Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just tried to post again, it went through the "replying..." step and then was loading unread posts and mine didn't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

myron cope posted:

I just tried to post again, it went through the "replying..." step and then was loading unread posts and mine didn't show up.

I've had that happen a couple times tonight in a normal web browser.. the forums might just be wonky tonight.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Can you make it so I can apply YOSPOS skins to the entire forums?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Same thing on my iPad mini. iOS 6.1, jailbroken.

2013-02-11 03:31:41 +0000 kbd -[TIXPCDataTransport _handleForPurpose:withReplyBlock:] couldn't get data source for purpose=__TIRDTAB

Edit: just tested 1.10.2 #3 on my iPad, same thing happens when I post.

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 11, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

The app has a custom css option which I think you can access via itunes. Pull the yospos one out of the git repo and drop it in as the default.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

scary ghost dog posted:

It's on the list! For now, xzzy's got your back.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Are you planning to add Launch Center Pro support?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

Are you planning to add Launch Center Pro support?

Let me know if you don't see it by next week.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

pokeyman posted:

Let me know if you don't see it by next week.

Actually it seems it already does!
http://handleopenurl.com/scheme/awful

It just doesn't show up on the apps list for some reason, but I can add a shortcut manually.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I think there's a Launch Center Pro-specific repository of apps and their URL schemes, so I took a minute to fill out that form. Saves others the trouble of filling it out manually. Glad to hear you can make it work in the meantime though! (I don't use Launch Center Pro so I don't know how any of this actually works.)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cryptic Edge posted:

Can not edit (the option does not exist) one of my previous posts.

If you go to the Settings tab, do you see your name? If so, can you now edit the post?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

pokeyman posted:

I think there's a Launch Center Pro-specific repository of apps and their URL schemes, so I took a minute to fill out that form. Saves others the trouble of filling it out manually. Glad to hear you can make it work in the meantime though! (I don't use Launch Center Pro so I don't know how any of this actually works.)

It works fine, all I had to do was type in awful://bookmarks and tapping that takes me to my bookmarks. :)

I use Launch Center Pro mostly for the actions (specifically so that I can call/text/email/search+dial contacts with one tap), but I wanted to have the Awful app there because I keep Launch on my dock and it's easier to get to Awful that way.

e: I should probably add a big thank you for the Awful app, too. It rocks. :)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Reporting that 1.10.2 Beta #5 lets me post AND see unread messages as unread! :holy:

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 11, 2013

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pokeyman posted:

If you go to the Settings tab, do you see your name? If so, can you now edit the post?

I now have the option for post editing, but posting still does not function. I've tried a few times, tried edits. Still effective read only on the build you just released.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Small bug, refreshing a thread turns all the off white stuff blue. Refreshing again fixes it.

Edit: might only do it if it loads a new post.

So how does that happen anyway? The white to blue thing I mean.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do you have "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" in the user control panel set to yes?

(not in the app, you have to access it via a web browser)

Because that feature will shade posts that have been read as blue.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

You don't even need to have that option on, but you could make a good argument that the app should respect this setting. Unread posts get a white background, read posts get a blue background. When you first load the page those posts are unread so they get a white background. When you refresh the page they become blue because they are now read. This is the same way it works on the site (assuming you have that option turned on).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But it does respect it. I just tested it myself.

Option off: white posts, all the time, for both app and browser. Option on: read posts are tinted blue on both app and browser.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

But it does respect it. I just tested it myself.

Option off: white posts, all the time, for both app and browser. Option on: read posts are tinted blue on both app and browser.

It's not respecting it for me. I'm on the latest beta though which has some under the hood changes that I think could've affected it. So I guess it's a bug in the beta.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Is that an option on by default?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Diabolik900 posted:

It's not respecting it for me. I'm on the latest beta though which has some under the hood changes that I think could've affected it. So I guess it's a bug in the beta.

I'm using a custom build from source too, but my git checkout is about a week old. :v:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
1.10.2 #5 works for me w/ regards to read/unread post colorings.

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Love is the stuff inside.
Smilies, avatars and ad banners appear to me as small gray square frames with no content. Images linked in a post appear fine. Clicking on a frame that I presume is a smily gets me the following error message whhen the Awful browser window opens:

Could not load image.
Expected status code in (200-299)
Got 403 (error code -1011)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Yolkfolk posted:

Smilies, avatars and ad banners appear to me as small gray square frames with no content. Images linked in a post appear fine. Clicking on a frame that I presume is a smily gets me the following error message whhen the Awful browser window opens:

Could not load image.
Expected status code in (200-299)
Got 403 (error code -1011)

What version of Awful are you using?

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Love is the stuff inside.

pokeyman posted:

What version of Awful are you using?

It says 1.10.1 at the top of the settings tab

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Cryptic Edge posted:

I now have the option for post editing, but posting still does not function. I've tried a few times, tried edits. Still effective read only on the build you just released.

Still seeing this too. Can't post. I haven't tried editing (I'll try on this post)

E: editing doesn't work, option is there.

e: Is there a way I can help debug this? I don't see anything in the console

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

myron cope posted:

Still seeing this too. Can't post. I haven't tried editing (I'll try on this post)

E: editing doesn't work, option is there.

e: Is there a way I can help debug this? I don't see anything in the console

I have some ideas. If there's nothing in the console I think you're pretty stuck, unless you want to dive into some code.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Test post

Test edit

Real edit: i posted and edited from 1.10.1 #5 which is what's in the app store. 1.10.2 #5 had been working for me but when I went to test editing, it started this again:

2013-02-12 04:02:28 +0000 kbd -[TIXPCDataTransport _handleForPurpose:withReplyBlock:] couldn't get data source for purpose=__TIRDTAB

1.10.2 #5 does this every time I post or edit after I tried the initial edit. I even deleted the app and reinstalled 1.10.2-5 from testflight and the issue persisted.

Test edit 2: 1.10.2 #6 success!

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 12, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

2013-02-12 04:02:28 +0000 kbd -[TIXPCDataTransport _handleForPurpose:withReplyBlock:] couldn't get data source for purpose=__TIRDTAB

This poo poo might be the least helpful error I've encountered (vicariously, as I can't reproduce it) with this app. It has something to do with text input (the TI at the start), and I'm guessing the text view (or something related) is being deallocated at an inopportune time. But that's a total guess.

You're on iOS 6 right?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

A test post

E: pokey man you are a king and a god. Pokey man for pope

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Posting from 1.10.2 #6!

Edit: 1.10.2-6 lets me edit posts on my iPhone 4S but not my iPad mini. The edit option doesn't show up on the iPad at all.

New NEW Edit: logout and login fixed iPad edit issues. Nothing to see here :v:

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 12, 2013

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

pokeyman posted:

Hrm, I get audio from all four videos in that post. Can you do me a favour and let me know what version of Awful you have, what version of iOS you have, and whether this happens on an iPhone or iPad? I don't know if I can do anything about it, but that info might help.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.02, Awful latest (1.10.1?)

It surely could be a fluke but when I popped those links out in Chrome the sound was fine.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

the yeti posted:

iPhone 5, iOS 6.02, Awful latest (1.10.1?)

It surely could be a fluke but when I popped those links out in Chrome the sound was fine.

iPhone 4S, 6.1 jb, 1.10.2-6

The videos play with sound UNLESS my mute switch is set to Silent.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Yeah I posted before I read down a bit and saw:

Froist posted:

This might sound patronising but it's not; you didn't have the mute switch on did you? Awful obeys that switch for embedded videos which you might not expect as Safari/Chrome/etc ignore it.

This is certainly it, and it never occurred to me to check since my phone is always muted and other apps play YouTube content with doing regardless.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

the yeti posted:

This is certainly it, and it never occurred to me to check since my phone is always muted and other apps play YouTube content with doing regardless.

Alright cool, it's on the list for fixing. Thanks for checking and reporting back!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Posting works again, but it looks like some form of the "posts being marked read" thing from before is back. If I'm in a thread and hit the arrow or pull to load the next page, they're marked read. If I load from bookmarks they aren't.

Also I got two crashes in a row when reloading bookmarks.
code:

2013-02-12 16:46:51 +0000 Awful An instance 0x1e523620 of class AwfulPostsViewController was deallocated while key value observers were still registered with it. Observation info was leaked, and may even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current observation info:
<NSKeyValueObservationInfo 0x1f16ef90> (
<NSKeyValueObservance 0x1f16ef30: Observer: 0x1e523620, Key path: thread.seenPosts, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0xe14c0, Property: 0x1f16f030>
)
2013-02-12 16:47:25 +0000 searchd Indexed all records in 0.98s
2013-02-12 16:47:34 +0000 Awful An instance 0x1f154080 of class AwfulPostsViewController was deallocated while key value observers were still registered with it. Observation info was leaked, and may even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current observation info:
<NSKeyValueObservationInfo 0x1f042000> (
<NSKeyValueObservance 0x1f0908f0: Observer: 0x1f154080, Key path: thread.seenPosts, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0xe14c0, Property: 0x1f16f030>
)
2013-02-12 16:48:26 +0000 searchd Indexed all records in 0.94s
2013-02-12 16:52:45 +0000 Awful An instance 0x20c74580 of class AwfulPostsViewController was deallocated while key value observers were still registered with it. Observation info was leaked, and may even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current observation info:
<NSKeyValueObservationInfo 0x1f0f0c90> (
<NSKeyValueObservance 0x1f19c000: Observer: 0x20c74580, Key path: thread.seenPosts, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0xe14c0, Property: 0x1f16f030>
<NSKeyValueObservance 0x1f19c000: Observer: 0x20c74580, Key path: thread.seenPosts, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0xe14c0, Property: 0x1f16f030>
)
2013-02-12 16:52:51 +0000 backboardd Application 'UIKitApplication:com.awfulapp.Awful[0xdf28]' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11

I have no idea if that is in any way useful. It loaded the bookmarks, I went to a thread, came out, refreshed, crashed.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Is it possible to get a button for period thrown on the formatting bar? I know it's not directly formatting but it's be nice for when typing out links.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Seeing the same things here.

Edit: and it crashed trying to load this post after I posted it.

I'm also seeing the page load without CSS for a fraction of a second after the loading spinner goes away. Strangely enough, this thread is the only one where I'm seeing that consistently though.

Diabolik900 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 12, 2013

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Odd bug, maybe a one-off but maybe worth looking at.

I was refreshing the lapd thread over in GBS keeping up. Switched away to another thread and I'm assuming I had refreshed to the 40th post with no new page. Came back to the thread and it loaded an empty page with a banner ad and pull to next page. A very fringe case, but I thought I'd mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

myron cope posted:

Posting works again, but it looks like some form of the "posts being marked read" thing from before is back. If I'm in a thread and hit the arrow or pull to load the next page, they're marked read. If I load from bookmarks they aren't.

Also I got two crashes in a row when reloading bookmarks.
code:

[useful console info]

I have no idea if that is in any way useful. It loaded the bookmarks, I went to a thread, came out, refreshed, crashed.

I'll fix both of those hopefully tonight, thanks!

• Locked thread