Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scylo posted:

Turns out the reason the BCCI are being poo poo about letting English county players play is because the ECB were poo poo about letting IPL teams play exhibition matches

Anything that throws poo poo at the BCCI is alright with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
A true captain's knock from Watson.

edit: lol Finch.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 10, 2013

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I do not like the new cricinfo iPhone app!

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Right, I just turned the cricket on, forgetting it was on today and you arseholes have some explaining to do. What the gently caress is Shaun Marsh doing in the side? Surely the dozen or so people that would be picked before him have the shits or something?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

EMC posted:

Right, I just turned the cricket on, forgetting it was on today and you arseholes have some explaining to do. What the gently caress is Shaun Marsh doing in the side? Surely the dozen or so people that would be picked before him have the shits or something?

Sick, injured, in India already.

Run rate of 2.36, this is going well.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
What happened to Bailey?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Hamstring injury I think

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

thehappyprince posted:

I do not like the new cricinfo iPhone app!

It's awful on the iPad. Crashes all over the place.

Why is Finch still in the Australian side?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You Am I posted:

It's awful on the iPad. Crashes all over the place.

Why is Finch still in the Australian side?

Everyone has already gone to India. CA think that tour is really really important for some reason.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Thomas is a great keeper.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Drop Finch, keep Voges

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I don't know when Australia next play an ODI, but I doubt Finch will be there. I imagine the selectors kept him on as everyone else is in India and the hope he would come good eventually. He legitimately earned his spot through his domestic performances, but at this stage he seems to be one of those players incapable of succeeding at the higher level.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Doctor Cave posted:

He legitimately earned his spot through his domestic performances, but at this stage he seems to be one of those players incapable of succeeding at the higher level.

newzealand.txt

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Apparently India has dusted off the biggest flog in world cricket Harbhajan for the test series.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
Haven't they heard that Ponting retired?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

T20 is the future of cricket

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Scylo posted:

"I know, we need more KFC and Good Charlotte advertising for the Big Bash! That will get more people interested!"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Scylo posted:

Is this more down to the massive amount of games of T20 that are played these days? When it first started it was something a bit different and it wasnt meant to be played as much as it is now, so it was more of a special occasion.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
As well as franchises being horrible artificial idiot poo poo whom approximately zero people have an emotional investment in seeing succeed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Exactly - is there any reason I should prefer the Thunder to the Sixers or does it just come down to which colour I like more?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
They are trying to emulate peoples investment in footy codes, but that's impossible as the footy codes have over one hundred years of history and peoples interest and what team they follow grew organically.

So maybe after 50 years the BBL will be successful?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

"I know, we need more KFC and Good Charlotte advertising for the Big Bash! That will get more people interested!"

I like it when they shill for KFC (despite being hardcore vegans not that long ago) and then the next ad is them shilling for Vodaphone.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
When Vodafone asked me why I was not renewing my contract with them last year I told them it was because they had ruined cricket forever

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009
At some stage someone was talking about the problem with BBL attendance this year, suggesting that too many games were scheduled early in the summer, whilst kids were still at school and people were more interested in christmas functions.

To be honest, I'm not even sure where the hell I heard this rationale (it may have been on ABC radio whilst they were talking to the Bellerive manager who was talking about the really really poo poo attendance for the test there), but I'd be interested in seeing if they were pulling that out of their arse or not, because it does not sound unreasonable.

Though I can't say I went to any BBL, so complete disinterest also sounds completely reasonable to me.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

A big problem is that the teams are just composed of a bunch of mercenaries whose decision on where they play is based solely on money. How is a fan supposed to care about a team when your star players could be playing for different teams next year?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Mister Chief posted:

A big problem is that the teams are just composed of a bunch of mercenaries whose decision on where they play is based solely on money. How is a fan supposed to care about a team when your star players could be playing for different teams next year?

Exactly. There can't be any parochialism with two teams called just Melbourne. If they'd gone with the Western Battlers and the Eastern Culture or something you might get some interest.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
New Zealand have had a pretty good world cup and had a good shot at making the final. Shame that one umpire had to completely gently caress it up for them.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The umpire last officiated an ODI in 2007. Seems legit.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Scylo posted:

New Zealand have had a pretty good world cup and had a good shot at making the final. Shame that one umpire had to completely gently caress it up for them.

We had more than a good shot, presuming we didn't run into that corrupt umpire and had beaten the West Indies comfortably as expected then we would be in the final regardless of the result v England (black caps style capitulation notwithstanding).

edit: Presuming the Aussies don't throw the game v the West Indies so they can meet them in the final then the winner of England v NZ should still go through.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

My sole prediction for this match is that Ian Butler will play like dog poo poo. I'll make sure to post the result once the match is over.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Well every single bowler will go for plenty today so it won't prove much.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He'll go for 38 off his first over.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Jade Dernbach has found his level.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If England lose this it'll be because they chose to bowl first.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 12, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

He'll go for 38 off his first over.

If Doully has his way you'll see him as our new test allrounder :wtc:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mister Chief posted:

If England lose this it'll be because they chose the bat first.

Yeah, that was a matchfixingly bad decision.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

^^ Fixed my post because everything about it was wrong.

"Swinging like a suburban key party in the 80s." - David Lloyd.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

cricinfo posted:

Another good over from McClenaghan, who looks like the bad guy from a 1990s action thriller but has started like a dream today

Nailed it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Urgh you just can't drop those (Ian Butler proving his worth as a T20 player just like I predicted though :smugdog: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are England trying to win... or?

• Locked thread