Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

At this point I think we could invent a "tactical" muzzle loading black powder rifle and make everyone happy.

As long as you could cram enough rails on it to fit all the flashlights, lasers, 4x, red-dot sights, I'm sure it would be a hot item.

And as soon as this happens, I'll go down to Home Depot, buy a bunch of their 5 gallon buckets, spray paint them black, and sell them for $100 each as "extended" powder horns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Seoinin posted:

Experts blame the rash of assaults and grand theft vespa incidents on the lyrics glorifying violence and misogyny in Paul Banks' rap mixtape.

I'm not even loving kidding about that existing, by the way.

What...?

To move the thread along, has anyone caught any of Herman Cain's show since he took over for Boortz? I'm surprised at how dull, unsationalistic and meandering it is. There's really hardly anything to it, which is weird given what a P.T. Barnum kook Cain is and with how far Boortz managed to set the bar once he announced his retirement and stopped giving a poo poo what he said.

I expected Herman to grasp the baton and really ratchet up the crazy but from what I've heard of his show so far, it's not even interesting enough to make me angry. It's just sort of there if you have some time to fill. Sort of like his pizza, come to think of it.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

BiggerBoat posted:

What...?

To move the thread along, has anyone caught any of Herman Cain's show since he took over for Boortz? I'm surprised at how dull, unsationalistic and meandering it is. There's really hardly anything to it, which is weird given what a P.T. Barnum kook Cain is and with how far Boortz managed to set the bar once he announced his retirement and stopped giving a poo poo what he said.

I expected Herman to grasp the baton and really ratchet up the crazy but from what I've heard of his show so far, it's not even interesting enough to make me angry. It's just sort of there if you have some time to fill. Sort of like his pizza, come to think of it.

I certainly didn't. Herman Cain was selected as nominee because he was pretty certain to not take the reins during his token run. The last thing the right wanted was a genuinely viable black candidate.

But then again, he's not even gotten warmed up yet. There's a lot of potential here once some good writers get on, and maybe some animation. Hell, Herman would have a blast. He just needs to hit his stride. I'm thinking along the lines of a hybrid of Glenn Beck and the Aqua Teens/Robot Chicken.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I found out today that my company is sponsoring the Herman Cain radio show. I really don't know how to feel about that. I want to just spam this thread's Cain jokes on our internal social network.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BiggerBoat posted:

What...?

He's filled in for other hosts before and he has always been incredibly boring and uninspired. I'm not the least bit shocked that that hasn't changed

In other pundit related news, Fox news on satellite's last day is today. The host for Fox Across America has spent the last few days whining on air about how the phone lines are completely empty and that they'll never get to talk to him again after today. I guess he's satellite only and didn't have any affiliates so his rear end is getting booted right out onto the street. It has been pretty amusing to listen to.

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 15, 2013

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Infomaniac posted:

Don't forget your free month of @reagan.com email address to show you are a real patriot. Reagan, a name you can trust, a name that never has been associated with any unlawful act.

holy cow I wonder if my throw_hot_jizz@reagan.com address is still active

Warcabbit posted:

Welcome to New York. We're rude, pushy, and loud. But ya gotta love us.

New York is loud, overcrowded, smelly, ridiculously expensive, filled with an air of smug self-importance, and one of the greatest loving places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. Even if my hotel was way over in Staten Island (Wu Tang Staten Island, not Nice Staten Island).

All the stereotypes I had about New York in the 80s have all moved down to DC.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I was listening to Rush today, just a little bit before I had to turn it off, but it sounded as if he were blaming the Chris Dorner murder rampage on Django Unchained. Has anyone heard any other pundits making this comparison?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sleepingbuddha posted:

I was listening to Rush today, just a little bit before I had to turn it off, but it sounded as if he were blaming the Chris Dorner murder rampage on Django Unchained. Has anyone heard any other pundits making this comparison?

He did his usual spiel of "someone said something silly on a single show that no one watches = the entire media is exactly like this"

In this case, it was someone comparing Chris Dorner to Django.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Agreed. Like I said, it's always about the money. The gun lobby isn't selling these guys more guns to prepare for some inevitable race war or to fight government tyranny. The gun lobby is selling them guns because they're the idiots suckers that keep buying the most expensive gear in such ridiculous quantities. They seem to be the industries' biggest cash cow right now, so they'll gladly keep the paranoia going as long as it keeps their quarterly profits rising, long term consequences be damned.

In some fantasy world I imagine Obama's administration tell people flat out "We will not collect or outlaw your guns, we support the 2nd amendment"

I would love to see the gun lobby spin that into paranoia frenzy

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Did you forget Obama is the Orwellian mastermind? That's just the kind of poo poo he wants you to think.

Truth is the 2nd is already gone, he's just trying to get rid of the ability of True Patriots of even thinking of having a gun.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 15, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know this is all going to shock you to hell and blow your minds but Herman Cain is joining FoxNews as a contributor. :monocle:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I caught about two minutes of some guy substituting for Bill O'Reilly today and they're talking about the Carnival Triumph. He has somehow spun the event into making it sound like everyone got some kind of extended vacation, everyone made it out uninjured and that no one died, the cruise liner is giving them things like another trip and such for free, and that they should be grateful.

I can't even make it into two minutes of this poo poo without being cast into a near-violent mood swing. How on earth do you people stand to listen to this poo poo?

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why side with carnival at all? Is carnival like paying these people to sell poo poo?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Star Man posted:

I caught about two minutes of some guy substituting for Bill O'Reilly today and they're talking about the Carnival Triumph. He has somehow spun the event into making it sound like everyone got some kind of extended vacation, everyone made it out uninjured and that no one died, the cruise liner is giving them things like another trip and such for free, and that they should be grateful.

I can't even make it into two minutes of this poo poo without being cast into a near-violent mood swing. How on earth do you people stand to listen to this poo poo?

Wait, what the gently caress is his angle here? That Carnival is the real victim in all of this because the customers are daring to hold Carnival accountable for a horrendously bungled cruise that turned the ship into a floating septic tank?

How dare they attack a poor, defenseless corporation! They should just take their free cruise vouchers (drinks and tips not included) and shut the gently caress up.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bill O'Reilly's algorithm of sorting through news stories: Find the victim, blame them.

Dad died responding to 9/11? It's the son's fault.
Carnival cruise goes awry? It's the passenger's fault.
Gangnam Style fluff piece? It's the mindless consumer's fault.
Can't remember my lines? gently caress it, we'll do it live.

cymbalrush
Jul 12, 2008

Star Man posted:

For me it's a mix of half self-loathing and half-"oh my god I'm a way better person than this guy even if he's faking it to make a buck. And what the hell, there are sad unfortunate people stupid enough to buy this poo poo... I feel better about myself (kinda) but that also makes me sort of sad"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
If bad things happen to good people for no reason, the entire worldview collapses. Just world fallacy.

Therefore either things aren't bad or the victims deserve it for some reason.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is his angle here? That Carnival is the real victim in all of this because the customers are daring to hold Carnival accountable for a horrendously bungled cruise that turned the ship into a floating septic tank?

How dare they attack a poor, defenseless corporation! They should just take their free cruise vouchers (drinks and tips not included) and shut the gently caress up.

A "poor defenseless corporation" that reaps enormous profit by abusing international boundaries to exploit workers in foreign countries with no labor laws, and abuses international law and legal waiver forms to prevent people from leveling lawsuits against them every time they gently caress up and inevitably hurt people. (Which is often.)

There's far far far worse things Carnival is guilty of than this disaster.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sleepingbuddha posted:

I was listening to Rush today

Me too, Moving Pictures is still a great album.

Oh, the idiot, not the band. :negative:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Me too, Moving Pictures is still a great album.

Oh, the idiot, not the band. :negative:

Holy poo poo, I thought the same thing!

Is there anyway that the good Rush could sue the bad one until he lost the right to use the name? Say he's polluting their brand or something? That'd be so great.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Rush was trying to pin the blame for electricity failure of the Triumph on environmentalists somehow. I didn't catch all of it but it was something like "if environmentalist wackos get their way, this sort of power failure will happen everywhere."

Here it is:

http://dailyrushbo.com/rush-if-environmentalist-wackos-get-their-way-entire-cities-will-become-like-crippled-cruise-ship/

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.

Jesus, Rush is the loving master of transitioning to talking points from stories that have nothing at all to do with those talking points. As soon as he goes from the boat to the tried and true "liberals are attacking capitalism!!1! :bahgawd:" canard, he can talk about whatever he wants.

And the notion that electric cars don't reduce fossil fuel consumption is one of the most :psyduck: things I've ever heard. C'mon Rush, you know that isn't true.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

the2ndgenesis posted:

Jesus, Rush is the loving master of transitioning to talking points from stories that have nothing at all to do with those talking points. As soon as he goes from the boat to the tried and true "liberals are attacking capitalism!!1! :bahgawd:" canard, he can talk about whatever he wants.

And the notion that electric cars don't reduce fossil fuel consumption is one of the most :psyduck: things I've ever heard. C'mon Rush, you know that isn't true.

He's good, but it's also easy to spew bullshit when your audience laps up everything you say without second thought. I bet any of us could take any random news story and transition into an attack on liberals within a few sentences if we didn't have to worry about things like truth.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

the2ndgenesis posted:

Rush is a master troll, love him or hate him. I suspect he doesn't really believe most of the poo poo he spews but ya know... dolla dolla bills 'yall.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Lets scoff at DEMOCRATIC LEFT-WING LIBERAL Kirsten Powers the way she scoffs at universal Pre-K and a living wage.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kirsten-powers-and-panel-hit-media-hard-on-sotu-they-fawn-over-every-stupid-idea-barack-obama-has/

Hitting Obama from the left!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Alex DeLarge posted:

Rush is a master troll, love him or hate him. I suspect he doesn't really believe most of the poo poo he spews but ya know... dolla dolla bills 'yall.

I hate the effect that Rush has on political discourse, but I have to hand it to hand it to him for being one of the best radiomen of the last 50 years; dude knows his business front to back.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

the2ndgenesis posted:

Jesus, Rush is the loving master of transitioning to talking points from stories that have nothing at all to do with those talking points.

That's like saying someone is a master of eating their own vomit. Not quite something to be proud of.

Actually, scratch that - mastering the eating of one's vomit is considerably more tasteful than being a dishonest jackass.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
But it can't be denied that Rush has a formidable appeal for those who are ignorant of the basics of rhetoric and argumentation, to say nothing of American politics and economy. Don't get me wrong, the guy's a complete blowhard and utter poo poo as a human being, but drat if he doesn't know how to play his audience like a drum.

He could have taught Goebbels himself a thing or two about demagoguery. :godwin:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I don't know how much "skill" it actually takes to convince an audience of what they already wanted to believe, as anyone can be a yes man who says all the things their fans want to hear. People like Rush just say those things louder and with a lot more zeal, and the only thing I'd say that's difficult about that is learning to live with yourself afterwards. That and learning how to spew out all that bullshit without reflexively putting your foot into your mouth if you're the type of person who doesn't actually believe Obama is going to murder your grandma, etc.

e: Oh I meant Rush Limbaugh, not the band.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 17, 2013

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Rush is a Canadian rock band, and Triumph is also a Canadian rock band.

Maybe there is more here than meets the eye!

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Mercury_Storm posted:

I don't know how much "skill" it actually takes to convince an audience of what they already wanted to believe, as anyone can be a yes man who says all the things their fans want to hear.

To be fair to Rush, he's the guy that made it an industry 20+ years ago. The same way Stern didn't invent morning zoo radio, Rush didn't invent saying crazy pandering poo poo on the radio but he was in the right place at the right time to make it something bigger. Funny thing is, the model that was sort of set in stone for AM radio back in the 90's is collapsing on itself. Radio guys like Lew Dickey (Who spent over 2 billion of other people's money to buy Citadel aka old ABC Radio networks) are trashing RW radio (I'm suuuure that has nothing to do with his choices Huckabee and Geraldo sucking wind) in favor of sports these days and you're seeing more and more format flips since nobody is really sure how to get people under the age of 70 to listen to AM.

Right Wing mythology has always been its own distinct universe, but it seems in the last few years instead of living in a parallel world these right wing personalities have gone so far off the reservation the appeal is lost to all but the true believers. The Sandra Fluke incident is a good example of this. Rush didn't get in trouble for calling her a slut per se, it was the fact that he did it for 3 days repeatedly trying to super serve that segment of his audience. He's been in the business long enough to know there would be blowback, but these days doesn't have any options other than give the base more and more of what they want since they're the only ones tuning in on a regular basis. Moving forward it's going to be fun to see how this medium the right discovered in the early 90's to deal with the loss of influence comes back to act like an anchor keeping them from changing direction.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Right Wing mythology has always been its own distinct universe, but it seems in the last few years instead of living in a parallel world these right wing personalities have gone so far off the reservation the appeal is lost to all but the true believers. The Sandra Fluke incident is a good example of this. Rush didn't get in trouble for calling her a slut per se, it was the fact that he did it for 3 days repeatedly trying to super serve that segment of his audience. He's been in the business long enough to know there would be blowback, but these days doesn't have any options other than give the base more and more of what they want since they're the only ones tuning in on a regular basis. Moving forward it's going to be fun to see how this medium the right discovered in the early 90's to deal with the loss of influence comes back to act like an anchor keeping them from changing direction.
Another thing about right-wing radio is that it's become impenetrable unless you're already a dedicated follower of RWR. Hard to get new listeners when clicking onto 770 AM results in an incomprehensible stream of "Beghazi Solyndra False Flag Fast And Furious Resko William Ayers *heh* did he lip sync the teleprompter?" Unless you speak fluent Freeper, it's like something beamed in from another dimension.

One of the sportstalk programs I used to listen to seemed to go through regular cycles of limiting the amount the amount of inside-joke jargon and pet nicknames they used on the air, obviously cognizant of the importance of making the show accessible to new listeners. Limbaugh et al, not so much...

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there a name for or has Rush patented that noise he uses during short segments or during promo's for his show?

It's usually 20 seconds of highly-charged speech ending with "znnnnngBONK" right as it cuts to commercial. It's pure Pavlovian and it's genius.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I see that there. posted:

Is there a name for or has Rush patented that noise he uses during short segments or during promo's for his show?

It's usually 20 seconds of highly-charged speech ending with "znnnnngBONK" right as it cuts to commercial. It's pure Pavlovian and it's genius.

Pretty sure the generic term is stinger.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Crosspost from the TPC SOROSCREW GBS thread:

For anyone who even slightly thinks the tea party is anything but a fake grassroots movement out to demagogue nationalism and brainless anti-government extremism on behalf of big multinational corporations who want deregulation and less taxes for their greedy selves...

...this picture is from 2002.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR0hFAndsPU

For anyone who wasn't privvy to this story breaking 6 days ago:

quote:

Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers

A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene.

Far from a genuine grassroots uprising, this astroturf effort was curated by wealthy industrialists years in advance. Many of the anti-science operatives who defended cigarettes are currently deploying their tobacco-inspired playbook internationally to evade accountability for the fossil fuel industry's role in driving climate disruption.

The study, funded by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institute of Health, traces the roots of the Tea Party's anti-tax movement back to the early 1980s when tobacco companies began to invest in third party groups to fight excise taxes on cigarettes, as well as health studies finding a link between cancer and secondhand cigarette smoke.

Published in the peer-reviewed academic journal, Tobacco Control, the study titled, 'To quarterback behind the scenes, third party efforts': the tobacco industry and the Tea Party, is not just an historical account of activities in a bygone era. As senior author, Stanton Glantz, a University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) professor of medicine, writes:

"Nonprofit organizations associated with the Tea Party have longstanding ties to tobacco companies, and continue to advocate on behalf of the tobacco industry's anti-tax, anti-regulation agenda."

The two main organizations identified in the UCSF Quarterback study are Americans for Prosperity and Freedomworks. Both groups are now "supporting the tobacco companies' political agenda by mobilizing local Tea Party opposition to tobacco taxes and smoke-free laws." Freedomworks and Americans for Prosperity were once a single organization called Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE). CSE was founded in 1984 by the infamous Koch Brothers, David and Charles Koch, and received over :siren: $5.3 million :siren: from tobacco companies, mainly Philip Morris, between 1991 and 2004.

In 1990, Tim Hyde, RJR Tobacco's head of national field operations, in an eerily similar description of the Tea Party today, explained why groups like CSE were important to the tobacco industry's fight against government regulation. Hyde wrote:

"... coalition building should proceed along two tracks: a) a grassroots organizational and largely local track,; b) and a national, intellectual track within the DC-New York corridor. Ultimately, we are talking about a "movement," a national effort to change the way people think about government's (and big business) role in our lives. Any such effort requires an intellectual foundation - a set of theoretical and ideological arguments on its behalf."

The common public understanding of the origins of the Tea Party is that it is a popular grassroots uprising that began with anti-tax protests in 2009.

However, the Quarterback study reveals that in 2002, the Kochs and tobacco-backed CSE designed and made public the first Tea Party Movement website under the web address https://www.usteaparty.com. Here's a screenshot of the archived U.S. Tea Party site, as it appeared online on Sept. 13, 2002:

CSE describes the U.S. Tea Party site, "In 2002, our U.S. Tea Party is a national event, hosted continuously online, and open to all Americans who feel our taxes are too high and the tax code is too complicated." The site features a "Patriot Guest book" where supporters can write a message of support for CSE and the U.S. Tea Party movement.

Sometime around September 2011, the U.S. Tea Party site was taken offline. According to the DNS registry, the web address https://www.usteaparty.com is currently owned by Freedomworks.

The implications of the UCSF Quarterback report are widespread. The main concern expressed by the authors lies in what they see happening overseas as the Tea Party movement expands internationally, training activists in 30 countries including Israel, Georgia, Japan and Serbia.

As the authors explain:

"This international expansion makes it likely that Tea Party organizations will be mounting opposition to tobacco control (and other health) policies as they have done in the USA."

Freedomworks and Americans for Prosperity are both multi-issue organizations that have expanded their battles to include other policies they see as threats to the free market principles they claim to defend, namely fighting health care reform and regulations on global warming pollution. The report's warning about overseas expansion efforts by Freedomworks should therefore also be heeded by groups in the health and environment arenas.

Finally, this report might serve as a wake-up call to some people in the Tea Party itself, who would find it a little disturbing that the "grassroots" movement they are so emotionally attached to, is in fact a pawn created by billionaires and large corporations with little interest in fighting for the rights of the common person, but instead using the common person to fight for their own unfettered profits.

Comically and predictably - how does Fox News respond? By fallaciously attacking the study as 'taxpayer funded' so that suckers will ignore the contents of the study: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/15/taxpayer-dollars-used-to-fund-study-tying-tea-party-to-tobacco-lobby/ (PS - the comments on this article are really pathetic.)

Fox News headline posted:

Taxpayer dollars used to fund study attempting to link Tea Party to tobacco lobby

"OH GOD, THE JIG IS UP! Uh uh...what lie can we use to distract from the fact that we're a bunch of manipulative crooks? Uh...uh...Say the study was taxpayer funded! Yeah, that's the ticket!"

Anyway, feel free to rub in their faces spread this around to the Teabacco party people you know. :allears:

Also, feel free to use the term 'teabacco' to describe tea partiers from now on. It's much more accurate to what they really are, sadly.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 18, 2013

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So much of the verbiage in that is so whackjob-esque that I don't know what the gently caress.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

The comments on the fox article are incredibly stupid as well, but some of the replies that agree with the study are amusing:

quote:

vitsing 21 hours ago
Did I somehow miss the Gestapo passing in the night? It is not the role of our Obama Government to use my tax dollars or any other dollars to investigate political affiliations that the administration doesn't like!

besplatan
19 hours ago
@vitsing How about my tax dollars used for the Benghazi witch-hunt? How about my tax dollars being used for funding the useless Iraq War? I don't want my tax dollars to be spent on F-35 either, but that's not how taxes work.

quote:

tradertom
23 hours ago
Fox is diligently trying to deflect attention away from the Tea Party's deep roots as an AstroTurf toy of the Rich - by focusing on the horrible illegitimacy of the funding of the accidental research that exposed the roots.
Meanwhile - back at the Major Media - all is calm and the research is not even reported. Nobody cares.

psychic chasms
Oct 23, 2012

SCREWED UP CLICK TILL THEY LAY ME IN MY CASKET
I don't know if this thread is the appropriate place for it, but I'm sure you kiddos remember this particular window into the conservative mindset regarding the poor - I'm sorry, I meant the "poor."

That was 2011. Now we're getting the same poo poo in National Review, except now they link to a "concerning" study and since it's NR the talking point can now be called like, intellectual or something. gently caress me.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/277040/strange-facts-about-america-s-poor-robert-rector

Does anyone else in D&D hate-follow NRO's Facebook page just for the undiluted loving amazing insight into the outlook of their readers? The comments on their Facebook posts, despite the fact that they're under real names and supposedly denote real people, actually seem worse than what you get on the site. There could be a whole thread on those guys.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, that 'study' the national review cites was put on by the heritage foundation - a thinktank for rich right-wing assholes. Their literal purpose with it is to create resentment towards the poor instead of the rich who are fleecing everyone.

"POOR PEOPLE HAVE BASIC APPLIANCES!" Oh yeah? Well you rich parasitic fucks have tax shelters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Any time NRO or Fox or whoever cites a study by Heritage/AEI/RAND/etc. I can't help but think of that scene in Borat where he claims woman's brain is size of squirrel because Kazakh government scientist Dr. Yamuka has proven so.