Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Der Shovel posted:

Getting a Wii U today and I'm seriously torn between New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU. Both seem very appealing! I'm a sucker for Mario games and somehow managed to miss all the previous New Super Mario Bros games. On the other hand, a kind of roguelike zombie survivor horror Dark Souls sort of thing also sounds like it'd be right up my alley.

What do you say, goons?

I'll say New Mario U as well, it's pretty objectively the best of the New Mario games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Der Shovel posted:

Getting a Wii U today and I'm seriously torn between New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU. Both seem very appealing! I'm a sucker for Mario games and somehow managed to miss all the previous New Super Mario Bros games. On the other hand, a kind of roguelike zombie survivor horror Dark Souls sort of thing also sounds like it'd be right up my alley.

What do you say, goons?

I'd wait for that ZombiU pack to ship out and then get that if money is at all important. Its a good deal.

And yeah, I was thinking of that Capcom game, I guess, though I could swear that Square was doing something too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cliff Racer posted:

I'd wait for that ZombiU pack to ship out and then get that if money is at all important. Its a good deal.

Oh we have that in Europe already, but the deal isn't that great over here. A Wii U Pro is 345 euros, the ZombiU pack is 479 euros. I can get the pro controller (or more likely the Nyko one since I hear it's actually superior to the Nintendo original) and ZombiU on top of the Pro pack for less than the ZombiU bundle costs. Especially since over here the ZombiU pack doesn't come with Nintendoland, unlike the Pro.

It's kinda hosed up.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You could buy New Super Mario Bros. U, and then download the Zombi U demo once you get home to see if the game is your sort of thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Crawfish posted:

You could buy New Super Mario Bros. U, and then download the Zombi U demo once you get home to see if the game is your sort of thing.

Yeah that sounds like a plan. I bet both or either are also available as second hand games by now, and honestly I'm probably going to get both anyway.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/02-14-2013/ So here's where the Nintendo Direct will show up. I'm not expecting much but who knows?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Der Shovel posted:

Oh we have that in Europe already, but the deal isn't that great over here. A Wii U Pro is 345 euros, the ZombiU pack is 479 euros. I can get the pro controller (or more likely the Nyko one since I hear it's actually superior to the Nintendo original) and ZombiU on top of the Pro pack for less than the ZombiU bundle costs. Especially since over here the ZombiU pack doesn't come with Nintendoland, unlike the Pro.

It's kinda hosed up.

The ZombiU pack is supposed to be 399€ (with the Pro being 349€ originally), your retailer is ripping you off. That said I agree, it's not that good of a deal, especially now that WiiU prices are starting to plummet. I saw the regular pack on sale for 249€ the other day.

Street prices on amazon.de as of right now are 279€/331€, with the ZombiU pack only being 489€ because it's sold by a third party and they're trying to sell it as a collectible for some dumb reason.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 14, 2013

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

They're talking about the new Luigi's mansion. Not revealing anything.

EDIT: Luigi's mansion has online co-op.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 14, 2013

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Not revealing anything.

Oh really? Pink Luigi begs to differ :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New mario and luigi!

Edit: Holy poo poo the graphics looked good

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Grope harass Luigi while he sleeps to solve puzzles!

And Mario Golf.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zenintrude posted:

Grope harass Luigi while he sleeps to solve puzzles!

I thought that was reserved for determining if someone is a witch.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Holy poo poo, real DLC for NSMBU.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New Super Luigi U? Cool!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
New Super Luigi U, Single-player only DLC for NSMBU.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Wow... New Super Luigi U. Massive DLC for NSMBU.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

zenintrude posted:

Wow... New Super Luigi U. Massive DLC

DLC done right. Nintendo is starting to understand online?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm amazed they're reworking the entire game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh man, that sounds awesome. Can't wait to watch at home. Wonder if they'll do Super Toad U.(which should be two player only and require two players to beat)

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

This discounted/free content for early adopters is a really smart tactic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm amazed they're reworking the entire game.

Yeah this was a great surprise!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Animal Crossing June 9.

[edit] Wrong thread, sorry.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zenintrude posted:

This discounted/free content for early adopters is a really smart tactic.

It's kind of like an online pass that comes with so many games now, but much more palatable because you know it isn't just locked content on disc to discourage used purchases, but actual new stuff.

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

Wii U street view is now downloadable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Donkey Kong Country Returns!....For 3DS. Jesus loving christ.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bobnumerotres posted:

Donkey Kong Country Returns!....For 3DS. Jesus loving christ.

Wonder if you'll still have to shake to roll.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Luigi DLC...wasn't expecting that! Now I wish I didn't trade the game in already :smith:

Also it sounds like Zen Pinball 2 finally comes out this month.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

At least we get zen pinball for free.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zen Pinball 2 isn't really free. It's a free to play game where you have to buy all the tables. I have it on PS3 and Vita and all you get are a few trial tables you can play for awhile.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

You have to buy the tables separately.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Bobnumerotres posted:

The crack dealers are gonna love you :allears:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Policenaut posted:

Zen Pinball 2 isn't really free. It's a free to play game where you have to buy all the tables. I have it on PS3 and Vita and all you get are a few trial tables you can play for awhile.

All the tables? It doesn't even come with one to get you started? Well gently caress that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katana Gomai posted:

The ZombiU pack is supposed to be 399€ (with the Pro being 349€ originally),

Well that'd explain it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

That Turkey Story posted:

Wii U street view is now downloadable.

They say it's free "for a limited time." I'm really curious about the business aspect of this. 99% of the product is just google street view data, so they must be compensating google, right? How else can they eventually charge for a product that's just some GUI elements slapped on google street view?

And if they are partnered, this would probably be google's first partnering with a video game company, right? Not counting youtube integration with current-gen consoles.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 14, 2013

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

They say it's free "for a limited time." I'm really curious about the business aspect of this. 99% of the product is just google street view data, so they must be compensating google, right? How else can they eventually charge for a product that's just some GUI elements slapped on google street view?

And if they are partnered, this would probably be google's first partnering with a video game company, right? Not counting youtube integration with current-gen consoles.

Who would buy this with google maps on pretty much every device these days.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

wretched_gavek posted:

Who would buy this with google maps on pretty much every device these days.

Not to mention the fact that google maps on android tablets (not sure if this functionality is on iPad) already lets you do exactly what they're doing here - hold the tablet up, move it around, look through it like a window.

pocketbelt
Oct 9, 2012

HRAH
Alright, definitely getting that Monster Hunter 3 bundle they revealed today, and holy poo poo that Luigi DLC for NSMBU. That's doing DLC right, another 80+ levels is something I'd definitely pay for.

Nintendo have been on one hell of a roll with announcements lately, haven't they?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

Not to mention the fact that google maps on android tablets (not sure if this functionality is on iPad) already lets you do exactly what they're doing here - hold the tablet up, move it around, look through it like a window.

No they don't. At least I don't, but I have a Galaxy S3 running the latest firmware and Google maps and it doesn't have this feature. It has street view, but you can't use it like an augmented reality window to look around and travel through environments. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, because it seemed pretty cool.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

Natron posted:

No they don't. At least I don't, but I have a Galaxy S3 running the latest firmware and Google maps and it doesn't have this feature.

When you're in street view press the hardware "menu" button then select "compass mode." Tada!

I'm doing it now on my android phone, works a lot better than I remember.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope they also give Luigi SMB2 (USA or jpn, either one though jpn is a little less crazy) jumping physics, that would be awesome.

• Locked thread