Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How come we have two Netflix threads, anyways? Why don't we just consolidate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When did they add Lars and the Real Girl? I've been keeping an eye out for that one and was surprised to see it on my recommendations last night.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Naked Gun, Naked Gun 2 1/2 and Naked Gun 33 1/3rd are now streaming.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Naked Gun, Naked Gun 2 1/2 and Naked Gun 33 1/3rd are now streaming.

Yes yes and yes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When did they add Lars and the Real Girl? I've been keeping an eye out for that one and was surprised to see it on my recommendations last night.

Watched it last night and it was really cute and had some really awkward and cringe-inducing scenes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil last night, and really enjoyed it. I don't want to give away too much on the central premise but if you like comedies and slasher movies you will probably like this one.

Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk (Reaper and Firefly, respectively) star and are funny as hell.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Last time I tried watching it, it was a German dub. I was very confused in that first scene. I'll give it another try if it's been fixed

e: hooray

Teeter has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Feb 1, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Naked Gun is the best baseball movie of all time.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I really have to suggest watching BloodRayne: the Third Reich and then Blubberella back to back. Hopefully while drinking A LOT. You will probably never see two worse movies.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Frankenstyle posted:

Good lord. I'm watching Iron Sky right now

Everyone should be watching Iron Sky right now. It's amazing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I watched it the other day. I'm still not sure how to feel about it. After the credits ended, I turned to my dog and said "Well, that certainly was a movie."

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Pope Mobile posted:

I watched it the other day. I'm still not sure how to feel about it. After the credits ended, I turned to my dog and said "Well, that certainly was a movie."

What was your dog's opinion?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

substitute posted:

I'm sure he thought it was rough.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

substitute posted:

He stared at me for a bit, came to the realization that I didn't say "treat?" or "outside?" and reverted to licking his genitals.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Queen of Versailles is really interesting, and rather different than I expected. She's a little out-of-touch, but nothing like I'd sort of been led to believe. Actually, I side with her over many of the other folks in the film.

Pick has a new favorite as of 07:22 on Feb 9, 2013

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
The house keeper is the only person with a straight head in that movie, and maybe the limo driver. It's still a good watch though.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Just noticed the most recent Futurama season is now on instant.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Crowley posted:

The house keeper is the only person with a straight head in that movie, and maybe the limo driver. It's still a good watch though.

She's a compulsive shopper, but she's not stupid. In fact, without the housekeepers, we'd see for for what she is: 100% hoarder. We see her buying multiples of things where multiples aren't useful (Yahtzee sets), being obsessed with giving things that nobody really needs, etc. Too many dogs, none of them apparently housetrained (you'd think rich people would realize there are dog trainers out there). She's trying to cut down--shopping at Wal-Mart, etc.--so it's clear she knows there's a problem, but she just can't not acquire things. She talks a bit about the lack of stability in her life (including her former husband beating her to the point he was jailed for it). I wouldn't be surprised if that's a major contributor. She's not dense; she needs therapy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you like any of these things, you might like this TV show:

Comedy Bang! Bang! got added. It's a bizarre, off-beat fake talk show from the creators of Mr. Show starring Scott Aukerman and Reggie Watts, featuring guest such as:

And many other guests from the underground comedy world playing goofy, ridiculous characters, such as Paul F. Tompkins (Cake Boss, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber,) Nick Kroll (La Chupacabra,) Andy Daly (Don Dimello,) Bob Odenkirk (some ridiculous bird watcher child star dude.)

Unconvinced? Here are some GIFs from the show:

Still somehow unconvinced? Well, gently caress you, it's a half hour comedy show available on Netflix Instant. It's your stupid idiot loving dumbass fault if you don't take your goddamn precious idiot time to watch it. Christ.

It also just got renewed for a 20 episode second season, so you don't have to feel really sad that there're never going to be any more episodes when you finish watching it!

scary ghost dog has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Feb 12, 2013

bobby.vs.shark
Apr 4, 2007
bears on the attack, but he can lick my ballsack

Thank you so much!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Here's some more cool pics:

And if you like CBB TV, here's the SA thread about the podcast: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438803
It has a slightly different sensibility from the show, but it is wonderful and would be a good fit for Netflix season-bingers considering there are 200 episodes to listen to.

cymbalrush
Jul 12, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

comedy bang bang

Oh my god this is actually funny. Thank you so much!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I think I've watched at least half of the Law and Order that's on Netflix right now. Good god, that show is addictive.

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

I think I've watched at least half of the Law and Order that's on Netflix right now. Good god, that show is addictive.

I planned to watch one episode of SVU last night as I ate dinner. One turned into five and I fell asleep in front of the TV.

:doink:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Adventures of Mark Twain is up. Claymation at its most Will Vintony!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Raven is terrible and wonderful. Watch it with someone and talk throughout so it doesn't get boring. For some reason they decided Poe needed a pet raccoon.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

The Raven is terrible and wonderful. Watch it with someone and talk throughout so it doesn't get boring. For some reason they decided Poe needed a pet raccoon.

Why not? Salvador Dali had a pet anteater.

Is the Man who fell the Earth worth watching? It's been recommended to me and I'm kinda of iffy about David Bowey.

BattleTech has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Feb 18, 2013

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm kinda of iffy about David Bowey.

Well I just don't know what to do with you.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Comedy Bang Bang is way good.

If no one noticed, Trading Places is up, as is Legends of the Fall. They're both worth watching if you've not seen them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I watched the complete season during the weekend. I want more. NOW.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Neo Helbeast posted:

Why not? Salvador Dali had a pet anteater.

Yes, but Dali actually had a pet anteater. Poe did have, in reality, a cat that would sit on his shoulders while he walked around and that would be WAY more interesting than just a raccoon out of nowhere.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yes, but Dali actually had a pet anteater. Poe did have, in reality, a cat that would sit on his shoulders while he walked around and that would be WAY more interesting than just a raccoon out of nowhere.

I watched The Raven last night because I'm a John Cusack fan and a Poe fan, and jesus, was it ever awful. :psyduck: Terrible screenplay, dreadful anachronisms in the dialogue, bad acting all around from everyone, and a really stupid and borderline incomprehensible plot. Just a bad, bad film. The raccoon was cute, though.

IanKirby
Nov 4, 2011
I suggest the documentary "Undefeated" to anyone who has an interest in football or underdog sports stories. It was originally meant to be like The Blind Side, following a talented offensive lineman prospect who has been struggling with grades and is then helped out by a white family to help get his grades up. But it quickly turns into a fantastic, inspirational story about the struggles of a very inspiring volunteer head coach and his team, a group of talented but undisciplined lower class kids who play for a football program that has one of the worst reputations in the state of TN. The coach puts his heart and soul into the team and the season. It's pretty amazing. Inspirational, emotional and raw. Highly recommended!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

bonestructure posted:

I watched The Raven last night because I'm a John Cusack fan and a Poe fan, and jesus, was it ever awful. :psyduck: Terrible screenplay, dreadful anachronisms in the dialogue, bad acting all around from everyone, and a really stupid and borderline incomprehensible plot. Just a bad, bad film. The raccoon was cute, though.

Well that's disappointing but I'll probably watch it anyway.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm currently watching a very strange adaptation of Dante's Inferno on Netflix instant, and I don't mean the video game tie-in. It's... quite interesting. A modern take on the subject matter using... what I can only describe as still picture cut-outs. It's very well done, and pretty faithful to the themes of the original. It's fun.

mysunshine
May 25, 2004

Safety Not Guaranteed was just added recently. I watched last night and really enjoyed it.

Aubrey plaza, mark duplass, time travel, it has everything!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The James bond documentary is really good. If you like bond I highly recommend watching it.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

mysunshine posted:

Safety Not Guaranteed was just added recently. I watched last night and really enjoyed it.

Aubrey plaza, mark duplass, time travel, it has everything!

It is definitely a surprise RomCom. So absolutely get the wife/girlfriend to watch it too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Neo Helbeast posted:

The James bond documentary is really good. If you like bond I highly recommend watching it.

I agree, it was great. Everything or Nothing: The untold story of 007 for those who don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chefvinny
Apr 5, 2009
One of my favorite movies - Manhunter - is up. It's the first adaptation of a Thomas Harris novel in the Lecter series, directed by Michael Mann.

• Locked thread