Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Heresiarch posted:

Ian and the Amazing Schizocolor Dreamcoat

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
i know this was a while ago but

this fucken dude

some of you know that i'm a game collector. i know, i try not to get too stupid about it.

so i met this guy at the portland retro game expo. he literally bought a booth to advertise pre-orders. i'll repeat that. he paid money to set up a table to advertising a website you could go to and pre-order this. at an event where thousands of idiots with hundreds of thousands of dollars of cash IN HAND for a weekend bonanza of regretful impulse purchasing, and he showed up with no stock.

while waiting on other things at other tables, i watched at least a dozen people excitedly approach the booth, chat the guy up while reaching for their wallets, only to be turned away with flyers and fake comic books.

he's that stupid.

however, this is one of those rare opportunities where someone perfectly predicted the hot minute he could turn a shitass product into something people (only ironically, of course) paid money for. if he's smart, he'll wait for the price of the original action 52 carts to skyrocket before reproducing them, too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

is he really autographing nintendo games

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

is he really autographing nintendo games

yes and iirc he didn't have anything to do with the original development of the titles, he just bought up the rights when nobody else wanted it

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Jonny 290 posted:

Ian.

realtalk.

unironic

do the thing where you chart all sorts of data and allow us to stretch and mold those graphs with deceptive scaling so that we can do poo poo like 'prove' to people that the number of gun murders is directly proportional to soybean futures or whatever

i would use this all the time, you would get notoriety, you'd get to massage and gently caress with data, and you'd be under the comforting umbrella of satire, meaning that people might not crawl up your rear end quite so bad.

allow me to find a graph on your site, drag start/end lines on it, and have your magical mystery machine find the five closest curve fits, from which i could select the most hilarious

end serious

Compare function is in the works.

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-3...w.statpedia.com

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

ian i'm trying to post here

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
More realtalk Ian. I think a lot of people just don't *get* what Statpedia is really about. I think to solve this, you should do a tutorial video series where you showcase Statpedia.

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

you've had this whole loving thread to yourself :(

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

oval office AND PASTE posted:

yes and iirc he didn't have anything to do with the original development of the titles, he just bought up the rights when nobody else wanted it

smart business move tbh

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Ian pay me to make you not sound like a schizlord. I'm literally a professional journalist and can help. money up front tho, maybe send me some of those kickstarter funds.

I'll take stock too but only if I get 60% of the company

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Blackula69 posted:

Ian pay me to make you not sound like a schizlord. I'm literally a professional journalist and can help. money up front tho, maybe send me some of those kickstarter funds.

I'll take stock too but only if I get 60% of the company

No, no. This has to be something Ian does himself. The world needs to see Ian and his product.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
but I want them to see the best Ian possible

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

no ian pay me to take over googling for jquery functions so you can free up your time to come up with unrealistic manic ideas full-time

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ian pay me to take a dump in your mouth every day, it'll keep you realistic about the prospects of statpedia succeeding

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
give it 2 cunty imnsho hth

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

drat. i got a bad feeling i'm gonna be disappointed when that All Your Bouillabaisse i bought finally ships

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

you've had this whole loving thread to yourself :(

hey hey, i read your post :shobon:

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Double Fine Adventure Backer Update

We also recently worked out a very exciting deal: [DFA] is coming to Ouya, the upcoming Android-based console that had its own big Kickstarter last year. Lots of our fans have requested this, but we weren't able to commit to it until now. We've worked out a deal with the makers of Ouya that will actually result in some extra money for the [DFA] budget, so it worked out well all around. We're also planning on bringing The Cave, our most recent release, to the system. We'll have more details about this down the road.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
pro click the gently caress out of this and then watch the video and lol http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1882911389/game-tank

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

coffeetable posted:

Double Fine Adventure Backer Update

We also recently worked out a very exciting deal: [DFA] is coming to Ouya, the upcoming Android-based console that had its own big Kickstarter last year. Lots of our fans have requested this, but we weren't able to commit to it until now. We've worked out a deal with the makers of Ouya that will actually result in some extra money for the [DFA] budget, so it worked out well all around. We're also planning on bringing The Cave, our most recent release, to the system. We'll have more details about this down the road.

this is the closest thing Ouya has to a killer app and it's not even exclusive

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

this is the closest thing Ouya has to a killer app and it's not even exclusive

they're calling it console exclusive, which is because they were literally never going to release it on any of the actual consoles in the first place

Yodzilla posted:

pro click the gently caress out of this and then watch the video and lol http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1882911389/game-tank

i want them to succeed because then when people buy them we can lock them inside

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

let me ruin their idea with one word: farts

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

that's what the fan in the front is for

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ian McLean posted:

Where is that app to take pictures of all life to see what it is?
a pokédex

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZZHd_dgslw

this dude dumpsters that game tank gutter trash poo poo

mute QUICK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xq9jjVhHtk

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
sorry to derail and all go off topic and poo poo but here is a LEGIT GOOD kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/esotericsoftware/spine

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah that looks legit really cool + useful

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
guys my pebble is out for delivery :ohdear:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

i like how the ventiliation for that game box is solely for keeping you cool and not dying. doesnt mention how loving awful that will smell after a while

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Dr. Honked posted:

sorry to derail and all go off topic and poo poo but here is a LEGIT GOOD kickstarter:

For some reason this reminded me: if for some reason any of you haven't played (and preferably paid for the full version of) Botanicula then you need to fix that right goddamn now.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Tell me a specific day you want it to rain at my location.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Stop with that nasty branding name calling. It is neither true or nice.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Mage or Wizard definitely sound nicer.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently not even a wizard can make statpedia worth anything

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Statpedia is worth billions.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Dr. Honked posted:

Does this help me make better software for watching humanoid robots move compared to real humans?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

mclean is played out, anyone else got a fresh gimmick?

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I think I have come to the comfort level in life that as long as I keep working on statpedia for the next 3 to 4 years it will be a multi billion dollar company. This is the real truth, and it is as simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

zimbabwean dollars dont count

• Locked thread