Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
If I remember right, it all scaled up to 69. I'm specifically saving 2.5 quests for after the cap. However there are a couple that I probably won't be able to get again that I'd really like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The level cap for the first game was increased by a patch, which is what I imagine they will do here. I doubt you'll be required to have DLC to gain levels.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm playing right not on 360, GT: Flexible Ethics, if anyone wants to do anything. I've got a 37 Mechro, and a 31 Assassin, Siren, and Commando.

I've also got some heads that Krampus duped me that I can share.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait so it's actually just a level raise? After all the bullshit about "Ooooo, it's a level cap raise, but not in the way you would think!!! It'll add replay value!!" Pritches you sneaky bastard. Has anyone actually heard/seen what's gonna happen?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure someone starting their sentence with "I guess" with no references is not a statement of fact.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure someone starting their sentence with "I guess" with no references is not a statement of fact.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wait so it's actually just a level raise? After all the bullshit about "Ooooo, it's a level cap raise, but not in the way you would think!!! It'll add replay value!!" Pritches you sneaky bastard. Has anyone actually heard/seen what's gonna happen?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Kifisonfire posted:

The level cap for the first game was increased by a patch, which is what I imagine they will do here. I doubt you'll be required to have DLC to gain levels.

The first level cap raise was part of General Knoxx, which is why there's a "61" in the logo.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Dross posted:

The first level cap raise was part of General Knoxx, which is why there's a "61" in the logo.
I could have sworn it was a patch, but yeah you're right. Now I remember the achievements for overlevelling.

The DLC with the level cap will be about the Seraphs surely? They've teased it for so long and every DLC another little hint comes out about them that I can't see them just being silent about the story behind them.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ok, I've just started Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and these bullshit enemies are really getting on my nerves. It pisses me off that these tribals' wooden shields somehow negate all my damage from my Good Touch. I've got a good Torgue explosive shotgun to make fighting these guys somewhat bearable, but I just came across my first Vampire Witch Doctor and it ended with me throwing 8 grenades and hoping for the best while grumbling to myself about how Gearbox doesn't do playtesting. What am I supposed to do to beat these things reliably? His mask deflects my bullets, I can't do anything to counter his bat swarm, and whenever I've almost killed one it just drains my health faster than I can damage it.

edit:vv I'm an Assassin, but I don't really want to respec from Bloodlust to Sniper just for one enemy type.

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 7, 2013

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Ok, I've just started Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and these bullshit enemies are really getting on my nerves. It pisses me off that these tribals' wooden shields somehow negate all my damage from my Good Touch. I've got a good Torgue explosive shotgun to make fighting these guys somewhat bearable, but I just came across my first Vampire Witch Doctor and it ended with me throwing 8 grenades and hoping for the best while grumbling to myself about how Gearbox doesn't do playtesting. What am I supposed to do to beat these things reliably? His mask deflects my bullets, I can't do anything to counter his bat swarm, and whenever I've almost killed one it just drains my health faster than I can damage it.

sniper rifle from a distance into his head from afar?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Kifisonfire posted:

I could have sworn it was a patch, but yeah you're right. Now I remember the achievements for overlevelling.

The DLC with the level cap will be about the Seraphs surely? They've teased it for so long and every DLC another little hint comes out about them that I can't see them just being silent about the story behind them.

You're half right. They did increase the level cap again through a patch that made Borderlands compatible with Claptrap's Robot Revolution. It wasn't necessary to have the DLC to gain the 8 levels they added.

I'm not sure what they could do about the Seraphs based storyline besides "OH NO SUPER ERIDIUM", but I might be lacking in imagination on that front.

I definitely think the DLC released so far is pretty good, but the lack of any hard announcement for a level cap so far is kind of...irksome to me. It makes the hunt for extremely powerful/rare loot right now kind of pointless, since it could be announced at any time. It doesn't help that the loot keeps getting exponentially powerful, so I'm sure my lvl 50 Yellow Jacket is going to to be terrible by 52.

At the very least they're finally addressing some of the strange bugs and oversights that have been in the game since release.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

edit:vv I'm an Assassin, but I don't really want to respec from Bloodlust to Sniper just for one enemy type.

I believe the perspective is that you're respeccing to keep your character from dying all the time. I definitely have preferred skill buildouts, but if it's not working then there's no point in keeping it. It's not like you can't change it back.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

CharlestonJew posted:

Throw Bonus Packages everywhere. Alternatively, get a really good fire weapon like a Moloko sniper rifle or Miss Moxxi's Heartbreaker and go to town. Boosting your fire damage helps a lot since most of the enemies are fleshy. Sniping from a distance and then moving in to clean up the stragglers is an excellent strategy, also always go for witch doctors first to prevent them from overleveling the savages. Keep that Torgue shotty for the annoying floating pods and drifters.

You probably don't need to respec, just try for critical hits always and you should be fine.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 7, 2013

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Duke posted:

Throw Bonus Packages everywhere. Alternatively, get a really good fire weapon like a Moloko sniper rifle or Miss Moxxi's Heartbreaker and go to town. Boosting your fire damage helps a lot since most of the enemies are fleshy. Sniping from a distance and then moving in to clean up the stragglers is an excellent strategy, also always go for witch doctors first to prevent them from overleveling the savages. Keep that Torgue shotty for the annoying floating pods and drifters.

You probably don't need to respec, just try for critical hits always and you should be fine.

Alright, thanks for the advice everyone. I should try to hang back and snipe a bit more before rushing in. My usual strategy is to just run straight in, pop Deception, then melee as many dudes from behind as possible (assuming I do enough damage or the game doesn't poo poo itself and cause me to do no damage) before using my Righteous Anarchist or Good Touch to tear everything apart up close.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
If any one wants to dupe some legendary stuff for me I would appreciate it. Im getting tired of these retarded drop rates.

Oh and im on PS3 PSN s3w3r. I don't have a single legendary above lvl 30.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, so I'm just sending lvl 1 auto-generated Axtons to collect stuff in the treasure room for me now. I may as well collect drat near every permutation of the weird E-Tech weapons and purple weapons as well as all the types of relics while I'm trying to get legendaries. Eventually I'm going to have to find some way to organize all this poo poo.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, so I'm just sending lvl 1 auto-generated Axtons to collect stuff in the treasure room for me now. I may as well collect drat near every permutation of the weird E-Tech weapons and purple weapons as well as all the types of relics while I'm trying to get legendaries. Eventually I'm going to have to find some way to organize all this poo poo.

characters called:

pistols
shotguns
rockets
rifles
smgs
snipers
grenades
shields
relicmods

That's basically what I do.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

If any one wants to dupe some legendary stuff for me I would appreciate it. Im getting tired of these retarded drop rates.

Oh and im on PS3 PSN s3w3r. I don't have a single legendary above lvl 30.

I can get you after work. I'll add you on PSN when I'm home

E: yo, says your Id isn't registered

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 8, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

delpheye posted:

characters called:

pistols
shotguns
rockets
rifles
smgs
snipers
grenades
shields
relicmods

That's basically what I do.

I have a spreadsheet :blush:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I wish I could find more E-tech Launchers. I got a level 20 somethingorother rocket launcher on my Maya run and dear god it's amazing, it's one of those things I intend to pass on to my other characters and dupe for people.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Does anybody have a lvl 50 1340 Shield or a lvl 50 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot they're willing to dupe? I'm on xbox if that matters.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

I have a spreadsheet :blush:

Now I know what I must do :unsmigghh:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Neo Helbeast posted:

Does anybody have a lvl 50 1340 Shield or a lvl 50 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot they're willing to dupe? I'm on xbox if that matters.

I've got a WTF Shield that was given to me by another goon. Hambonius 0mega on live. ("0" is a zero)

Also anyone else noticing that their evil stomper is not leveling up anymore?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I was playing last night and could still level it. Granted I wasn't connected to xbox live which they've been currently filling with title updates.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

HAmbONE posted:

I've got a WTF Shield that was given to me by another goon. Hambonius 0mega on live. ("0" is a zero)

Also anyone else noticing that their evil stomper is not leveling up anymore?

Thanks all the awesome stuff.

E: Got a lvl 50 Rough rider right after you left.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 8, 2013

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007

ReverendDre posted:

I can get you after work. I'll add you on PSN when I'm home

E: yo, says your Id isn't registered

Yeah I just booted up, my ID is Bunionz......I thought it was s3w3r for some reason.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've got a WTF, although I'm not sure why anyone would want a 50 1340.

GT is FREE SHRUGS if you're interested.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Here's a couple of Shift codes for golden keys from Twitter:

PS3: WBWJ3-JHKKJ-WCWW3-HJWJT-BW5SJ
PC/Mac: CB5BB-XF65C-ZKXTT-TBBBT-TRKJZ
360: WTCJJ-XT6HK-9ZR36-CX3BJ-W6HHT

PS3: CBWBJ-CSC5T-5CWKT-ZBC33-WB9FW
PC/Mac: W3CTB-HXR5W-S56B3-TTB33-SXTXF
360: CTKT3-93FZK-SSXJX-KX3TT-X6XSX

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
More codes just got released, for 5 keys this time. Spicy!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

I've got a WTF, although I'm not sure why anyone would want a 50 1340.

GT is FREE SHRUGS if you're interested.

Hambone got me covered for awhile with all the shields he dropped last night. I learned that you don't wear WTFs while sniping and you definitely don't wear one when you're by yourself because you're going down alot from those IED grenades. Also two people wearing the Hoplite plus ES glitched Infinity pistols makes Master Gee a chump. Once we had his shields down we were averaging 15-20 seconds to kill him and we could just sit there and tank. As for the 1340 shield, I've always gone for the shotgun so I have no idea what the shield does. I looked it up on the wiki and it looks like and just an average shield that talks so unless someone has one they're willing to dupe I'll never get it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If I am reading this correctly, don't expect a level cap increase any time soon (if ever).

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase/

In short, Randy says its "memory issues" preventing them from increasing the cap, or that it will make the game "too unbalanced".

e: He says (on twitter) one will come, but probably "later this year, and will not increase skill points".

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 9, 2013

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Holy poo poo no one cares about balance Randy, we just want to get to the bottom of 2 skill trees at least!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

If I am reading this correctly, don't expect a level cap increase any time soon (if ever).

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase/

In short, Randy says its "memory issues" preventing them from increasing the cap, or that it will make the game "too unbalanced".

e: He says (on twitter) one will come, but probably "later this year, and will not increase skill points".

Thank god. Having a stupid amount of skill points in the last game just made it boring as hell. I'm looking forward to what they do alongside the increased level cap.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm kinda curious which combinations of two top-level skills would be beyond the Xbox's capability to handle. Two Saber turrets that both set off nukes? Throwing knives that reset your deception cooldown? A Deathtrap that can be charged with elemental damage and also wears a copy of your shield?

Also, it's funny to hear him complain about destroying the game balance when the Evil Smasher glitch has remained unpatched long after the CC/Bee nerf.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Thanks Randy you're a real winner.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

gooby on rails posted:

Also, it's funny to hear him complain about destroying the game balance when the Evil Smasher glitch has remained unpatched long after the CC/Bee nerf.

Don't encourage him to fix that :ssh: I need it.

Also nobody buys your bullshit Pritchford. For god's sake, I should be a walking nightmare of destruction once I reach max overlevel.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 9, 2013

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

DarkstarIV posted:

Can you link this tweet because it doesn't appear to exist.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RVWinkle posted:

Can you link this tweet because it doesn't appear to exist.

I was just quoting what one of their mods(?) said on their forums. Guess I should learn to take what they say with a grain of salt.

But the tweet about the level cap increase coming "later this year" is here.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

DarkstarIV posted:

I was just quoting what one of their mods(?) said on their forums. Guess I should learn to take what they say with a grain of salt.

But the tweet about the level cap increase coming "later this year" is here.

It wasn't a mod, just another frothing fanboy who is angry about video games. Gearbox really should lock down their so called 'News' forum.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone have any advice for a True Vault Hunter Gunzerker? I keep getting my poo poo kicked in over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
God drat, y'all are some bitter nerds in here. "We want a level cap increase!" "Okay, we're working on it, but it's gonna be a bit because it's difficult to balance and also not crash your game" "gently caress YOU YOU SUCK!" Also this

quote:

Randy Pitchford ‏

@DuvalMagic

@Guggerbunk I'll say: 100% chance of a level cap increase this year, but 50\50 on unforeseen consequences that some people will rage about.
There.

gooby on rails posted:

I'm kinda curious which combinations of two top-level skills would be beyond the Xbox's capability to handle. Two Saber turrets that both set off nukes? Throwing knives that reset your deception cooldown? A Deathtrap that can be charged with elemental damage and also wears a copy of your shield?
Gunzerking can certainly bring it to its knees with the right guns. With the left two skill trees maxed you could probably Gunzerk until nothing's left and at a rate of fire/physics calculations that can only be described as either "alarming" or "loving awesome" until the game crashes.

• Locked thread