Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Name is Goldjas in game if anyone wants to invite me to the union, I'm up to Golden Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'll get you as soon as the game decides to bless me with the ability to get past this loading screen.

Mbwuto
Dec 1, 2006

Bashez posted:

You've hosed up somewhere. I'm not sure a beetle should be able to get an attack off on you.

I had no idea you could have up to 70 random points or whatever. I got 6 and assumed that was decent. I'm probably just King of the Gimps

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Mbwuto posted:

I had no idea you could have up to 70 random points or whatever. I got 6 and assumed that was decent. I'm probably just King of the Gimps

I'd never keep a 6 character, it's the lowest of the "normal" (6-12) rolls. Basically if you're going to be swinging at things you need some good str and vit. If you're trapping you're going to need good dex but not gimp sta and str so you can finish things. If you're a porkul I wouldn't recommend going melee skills as their melee range is embarrassing. Don't spread your points around a shitload. Decoy and stealth are fine at 1 point for the longest time. Make medicine probably needs a couple and then either skill up trap or hide attack so that you're basically knocking things out in one hit.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
The game is pretty much unplayable tonight. No, strike that, it's completely unplayable. I've been at a goddamn loading screen for over half an hour now just for the newbie dungeon. SOE is running this game in to the ground as hard and fast as any game they've ever had a hand in. I just don't understand how a corporation with thousands of employees all invested in this project can drop the ball so completely and thoroughly.

Maybe I've never worked in a large corporate environment so I just don't get the challenges involved, but I would expect a bunch of well paid degree-holding individuals at a well-known corp to be able to handle their affairs much better than what we've seen here.

And the worst part is that they will post little updates about "learning from the experience" and "ensuring that future gameplay experiences are more enjoyable" and just recite heartless business rhetoric without ever actually showing a modicum of desire (or ability) to actually make any progress they so often tout. No, a response posted on the forum or tweeted at a fan is the only patch that SOE needs.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Richard M Nixon posted:

Maybe I've never worked in a large corporate environment so I just don't get the challenges involved, but I would expect a bunch of well paid degree-holding individuals at a well-known corp to be able to handle their affairs much better than what we've seen here.

I can't speak for SoE, but I'm a software developer, who's worked at both big and small companies. At the big ones, the 6-figure developers who actually do work and know what needs to happen are usually told to STFU and they're not "team players" when they express concern that goes against what the 8-layers of management who have amazing backgrounds in things like "Excel" and degrees like "MBA" want to do (which is really just the guy at the top and 7 yes men).

On a side note, today I started a new job at a start-up...

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Gegil posted:

So, for comparison my mage is lvl 6 and has never landed a spell for more than 500. The average 2mp damage is about 280 and the Fire Burst damage is between 350 and 490ish.

What level is that Fighter at? Are mages seriously horrible till lvl 20 or so?

That was from level 1 (hitting things for 300-400 with normal swings), but I was Soul Rank 3 with a 2-handed axe upgraded to +4 that has 101 attack power. Level 11 now and my damage hasn't really changed much at all, so I'd say the most important thing for doing good damage is having an upgraded weapon.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
Oooh, how do you upgrade items?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Gegil posted:

Oooh, how do you upgrade items?

At SR3 the repair vendor opens his forging process to you. It's basic: put forging stones and money with items to make them better.

at 5 weapons glow and get an extra hardness usually, which is really helpful.

Things also gain durability and drop weight which is great for priests and fighters.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Well finished Golden Dragon now. I must say, it's annoying being attacked by giant golems that knock you around while trying to solve riddles.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Has anyone found out where you get the runes needed for the class change license?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

BombiTheZombie posted:

Has anyone found out where you get the runes needed for the class change license?

Don't forget it requires SR5 to change class

Black Widows in Old Sewers and Imps or Ghosts in Oblivion.
Or just look for permits in gdr/secret boss encounters

http://forums.station.sony.com/wo/index.php?threads/class-change.422/

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

We need 1,000,000 soul material to reach union level 2. Right now nobody has turned in any proofs of bond, which is disappointing. Each player can buy a PoB for 1000 of each of the 3 common soul materials (or 3500 of one specific material).

Luckily, you just collect them by being logged in once you hit SL3, and by just AFKing in town I seem to get 1 of each of the basic soul points every 7-10 minutes. That's not horrible, but it is pretty loving slow.

If everyone alt-tabs instead of quitting the game and just hangs out in Hero Square or the Slums, we can greatly speed up SM acquisition and hopefully rank up the union before everyone gets bored.

Ninja: I've been camping the AH this morning enjoying picking up items super cheap because pubbies don't know what they are worth.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Richard M Nixon posted:

If everyone alt-tabs instead of quitting the game and just hangs out in Hero Square or the Slums, we can greatly speed up SM acquisition and hopefully rank up the union before everyone gets bored.
Good deal, I'll start doing this.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Richard M Nixon posted:

We need 1,000,000 soul material to reach union level 2. Right now nobody has turned in any proofs of bond, which is disappointing. Each player can buy a PoB for 1000 of each of the 3 common soul materials (or 3500 of one specific material).

Luckily, you just collect them by being logged in once you hit SL3, and by just AFKing in town I seem to get 1 of each of the basic soul points every 7-10 minutes. That's not horrible, but it is pretty loving slow.

Ninja: I've been camping the AH this morning enjoying picking up items super cheap because pubbies don't know what they are worth.

I'm pretty sure you still get them at the same rate even if you're logged out.

Ritalin Fit
Jul 26, 2002

You smell nice...

Shlapintogan posted:

Hmm, I remember what I logged out with last night so I will confirm this when I get home.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Shlapintogan posted:

That would be super cool. I never noticed and just autoran against a wall in the slums all night. I didn't even get PKd!

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Richard M Nixon posted:

What sort of items are you able to flip for a profit?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Gegil posted:

What sort of items are you able to flip for a profit?
The markets are extremely volatile right now with the downtime, newness of the game, and stupidity of pubbies. I've been scanning the market after every downtime (and before every one we know about in advance) as well as every four hours after a downtime to watch for new deals listed by people who have no idea what it costs. I'll usually vendor for 1-2x vendor price, depending on rarity of items. Selling quest items (farm for the body from Aria or the Kraken coins) for 10-20k each will satisfy the grinding palyers and give you awesome profit.

Forging items is a great way to allow yourself a larger asking price, as many players can't yet forge items. PKing also pays VERY well if you can get nice loot off of the bodies (thank you terrible pubbie for the 25k greataxe).

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
That's something we should consider -- control of the AH to some extent. Figure out what prices things are selling at and flip en masse. Granted, doing the /entire/ AH might be hard, but select segments might be doable.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I really hope you accrue SM while offline because I think I only managed to stay logged in AFK for an hour before the servers did the reset dance.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
The servers have come back online after an hour of maintenance.

Anyone able to send out a guild/union invite? I'm on the google doc from page 3

703 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 5, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

703 posted:

The servers have come back online after an hour of maintenance.

Anyone able to send out a guild/union invite? I'm on the google doc from page 3

They have to be able to select you. So your best bet is sitting in the Hero Square or whatever on Channel 8.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I really hope you accrue SM while offline because I think I only managed to stay logged in AFK for an hour before the servers did the reset dance.
I didn't write down my exact SM levels before I went to class, but I quit the game before leaving and upon returning home I seem to have gained a decent amount when logged off. Apparently there is also a loading screen tip that says you accrue it when offline.

Perhaps the levels are different, though...

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Healing criminals is only a minor offense, so partying with some shouldn't--

:eek:

Be careful if you party with criminal goons, it looks like sharing a camp with red players is a pretty serious crime.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I'm looking up to group soon post level 7. In as Slugbane. Some rear end in a top hat stole the loot out of the gravehand treasurebox in the sewers. This game has horrible controls and keeps taking me to the graphics setting screen.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Nanja Monja posted:

Be careful if you party with criminal goons, it looks like sharing a camp with red players is a pretty serious crime.

Sorry! I knew you could shrug off healing/buffing criminals without any issue, but I didn't think camping was THAT bad, and on top of that, after you're red, healing/buffing other criminals just makes it that much worse. :v:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nanja Monja posted:

:gooncamp:

The real crime happened in camp.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Farming the Millionaire fight is incredible for leveling alts. Virulence spent about 20 minutes with me and I went from level 1 to 9 and also got 15k gold and 460 soul points. So drat nice.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Richard M Nixon posted:

Farming the Millionaire fight is incredible for leveling alts.

wait, how do you get to Aria Reservoir at level one?

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Dungeons are unlocked for all your characters when you unlock them for one.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

^^ That's it. I really didn't realize just how trivial actual level is compared to soul level. My 'main' is lv13 and I was able to catch way up from level 0. Another hour of grinding and I'd be on equal footing. I'm sure it'll slow down a bit at higher levels, but it feels good to boost an alt so quickly.

I hope we find a better method of grinding soul points in the highest level dungeon. If they only go to lv17 we'll be way overpowers by lv22 or so but still have almost twice as many soul ranks to go through. Without better dungeons, it'll go so drat slowly.

Also, gently caress you blacksmith for destroying my 30k gold investment trying to upgrade while being a little worried. Ugh. Ughhhhhh.

E: Patch notes! Fixing the real critical issues, it seems
  • Royal Members should be able to use their 4th and 5th character slots again
  • Dimento Medal and Book of Experience buff stack correctly now
  • Removed 1 Day Dimento Medal from the Royal Shop

Known Issue:
We are still working on the issues with connecting to message server. Thank you for your patience.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 6, 2013

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Is old sewers the last dungeon in the game? The zone has turned out to be pretty easy so far. Easier than temple of oblivion and we were able to duo all the bosses without a failure, though beta knowledge helped. I'm not seeing drop lists for any dungeons but I thought there was one past old sewers.

It drops a crazy amount of loot but god drat it's been easy.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Im trudging through Tower of Oblivion now and i can honestly say its the first dungeon i didnt enjoy. Ridiculously powerful and fast mobs, to the tune of two shotting anyhting but a warrior coupled with insane packs and respawn times.

I must have died at least 40 times getting to the last statue and i cant for the life of me ever see me going back there to farm for runestones.

theloneranger
Mar 2, 2007

Bashez posted:

Is old sewers the last dungeon in the game?

The only information on the english wiki lists it as the 8th and final dungeon with recommended level of 17. This japanese wiki http://www47.atwiki.jp/wiz_online/ lists 17 total dungeons with the last story dungeon having a recommended level of 30. I have no idea how far apart the two versions of the game are.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Apparently they have underground dragoon ruins in after old sewers. I was getting worried I'd be reaching the end of content soon!

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'm looking to do a lengthy farming session (maybe an hour - the length of an XP buff book) to get either my mage or priest higher level. It would be :krad: if a group of 3 other goons wanted to set up a thing and we just burned through it. We'll split the drops but who cares and we can kill even faster.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
when do you want to head out nixon? i'm game for some grinding

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I'll be online and playing within an hour and a half, so grab me on Mumble whenever. The one unfortunate downside of being a criminal is that I can't easily grind dungeons with pubbie groups, so I've been hampered with no goons online sometimes :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em
if you delete that soul and make a new one on your subscription account would you still be a criminal?

• Locked thread