Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

That's a hatchback, and the GT86/FRS/BRZ is a liftback like an old Celica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

DJ Commie posted:

That's a hatchback, and the GT86/FRS/BRZ is a liftback like an old Celica.

Technically a liftback is a subcategory of hatchback. :eng101:

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

pik_d posted:

Jeremy Clarkson and James May said it's not a hatchback so it's not a hatchback.
The one Hammond had for that test was a convertible. The back opens differently.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

pik_d posted:

Jeremy Clarkson and James May said it's not a hatchback so it's not a hatchback.

If Jeremy Clarkson said the moon was made from sperm, would you believe him?

The 500 is VERY clearly a hatchback, the BRZ is a liftback.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

Sorry does not meet exact angle requirement for hatchback certification.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Hmm, the SIARPC is quite good this week, if you usually skip it, I'd give it a chance.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

InitialDave posted:

Hmm, the SIARPC is quite good this week, if you usually skip it, I'd give it a chance.

Amy MacDonald. :swoon:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The BRZ is a coupe, it has a trunk, the back window isn't part of it. the 500 is a hatchback. the 500c is a tent with a trunk. Richard hammond brought this to a hatchback comparo.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh man that Toyota! Such a great car, and at Golf money, too!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

InitialDave posted:

her voice could put you to sleep. She could be telling me exactly the precise steps I need to accomplish to save my life from impending doom and I'd probably tune out and start thinking about anything more interesting like how chip board is made or what that dark stuff under my fingernail is. I don't even remember what their her and Clarkson were talking about.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

Oh man that Toyota! Such a great car, and at Golf money, too!

The GT500 was pretty awesome too, also for Golf money*

*the golf R in the UK can be configured up to 33,710 gbp

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Golf money for the Toyota? Hell, the Vauxhall Corsa, in VXR Nurburgring form, is 」22,380 before you look at the options list.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Golf money for the Toyota? Hell, the Vauxhall Corsa, in VXR Nurburgring form, is £22,380 before you look at the options list.

I think you just answered their question about what car yobbos will drive now that the impeza is gone.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Always love the European races. SIARPC poo poo as usual.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
The first race was ten years ago! I feel so old. :smith:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Xeno posted:

SIARPC poo poo as usual.
At least she actually talked a bit about cars. What more do you want?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Good to see Clarkson not win a race.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I wanted James to win it with the bike.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

James May's surprise collapsible bike was excellent.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

At least she actually talked a bit about cars. What more do you want?

I would have loved to hear more about the cars that she's owned. Details, impressions, quirky anecdotes, why she likes the R8 so much she bought 3, anything interesting at all. The car her mum drove when she was growing up and her impressions of that. I thought it was a fairly wooden interview

(yes ok she's a young, hot celebrity who's into cars and maybe that's enough; we'll take it)

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

McDragon posted:

James May's surprise collapsible bike was excellent.

For a second I thought it was a unicycle, which would have been a riot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just saw a Top Gear episode with Hammond in a Daytona Coupe racing James in a boat to a bar in some coastal city in Italy. Can somebody tell which season/episode that was?

The Daytona was so :allears:

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Linedance posted:

her voice could put you to sleep.

I liked her voice :(

Really liked finally seeing the Toyota go around the track, too, although I wish they had compared the times to something like a GTI or other sporty cars in its price range.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm I dunno. I've found this series so far to be kinda soulless. Maybe it's because the guys are getting older. The premise of this episode was interesting but the whole thing fell flat to me; same with the USA special last week.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

leica posted:

I just saw a Top Gear episode with Hammond in a Daytona Coupe racing James in a boat to a bar in some coastal city in Italy. Can somebody tell which season/episode that was?

The Daytona was so :allears:

That was series twelve, episode five.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 11, 2013

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fivre posted:

For a second I thought it was a unicycle, which would have been a riot.

I was hoping it would be a Gockicle. :v:

E: This was great:

My brain helpfully played the "Mario going down a pipe into the underworld" sound effect for me.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 11, 2013

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Just made me depressed about the lovely trains on my continent. I get distance/my tax dollars/right of way stuff makes it impossible for the US to have non-lovely rail, but drat. They were bitching up a storm when their train was only doing 80 through the mountains. 80 being the projected top speed for the 'high speed rail' we're going to spend a few billion dollars not getting between Chicago and St. Louis (and only 10mph faster than the existing rail line)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Slo-Tek posted:

Just made me depressed about the lovely trains on my continent. I get distance/my tax dollars/right of way stuff makes it impossible for the US to have non-lovely rail, but drat. They were bitching up a storm when their train was only doing 80 through the mountains. 80 being the projected top speed for the 'high speed rail' we're going to spend a few billion dollars not getting between Chicago and St. Louis (and only 10mph faster than the existing rail line)

Yeah I had to do a double take when they said the train was going 180mph. I always assumed only the crazy bullet trains in Japan could go that fast.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.
I could've sworn Clarkson lost a race where he took a train and May beat him in a car. Hammond was on a bike.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

boxen posted:

I liked her voice :(

Really liked finally seeing the Toyota go around the track, too, although I wish they had compared the times to something like a GTI or other sporty cars in its price range.

If my eyes saw correctly, it was right behind a BMW M3, which is pretty good if you ignore all the supercars on the board.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

OldPueblo posted:

I could've sworn Clarkson lost a race where he took a train and May beat him in a car. Hammond was on a bike.
That's correct.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

Ak Gara posted:

If my eyes saw correctly, it was right behind a BMW M3, which is pretty good if you ignore all the supercars on the board.

Right underneath the M5 in the very wet. I think Clarkson summed it up when he stared at the camera and just smiled - it's a car you buy because you can enjoy it at the maximum without breaking every driving regulation on the books.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

nmfree posted:

That's correct.

Which one was this?

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

JPrime posted:

Which one was this?

Season 10, ep 5: London Race - Car vs. Bicycle vs. Boat vs. Public Transport

Just kidding - Season 13, ep 1: Race to the North - Jaguar XK120 vs. Vincent Black Shadow vs. Tornado locomotive

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Ah, I saw Hammond on a bike and thought of the London traffic one where Clarkson was in the boat. Completely forgot about the Train/Car/Motorcycle one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think it's the first time he's lost while driving a car, though, so maybe that's it.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

InitialDave posted:

I think it's the first time he's lost while driving a car, though, so maybe that's it.

You are correct, it is the first time he lost vs public transport.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

he probably would have won if he'd taken the Eurotunnel. Honestly, who takes the stupid ferry when the tunnel gets you across in 35 minutes?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Linedance posted:

he probably would have won if he'd taken the Eurotunnel. Honestly, who takes the stupid ferry when the tunnel gets you across in 35 minutes?
Because then he'd be on a train, making the race invalid :colbert:

The Stang looks great, and sure it copped a bit due to its NVH compared to other Euro/Japanese. Clarkson slammed the Falcon GT in a newspaper article for the same reason, even throwing in "it can't corner" which is something the Aussie built muscles cars could do compare to US models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Amy McDonald is so perfect :allears: