Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
gently caress I was about to post that. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Belzac posted:

One of my friends who plays Leauge of Legends pointed out to me that they just added borderline copyright infridgement skins for 2 of their characters.

Dynasty Warriors SA Thread: we report, you decide:

I looked at the images before I read what you wrote and I had the frantic, breathless belief for just a moment that either KOEI decided to make a Diablo-esque DW game, or that someone had modded Zhao Yun / Lu Bu into Torchlight.

drat you, and my hasty conclusions.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

5er posted:

I looked at the images before I read what you wrote and I had the frantic, breathless belief for just a moment that either KOEI decided to make a Diablo-esque DW game, or that someone had modded Zhao Yun / Lu Bu into Torchlight.

drat you, and my hasty conclusions.
A Chinese one-year-anniversary event for LoL explicitly ID'd them as Lu Bu and Zhao Yun skins, though the versions revealed in late September were helmeted instead.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Schubalts posted:

It's not like she has a hole in her shirt. It's a short cloak with pauldrons over her top. Without the cloak, it's just a relatively low-cut top. I mean, we're not looking at Powergirl (or Lian Shi, for that matter), here.

After a second look, yeah. I guess it was early morning and my half-awake brain assumed the worse.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Any idea what the pricing on 7: Empires is going to be like?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Kersch posted:

I'd be guessing whatever XL was.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone been paying attention to Omega Force's upcoming Vita/PSP (...) game Tokiden? It looks more interesting than their other non-historical games to me. That's a pretty low bar though. It'a apparently entirely about removing limbs from giant monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apse1KjLJQ

The game's official page seem to be down right now though.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

This create-an-officer iteration is pretty cool. When does the full game launch?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just FYI, Toukiden is a hunting action game ALA Monhan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Just FYI, Toukiden is a hunting action game ALA Monhan.
Yeah I figured. Doesn't mean it can't be good. I mean...just talking possibilities here.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

iastudent posted:

This create-an-officer iteration is pretty cool. When does the full game launch?

The 26th.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah I figured. Doesn't mean it can't be good. I mean...just talking possibilities here.

Well, if anything Omega Force has some history with the format. How did the Strikeforce games turn out?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I hope the full game has more beard models.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I've always liked the Empires series because it tried to mix regular DW gameplay with ROTK stuff. I mean, it's like baby's first ROTK in terms of strategy, but with the ROTK series essentially dead then it's the best we're going to get.

Finding the demo suddenly on PSN was a nice surprise. I was already planning on getting the game on release, but this lets me goof around with the edit mode while I wait. Finding the weapon set I like best for my character is going to take up a ton of my time alone. Plus it also has all the weapons that were added through DLC and the expansion for DW7.

I'm hoping there's more outfits in game to unlock. I'm a sucker for games with lots of customization. Part of why I've been planning on buying this game on release. But my guess is what we see in the demo is most of what's in the final game. Probably the only additions we'll see are through DLC.

SirPhoebos posted:

I hope the full game has more beard models.

Checking this, there's only a goatee option to be gained through the DLC additions.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_7:_Empires/DLC

There's also a short and handlebar mustache to get, however. So those are nice. On the other hand, the DLC actually does seem to have a lot of outfit additions. A lot of which are just redos of outfits from previous Empires iterations, but it's still something. Hopefully they'll add the DLC to PSN the same time as the game's released. My guess is for $1 or $2 each pack.

Kersch posted:

Just a hunch, but I'm thinking they're going to sell it for either $30 or $40. Hoping for the former.

Edit:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
That's actually pretty awesome then. Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm even more excited for this game and the many hours I'll waste in the edit mode.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 13, 2013

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Dawnfire posted:

I'm hoping there's more outfits in game to unlock. I'm a sucker for games with lots of customization. Part of why I've been planning on buying this game on release. But my guess is what we see in the demo is most of what's in the final game. Probably the only additions we'll see are through DLC.

Actually, from videos I've seen this is only about a third of the stuff that's in game, so there is still a number of stuff to unlock.

EDIT: The Sword and Hook and the Siege Spear isn't in the demo. :negative:

The GIG fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 13, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The demo is awesome. The game plays super smooth. I very much enjoy my character. Time to make a lady warrior.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Voice: Samurai? In ancient China?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Blame Zhou Tai.

What is Fame Type?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Ambivalent posted:

Blame Zhou Tai.

What is Fame Type?

Your starting disposition in Empires mode. It determines what stratagems you get.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The GIG posted:

Your starting disposition in Empires mode. It determines what stratagems you get.

According to the website (so take with a grain of salt) you can even change the personalities of an established character. Given that there isn't an english dub I imagine it loses some of it's impact. The screen with Liu Bei trying to look 'evil' did make me chuckle (he looked more like he was constipated from the giant meat buns) and the thought of making a squeaky-voiced Xiao Qiao into a venerable strategist has an odd appeal.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Dug around the wiki for a minute and I came upon this section.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Edit_Characters_%28Dynasty_Warriors%29#Dynasty_Warriors_7

Has pictures of all the costumes available in the game. For some reason the thumbnails don't load for me, but clicking on them shows the picture. That link also points out a few things about the edit system.

quote:

Every costume option from the previous Empires title —including those available as downloadable content— can be obtained in-game.

This makes me think that there may actually more on the list then is shown in the section there, but it's kind of odd because I know some of the ones shown in the 7's section are redos of old ones already.

quote:

If players input the name of any preexisting Three Kingdoms individual for their character, that officer's appearance will be replaced by the newly-created character in the game, regardless of age or gender.
  • This applies to every character in the game, including the unique playable characters. In the case of unique characters, Empire Mode must be completed once before they can become replaceable.
  • If players use this feature to replace unique characters, certain events in Empire Mode will not happen. Replacing Yuan Shao, Lu Bu, or Dong Zhuo with an edit character will cancel the Battle of Hulao Gate due to edit characters lacking specific dialogue needed to trigger the stage.

This is a recipe for downright hilarity. I only wish there was an option to keep the original voice and just screw with the appearance/moveset.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
That time again where I regret only having a 360, man the Empire games are my favorite ones.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

The best thing about the demo is giving Bao Sanniang's musou's to the most unfitting dudes. :allears:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Because I lack any maturity, I have created Dong Dong, champion of the Seventies!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So, neither WO3 or DW7E or KR2 have dubs, right?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Truck ton of new screenshots for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2.

Wow why does Water Seven have so much platforming? Luffy just kinda jumped around a bit in the manga and boom they were done but holy poo poo :psyduck:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Right, we should get used to that from here on out because it's cheaper for Koei.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

SirPhoebos posted:

Because I lack any maturity, I have created Dong Dong, champion of the Seventies!

This reminds me that I need to recreated my old DW4XL officer Sum Gai in all his glory.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
More DW8 stuff today.

This time it's the Shu trailer, a short commercial that looks like it's for TV, and a bunch more character gameplay footage. Wen Yang and Zhuge Dan look super fun.

http://gematsu.com/2013/02/dynasty-warriors-8-trailer-tv-spot-character-footage

Also there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWpw5_yUaA

I'm guessing it's Koei firing back at that Shinsengumi game.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

kirbysuperstar posted:

They do have English text though, right? I mean, it should be a no-brainer, but all the reviews on Lovefilm say it's all in Japanese and unplayable.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Saith posted:

They do have English text though, right? I mean, it should be a no-brainer, but all the reviews on Lovefilm say it's all in Japanese and unplayable.
Only for the English illiterate, there's Japanese voices but English text... and the PSP game is a Sengoku dating sim.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, the Arm Blade / canoe thing in the DW7E demo is my new favorite weapon. I like how even more ridiculous and over the top these games have gotten since I last played them. The musou attack for the guy who wields it (Huang Gai, I think?) is awesome, too. I set that as my musou 1 and the cross armbreaker one as musou 2. I hope more Puro moves sneak their way into the series so all my nerdy hobbies can converge.

Though they call it a piledriver and it's clearly a suplex
:goonsay:

This will be my first Empires game, but I think the beginner level ROTK style mixed with DW action is made just for me. I have ROTK 8, 9, and 10 somewhere still and while I like them, I do feel kinda overwhelmed when I go back. Gimme a little planning and then a lotta smashing and I'm a happy warrior. I really enjoyed the Dynasty Tactics games as well. That's an offshoot I'd like to see come back, maybe in digital-only form.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I really, really like the changes Koei made to the rapier. It was my favorite weapon in DW7 but it was so focus fire that it was impossible to clear mobs reliably with it. Now it has all these huge mob clearing moves and the EX flies all over the map, plus you hold it in a way cooler fashion now. I can't wait to take it to China with Nobunyaga Oda and the Sima family, rapier style!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

QUESTION: Does Fist of The North Star 2 have as kick-rear end music as the original... or even better?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Man, Wen Yang looks awesome. I love his moves. Can't wait until DW8 comes out, holy poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Der-Wreck posted:

QUESTION: Does Fist of The North Star 2 have as kick-rear end music as the original... or even better?

It's got a few new good tracks, like Kaioh's theme is great and so is the Shura theme.

Grimdaddy
Dec 1, 2003

The question isn't indiscreet. But the answer could be.

Der-Wreck posted:

Exactly the same music, in a lot of cases. There is some new stuff too, and its all pretty drat good.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I went to Gamestop earlier to get Ken's Rage 2 for the PS3 and found out it was only released digitally. I could find the first game on PSN but not the second. Where is it and how much does it cost?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TTBF posted:

I went to Gamestop earlier to get Ken's Rage 2 for the PS3 and found out it was only released digitally. I could find the first game on PSN but not the second. Where is it and how much does it cost?

You can get it on the PSN for $60 USD.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Grimdaddy posted:

Exactly the same music, in a lot of cases. There is some new stuff too, and its all pretty drat good.

Awesome! The music was so kick rear end. Can't wait to bust some heads to some heavy metal again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Ken's Rage was the pinnacle of butt rock.