Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Devor posted:

Pretty certain that those potions are No Drop, not Heirloom. The one mentioned before was only 1, if I recall correctly. And with 999 claimable, it would be easier to just make an alt on test, claim it, and put it in the bank, and not worry about testcopying. So that's not the right claim.

I realize this is divergent from the original topic, and I'm sorry for not getting this, but can you clear up my confusion? It says I have 999 claimable. If I go to claim one, it says that it can only be claimed by a single character on my account with a warning to make sure I am logged into the character and server that I want to claim it on. Does that mean that, once I claim it on "CharacterX" on Test server, I can claim it 998 more times but only on that character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's a bad statement. Say for example I want a lamp post on my beastlord. I claim it, then I can claim another on another character on my account. It'll tell me the same thing but it'll let me claim the lamp post on another. Any 999 item can be claimed by any character on the account but only once. Gift of Legacies Lost is a good example of this, as you can claim it on your alt but try to do it more than once on your main dude and it'll eat your claim and the item.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sand Monster posted:

I realize this is divergent from the original topic, and I'm sorry for not getting this, but can you clear up my confusion? It says I have 999 claimable. If I go to claim one, it says that it can only be claimed by a single character on my account with a warning to make sure I am logged into the character and server that I want to claim it on. Does that mean that, once I claim it on "CharacterX" on Test server, I can claim it 998 more times but only on that character?

Like Stanos said, that warning is probably a holdover from when claims really were 1-each. For example, I can claim the 20-slot container on every single character I create, until I've done it 1000 times, and ditto the Hedgerow Mount. But I can't claim it more than once on one character if I were to delete it (probably? I'd hestitate to muck about with this).

I'd also like to apologize and revisit my earlier comments about who gets the xp potion, to "it's complicated and hosed up, maybe a wizard did it."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I think I've got it. So basically I can make a character, claim it, put in shared bank, delete the character... rinse, repeat... 999 times.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Sand Monster posted:

I think I've got it. So basically I can make a character, claim it, put in shared bank, delete the character... rinse, repeat... 999 times.

Not really, because the potion of adventure in that claim isn't heirloom and it's only 10% xp. There's another claim for 3x 50% xp heirloom pots with only 1 "quantity" in the claim window. If you've used it anywhere -- on test or live -- you'll never be able to get it again. I made the mistake of claiming it on test and that was it, no duping for me.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The hastened adventure potion is one claim only, to dupe it you'd need shared bank access.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Hey Devor, I don't mean to rush you or anything but I could really use that Abstruse armour and I think you may have forgotten.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Andy Dufresne posted:

Not really, because the potion of adventure in that claim isn't heirloom and it's only 10% xp. There's another claim for 3x 50% xp heirloom pots with only 1 "quantity" in the claim window. If you've used it anywhere -- on test or live -- you'll never be able to get it again. I made the mistake of claiming it on test and that was it, no duping for me.

Oh, bummer. I had given my account to a friend and it seems he must have claimed all of these on the live server. Thanks for the clarification.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 12, 2013

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
But you should be able to make a character and claim it on him right? It's weird that one of my characters has those potions, yet my created characters can't do it. :(

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Comfortador posted:

But you should be able to make a character and claim it on him right? It's weird that one of my characters has those potions, yet my created characters can't do it. :(

You have to log in from Live to see a new character's pot claims. It works for sure though because I have 2 accounts that are 2 weeks old who are both copying them daily

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm doing it from live. The odd thing is my oldest account, my original 1999 account, when I log into that and create a new character they are there to summon. My 2nd oldest account which was created a couple years after.... nothing. What the gently caress is the criteria?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

acumen posted:

Hey Devor, I don't mean to rush you or anything but I could really use that Abstruse armour and I think you may have forgotten.

Acuity the Monk and Yoricc the magician? What character did you send the leather and silk templates to? I only have chain and plate available for /testcopy.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
hmm, I sent them all to your Devtestbank guy. Maybe I misspelled it? :(

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Is there a lightweight/simple tool for echoing commands for dual boxing on one Pc ? I'm not after running a huge bot army - I'm just wanting to run a 2nd account and have an easy way to tell the shaman to assist/slow/pet attack/dot/nuke. So really just one macro. I'm not after any clever mass scripting. Isboxer seems a bit overkill for this. Any suggestions ?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

acumen posted:

hmm, I sent them all to your Devtestbank guy. Maybe I misspelled it? :(

I'll check his parcels this evening, looks like I skipped over your post where you mentioned you had sent it - sorry! I'll do the monk tonight and the magician tomorrow, unless you'd rather have them the other way.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Hey that's cool man, I appreciate the help!

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Baconroll posted:

Is there a lightweight/simple tool for echoing commands for dual boxing on one Pc ? I'm not after running a huge bot army - I'm just wanting to run a 2nd account and have an easy way to tell the shaman to assist/slow/pet attack/dot/nuke. So really just one macro. I'm not after any clever mass scripting. Isboxer seems a bit overkill for this. Any suggestions ?

You could probably work something up with AutoHotkey, but really ISBoxer will do it better in every way.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Devor posted:

I've completed my template sets for plate and chain on the character on Live - so if anyone on Test needs a set of the HoT Level 80 armor for plate or chain classes, hit me up in this thread. Let me know the class and name to send it to.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:house_of_thule_armor_guide

I could use a plate set for my new level 80 SK alt. His name is Lorlen on test.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Baconroll posted:

Sadly the EQ client seems resistant to all sorts of "send a key to background window" methods in programs like AutoHotKey (AHK) and HotKeyNet. It's a known issue if you google it. How ISBoxer/InnerSpace does it, I don't know.

However, if can live with it, you can easily write an AHK script that does the following:

1) Switch to 2nd account window
2) Fire off a command/hotkey
3) Switch back to main window

You can make the whole operation lightning fast (20-50 milliseconds or so), but it will feel a tiny bit annoying as the window switching occurs. I would still dump the $5/month on ISBoxer though if it were me, though.

Let me know if you need help with AHK.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Picnic Lunch posted:

There's a ton of abstruse sk stuff in the bank.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Picnic Lunch posted:

Let me know if you can't find what you need from the guild bank, but as Vomik said Shadowknight Abstruse shouldn't be an issue to find. So unless I hear otherwise I'll assume you got hooked up from the other generous goons.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Question for anyone who has used /resetaa - does it remove all your hotkey'd aa abilities? I have a lot of AA, so I've bought almost everything useful and even bought some stuff that was much less useful, like planar power, earthen (sta, str, int, dex, agi) and dreamlike (sta, str, int, dex, agi)

From what I've been reading though the stat increase dex/agi are basically 100% useless, so I'm thinking about dropping them. It's not a huge deal but, hey, a free 110 aa could be of use when I level again. I probably won't bother if it requires me to redo all my hotkeys though.

Oh, and how does finishing blow work? In the rof patch notes it said "no longer requires the mob to be visibly fleeing" but I don't know if that means it works on all mobs below 10% or if it still only works on mobs that run away but aren't because they are rooted. Would it work on a mob that would run away but isn't because others are nearby?

Vomik fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 12, 2013

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Vomik posted:

Question for anyone who has used /resetaa - does it remove all your hotkey'd aa abilities? I have a lot of AA, so I've bought almost everything useful and even bought some stuff that was much less useful, like planar power, earthen (sta, str, int, dex, agi) and dreamlike (sta, str, int, dex, agi)

From what I've been reading though the stat increase dex/agi are basically 100% useless, so I'm thinking about dropping them. It's not a huge deal but, hey, a free 110 aa could be of use when I level again. I probably won't bother if it requires me to redo all my hotkeys though.

Oh, and how does finishing blow work? In the rof patch notes it said "no longer requires the mob to be visibly fleeing" but I don't know if that means it works on all mobs below 10% or if it still only works on mobs that run away but aren't because they are rooted. Would it work on a mob that would run away but isn't because others are nearby?
When you resetaa, the hotkeys for AA abilities stay, but they will turn into "Not Usable" text, making you unable to differentiate them. Just take a screenshot of your UI just before you reset so you can find them again.

Planar Power and stats are indeed virtually useless, the old stats have been proven to have literally none, next to none, or a fake effect. For example, more AGI might increase your displayed AC, but there are hidden mechanics made up of several numbers and caps behind the AC number, so it's misleading. The only old stats that still have something to say past 200 or so are INT/WIS, which increase your mana, and STA, which increases your HP. Buying the first 5 ranks of Planar Power is an okay investment for the HP gain.

Regarding Finishing Blow: A few years ago when my monk had it, it worked the instant a mob began to flee, even if it was at 35% health, so I guess it sped up grinding a bit. Those mobs were the ogres in Plane of Tactics. Maybe they fixed that bug and also made it work on non-fleeing mobs... I'm not sure. Here's a thread with some info I just found: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/persistent-casting-aa.1328/. Maybe it's time to buy it again for fun. :)

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 12, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Pilsner posted:

When you resetaa, the hotkeys for AA abilities stay, but they will turn into "Not Usable" text, making you unable to differentiate them. Just take a screenshot of your UI just before you reset so you can find them again.

Planar Power and stats are indeed virtually useless, the old stats have been proven to have literally none, next to none, or a fake effect. For example, more AGI might increase your displayed AC, but there are hidden mechanics made up of several numbers and caps behind the AC number, so it's misleading. The only old stats that still have something to say past 200 or so are INT/WIS, which increase your mana, and STA, which increases your HP. Buying the first 5 ranks of Planar Power is an okay investment for the HP gain.

Regarding Finishing Blow: A few years ago when my monk had it, it worked the instant a mob began to flee, even if it was at 35% health, so I guess it sped up grinding a bit. Those mobs were the ogres in Plane of Tactics. Maybe they fixed that bug and also made it work on non-fleeing mobs... I'm not sure. Here's a thread with some info I just found: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/persistent-casting-aa.1328/. Maybe it's time to buy it again for fun. :)

Good idea about the screen shot. especially since I think I'm not going to bother with a few AA that I had bought previously like suspend companion, summon companion , etc (My experience with my SK pet is that he's not worth investing anything in except pet discipline.) Although maybe once I'm level 100 I'll cap him out.

I think I might see how much hp/mana/ac/atk/maxcrit are pre reset and post reset to see what I was really gaining. Well, I know the displayed AC is garbage, but the others may be useful. I may not bother with them at all because it would basically let me cap the good aa at 89/90 without needing to stop and AA.

Yeah, I was with a 95 rogue in COA and I know he was constantly proccing finishing blow on the boss mobs which I'm fairly certain will never run, so I think it might be worth picking up for swarming/grinding in general. It's also my understanding that starting in the underfoot expansion you can finishing blow on mobs either your level or one level above you.

Also you are a much better googler than I am I couldn't find anything to confirm that, hah.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vomik posted:

Your hotkeys will blank out when you /resetaa, and once you buy that AA again, they will work fine. Stat cap AAs are mostly bad, sta is worth some hps, int/wis are worth some mana. Dex may have some tiny effect on crit rate, agi and cha both do nothing. Planar Power is generally worth getting for the price, the others are more for when you're running low on AAs to buy.

I think finishing blow now functions like a mini-headshot on mobs at low health, but didn't get upgraded to work on most mobs in RoF.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What are some essential items to have as a mage? Things that aren't obvious to get like LDON only focus augments and things?

Also anyone that has any of the mage 1.0 epic items or 80+ gear please send to Kingdoms, in the last 6 hours I've managed to get him from 25-65 with 700 AA's and going to make him my main.

Also anyone wanting PLing like I did for myself (may not get you anywhere near as many AA's as I did myself but should be able to get you 65 easy) either pick a class with a point blank AE damage spell (PBAE) or get that dagger (can't remember name) that procs a 1 point damage PBAE on almost every swing.

I'm also about to start copying over a ton of 28 slot bags, already have a list of people I need to send to so it'll take awhile and I prefer only sending them to mains (only have one original to copy so I can only get 8 every 8 hours).

If you're wanting anything in game pester me until I respond, I don't bother setting up filters for tells half the time so it gets lost in battle spam.

Mage = Kingdoms

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 13, 2013

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Your hotkeys will blank out when you /resetaa, and once you buy that AA again, they will work fine. Stat cap AAs are mostly bad, sta is worth some hps, int/wis are worth some mana. Dex may have some tiny effect on crit rate, agi and cha both do nothing. Planar Power is generally worth getting for the price, the others are more for when you're running low on AAs to buy.

I think finishing blow now functions like a mini-headshot on mobs at low health, but didn't get upgraded to work on most mobs in RoF.

Does the resist increasing AA (discordant defiance) help at all or is there some cap on ability to resist spells? I have that capped out but with my metal orb on my CR/MR is a bit below the cap and I'm not sure how big of a deal that is.

Hollow Hills posted:

If you're wanting anything in game pester me until I respond, I don't bother setting up filters for tells half the time so it gets lost in battle spam.

In the options you can turn on tell windows, which I personally recommend.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I know, I just keep reloading different UI's and testcopying and poo poo I usually forget about it entirely.

Also going to set up an AFK farm team if anybody else has a more fitting 90+ character they want in with, have a 95 SK with all 4 merc types, 90 cleric with 2 and the mage is going to be 80ish with whatever works best, so if anybody would rather replace my cleric themselves with a simple Windows autopress key for /assist or cast haste every hour or something it'd work great. Not sure if there's any places 85-90 (ideal) that are like The Hole 2 minute respawn times but worst case scenario I just park in one of the Essence of Horror-esque rooms in Lower House that has 5 spawns.

Since money doesn't mean anything there's no reason not to basically.

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 12, 2013

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Devor posted:

Let me know if you can't find what you need from the guild bank, but as Vomik said Shadowknight Abstruse shouldn't be an issue to find. So unless I hear otherwise I'll assume you got hooked up from the other generous goons.

Oh, my character isn't in the guild yet. I'll try to get in and see if I can find what I need.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Hollow Hills posted:

What are some essential items to have as a mage? Things that aren't obvious to get like LDON only focus augments and things?

Also anyone that has any of the mage 1.0 epic items or 80+ gear please send to Kingdoms, in the last 6 hours I've managed to get him from 25-65 with 700 AA's and going to make him my main.

Also anyone wanting PLing like I did for myself (may not get you anywhere near as many AA's as I did myself but should be able to get you 65 easy) either pick a class with a point blank AE damage spell (PBAE) or get that dagger (can't remember name) that procs a 1 point damage PBAE on almost every swing.

I'm also about to start copying over a ton of 28 slot bags, already have a list of people I need to send to so it'll take awhile and I prefer only sending them to mains (only have one original to copy so I can only get 8 every 8 hours).

Mage = Kingdoms
SK = Kixur

<Removed comments about weapons that proc an AoE due to dated information, apparently>

I do not need any gear at the moment apart from maybe a Jaundiced Bone Bracer for a baby shaman if anyone has one, but I can help you out on the Mage 1.0 (you are a brave man for doing it). I did a mini-raid on Sky a few weeks back and got 2 Crowns of Elemental Mastery from Island 7 (Had to let one rot due to lack of people to loot them). I am going to hold onto one for myself, but I will be glad to give you the other one. I got these on Test, so I cannot duplicate them. However, I do have on live an Elemental Binder from the Hole, which is with the Sky crown 2/3 of the Air portion of the Mage 1.0. As for the eternal assfuck that is the Quillmane cloak, there is a rogue in the Goon test guild called Integ who has a warrior alt (who he does not play, as far as I know) that he can /testcopy for MQs. Those 3 things right there are the Air portion of the Mage epic. I also have at least one Phinigel Staff and one of the staves from hate for MQ, as well as the torch from CoM.

Also, I think that one can use those AoE fire potions from Ragefire the merchant in SolB for that type of power levelling. They do, however, do somewhere around 150 damage, which might be more than one wants. They are also not stackable and have 4 charges each. They cost quite a bit as well, but that tends to not mean so much on Test.

I would like some 28-slot bags myself (one for each of my toons would be plenty), but you are obviously backed up right now and I do not have much time to play these days, so perhaps later.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 13, 2013

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Devor posted:

I'll check his parcels this evening, looks like I skipped over your post where you mentioned you had sent it - sorry! I'll do the monk tonight and the magician tomorrow, unless you'd rather have them the other way.

Got the monk stuff. Thanks dude!

Rod Flanders
Dec 30, 2005

My hobbies include being quiet on long trips, clapping along with songs, and diabetes!

Devor posted:

I'll check his parcels this evening

Any chance I could get on the list for a warrior set? Name is Magilum. No rush on it since I may only be able to play 1-2 times a week. Thank you.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vomik posted:

Does the resist increasing AA (discordant defiance) help at all or is there some cap on ability to resist spells? I have that capped out but with my metal orb on my CR/MR is a bit below the cap and I'm not sure how big of a deal that is.

Resists don't cap out below the hard cap. As for how much you need max resists if you're not raiding? Probably not enough to worry if you're a bit under max. For raiders, Discord Defiance and innate corruption resist are pretty requited.

Raid AEs use -resist mods to land the desired percent of the time, assuming max resists. Except for bards, who just resist everything.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Err Meepit, if you check this today, it seems my client crashed sometime in the night after we passed out, if you're dead i am sincerely sorry. lol

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

iNteg posted:

Err Meepit, if you check this today, it seems my client crashed sometime in the night after we passed out, if you're dead i am sincerely sorry. lol

And my computer auto rebooted after doing windows updates apparently, lost 89 on xrec and meepit hahaha. I think our spot is cursed for overnight afking. Oh, they apparently left no corpses behind, either; I guess they were dead but still online for too long.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

And my computer auto rebooted after doing windows updates apparently, lost 89 on xrec and meepit hahaha. I think our spot is cursed for overnight afking. Oh, they apparently left no corpses behind, either; I guess they were dead but still online for too long.

Hahahhahaha no corpse for me either? drat, i hope I didn't lose too much, i was like 35% into the level when i went to sleep.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Just wanted to say to the guys that I ran Anguish with the other night. Sorry I had to AFK during OMM. My son woke up screaming with a fever of 104 and I had to take care of him.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Can an SK solo Anguish at 90? Or will I still need a healer?

Also I just happened to log in this morning at 8:45 am before work and if anyone needs any good augs etc there is a guy who posts rof gear at that time. I picked up all the req 85/92 ac augs, a bunch of purity augs, and a few weapon damage augs. Rkcopytest (something like that)... might be worth looking out for him.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Vomik posted:

Can an SK solo Anguish at 90? Or will I still need a healer?

Also I just happened to log in this morning at 8:45 am before work and if anyone needs any good augs etc there is a guy who posts rof gear at that time. I picked up all the req 85/92 ac augs, a bunch of purity augs, and a few weapon damage augs. Rkcopytest (something like that)... might be worth looking out for him.

I'm not sure how you'd do kelvan or hanvar solo but jelvar and ture are probably doable solo. The guy with the augs is just giving them out at that time? or is he in the bazaar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Creative Bicycle posted:

I'm not sure how you'd do kelvan or hanvar solo but jelvar and ture are probably doable solo. The guy with the augs is just giving them out at that time? or is he in the bazaar?

He was in the bazaar, but he general chatted that he just freshly loaded a bunch of stuff. So make sure you have all your copied plat ready