Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
I was wondering when something would blow off the Rifleman's Right Arm. The heavy damage to its Left Arm is worrying. I think that three more enemy mechs down is a good trade though. Speaking of the Right Arm: PTN, are the cLPLs that were mounted in that arm salvageable, or considered destroyed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aw, man, I knew our Rifleman would be taking hits but his firepower's cut in half and we're about to be down his cLPLs completely.

And looks like Storm Lance won't move unless we coax them out properly, too. Guess my State of the Scenario plan still stands. We'd better back off the dropships for now, clean up Grey Company, and then see about starting the boss fight.

(Heheh, Piet.)

EDIT:

landcollector posted:

I was wondering when something would blow off the Rifleman's Right Arm. The heavy damage to its Left Arm is worrying. I think that three more enemy mechs down is a good trade though. Speaking of the Right Arm: PTN, are the cLPLs that were mounted in that arm salvageable, or considered destroyed?

If we don't kill everyone on the map, that's not salvageable at all. If we end by escaping, our only salvage will be what's already on the ships (if any) and whichever Clan `Mechs make it on the dropships. Whether the HHs count as CapCon's or not depends entirely on how many more killsteals Steve can manage the secondary objectives.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

PoptartsNinja posted:

That was a Small Pulse Laser! :pseudo:

Not according to the published Pryde configs.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think it can be winnable, need to headback and crush those grasshoppers and the jagermech, then hit the command lance.

Archer still has those butt mounted MLAS... or it can charge.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

C'mon Death Commandos, you can still win. Do it out of spite. Spite for the Clans and the Davions both.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Was that a really good turn for goons? Three enemy mechs destroyed, one of them downed with a double-heatshot. I can't figure out how much firepower we actually lost though through blown-off limbs. And surprisingly, the boss lance didn't seem to activate.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

enigma74 posted:

Was that a really good turn for goons? Three enemy mechs destroyed, one of them downed with a double-heatshot. I can't figure out how much firepower we actually lost though through blown-off limbs. And surprisingly, the boss lance didn't seem to activate.

They are active, they shot the rifleman. 2/3rds of the enemy not them are down and thats enough to activate.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They were actually going to open fire last turn, but I forgot :eng99:

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

enigma74 posted:

The loss of X7 Vindicator's Right Arm is nothing major, as the weapon mounted there (its PPC) was previously destroyed by a critical hit. However, the loss of 2 cLPLs definitely stings.

The Command Lance is going to destroy and/or cripple a few of the player's mechs for sure, seeing as how much of their armor has been ablated away.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So the Rifleman's LPLs were mounted in its arms? The mech status update doesn't say where they're mounted and it still lists them as OK, so I assumed that they were still operational. I guess I should've assumed that they were in the arms since from what information from BattleTech I've picked up from this thread, the original Rifleman had its lasers in the arms which was what made it such a good AA platform, so it would make sense that the IIC version would mount its pulse lasers in the arms as well. With two of those LPLs lost in the Right Arm, and the two in the Left Arm a hit or two from destruction, it looks like Hastur won't be able to lay down much more massive damage to enemy mechs, which is a shame since you guys are probably going to need as much firepower as possible to take out the Command Lance as quickly as possible now that they've activated. At least he took out another Jagermech before half his armament was blown off... Better get out of the line of fire of the Command Lance there though, they did put a lot of hurt on you at the end of this Shooting Phase...

Also, Steve manages to rack up another kill with a double tap to the head, while a UAC-20 double tap accounts for one of the remaining Grasshoppers. The remains of Grey Lance continue to scatter, though it looks like one group of them are turning towards the Archer that's out of ammo. Still, the other half looks like they're heading to threaten the Rifleman IIC, which could be dangerous seeing as how it got hit this turn. Hopefully they'll miss with most of their shots and you guys will be able to land most of yours to take them out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

So the Rifleman's LPLs were mounted in its arms? The mech status update doesn't say where they're mounted and it still lists them as OK, so I assumed that they were still operational. I guess I should've assumed that they were in the arms since from what information from BattleTech I've picked up from this thread, the original Rifleman had its lasers in the arms which was what made it such a good AA platform, so it would make sense that the IIC version would mount its pulse lasers in the arms as well. With two of those LPLs lost in the Right Arm, and the two in the Left Arm a hit or two from destruction, it looks like Hastur won't be able to lay down much more massive damage to enemy mechs, which is a shame since you guys are probably going to need as much firepower as possible to take out the Command Lance as quickly as possible now that they've activated. At least he took out another Jagermech before half his armament was blown off... Better get out of the line of fire of the Command Lance there though, they did put a lot of hurt on you at the end of this Shooting Phase...

Also, Steve manages to rack up another kill with a double tap to the head, while a UAC-20 double tap accounts for one of the remaining Grasshoppers. The remains of Grey Lance continue to scatter, though it looks like one group of them are turning towards the Archer that's out of ammo. Still, the other half looks like they're heading to threaten the Rifleman IIC, which could be dangerous seeing as how it got hit this turn. Hopefully they'll miss with most of their shots and you guys will be able to land most of yours to take them out.

If it is a clan mech, more than likely the primary weapons are in the arms. ESPECIALLY OMNIs. Torso guns cannot be fired when transporting Battle Armor.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

AtomikKrab posted:

If it is a clan mech, more than likely the primary weapons are in the arms. ESPECIALLY OMNIs. Torso guns cannot be fired when transporting Battle Armor.

Meh, as I said, I have little to no experience in BattleTech other than what I've picked up from this thread and others through nerd osmosis. I wouldn't have known that, but now I do.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

GhostStalker posted:

So the Rifleman's LPLs were mounted in its arms?

Even if they weren't, remember the update:

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Fires PPC at H1 Rifleman IIC (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/15 structure remains)! Torso destroyed!

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

KnoxZone posted:

One more shot to the left arm and that Rifleman IIC is just a small laser.

It can still charge (5 squares and -2 physical!), DFA (3 squares) and kick, all at -2, and soak damage! But yeah, perhaps he should continue to be careful till he's lost the last arm.

Death Commandos & Clanners definitely need to back off from Storm Lance's LoSs.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 9, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

So the Rifleman's LPLs were mounted in its arms?

Yes they are, did I forget to mark them destroyed? I knew I was missing something.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Double-post for MY HOME PLANET Episode 3! This one has ostriches in it and an estimated 19 dead civillians!

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... Why is the Aerofighter as big as the Overlord?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Double-post for MY HOME PLANET Episode 3! This one has ostriches in it and an estimated 19 dead civillians!

Glorious.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
DEAD and especially END OF EPISODE always seem to get me.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If only the random asian guy had stuffed a pistol into Ciro's purse too. :qq:

Then the episode would have ended with Day Glo Skeletor getting shot in the face. All the best officers go on patrol on foot, alone and unarmed to survey dangerous wreckage.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
[REDACTED]!!! :argh:

Goons ruin everything!

... Except episodes of BattleTech. This is some great stuff. :allears:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

All the best officers go on patrol on foot, alone and unarmed to survey dangerous wreckage.

I'm sure he had his whip with him (spoilers: he has a GODDAMNED WHIP)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm sure he had his whip with him (spoilers: he has a GODDAMNED WHIP)

Now you've committed yourself to making him an ASCII fedora for whenver he uses his whip. :allears:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I will say, you are indeed correct about the best scene in the series.

As to the Autocannon thing... It seems like half the mechs in here have autocannons. Including Centurions (who we've seen three of) and yet we only just saw the autocannon? Confuzzzled.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Calax posted:

I will say, you are indeed correct about the best scene in the series.

As to the Autocannon thing... It seems like half the mechs in here have autocannons. Including Centurions (who we've seen three of) and yet we only just saw the autocannon? Confuzzzled.

Autocannons aren't as flashy in the Enhanced Imaging as lasers are.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Zaodai posted:

Autocannons aren't as flashy in the Enhanced Imaging as lasers are.

This. They pulled a reverse MechCommander-

In MC, all weapon fire looks like tracers
In GI Steiner Battletech, all weapons fire looks like lazors. Except the Thor Special Attack ( <- A A ^ v B is the combo) from the cold-open in the first episode, which is... um... :iiam:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Paingod556 posted:

Except the Thor Special Attack ( <- A A ^ v B is the combo) from the cold-open in the first episode, which is... um... :iiam:

That was supposed to be SRMs. And those lasers the Thor shot from its legs in Episode 3? ALSO SRMs.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

So where did the Banshee landing mode thing come from. Is it really a decepticon? Is that mentioned in boondogles ?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

kingcom posted:

So where did the Banshee landing mode thing come from.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bonus points if you redo it to make it a Banshee-S.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I think I have a reason to buy myself an avatar...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Bonus points if you redo it to make it a Banshee-S.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Oh man, that's awesome.

The duct tape really sells it.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
That's a big roll of tape.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

You sell "rock on and peace out" better than Mookie ever could, added to the fanart page. I have to think of a way to use a parachuting Banshee in one of the next sets of missions somehow.

VVV I've actually got a good idea, I'm just wondering if it'll get picked.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 10, 2013

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

You sell "rock on and peace out" better than Mookie ever could, added to the fanart page. I have to think of a way to use a parachuting Banshee in one of the next sets of missions somehow.

Perhaps it's time to see how they test prototype technology in the IS? Or is "throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks" LOStech?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

Testing new and improved Orbital Insertion techniques designed for 'Mechs that don't have jump jets to brake?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also, remember to get your orders in, everyone. I know mine are!

If our docs are correct*, F11 could possibly be legged in one good kick to the right arc. He's also stood stock still, so Tjris, you know what you must do. The bosses started shooting at us but they haven't actually budged. We'll have to keep the Cougar alive, since he'll probably be the only mobile sniper capable of outranging the command lance come next turn, assuming someone doesn't get a lucky hit on him.

As far as I can tell, most of the enemy firepower is going to be pointed at the Rifleman, so X11 and H3 probably don't have to worry about drawing too much fire if they decide to get aggressive with the Shads and the Hoppers. X3's in a bad place, but this means X7 is less likely to be targeted too.

That said, we're in a mighty tough spot and we're probably not going be able to scrape out anything but an Escape, Hells Horses partial victory, so I can understand if everyone's not exactly pumped to be prompt.

*I really hope they are

PoptartsNinja posted:

The only thing Mookie has over me is the ability to keep a schedule. This being at severe cost to the quality of his art and writing, but there you go. He could be less terrible if he wanted to but he has conspicuously decided against self-improvement.

That aside, Lyran Rapid-Response Recon Drops: Let's make it happen!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nice work Xarb. I'm glad I was able to get you to take if over the top. I mean before it was like "oh they must not be confident this will work, they are only using a Banshee-E." but then as they get closer they realize "WAIT THAT'S A BANSHEE-S."

And then the Banshee Bro is like "you best be ready for this poo poo Dr. Bitch, you about to get hosed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Also, remember to get your orders in, everyone. I know mine are!

That said, we're in a mighty tough spot and we're probably not going be able to scrape out anything but an Escape, Hells Horses partial victory, so I can understand if everyone's not exactly pumped to be prompt.

You can still win this. Most of those `Mechs are tough but flawed (except for the BattleMaster, that thing's a monster).

• Locked thread