Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
"My Cock Is MAGIC!" :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spartacus, now with graphic gay sex!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm glad the writers seem to realize Naevia is terrible too.

...At least I hope they don't think the audience is on her side in this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She has certainly come across as a crazy person in this episode.

Edit: No episode next week?

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 9, 2013

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
God drat I hope Naevia gets brutally murdered. She straight up murdered that guy, then made up a story about him attacking her. She's got some hardcore issues going on, and is a real liability.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show is still airing next week, but not new.

Strange.

All I can find is that next Friday, an asteroid is passing close enough to Earth to knock satellites out of orbit. Maybe they're not risking a new episode? I have no idea.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

limeincoke posted:

God drat I hope Naevia gets brutally murdered. She straight up murdered that guy, then made up a story about him attacking her. She's got some hardcore issues going on, and is a real liability.

Is that shocking? She went to the mines and those are the worst place for slaves. She was also raped repeatedly.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It's not shocking at all. But it wouldn't surprise me if her blood thirst puts the rest of them in danger at some point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her character change happened at the same time as her actor change, and the new one isn't very good. I don't know if the old one would have been able to sell it, but this one can't.

limeincoke posted:

It's not shocking at all. But it wouldn't surprise me if her blood thirst puts the rest of them in danger at some point.

I was expecting (hoping) for her to die, because the guy she was fighting was Roman, protected by Spartacus and a friend of Gannicus. That would have started the rift we know developed historically.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

muscles like this? posted:

Spartacus, now with graphic gay sex!

YES! I was waiting for it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Read this on AVClub about next week:

AVClub posted:

Programming note: STARZ is taking periodic weeks off during the run of this final season in order to air "catch-up" nights. So no new episode next week, with the fourth episode airing on February 22.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Translation: Spartacus is the only reason people watch this channel, and we hate the fact that this is the last season and we want to milk it as long as possible.

The new DeVinchi show they keep promoting looks interesting, though.

Jabbu
Aug 1, 2005

GODWIN'S LAW? WHAT THE FUCK IS GODWIN'S LAW YOU FUCKING CRYPTO-NAZI? WHY DON'T YOU STOP RAPING CHILDREN FOR FIVE MINUTES, PUT DOWN THAT GLASS OF PUPPY BLOOD AND JUST ADMIT THAT YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER
This episode gave me quite a few Rick from The Walking Dead moments...Spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfrNmiRjc8#t=0m5s "Noooooo....Please, don't do what I think you're going to do..."

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Ok that battle on the beach was pretty fuckin lol

Serious post: Good episode. The show still does the "will he or won't he gently caress somebody over" card very well. When everyone was puking I thought for sure the rum was meant as a way to weaken the slave army in preparation for a backstabbing.

Can't wait to see old man Crassus rage out about his kid! gonna be OG decimation, I bet

Asbury fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 9, 2013

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Welp, I wasn't wild about Naevia before, but I'm completely on board for her getting killed off in the near future. Attius was way more awesome in two episodes than she's been in the latest two seasons.

Forum Actuary
Jan 23, 2004
BRITISH

3Romeo posted:

Ok that battle on the beach was pretty fuckin lol

Serious post: Good episode. The show still does the "will he or won't he gently caress somebody over" card very well. When everyone was puking I thought for sure the rum was meant as a way to weaken the slave army in preparation for a backstabbing.

Yeah, that was clever. I'm still not sure if they did plan to or not?

Were those ballista things just incase Spartacus' guys tried to screw them? I might have missed something.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Forum Actuary posted:

Were those ballista things just incase Spartacus' guys tried to screw them? I might have missed something.

Looked like it. Although why they still needed their main guy to signal them for help after the Romans arrived is kinda weird. Strict adherence to orders goes out the window when an unexpected group of Romans start attacking.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Prosthetic penis, merkin, gay sex, Roman stupidity, great fights... :allears:

I'm not going to mind the "catchup" weeks. There are only seven left, might as well space it out a bit.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Welp, all my sympathy for Naevia is out the window. gently caress her PTSD. Doesn't justify murdering relatively decent dudes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Spartacus : War of the Magic Cocks

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

AshB posted:

Welp, I wasn't wild about Naevia before, but I'm completely on board for her getting killed off in the near future. Attius was way more awesome in two episodes than she's been in the latest two seasons.
I was disappointed when she wasn't 'Million Dollar Baby'-ed right at the start by that shelf.

Then I was very disappointed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There have been 3 episodes thus far this season.

Bodycount? 166.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
When they cut from Agron loving Nasir to drunk Gannicus walking all funny my first thought was that it was Nasir walking weird from the dicking.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Very disappointed Naevia did not die. Loved the gratuitous gay sex. Gannicus still is the only character loved the entire series. The pirates are assholes and Spartacus should see through that. Need more offensive war from Spartacus and less inter-city bullshit.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

This show is the best.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

"My Cock Is MAGIC!" :agesilaus:

Then see it disappear

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Forum Actuary posted:

It really seemed to me that the pirates were totally going to betray Spartacus and crew but the Romans showing up threw a wrench into his plans.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Spartacus has single-handedly revived the merkin business. I'll bet some long struggling merkin craftsman somewhere is weeping tears of gratitude as we speak.

etalian posted:

Then see it disappear vanish from sight
Gotta maintain the spartagrammar.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
They introduced the best character in the series and then killed him off in the same episode.

I'll miss the man with the magic cock.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'm pretty sure if you have a penis worth bragging about on this show, you will die very quickly ie: Horse Cock

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

qbert posted:

Welp, all my sympathy for Naevia is out the window. gently caress her PTSD. Doesn't justify murdering relatively decent dudes.

Well she is going to be massacred with Crixus' crew, if not killed before somehow. So they need to make her a little unsympathetic for what's coming.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Who had magic cock and where was the cocksthesis? How did I miss this?

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

muscles like this? posted:

It really seemed to me that the pirates were totally going to betray Spartacus and crew but the Romans showing up threw a wrench into his plans.

Eh. In clips of the rest of the season, members of the pirate band can be seen with Spartacus in battles against the Romans, so their wasn't much tension for me.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Scoobi posted:

Who had magic cock and where was the cocksthesis? How did I miss this?

The random German (?) guy who got stabbed by Crassus' son.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The guy who walked up to Crixus with his dick out? There's something wrong with you guys if you thought that was prosthetic.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Irish Joe posted:

The guy who walked up to Crixus with his dick out? There's something wrong with you guys if you thought that was prosthetic.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/douglas-honoured-with-prosthetic-penis-in-new-spartacus_1112031

Not proof of that guy, specifically. But it's not unlikely.

All the dudes showing cock on that show have wicked long flaccidity if those are all real. (ie: they're not...)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feenix posted:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/douglas-honoured-with-prosthetic-penis-in-new-spartacus_1112031

Not proof of that guy, specifically. But it's not unlikely.

All the dudes showing cock on that show have wicked long flaccidity if those are all real. (ie: they're not...)

Amazing

quote:

Actress Lucy Lawless, who strips for the film, reveals, "That was Erin Cummings, who plays Spartacus' wife Sura. She thought she should have the right to name it (penis), so Kirk Douglas' agent, don't call us.

"That thing gets shared around. At the moment it's pinned to the wall next to all the merkins in the make-up truck."

Having a big cock on Spartacus is similar in concept to the young teen couple making out in a slasher movie. It's basically being marked for gruesome death in the near future.

etalian fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 10, 2013

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In ancient Rome, the key to survival was having a micropenis.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Aphrodite posted:

Her character change happened at the same time as her actor change, and the new one isn't very good. I don't know if the old one would have been able to sell it, but this one can't.

Agreed. I'm actually still not liking Liam much, though he's not terrible, I just can't seem him as intelligent as the way Andy played him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

rapeface posted:

Agreed. I'm actually still not liking Liam much, though he's not terrible, I just can't seem him as intelligent as the way Andy played him.

I have rose tinted glasses towards liam. Spartacus will always be Andy's character, but the show had to go on. Liam is doing his best and that's all i can really ask of him. The main problem i see isn't necessarily his acting, but Spartacus has no more character growth. The majority of that happened with Andy, so its tough for him to step into that role. I don't think there's an actor on the planet that would make a good Spartacus. There's no way to replicate Andy's acting, and to change anything to make it his own would be a bit of a dishonor in my opinion. I don't think he's doing a bad job per se, i just think Spartacus has kind of peaked in his character development and the other characters are WAY more interesting.

• Locked thread