Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

supercow posted:

I've read a few pages back because I had some lockinfo questions but I guess that's what everyone else is angry about too? My infoshade works fine, I just want my lockscreen to look like my infoshade. Am I doing something wrong or is lockinfo just really janky? It doesn't even come with a clock... I used lockscreen clock hide and now there's just a blank space on top.

You appear to be using Lockinfo 5, a newer version that's in beta. Similarly I don't think Lockscreen Clock Hide is meant to be used in conjunction with Lockinfo, but as a standalone. I don't know of a way to make your lockscreen look like exactly like an infoshade, but the old version of Lockinfo ("Lockinfo" in Cydia IIRC) might be the closest thing to what you want.

Happy Birthday to Adrian :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

supercow posted:

I've read a few pages back because I had some lockinfo questions but I guess that's what everyone else is angry about too? My infoshade works fine, I just want my lockscreen to look like my infoshade. Am I doing something wrong or is lockinfo just really janky? It doesn't even come with a clock... I used lockscreen clock hide and now there's just a blank space on top.

I just want this (lockscreen)

to look like this (infoshade)

You can pull down your infoscreen from lockinfo. But it won't stay.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kheldarn posted:

Also, Zeppelin should be on all lists. Even if you're like me, and on an iPod, you can still use it.

Yeah, cool, added.

For anyone that doesn't know

http://www.teamsphone.com/apple-ios/zeppelin-jailbreak-tweak-to-change-carrier-logo-of-iphone-5094.html

Oh cool no respring either

-edit - Just saw there's a jailbreak update on cydia.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 9, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So biteSMS is basically just iMessage, and I can't use it to send text messages to friends who don't have an iOS device.

Is there something on Cydia that will let me do this for free? Because right now, I'm using eBuddy XMS to text with my buddy who has an Android phone, and I'm not really impressed with it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

uh, you mean you just want an app that will send sms for free? Don't need a jailbreak for that. There's like a million. I used to use pinger because my GIRLFRIEND could respond to the number and didn't have to have the app.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Isn't WhatsApp the standard for third-party texting? It's on the App Store.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't think that one gives you your own number but i'm not 100% sure. Most of them don't. So if you want to make your friend open another app everytime he wants to respond. Either way, not a jailbreak thing. Check out the app thread.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Wasn't digging Auxo until I saw you can swipe to kill an app. Singlehandedly clinched its usefulness.

EDIT: do wish I could swipe down the non-switcher area to close it though.

Thirst Mutilator fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 9, 2013

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Iconoclasm or Gridlock?

I'm looking to put my icons in columns and not rows, 8 to a screen.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any way I can get more cool icons using Zeppelin? Cause those icons are pretty legit.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
There's tons of them if you search Zeppelin in Cydia. Unless you already went though all of those, in which case I don't know what to tell ya v:shobon:v

darthparth
Sep 25, 2005
Does anyone know what app to use to get my lock screen to look like the one in the op? Thanks so much!

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

darthparth posted:

Does anyone know what app to use to get my lock screen to look like the one in the op? Thanks so much!

Search cydia for typophone 4.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Weird thing I've noticed when I respring- when the phone returns to action, it opens in camera. Any idea what is causing this?

Also, does KillBackground do the same thing as the Remove All option with Auxo?

Thanks guys.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

So Springtomize is doing a good job of removing the dock shadow and reflections for me, but I can't find anything to remove the "shelf" image. There don't seem to be any dock themes available through Springtomize or a way to just disable the background, and removing the dock .pngs from SpringBoard.app using iFile doesn't seem to work, either (I tried editing them to be completely transparent, but that made SpringBoard unusable). Am I missing something here, or is there an easier way to get rid of that hideous shelf without having to install the mess of instability known as Winterboard?

I'm using a Mini, by the way, so it needs iPad support.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

obi_ant posted:

Any way I can get more cool icons using Zeppelin? Cause those icons are pretty legit.

DeviantArt has quite a few, and they're not really that hard to make. Pull one of the folders to your computer using iFunBox so you can get an idea for sizes, and have a blast.

Poncho Pete posted:

So Springtomize is doing a good job of removing the dock shadow and reflections for me, but I can't find anything to remove the "shelf" image. There don't seem to be any dock themes available through Springtomize or a way to just disable the background, and removing the dock .pngs from SpringBoard.app using iFile doesn't seem to work, either (I tried editing them to be completely transparent, but that made SpringBoard unusable). Am I missing something here, or is there an easier way to get rid of that hideous shelf without having to install the mess of instability known as Winterboard?

I'm using a Mini, by the way, so it needs iPad support.

Winterboard isn't a mess of instability. It works just fine, and comes with a No Dock option.

From the description:

A6 CPU: Compatible as of 0.9.3908!
(supporting all iOS, 2.0 through 6.1)

Note: If Cydia seems to "shrink" after installing this and rebooting, that is not caused by WinterBoard. That is caused by rebooting while having a tweak installed that is not fully compatible with iOS 6. Please check your installed packages for compatibility.

Known bug on iOS 6: notifications do not show up when using HTML lockscreens. saurik will look into this.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

hunter x az posted:

Not condoning piracy: However, I have said multiple times before, the primary benefit of jailbreaking is to pirate apps. Not that I do it, I have paid at least 40$ this month since the JB was released. However, that's all there is to it. The majority of iOS users are teenagers who don't have access to real money.

Ethically, if you jailbreak, to enable tethering, thereby circumventing your carrier's paid plan for tethering, is the same. Just because you believe that you should be able to use the bandwidth how you see fit, doesn't make it ethical. It falls outside of the contract you signed.

"primary benefit of jailbreaking is to pirate apps"
"that's all there is to it"
"majority of iOS users are teenagers who don't have access to real money"

Where are you getting this information? Are you making it up as you go? Who are you even talking to? What the gently caress is happening here

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
When I really think about it, and based on my usage of the iPhone from 5.1.1 JB to 6.1 Vanilla to 6.1 JB, the reason I jailbreak is for Swipebright. The functionality of swiping the status bar to change brightness anywhere. That's kind of lame, really.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

Winterboard isn't a mess of instability. It works just fine, and comes with a No Dock option.

From the description:

A6 CPU: Compatible as of 0.9.3908!
(supporting all iOS, 2.0 through 6.1)

Note: If Cydia seems to "shrink" after installing this and rebooting, that is not caused by WinterBoard. That is caused by rebooting while having a tweak installed that is not fully compatible with iOS 6. Please check your installed packages for compatibility.

Known bug on iOS 6: notifications do not show up when using HTML lockscreens. saurik will look into this.

Winterboard's built-in transparent dock doesn't work, either.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poncho Pete posted:

Winterboard's built-in transparent dock doesn't work, either.

Really? That's weird. Works fine for me. I wonder if it's something to do with the Mini...? Sorry it didn't work for you.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I know that the dock .pngs are named differently for the iPad... maybe I'm jumping the gun and it's more a matter of waiting for compatibility updates.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

The main reason I jail broke was to get that extra bit of functionality I missed on android to iOS. And I love it. I think I've spent 25 or 30 bucks already.

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
Well I just ran across some funkyness with my JB. I went to bed but forgot to plug my iPhone in so when I woke up in the middle of the night I threw it on the charger. I wake up this morning, open my iPhone and notice that I am no longer jailbroken, and my JB apps while visible close as soon as I open them. So I turned off the phone figuring it would work, but I got stuck in a restart loop. I then let it rest for a few minutes and it booted up again and the JB was working. Not sure what caused it, I just though I should let you guys know not to let you phone die.

Edit: I know the phone wasn't in safe mode as the little safe mode banner did not appear. To beat a dead horse about app "piracy" I didn't even know, nor do I care, that you can steal apps as I pay for my poo poo because I am not a child.... on the outside.

AutoFool fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 9, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Something very strange has happened to my phone.

So I'm using my phone as normal checking my e-mail, using the Awful app and checking the weather out, when my phone suddenly turns black and the Apple logo pops up. Nothing was responsive and when it finally went back into "phone mode" a bunch of my jail-broken apps were gone. Zeppelin, NC Settings, Folder Enhancer and a few others were gone from my phone. I checked Cydia on the phone (which was still there) and all the packages were still installed.

I re-started the phone and everything went back to normal as if it never happened. Anyone have any idea why something like this would happen?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poncho Pete posted:

I know that the dock .pngs are named differently for the iPad... maybe I'm jumping the gun and it's more a matter of waiting for compatibility updates.

A quick search for dock ipad on ModMyi's Cydia search page returned Clear and Transparent Dock iPad and No Homescreen Dock iPad. Both are hosted by BigBoss. Maybe one of those will work for you?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

So I got zeppelin installed and loving it, is there anything similar to change the battery icon?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
My phone loses about 20% battery overnight, all i have installed is NCsettings and f.lux. Would it be due to those or something like push mail? It didn't do this before I updated to ios 6.1 (from 5.11)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

please respond posted:

My phone loses about 20% battery overnight, all i have installed is NCsettings and f.lux. Would it be due to those or something like push mail? It didn't do this before I updated to ios 6.1 (from 5.11)

I use f.lux and sbsettings and I don't even think I lose 1%.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

obi_ant posted:

Something very strange has happened to my phone.

So I'm using my phone as normal checking my e-mail, using the Awful app and checking the weather out, when my phone suddenly turns black and the Apple logo pops up. Nothing was responsive and when it finally went back into "phone mode" a bunch of my jail-broken apps were gone. Zeppelin, NC Settings, Folder Enhancer and a few others were gone from my phone. I checked Cydia on the phone (which was still there) and all the packages were still installed.

I re-started the phone and everything went back to normal as if it never happened. Anyone have any idea why something like this would happen?

That is Cydia rebooting into safe mode. Something hosed up/isn't compatible yet and threw it into safe. Nothing to worry about at all. Just find the offending app and delete it. A reboot will put it back into normal. Respring might too, can't remember

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Silly question but does this work at all for a 5? Or is everything locked for a smaller screen?

I tried it and it works great on my 5. Very pleased.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Christoff posted:

I use f.lux and sbsettings and I don't even think I lose 1%.

How can i find out what is doing it

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Looks like Xcon doesn't fix the Xfinity Player app from working yet.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Looks like Xcon doesn't fix the Xfinity Player app from working yet.

Has Xcon ever fixed the xfinity player app on a jailbroken device? I took a look around on their github and wiki and I didn't even see it on the list of stuff that they're working on (or supported?). I'm asking because we just switched to Comcast not too long ago.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

Clear and Transparent Dock iPad

Success! Thank you kindly goon sir.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Super Deuce posted:

A Skype app update came out today, and it gave me the doesn't work on jailbreak message. So, I said okay, but now it turned on sounds and notifications, and removed the options to disable them. Is that something that can be fixed?

xCon

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

So I think I've finally gotten a good combination of stuff together that works for me.

WinterBoard
Typophone 4 (which breaks lock screen notifications, sadly)
OpenNotifier (to get notifications - work around but I love it)
Bulletin (to access the notification area on the lockscreen)
Zeppliin to remove the carrier
Auxo for fast contols (VPN hello)

Less important but still nice:
FakeClockUp
Nitrous

This setup works really, really well together and all is working perfectly on 6.1 on an iphone 5.

Debating AutoProtect but I've heard a lot of indications its a bit of a battery hog and I'd rather just type my password than crush my battery.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poncho Pete posted:

Success! Thank you kindly goon sir.

You're most welcome. I'm glad we were able to find something that worked for you.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Everyone should probably install this

http://chrislowthian.co.uk/fix-the-ios-6-1-respring-bug-with-respringcachefix/422/

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So I'm using the Asymetrical HD lockscreen, but I don't get notifications on the lockscreen anymore. Is this what they meant with the html notification bug? I can live with it since bitesms has the statusbar icon for texts, but would rather have notifications shown.

• Locked thread