Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Last picture posted by me was a crappy cell phone shot. This forum deserves better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That hood gap :stare:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Every time I see a Focus ST I get a little more excited for the Fiesta ST. I hope it looks as good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It's a secondary cooling mechanism!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What size are the tires on there? 225?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Bovril Delight posted:

What size are the tires on there? 225?

235's I think. It's a good thing that after I washed it yesterday I took pics, because its POURING loving RAIN NOW. :argh:

And the hood gap bothered me at first, but as it turns out they all have it. I don't know whether that makes it bad or good but it bothers me a lot less.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Found another FR-S!

They're too cute. :3:

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

235's I think. It's a good thing that after I washed it yesterday I took pics, because its POURING loving RAIN NOW. :argh:

And the hood gap bothered me at first, but as it turns out they all have it. I don't know whether that makes it bad or good but it bothers me a lot less.

I have a 2012 focus and you can adjust the hood gap.

Twist those "knobs" that I circled and keep shutting the hood to see if you are making corrections.

I would try to adjust the one on the driver's side first obviously.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

It is kind of evidence of lovely build quality, but as guy above me showed, they built the car with Ford employees in mind!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Faerunner posted:

I guess he needed to replace the tires before winter after all.

Body shop estimate is over $7200 so far, not worth completing the estimate. 'New' car time. Do any come with steel reinforced steel bumpers on all sides? Like a metal bumper car?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Faerunner posted:

Body shop estimate is over $7200 so far, not worth completing the estimate. 'New' car time. Do any come with steel reinforced steel bumpers on all sides? Like a metal bumper car?

If they don't just fly underneath you, they certainly aren't going to do any damage.

(I suggest retrofitting seatbelts, however)

Not my ride, but drat if it isn't on the "jump on it instantly if seen on CL for under $xxxx" list.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
What is that? I need to make sure my fiance never sees one or he'll try to buy five. Hah.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's an M715 that's been somewhat customized. They were marginally lower and with somewhat smaller tires from the factory.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Some Guy From NY posted:

I have a 2012 focus and you can adjust the hood gap.

What's the point in adjusting something like that? Why would you want more or less hood gap?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Frozen-Solid posted:

What's the point in adjusting something like that? Why would you want more or less hood gap?

So it doesn't look like a GM PRODUCT cheap Matchbox toy?

v- Someone's tempting fate. BIG TIME!

Viggen fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 8, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Look how pretty she is when she's all clean and shiny!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Look how pretty she is when she's all clean and shiny!

Them look like wheel-eating curbs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are. I only parked her out front because I'm going out later. Usually she's safe out back were curbs don't live.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It is kind of evidence of lovely build quality, but as guy above me showed, they built the car with Ford employees in mind!

well, its adjustable, and i adjusted it. I'm too lazy to go take a picture but its gone. are you happy now?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

well, its adjustable, and i adjusted it. I'm too lazy to go take a picture but its gone. are you happy now?

It's your car dude, do whatever.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

West SAAB Story posted:

v- Someone's tempting fate. BIG TIME!

Particularly if you have read the MZR thread lately. I have seen things that can't be unseen.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
GAPS? ON MY CAR?

*scoffs loudly*

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

West SAAB Story posted:

So it doesn't look like a GM PRODUCT cheap Matchbox toy?

No, I mean what is the point of having a "feature" on a car that lets you change the hood gap? That's what seems silly to me. Is there really alternate opinions on how much gap should be under the hood that having twisty things to be able to customize that needed, or is there some kind of practical use of it?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Frozen-Solid posted:

No, I mean what is the point of having a "feature" on a car that lets you change the hood gap? That's what seems silly to me. Is there really alternate opinions on how much gap should be under the hood that having twisty things to be able to customize that needed, or is there some kind of practical use of it?

Not everything will fit perfectly. You have these little knobs in order to adjust the panel gap when you put on the hood. Why it came from the factory with such a large gap is another question.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Lots of cars have those little adjustment knobs for hoods, hatches and trunks.

Pop your hood some time and look for those little black stoppers, chances are you can twist them left and right to change where the hood stops.

I assume it's for a combination of ease of assembly at the factory and ability to compensate as stuff wears out on the car. For hatches it's clearly to try in vain to get rid of hatch rattle at various speeds.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Next someone will find out that factory cars have oversized adjustable holes for body panels and have little shims to make it all look okay!

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

DJ Commie posted:

Next someone will find out that factory cars have oversized adjustable holes for body panels and have little shims to make it all look okay!

You shut your mouth, body shims are just a myth.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I went outside today and took a picture.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

Good enough :v:

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Not my car (or photo), but this was driving down the motorway in the UK a couple weeks back when they had a lot of snow

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mik posted:

Not my car (or photo), but this was driving down the motorway in the UK a couple weeks back when they had a lot of snow

Some rear end in a top hat in a parking lot mocked me for brushing as much snow off my car as possible last week. Meanwhile he hadn't even cleared his headlghts. Do people really expect the wind to clear their cars off?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in a parking lot mocked me for brushing as much snow off my car as possible last week. Meanwhile he hadn't even cleared his headlghts. Do people really expect the wind to clear their cars off?

If you hook up a good enough powerslide and jump a few curbs you can knock most of the snow off the car in the first five, six minutes of a snow drive. :v:

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Spent the day arsing around Wales with some other nice metal. Weather was awful but still good fun. Managed to get an hour on a tiny, narrow, twisty go kart track for a laugh. We lost the 458 Italia to the central reservation though early in the morning, will post pics of the damage later. poo poo camera phone pictures I'm afraid.

Not my picture (hence why it's decent)

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is that black on red a noble?

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is that black on red a noble?

Ascari, same designer though.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Xeno posted:

Ascari, same designer though.

Thing is pretty nice. What's the difference between the two and how quick was it around the track?

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Thing is pretty nice. What's the difference between the two and how quick was it around the track?

Yeah it's really rare and attracts a lot of 'Ooo what's that' attention. It's 400-ish hp from a Chevy V8, mid engined, no traction control and pouring with rain, he spent most of the day on the grass or pointing backwards :) I'm not familiar with the history, I know there's only about 9 left because the rest are in ditches, think Noble designed it before he started his own company?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I looked it up cause I didn't know anything about them either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascari_FGT

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do you know a dude with a McLaren F1 and black F40 by any chance? He puts on some cars and coffee things. I assume the car list is enough to identify him without posting a name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that
Traded my jeep in for an '03 z06.

Still getting used to it. Used to have a base 2000 Vette. I didn't think the difference would be enough to notice, but it definitely is.