Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Conot posted:

Wheres the robot king when you need him.

Why hello.

It kinda seems to me like the headmaster went off and made his own decision independent of what anyone else at the Court might have said, from all the mumbling. An interesting look at the power structure there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wow, Annie must really feel like crap right now.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Huh, I have a feeling some pretty firm disciplinary measures are about to be handed out.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

cafel posted:

Huh, I have a feeling some pretty firm disciplinary measures are about to be handed out.

Spankies?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This really doesn't seem the proper forum to be disciplining Annie. Informing Coyote she'll no longer be visiting, perhaps, but not more than that.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Wow, this is Mort Fun Times levels of mod swinging.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Uuh, no offense Headmaster, but do you think it might not be a good idea to insult the indestructible entity which has existed on this planet since there was a planet to exist on, and can crush you and everyone else in that room to molecular dust with just her bare hands?

Just saying.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, it wasn't quite an insult. More of a curt brush-off.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Jenx posted:

Uuh, no offense Headmaster, but do you think it might not be a good idea to insult the indestructible entity which has existed on this planet since there was a planet to exist on, and can crush you and everyone else in that room to molecular dust with just her bare hands?

Just saying.

Considering said being has no emotions it hardly matters if it was the worst insult in the universe.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Continuity detail, Jimmy Jims has smudging underneath his eye from the black makeup/bodypaint that he wears when hes in his Dragon Slayer outfit.

And Coyote continues to make the best faces.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Bussamove posted:

Why hello.

It kinda seems to me like the headmaster went off and made his own decision independent of what anyone else at the Court might have said, from all the mumbling. An interesting look at the power structure there.

If that were true, and he were the only one making the decision, then that'd be Jimmy Hoffa levels of gently caress you. He'd be at the bottom of the Annan Waters next to Jeanne's boyfriend.

No, the only human beings that are upset about this are the people that can't do anything about it.

Which is why I'm interested to see what Coyote does.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

The Sin of Onan posted:

Aww, poo poo, that Annie face. This chapter is going to bad places.

She is when the only alternatives are Parley and Smitty. Don't get me wrong, I love Parley and Smitty, but neither of them really has much of a diplomatic touch.

Well, Annie is hardly more diplomatic, when you think about it. I mean, the incident with Mort and the Blink Stone, or the absolutely vicious arguement with Reynardine, or pissing off Ysengrin, anyone? Annie's a pretty good person most of the time, but she's a bad diplomat.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
I have a feeling the Headmaster is about to do something very rude, moreso than acting bored like the last time Coyote was there. Some sort of diplomatic incident of some sort I imagine.

Also very telling is how shocked everyone seems to be, not just Annie. Even that one guy looks super confused.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Did the headmaster make this choice? He did say "we took your findings into consideration", but he's thoroughly gone for "the Court has made its decision", "the Court has chosen" each time.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Oh no! A MURMRMR! The loudest murmur!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jenx posted:

It would be very out of character for Jones to be angry about it; or about anything else really.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Come to think of it, thinner eyebrows aside, the headmaster looks a whole lot like an older Smitty... :tinfoil:

e; The Court is also very orderly

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Did the headmaster make this choice? He did say "we took your findings into consideration", but he's thoroughly gone for "the Court has made its decision", "the Court has chosen" each time.

No, he likely didn't make the choice. I don't know if we've ever seen the Court proper outside of flashbacks, really. Up until now, I'd consider the Dolans/Jimmy Jims as part of 'the Court' because of their positions, but it's pretty obvious that they had no idea about this decision.

Everyone refers to the Court as just that. We really have no idea who/what the Court is other than a group of giant jerks.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I wonder if this is when Chekov's copied homework finally fires. In any case, it seems like some real serious poo poo's gonna go down shortly.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that "furthermore" may be something to the tune of "you will be assisted in your duties by Miss Parley." And maybe Annie. But probably not.

He and Parley's powers just compliment each other really well, so maybe they'll end up working as a team.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
"Furthermore, Ms. Carver will hereby be placed under academic probation."
"But... but why?"
"Young lady, we were willing to overlook the skipped detentions, classes, trespassing, borderline treason, goading a general of the forest into attacking, and reckless endangerment of court property and personnel, but the one thing we absolutely won't tolerate is cheating on your homework!"

You know, if you remember that the court is an actual school, this might make more sense. Annie is a horrible student.

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

I wonder if this is when Chekov's copied homework finally fires. In any case, it seems like some real serious poo poo's gonna go down shortly.

Dammit, beaten.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I agree that Annie's got some poo poo coming her way, but would the headmaster himself announce that kind of academic discipline in front of delegates from the forest? That'd be more than a little undignified.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I agree that Annie's got some poo poo coming her way, but would the headmaster himself announce that kind of academic discipline in front of delegates from the forest? That'd be more than a little undignified.

If there's one thing we know about the headmaster is that he's pretty tactless and detached.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I can't stand the suspense! :byodame:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

We've been reminded of it a second time already (during the most recent Zimmy chapter) so I would not be one bit surprised if it happens soon. Not sure that it'll be during this scene though, it seems a bit petty for a ~major diplomatic gathering~ unless he's going to use it to expel her from the Court.

God I love this comic.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Wait, how can this conversation be taking place if Coyote stopped time? :confused:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Furthermore, George Parley will begin training as a dragonslayer. And Antimony Carver will begin training as a boxbot, because she has been a terrible student."

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Podima posted:

Not sure that it'll be during this scene though, it seems a bit petty for a ~major diplomatic gathering~ unless he's going to use it to expel her from the Court.
Nothing like a good cashiering to quell dissent in the ranks! :commissar:

I dunno if they'd expel her outright, though. Reynardine is still bound to her, and I don't think the Court would want a loose end like that twisting in the wind.

Unless they expel her, then confine her to the Court. Who has power of attorney over Annie anyway? She's still a minor after all.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
People keep saying Jones has no emotions about this (I know what she's said about it). If nothing else, though, she's faking surprise. Look at her eyebrows. They're much higher than normal.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Filthy Haiku posted:

If there's one thing we know about the headmaster is that he's pretty tactless and detached.

Oh yeah. That's definitely true.

This should be fun!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Out-there possibility: the headmaster is aware of Jeanne, and Annie's attempts to help her, and will be taking action to prevent any further meddling with her on Annie's part.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Wait, how can this conversation be taking place if Coyote stopped time? :confused:

Tom has clearly made an error in the continuity. I assume a correction is in short order.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
I get the feeling that the Court may be making a move towards something on a grander scale than what they've been up to. Something that may even be detrimental to the health of the Forest. The medium is supposed to be impartial to either side, but the Court knows that Annie would very likely stick to her guns and not allow herself to be controlled when the poo poo hits the fan, seeing as how she cares for both sides.

Someone with fewer ties to the Forest, however...

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Outlandish theory: Anthony was somehow aware of Annie's medium candidacy and contacted the Court to put a stop to it.

(I just really want Anthony to show up, okay?)

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

One thing I love about this page is how apparent it was that Annie was supposedly a shoo-in for the position. Literally nobody thought otherwise. I smell shenanigans.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Also, I agree it's pretty likely that the Court is about to ban Annie from making any more visits to the Forest, invited or not. It seems like the logical move for the Court to make, for both her correction and her protection, and this would be an appropriate time to announce it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bonster posted:

People keep saying Jones has no emotions about this (I know what she's said about it). If nothing else, though, she's faking surprise. Look at her eyebrows. They're much higher than normal.

After long enough mimicking humans it's probably habitual by now.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

MikeJF posted:

Out-there possibility: the headmaster is aware of Jeanne, and Annie's attempts to help her, and will be taking action to prevent any further meddling with her on Annie's part.

If this happens it'll be scary. The Court will not react kindly to anything to do with that.

Annie facing consequences for the cheating seems pretty likely. As Tupperwarez says her control over Reynardine is important to the Court so I don't see them trying to ship her off to her dad or anything extreme like that. The thought is pretty horrible as he's proven he's willing to do weird experiments on his own daughter.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

YF-23 posted:

I thought he might, but then how would he justify his candidacy in the first place?

He could just say he had reconsidered. What're they going to do? Wait until the fourth time he goes to the forest and says "hey Coyote, you smell. I brought Ysengrin his favorite doggy treats! Also I told the Court that you said science sucks and that you've declared war on France" before accepting that he doesn't want the job?

Not that I think turning down the position is in character. Also that would turn out to be exactly true and Ysengrin would wonder how Smitty knew about his secret addiction to doggy treats.

Can't wait to see Coyote react more. He'll probably play it smooth (he is Coyote).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Now I really want to know who/what "the court" consists of. Who makes the decisions anyway. I had always assumed Anya, Donald, Jimmy-jims, etc were part of that group. Being that they are teachers, maybe they are considered faculty and don't make the decisions, as opposed to the higher-ups like the headmaster.