, I don't know if they ever even tried that in any Rohan content that I can remember. All of the fights felt pretty small, no armies smacking into eachother. Even the fight where an entire village is essentially destroyed was pretty tame and uninteresting.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 7, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Does anyone know how to make global hotkeys work from inside LOTRO? For instance i press ctrl-alt-home to pause music in Winamp normally, but when I'm playing lotro it doesn't work.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does anyone know how to make global hotkeys work from inside LOTRO? For instance i press ctrl-alt-home to pause music in Winamp normally, but when I'm playing lotro it doesn't work.

They disable the Windows key, so they've probably disabled everything else. There might be a way of bypassing it, but nothing obvious that I've run into.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I've given the game enough of a spin that I'm really interested in getting into it beyond F2P, if only for the sheer atmosphere the game seems to drip. I'm only level 10 right now, but I really don't want to be missing out on content, so I have to ask what the best route to take is, since it seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck looking up what people recommend, and the chart in the OP is down: Should I go VIP and just worry about expansions later, or do I grab an expansion to get the month of free VIP first? Expansions plural? What the hell am I looking at here?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Syrnn posted:

I've given the game enough of a spin that I'm really interested in getting into it beyond F2P, if only for the sheer atmosphere the game seems to drip. I'm only level 10 right now, but I really don't want to be missing out on content, so I have to ask what the best route to take is, since it seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck looking up what people recommend, and the chart in the OP is down: Should I go VIP and just worry about expansions later, or do I grab an expansion to get the month of free VIP first? Expansions plural? What the hell am I looking at here?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3524509&userid=112406&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post411517430 is what you're looking for.

The game is basically free through level 30.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Syrnn posted:

Wait till you're done with the bree lands, then decide whether you like the look of North Downs or the Lone Lands more.

When you decide on Lone lands, keep playing until the free stuff runs out, then decide if you want to go vip or just buy quest packs like I have.

VIP only really covers lv 30-45, then you hit moria and other expansions which are an extra fee anyway.

Hysterix
Dec 4, 2011
Someone was asking about skills for a Captain skirmish archer, so here are the basics (which apply to all soldiers to different extents.) First, when you go to the skirmish trainer, there are 4 tabs. From left to right, they are in descending order of importance.

1) You get the most bang for your buck by leveling up the attributes of your soldier. Keep this at your level.

2) Second in importance is the skill panel. For the archer, I do deadly shot, pinpoint shot, and wounding arrow. The important thing to remember is that the AI is horrible. If you have a healer soldier and give it both the power restore and the health restore skills, it will invariably use its power restore when you're at 50hps. Don't confuse the AI- give your soldier one job and then give it the skills for that job only.

3) The skill panel is also useful, but it is not especially important to max out until you're max level doing raid skirms. For an archer for a cappy (or any physical dps) I most prefer armor penetration, then practiced critical, then physical potency. The cappy is healing the soldier, so you don't need to put points into healing skills.

4) The personal tab is the least important. These are bonuses that you get while in a skirmish when your soldier is alive. I pick up battle master for crit for more rally cries always. If you're dying too much, pick up strong of will for tactical mitigation.

Also, remember that there is a sliding scale for how much you pay for your skirmish training. The closer to your level, the more expensive the skill. This means that if you are skirmishing while leveling, you are paying a premium because all of your skills were bought at their most expensive. A cool option at max level: scroll of skirmish mark refund from the store. I got a refund, re-bought all of my skills up to rank 40 (max) and still had 10k skirmish marks leftover. This is also good because for raid skirms, it's better to have an herbalist pet. I typically use a class-appropriate pet up to max, then refund and buy an herbalist.

Oh, and one person might want to have the bannerguard pet for a raid skirm. The bannerguard is very powerful. The downside is it runs out ahead and aggros stuff, so you're best off if a situationally aware ranged class picks up the bannerguard.

One last thing: pineleaf has excellent skirmish resources at casual stroll to mordor and at his site.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

sassassin posted:

Wait till you're done with the bree lands, then decide whether you like the look of North Downs or the Lone Lands more.

When you decide on Lone lands, keep playing until the free stuff runs out, then decide if you want to go vip or just buy quest packs like I have.

VIP only really covers lv 30-45, then you hit moria and other expansions which are an extra fee anyway.

So, did my crazy quest to do all solo'able quests in every zone, as well as all of volume 1. I just finished vol 1 last night, which left me at level 56.

So, if you're a masochist like me, you can get quite a few levels from VIP before paying for any expansions, if that's important to you. To me, seeing all the content was important. Yes, it makes me overleveled for everything, but I'm fine with that, as long as the quests aren't gray (light blue was the most common, with dips into green and dark blue at times).

To the original question - the linked post is a great breakdown, but obviously if there's no sales it changes a bit. I went this path, going for "spend the least amount of money, and only as I need it":

-leveled to 20
-went vip for one month ($15)
-did every pre-Moria zone
-buy Mithril edition ($20 - comes with 2000 TP that you'll need to buy some store only content anyways, so it can't really be beat)

That's all I really need right now, but when I get done with Moria, to keep on my "do all zones" quest:

-do Loth (comes with Mithril)
-buy triple pack on steam ($40, gives full Moria too, not just the quest pack of Mithril edition, and again at that price you can't beat it as a way to get Isengard and Mirkwood)
-buy Enedwaith and Great river quest packs as I reach them (free with the 2000 TP that comes with Mithril edition)
-buy Rohan ($40 I think?)

Obviously the hope is that some sales happen along the way, and I can jump on them then. When I want to deed grind I'll probably end up buying the Eriador quest pack bundle (4000 TP), as well as on a TP sale buy a bunch of points to get those few remaining instances, maybe skirms (I haven't done skirms really yet, haven't been interested in them).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hysterix posted:

This is also good because for raid skirms, it's better to have an herbalist pet. I typically use a class-appropriate pet up to max, then refund and buy an herbalist.

Question because I have a captain near level cap and have never done a raid skirmish: If most people in the skirm are rocking herbalists, do you still want to trait Hands of Healing, or can will the extra healing everybody has allow you more flexibility in your traits? I ask because I'm hopelessly addicted to Master of War in solo play and get cranky if I can't toss off a Battle-Readying 1.5x damage Shadow's Lament every single time it comes off cooldown without sacrificing a Rallying Cry for it. (I think having a champ as my main was a bad influence.) If I were able to trait that in a raid without everyone getting mad at me, I'd be a lot more amenable to doing raid skirms in the first place.

e: Also I like having a ghost friend (:ghost::hf::3:) but the Shadow's Laments are the more important part.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

xZAOx posted:

So, did my crazy quest to do all solo'able quests in every zone, as well as all of volume 1. I just finished vol 1 last night, which left me at level 56.

So, if you're a masochist like me, you can get quite a few levels from VIP before paying for any expansions, if that's important to you. To me, seeing all the content was important. Yes, it makes me overleveled for everything, but I'm fine with that, as long as the quests aren't gray (light blue was the most common, with dips into green and dark blue at times).

You are insane, and could have seen 'all the content' by playing an alt.

I've found any quest my level or under extremely tedious (in an 'I don't even have to look at the screen during combat' kind of way). Once the 100% hit chance kicks in it's just pressing the same few buttons every time.

Apart from a few fellowship-scale quests that I'm dead set on doing, I've been deleting quests from my log once they go white.

Hysterix
Dec 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

Question because I have a captain near level cap and have never done a raid skirmish: If most people in the skirm are rocking herbalists, do you still want to trait Hands of Healing, or can will the extra healing everybody has allow you more flexibility in your traits? I ask because I'm hopelessly addicted to Master of War in solo play and get cranky if I can't toss off a Battle-Readying 1.5x damage Shadow's Lament every single time it comes off cooldown without sacrificing a Rallying Cry for it. (I think having a champ as my main was a bad influence.) If I were able to trait that in a raid without everyone getting mad at me, I'd be a lot more amenable to doing raid skirms in the first place.

e: Also I like having a ghost friend (:ghost::hf::3:) but the Shadow's Laments are the more important part.

It really depends. The sure way to go Master of War in a raid skirm is when you or a buddy starts/leads the skirmish. You probably will have a tough time getting an invite if you're not there as a healer/support. Captain dps is better as MoW, but it's like trying to dig a hole with a thimble. You're using the wrong tool. That's not to say that I haven't been MoW in a raid skirm, but only if there are two minis and another cappy healing and I didn't tell anyone.

Basically, if there are 12, and 2 are pure healers and there's an HOH captain already, it will probably be fine.

Edited: I don't think this is right, but there is a huge bias at the moment that cappys should be HoH. Skraids aren't hard enough to warrant this bias, IMO. Really, unless you're doing T2 challenges or solo healing a 3 man, it shouldn't be necessary to be HoH. The problem is that there are bad cappys who also happen to be MoW primarily (at least on Brandywine) who are spoiling the fun for the rest of us.

Hysterix fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 7, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sassassin posted:

Some people enjoy the journey more the destination. I'm doing the same as Zao, I spent about a week doing grey quests in the Shire for the hell of it and it took half of North Downs before I saw a green quest but I'm still loving the game.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I made the deliberate choice during leveling to stop taking quests when I began to over level them just so I had something possibly to do while playing an alt, unless they obviously were a part of a chain. The theory was that my alt experience would be somewhat different. However, my highest alt is level 26 and he's going through content I haven't seen in 3 or 4 years so it all feels new anyway.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

sassassin posted:

I've found any quest my level or under extremely tedious (in an 'I don't even have to look at the screen during combat' kind of way). Once the 100% hit chance kicks in it's just pressing the same few buttons every time.

Apart from a few fellowship-scale quests that I'm dead set on doing, I've been deleting quests from my log once they go white.

Pft, alts are for spies.

I just enjoy doing everything on one toon. It's how I've played MMOs/RPGs always. Just how my brain is wired. To each their own!

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

xZAOx posted:

To the original question - the linked post is a great breakdown, but obviously if there's no sales it changes a bit. I went this path, going for "spend the least amount of money, and only as I need it":

-leveled to 20
-went vip for one month ($15)
-did every pre-Moria zone
-buy Mithril edition ($20 - comes with 2000 TP that you'll need to buy some store only content anyways, so it can't really be beat)

That's all I really need right now, but when I get done with Moria, to keep on my "do all zones" quest:

-do Loth (comes with Mithril)
-buy triple pack on steam ($40, gives full Moria too, not just the quest pack of Mithril edition, and again at that price you can't beat it as a way to get Isengard and Mirkwood)
-buy Enedwaith and Great river quest packs as I reach them (free with the 2000 TP that comes with Mithril edition)
-buy Rohan ($40 I think?)

Obviously the hope is that some sales happen along the way, and I can jump on them then. When I want to deed grind I'll probably end up buying the Eriador quest pack bundle (4000 TP), as well as on a TP sale buy a bunch of points to get those few remaining instances, maybe skirms (I haven't done skirms really yet, haven't been interested in them).

Sheer recklessness! You don't need to hope, the sales will happen. They're pretty cyclical, and a person will end up paying more in the long run by just waiting to pick stuff up when the urge hits. This game's expertly structured to nickel-and-dime impulse buyers.

For instance waiting to buy Enedwaith and Great River till you reach them, which in all likelihood means at full price, would be about $14. They're $10 or less on sale. Using TP from mithril doesn't make them free, 2000TP is $20. The TP/cash equivalence becomes a lot more obvious once you've burned through all the promotional TP available and are left with just deeds and the store.

You paid $15 for VIP up front, and expect to pay $40 (full price) for the triple pack. That'll be $55, same as if you'd bought the Moria retail box first and the other two later except by waiting to get MoM till VIP wears off, you are going to end up with 2 characters without unlocks. That won't bother you because you don't like alts, but most players will find themselves rolling character #4 eventually, or decide to try a Warden or RK, and they're going to be paying to unlock the things they've grown accustomed to. Account-wide bags 4&5 and currency cap restriction lifts would cost them another $23 at that point.

That Eriador quest bundle isn't worth it once you've bought Mithril. After redundancies (even if you haven't bought Enedwaith yet) what doesn't overlap runs 3970 TP at full price, slightly cheaper than the bundle. Easy enough to find out later, but if your plan to just get the bundle makes you skip a sale on any of these zones that'll be even more TP wasted along with the opportunity cost of returning to some of those zones sooner.

Finally by deferring your zone purchases for later, you probably rushed through half of those zones to get the most of your month of VIP (or else you have more free time than I do). As someone who wants to see and enjoy all the content that'd bother me. You expect to buy them anyway for deed grinds and instance access so you'll end up paying the same in the long run, but will have missed out on what (IMO) is the cream of permanent ownership- doing a new zone at your leisure without a ticking sub over your head.

Madness, madness I say. Sassassin's crazy too you're both nuts.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Then again the sales have been poo poo since christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Remy Marathe posted:

Madness, madness I say. Sassassin's crazy too you're both nuts.

Hehe, yeah, I don't deny that.

I didn't rush through, but I had a stupid amount of free-time the past few weeks as my current job was winding down and I could play during the day 2-3 days a week. That's over now though. I have over a week /played already.

And I don't doubt you on "the sales will happen", but it's a matter of "I'm ready for Moria now". It's not doing it on impulse, it's that I've exhausted the rest of the game at this point.

I forgot about the math behind the Eriador bundle, thanks for reminding me. I had done it at one point but forgot the outcome. It's true that I haven't exhausted deeds, but I started to (to at least unlock the last part of the Slayer chains, then I wouldn't need to buy them at all, since I don't do alts), but it was too mind numbing, and I wasn't enjoying it.

If I had known how much I was going to enjoy the game, I definitely would've just jumped on the sales right when I started (Mithril for $10, Steam stuff at 50%).

• Locked thread