Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
She's spoiled for sure but yea, I've always maintained that she's super nice and would probably make a great mom.

The kid thing I think will eventually happen but I truly can't blame Howard for fighting it so hard. He had 3 kids, they're grown, and he's getting up there in age, it's not like he's being insane for not wanting a baby, it's a reasonable reaction(of sorts). That said, if he truly loves Beth and intends to live out his days with her and doesn't want a million cats in the house and a truly evil resentment from Beth then giving her a child she can shower with all her unused love and affection is the right move.

To be honest, I kinda think Howard would go nuts for the kid, too. He was at a weird phase in his life when he had the other 3 and while I don't think they had bad childhoods or anything, it's clear his mind always seemed to be elsewhere. With the show coming to a close and him basically running around looking for things to kill time I think he'd really do right by the baby and it'd grow on him very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Then him and Johnny Fratto can call each other at home and bore themselves stupid with stories of not being able to keep up with your young kids.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

AxeManiac posted:

I dunno about that, she seems pretty horrible here, that poor lady, she looks like she just pissed off god and is trying to crawl away into the darkness.

The lady in this GIF seems really awkward, rather than Beth seeming rude. Then again, the GIF is a couple of seconds long and I have no idea what the context is.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Well, you see Beth say something like "Stop it" when she tries to pet the dog while they are off stage/not on camera or whatever. You see the snap of a woman talking to an underling that is imposing on her moment. The woman is meek in response, she probably works with celebrities all the time and understands you don't anger them.

It's like a split second guttural response, the kind that people can't control.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

Well, you see Beth say something like "Stop it" when she tries to pet the dog while they are off stage/not on camera or whatever. You see the snap of a woman talking to an underling that is imposing on her moment. The woman is meek in response, she probably works with celebrities all the time and understands you don't anger them.

It's like a split second guttural response, the kind that people can't control.

It's kinda odd to see you say you give Chevy a pass despite literally decades of evidence that he's a horrible human being but 3 seconds of one gif and you really don't seem to like Beth at all. :v:

e: and for fairness sake, that gif really makes me cringe and I feel super bad for the other girl.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's a weird "stop it" if that IS what she's saying, she could just as easily be muttering something to the dog to soothe it and the woman is incidentally very awkward at the same time.

Most people are a bit freaked out by being on TV when that's not what they do for a living. Considering there's no audio, for all we know some PA is yelling at her to stop talking to the "talent" and get back to her mark from offscreen.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

The lady in this GIF seems really awkward, rather than Beth seeming rude. Then again, the GIF is a couple of seconds long and I have no idea what the context is.

Around the 4:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kisjy35zZB8

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

It's kinda odd to see you say you give Chevy a pass despite literally decades of evidence that he's a horrible human being but 3 seconds of one gif and you really don't seem to like Beth at all. :v:

e: and for fairness sake, that gif really makes me cringe and I feel super bad for the other girl.

Uhh, Beth wasn't Clark Griswold :colbert:

Ether Frenzy posted:

Most people are a bit freaked out by being on TV when that's not what they do for a living. Considering there's no audio, for all we know some PA is yelling at her to stop talking to the "talent" and get back to her mark from offscreen.

She's most likely the person that actually takes care of those animals when the camera isn't on.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 9, 2013

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
If anything, the video makes the moment even MORE ambiguous. On one hand, it looks like Beth told her to gently caress off and then put on a Hollywood smile while the lady silently stewed in embarrassment. On the other, it looks like maybe the other lady only thought Beth was angry at her and reacted really awkwardly to perceived anger that wasn't even there.

I feel like I've thought too much about this. Either way, I wouldn't form my whole opinion on Beth around this one thing. That woman could be Sal in disguise for all we know.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, I don't hate the woman, I'm usually on her side when people are picking on her just to pick on her, but she just seems phoney fake and like a person that only cares about her causes, like animals.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm more offended she went on Fox & Friends.

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

The few times Beth has called in to the show she has sounded like a loving high schooler. I remember after someone made fun of her (might have been the amazing joke Sal made) she just sounded so obviously manipulative, "woe is loving me, I'm so sensitive feel bad for me." And while I want to set myself apart from the obsessives who spend their time on the internet constantly moaning about what Stern has become, it really has become bad. It's literally Deirdre. And I think everyone had hoped Stern would have retired before it happened to him.

Oh well, the years of shows I have on my computer are plenty for me. It's just rather surreal when you hear old shows and think about what it has become.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

After the Stern roast, Beth's high school principal took a cab from Pittsburgh to Manhattan and comforted her.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

After the Stern roast, Beth's high school principal took a cab from Pittsburgh to Manhattan and comforted her.

Is this the one who had some really weird, not-at-all normal relationship with Beth while she was a student? Does anyone remember the details?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I remember someone saying he cried at her HS graduation. And he also invited her over to his house for something, but I don't remember why.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
He also visited her at her home one day when she was sick and didn't go to school.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cadence posted:

Is this the one who had some really weird, not-at-all normal relationship with Beth while she was a student? Does anyone remember the details?

She did something to get ejected from school for a day (some kind of at-home probation?) and the principal felt so bad about it that he came to visit her while she was away from school.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Specifically, she got suspended for a week for being involved in something with a group of students, and the principal went to her house every day of that week to have lunch with her.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The best part about that whole thing is Beth didn't think it was odd at all until she told Howard about it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah there are professors who won't even meet with students if the door is closed. A principal just visiting one of his students at home is a bit odd.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That is loving creepy as poo poo and he was totally trying to bang her.

buttscratch fever
Feb 6, 2013

by T. Mascis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0gV4oqg_Ik

Richard is so great

"Don't feel bad, I made love to a roll of paper towels once" :allears:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo I had no idea they compiled all the Get John's Job stuff for Howard TV. Thank you so much for this.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Been forever since I've watched those but man the finale is just one big ball of jealous douchebags. Practically every other contestant slams Richard at every chance saying he copied Sal and Dan, it just reeks of douchechills when you see that everyone, including Sal, is so incredibly jealous of Richard's work and talent that got him the job he rightfully earned while the rest either became the wackpackers they always were or cried so much that Howard took pity and gave them a job. There isn't a single decent human being in that whole group except Richard and the guy is a saint for just letting it all slide.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Crotch Bat posted:

Been forever since I've watched those but man the finale is just one big ball of jealous douchebags. Practically every other contestant slams Richard at every chance saying he copied Sal and Dan, it just reeks of douchechills when you see that everyone, including Sal, is so incredibly jealous of Richard's work and talent that got him the job he rightfully earned while the rest either became the wackpackers they always were or cried so much that Howard took pity and gave them a job. There isn't a single decent human being in that whole group except Richard and the guy is a saint for just letting it all slide.

Wasn't "Dan the Song Parody Man" also given a job when they got to Sirius, and then was banned from working in the actual Sirius offices? Could have sworn I heard that back when they first got there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

Wasn't "Dan the Song Parody Man" also given a job when they got to Sirius, and then was banned from working in the actual Sirius offices? Could have sworn I heard that back when they first got there.

I can't remember if he was banned, but that does sound vaguely familiar. I know he moved to Las Vegas somewhere along the line to work for "Beecher's Madhouse", and he was still producing content for the Stern show then.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I wonder if Artie ever got the 7500 bucks Dan owed him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Why is it that anyone who makes song parodies for the show ends up being an rear end in a top hat. When they had the two Robin song guys in to talk, I hated them both and just wanted them to make more songs and stop crying about everything else, like who came up with the idea to say rear end in a top hat instead of abbey road in a song first.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am watching a Law and Order SVU from a couple weeks ago, and Fred loving Norris out of nowhere as a guy running a head shop. I totally missed this - did they talk about it on the show?!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What episode is it? I gotta check this out.

Funny that his acting career is more successful than his wife's.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

What episode is it? I gotta check this out.

Funny that his acting career is more successful than his wife's.

Don't know which episode, but I think this is the scene.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I would buy a double bubbler from Fred.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Wouldn't it be great if Howard decided to call it quits and the majority of his staff went to the Artie Show? That's the best outcome when Howard ends the show.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 11, 2013

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kelly posted:

I am watching a Law and Order SVU from a couple weeks ago, and Fred loving Norris out of nowhere as a guy running a head shop. I totally missed this - did they talk about it on the show?!

Excuse me, his name is Eric.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Vacation? I guess Howard and Beth need all of Valentine's week to make that baby...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Brocktoon posted:

Vacation? I guess Howard and Beth need all of Valentine's week to make that baby...

No you see, he's working even though he's not on the radio, he's thinking about it and thinking about AGT so he's working cut him some slack already jeez.

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

prefect posted:

I can't remember if he was banned, but that does sound vaguely familiar. I know he moved to Las Vegas somewhere along the line to work for "Beecher's Madhouse", and he was still producing content for the Stern show then.

I don't believe he was or is banned.

One time he came to the office for a meeting, Ronnie told Dan that no one wanted him there. Howard heard about it and yelled at Ronnie, saying it was none of his business and the he wanted Dan at the meeting.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CrazyAss13 posted:

I don't believe he was or is banned.

One time he came to the office for a meeting, Ronnie told Dan that no one wanted him there. Howard heard about it and yelled at Ronnie, saying it was none of his business and the he wanted Dan at the meeting.

That's good to hear. Ronnie is a douchebag who loves to lord his "power" over other people, and Dan has always seemed like a pretty cool guy. And talented, too.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@HowardStern posted:

Fred, souped it up. We will play it soon! rt @TheStateOfTal Just heard the replay of Jewel singing "who will save your soul" ...excellent

by the way, fred suped it up...just checked the urban dictionary...yo yo yo

It's weird knowing that Howard is aware of urban dictionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I knew I should have pick President Benjamin Franklin