Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Why is everyone ahead of me :mad:

Okay Leonard loving rules

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Wowza BOWza did Leonard get lucky on that easy Daily Double.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Leonard loving rules.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Wowza BOWza did Leonard get lucky on that easy Daily Double.

Its more the swagger. Standing next to Barrett in his suit and stockbroker glasses just exacerbates it.

E: Holy poo poo just saw Final.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I'm so glad Leonard won, that kid seems cool as hell.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Leonard was great.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Not necessarily related to Leonard's Fatality, but I thought this tweet was cute.

quote:

@katherinemiller: I would watch a television show about these guys going to school together and/or solving crimes pic.twitter.com/6imlbdtB

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
Leonard Cooper is awesome. A great Jeopardy! contestant.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yay Leonard!!

What an awesome ending.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

:allears:

The best possible ending.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Part of me rails at the way television and pushy parents foist their poor kids onto TV to be judged by cynical couch masturbators like myself.

However, another part of me really friggin hates smug, entitled over-achievers and bloody loves it when they come undone. Thank you ever so much for lifting my charcoal black heart, Leonard.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

zakharov posted:

Holy poo poo Leonard loving rules. $38k DD payoff and a :smug: FJ response for the win.

Oh really

Holy poo poo, that was the best ending that could have possibly happened. Yay, Leonard!!!! I can't believe he overcame a $16,000 deficit from yesterday and won.

"I'll wager $18,000, Alex."

:v: I have never actually stood up and cheered during a Jeopardy game before, until tonight.

I really couldn't stand the kid who messed up the board and said guh-NESS, nor could I stand young Ted Bundy.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 13, 2013

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Came home ready to root for Leonard, had the episode on my DVR. All of Jeopardy and a chunk of Double jeopardy was Marco Rubio's response to the state of the union.

At least I got to see Leonard be metal as gently caress.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Officer Sandvich posted:

Came home ready to root for Leonard, had the episode on my DVR. All of Jeopardy and a chunk of Double jeopardy was Marco Rubio's response to the state of the union.

At least I got to see Leonard be metal as gently caress.

That sucks. Did you at least see Leonard's $18,000 wager in Double Jeopardy? And his badass Final Jeopardy answer?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Finally finished the Teen Tournament. Some observations:

-"Tori Amos"? :laugh:
-Tori Amos wagering :rolleyes:
-The game without a winner :ughh:
-"To be or not to be..." MacBeth? Romeo and Juliet? :fuckoff:
-My roommate seemed to think Barrett was a good looking kid who would become president one day. I told him Barrett isn't that good looking and extremely punchable.
-I didn't think Leonard had a chance after the first day, but that balls out DD wager was needed to win.
-Nilai's last FJ guess was Churchill and then FDR for "military men"?
-He talked about taking math classes at Cornell over the summer in algebra and geometry. What kind of 9th grader on Jeopardy isn't taking calculus?
-If not for Leonard's ballsy wager, Barrett would be our champion. :barf:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
If Nilai had wagered enough and gotten the correct answer, he could have still beaten Leonard, right?

Pretty ballsy of Leonard to write that in a game if it wasn't a lock.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Barrett is one of those guys who does everything in his radio voice.

e:

escape artist posted:

If Nilai had wagered enough and gotten the correct answer, he could have still beaten Leonard, right?

After day one the scores were:

Nilai Barrett Leonard
$19,000 $17,600 $3,000

Scores at the end of the Double Jeopardy! Round:
Nilai Barrett Leonard
$14,400 $9,000 $37,000

Potentially Nilai could have had 19,000 + 28,800 = 47,800.

Leonard should have bet at least 7800 but didn't so that was really ballsy.

Rousimar Pauladeen fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 13, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

escape artist posted:

I just did the math and yeah, if Nilai had gotten Eisenhower, he would have had a total of $40,400 and beat Leonard.

It took a perfect storm for Leonard to win the championship. He would not have even made it to the Finals if it weren't for the three idiots who finished at $0.

Leonard has been appearing on morning shows wearing a Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon shirt.

Also, for those of us who enjoy reliving the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdeYeEhUEZ4

Here's Leonard's highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvU_uJkOHH0

escape artist fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 13, 2013

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

escape artist posted:

It took a perfect storm for Leonard to win the championship. He would not have even made it to the Finals if it weren't for the three idiots who finished at $0.
I didn't realize he was the lucky one to make it in. That makes his win ten times more awesome.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Green Crayons posted:

I didn't realize he was the lucky one to make it in. That makes his win ten times more awesome.

GOD:drat: that owns so hard.

If Nilai had gotten it right his $21400+$19000 would've given him $40400 so it's even ballsier that Leonard got it.

For the record I DVR'ed Monday's but was out late last night and like a dumbass forgot to DVR it ahead of time. But after part 1 I was thinking what kind of comeback it would take for Leonard to win and wow, did he get lucky as heck on that DJ. When I heard the name "Leonard Cooper" I first imagined some even weirder mutation of Leonard and Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, but he's actually like the inverse of that. drat, everything about him winning is so awesome

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
God drat, that rules, Leonard rules. I watched his QF episode and hoped he'd win the whole thing. Glad to see that worked out.

That afro is heroic.

Time for the Tournament of Champions, gently caress yes!

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
Tournament of Championnnssssssssssssss

e: the calico cat you loving IDIOT!!

ANNIE OAKLEY ARE YOU KIDDING ME? CALAMITY JANE, WATCH DEADWOOD, YOU FAT!

Demagogue, MORONS.

Glenn_Beckett fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 14, 2013

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
That book character category can eat a dick. I only knew Lorna Doone from the cookie brand.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Smart money is on Stephanie Jass to win this thing. She's a ninja on the buzzer.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
^^^ Yeah, she rules, I'm definitely rooting for her.

Is it just me? "Congratulations, you won more games than any woman before you!" seems kinda sexist, unless I'm reading into it too much.

funktopus fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 14, 2013

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

So much for that smart money....

e: lmao what the gently caress never mind

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

"WRITE" IS THE RESPONSE, YOU FAT FAGGOTSSSSSS

Who is Bernie Mac, the loving DEAD ONE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Glenn_Beckett fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 17, 2013

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
I'm loving how much more difficult these are. They actually make you think before you blurt something out.

Also, Alex seems super chatty this episode.

The super conservative wagers on this FJ were pretty funny. And it was really, really easy.

funktopus fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 14, 2013

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

Why on EARTH would you risk nothing on a category as obviously easy as the loving ROSETTA STONE?!?! UGH I AM SO ANGRY!

There are three God damned languages on it! They'll probably ask you about Heiroglyphics, "Champollion" is probably the hardest thing you'll be asked to write, and anything else will be your first god drat GUESS!!!!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
the dead comedian category was so easy, I wiped that one up.

I actually found this episode to be easier than most ToC episodes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I hope Stephanie makes it into the next round, I like her :(

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Colby has the smuggest drat face.

Reminds me of "It's free real estate."

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Ahahaha, "The Guggenheim"? Seriously? The guy must be smart, I mean he's in the ToC, but man that was a bad guess.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

No that looks nothing like the Guggenheim.

rear end in a top hat.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

In It For The Tank posted:

Colby has the smuggest drat face.

Reminds me of "It's free real estate."

Colby owns hard

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Museums and British History are among my least favorite categories... up there with Opera and Ballet.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
I have no idea what museums look like what. Not that I'm smart, but I can sympathize with the guy who is on my level of dumbness.

Also, Colby's faces were annoying when I first saw him, but after this last game I realized I should remove the stick out of my rear end and cheer for the guy who makes weird as hell faces at Alex.

Speaking of Alex, someone earlier in the thread noted that he seemed to be talking a bit more. Definitely noticed that this past game. I think a few of his off the cuff comments that resulted in a pause -- and complete silence -- were supposed to humorous one-liners. I wonder if Alex sits in his makeup room, trying to come up with wordplay and asides based off of the categories before the show starts. What a grandpa thing to do.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Green Crayons posted:

I have no idea what museums look like what. Not that I'm smart, but I can sympathize with the guy who is on my level of dumbness.

Also, Colby's faces were annoying when I first saw him, but after this last game I realized I should remove the stick out of my rear end and cheer for the guy who makes weird as hell faces at Alex.

Speaking of Alex, someone earlier in the thread noted that he seemed to be talking a bit more. Definitely noticed that this past game. I think a few of his off the cuff comments that resulted in a pause -- and complete silence -- were supposed to humorous one-liners. I wonder if Alex sits in his makeup room, trying to come up with wordplay and asides based off of the categories before the show starts. What a grandpa thing to do.

He writes a good deal of the categories/questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
That's crazy. I just assumed that the not-pictured mystery judges who he occasionally asks for clarification as to whether an answer is sufficiently correct created the categories/questions.

Do the crazy-lucky random people who get whisked off to exotic locales to film five questions also contribute to the quiz portion of the program? I guess that would make sense instead of just paying them to be flown around the world.

I'm slow on the uptake.