Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also Venon is terrifying. Whoever is drawing him is doing a great job at portraying him as a monster. No host either!

Eddie's long been fully bonded to the suit in Ultimate. I'm not exactly sure what the gently caress he wants, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Dacap posted:

Based on some of the stuff Venom was saying this issue, I wonder if its going to lead to multiple people having powers from the mutated spiders that bit Peter and Miles.

Ultimate scarlet spider and so on?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Eddie's long been fully bonded to the suit in Ultimate. I'm not exactly sure what the gently caress he wants, though.

I thought it was specifically pointed out in this issue that there isn't a host.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I thought it was specifically pointed out in this issue that there isn't a host.

Doesn't say that anywhere.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

massive spider posted:

Ultimate scarlet spider and so on?

Ultimate Scarlet Spider was Ultimate Spider-Woman, I think. She took Ben Reilly's role in Ultimate Clone Saga, anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

notthegoatseguy posted:

Venom got liquified and escaped via sewer drain, shouldn't the host be left behind if there was one? Or is the host/symbiote truly one and he can liquify as well?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Venom got liquified and escaped via sewer drain, shouldn't the host be left behind if there was one? Or is the host/symbiote truly one and he can liquify as well?

Symbiotes work a bit different in this universe, I see this Venom as something closer to the Carnage that became Gwen Stacy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In any case, solicitations describe this venom as The New Venom so there's a chance it might not be Brock at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Brock did exactly that to escape a confrontation with Peter shortly before Ultimatum began. Then he got sucked up by the all-new Beetle and then ????

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Prelude to: Ultimate Spider-Island.

thet0wer
Dec 4, 2012

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

In any case, solicitations describe this venom as The New Venom so there's a chance it might not be Brock at all.

Just like we had an All-New Scorpion even though the original still has so much untapped potential?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Prelude to: Ultimate Spider-Island.

I am 100% fine with Bendis turning Bad 616 Spider-Man stories into great Ultimate Spider-Man stories.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

notthegoatseguy posted:

I am 100% fine with Bendis turning Bad 616 Spider-Man stories into great Ultimate Spider-Man stories.

I mean, I feel like that is a pretty good secondary use for the Ultimate universe in general. hosed something up in 616? Improve it or mock it in the UU.

Ultimate Brand New Day to resurrect Peter Parker.

Written by Loeb.

I've done this to show you my power.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

I mean, I feel like that is a pretty good secondary use for the Ultimate universe in general. hosed something up in 616? Improve it or mock it in the UU.

Ultimate Brand New Day to resurrect Peter Parker.

Written by Loeb.

I've done this to show you my power.

So does Sam Loeb sacrifice himself for Peter/MJ? Does Peter marry Sam Loeb? Is Sam Loeb the devil in this story?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

So does Sam Loeb sacrifice himself for Peter/MJ? Does Peter marry Sam Loeb? Is Sam Loeb the devil in this story?

What? Of course not. Sam Loeb is an angel of the purest kind to right a wrong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Ultimates The Crossing

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
I was going to say Ultimate Sins Past but then realized that it's even creepier in the UU.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I was going to say Ultimate Sins Past but then realized that it's even creepier in the UU.

In Ultimates it would be Aunt May's secret love child with Miles Warren, because they went on that date that one time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Myrddin Emrys posted:

It is Wolverines/Peter's love child with Mary Jane when they had their brains switched.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Ultimate The Other, guys.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Genetic Toaster posted:

Ultimate The Other, guys.

We're already getting a good version of that story in Sarlet Spider

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Also there's the idea that USM is leading to having multiple people being powered by the Oscorp Spiders which is pretty much the opposite of mystical pre-destiny.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.
Ultimate Spider-Corps!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Dacap posted:

Also there's the idea that USM is leading to having multiple people being powered by the Oscorp Spiders which is pretty much the opposite of mystical pre-destiny.

Just cause it's your mystical pre-destiny doesn't mean it's not five other people's mystical pre-destiny.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

SirDan3k posted:

Just cause it's your mystical pre-destiny doesn't mean it's not five other people's mystical pre-destiny.

The thing about mystical and magical religious destiny things is that it's not as much fun if there's 10 other dudes who are also the chosen one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Roboto posted:

The thing about mystical and magical religious destiny things is that it's not as much fun if there's 10 other dudes who are also the chosen one.

Harry Potter pulled it off pretty good even thought it was only 2.

Nothing wrong with destiny having a backup plan.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Harry Potter pulled it off pretty good even thought it was only 2.

Nothing wrong with destiny having a backup plan.

K. But by that logic wouldn't Miles then be the back-up?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Kaleidoscope posted:

K. But by that logic wouldn't Miles then be the back-up?

Hey man once your main hard drive fails and you end up using your back up you need another backup or maybe more.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Are we seriously talking about RAID setups of Spider-Men?

I love this forum.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Are we seriously talking about RAID setups of Spider-Men?

I love this forum.

Kaine is the ghost image drive.

So is Ultimate Spider-Woman I guess?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genetic Toaster posted:

Ultimates was great up until Humphries took over (and I enjoy it even then because there is an 8 year old in me who loves the idea of President Captain America.)

Its good I'm not the only one who loves President Cap ..I knew it was sappy...but hell if I cared.

So funny enough due to there not being a sale on certain issues on Comixology I've only read from issue 1 to the issue with Captain Britain on the cover and from Cap is back on ($3.99 back issues kind of blow) onward, is it worth getting the rest? I kind of enjoyed crazy Reed.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Here's your monthly Ultimate universe ending rumor, Bleeding Cool is saying that there's rumors coming out of the Marvel Summit that there will be an Avengers Vs Ultimates series next year that will result in the end of the Ultimate Universe in print form.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/18/will-avengers-vs-ultimates-lead-to-the-end-of-the-ultimate-universe/

Whether this means the universe will be completely ending or maybe just becoming digital only is up in the air.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dacap posted:

Here's your monthly Ultimate universe ending rumor, Bleeding Cool is saying that there's rumors coming out of the Marvel Summit that there will be an Avengers Vs Ultimates series next year that will result in the end of the Ultimate Universe in print form.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/18/will-avengers-vs-ultimates-lead-to-the-end-of-the-ultimate-universe/

Whether this means the universe will be completely ending or maybe just becoming digital only is up in the air.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/43443054898/first-off-i-want-to-say-i-have-been-loving-everything

Bendis stating on his Tumblr that this is not the case. I don't care what they do with the Ultimate universe, I just want USM to keep going strong forever.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/43443054898/first-off-i-want-to-say-i-have-been-loving-everything

Bendis stating on his Tumblr that this is not the case. I don't care what they do with the Ultimate universe, I just want USM to keep going strong forever.

Miles is probably my favorite Marvel character being published at the moment. It is the one character/series where Bendis can (almost) do no wrong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sigma posted:

Miles is probably my favorite Marvel character being published at the moment. It is the one character/series where Bendis can (almost) do no wrong.

You need to read Powers. It is the other series that he can do no wrong, along with Daredevil.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Dacap posted:

This Ultimate Spider-Man teaser should be kept in mind when appraising Ultimate universe news.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Threep posted:

This Ultimate Spider-Man teaser should be kept in mind when appraising Ultimate universe news.

Bendis posted:

"We're going to do a pretty bold time jump for the series," Bendis told CBR. "It's a pretty big deal. I got to a place with "Ultimate Spider-Man" where we're allowed to go a little crazy, and I've decided to do so -- both with story status quo and in terms of not having to make every issue the next day

The time jump idea is interesting, wonder what that's going be about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dacap posted:

The time jump idea is interesting, wonder what that's going be about.

I am going to guess so that the "SM no more" thing will actually happen in a significant time frame. Instead of of it being undone relatively quickly like it was originally.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Dacap posted:

I take everything BC posts with an extra helping of salt.

That said, I could see the Ultimate line thriving as a digital only series like what DC does with its Beyond series.

Also I love the idea of Fialkov on Ultimates. Wish he had replaced Hickman instead of Humphries. His New 52 book, "I, Vampire" is excellent (shame it's being canceled). It'll be amazing if he can somehow make Alpha tolerable in the upcoming mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Miles is going to college, y'all.

• Locked thread