Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
I was let down by the Parappa episode because they didn't go for the bigger accomplishment of finishing all stages in Cool-rank and unlocking the bonus stage. Especially given how quickly Arino was able to clear the game. Almost seemed like a cop-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Tobaccrow posted:

I was let down by the Parappa episode because they didn't go for the bigger accomplishment of finishing all stages in Cool-rank and unlocking the bonus stage. Especially given how quickly Arino was able to clear the Jane. Almost seemed like a cop-out.

I'm hoping for an Um Jammer Lammy challenge, once normal then again with the Parappa versions of the songs . If anything, the marker actually corresponds to when you have to press.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

He's the biggest gamer in Japan, a high stakes gambler in Korea, walked the red carpet in France, and taken the US by storm. How will Arino do in Cambodia?

Meanwhile in Japan, can he beat Super Mario Kart when he had so much trouble with the time trials?

This special is brought to you by zari-gani with some assistance by Tytan for the Cambodian details.

Now some bad news: this is a big episode. It's a two hour special and I used an HD master. It's nearly 2GB in size and it took me nearly six hours to upload it to Deposit Files. So what I'm saying is that seeding is going to take a while. Get your torrents running and then go to bed. It'll be there for you tomorrow.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 1.84 GB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Cooool, thanks guys! I've been looking forward to this one since I heard about it!

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Fooley posted:

I'm hoping for an Um Jammer Lammy challenge, once normal then again with the Parappa versions of the songs . If anything, the marker actually corresponds to when you have to press.

Yeah, I tried Parappa again and this confused the hell out of me. I made it up to the Chicken stage but my inability to understand when they want me to press the buttons is kind irritating. Especially when hitting things seemingly on rhythm doesn't work, but presses that definitely don't sound right with the music at all do. I remember playing the PS2 version and not having this problem, so maybe it's lag from playing it on an emulator?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
^^ Try emulating Bust a Groove and you should find out fairly quickly, it had good timing as I recall.

:woop: Best thing I've seen all day!

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Even though I likely won't watch it tonight, I wanna thank you guys for making my Valentine's Day even better despite the fact that I don't have a date tonight (I had a test in my Biology class that went better than I expected, which is why today was actually not bad). :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Loved this trip episode! Thanks everyone on SA for hard work!

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Thanks for the new special! Thank you so much, team!

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
I've been waiting for this to come out, Quite possibly my favorite trip episode and I can't wait to see the GIFs I'm sure people will make.

Keep up the awesome work you guys!

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

Random Stranger posted:

He's the biggest gamer in Japan, a high stakes gambler in Korea, walked the red carpet in France, and taken the US by storm. How will Arino do in Cambodia?

Meanwhile in Japan, can he beat Super Mario Kart when he had so much trouble with the time trials?

This special is brought to you by zari-gani with some assistance by Tytan for the Cambodian details.

Now some bad news: this is a big episode. It's a two hour special and I used an HD master. It's nearly 2GB in size and it took me nearly six hours to upload it to Deposit Files. So what I'm saying is that seeding is going to take a while. Get your torrents running and then go to bed. It'll be there for you tomorrow.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 1.84 GB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Super excited about this one :)

I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to watch this one anyway so the fact that it's in HD is all the better.

Thanks guys!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The GCCX Facebook page just posted this:

http://youtu.be/46mVwS6PWl4

Arino and Quentin Tarantino. He even wanted to cast Arino in Django Unchained.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
At no point in that video did I see Arino? There was a lot of Tamori though? :confused:

(or hear, it's like they uploaded the wrong part or something?)

vv well then I was on the money, but the interview was pretty enjoyable (if incredibly quiet)

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 15, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Zeether posted:

The GCCX Facebook page just posted this:

http://youtu.be/46mVwS6PWl4

Arino and Quentin Tarantino. He even wanted to cast Arino in Django Unchained.

Just to clarify, Arino and Tarantino talked over the phone at the tail end of the interview. I guess that's in part 2 which hasn't been uploaded yet -- Arino isn't in this video.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
If you're still up, I just downloaded the new episode from DepositFile fully, so I am going to be super-seeding from now on. Just to help out with the effort.

Thanks SAGCCX, you guys are the best.

EDIT: BTW, this means that the more EVERYONE uploads to each other, the faster EVERYONE gets it.

pnumoman fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 15, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are the Japanese not aware that Japan is a part of Asia or... ?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
They mention that you get an increase to your max speed when you pick up coins. I've been playing Mario Kart since I was a little kid and never knew this. Is this actually true?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Are the Japanese not aware that Japan is a part of Asia or... ?
I think its sort of like how British people don't consider themselves part of Europe.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I think its sort of like how British people don't consider themselves part of Europe.

It's weird that they didn't just call it GCCX in Cambodia.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

PureRok posted:

They mention that you get an increase to your max speed when you pick up coins. I've been playing Mario Kart since I was a little kid and never knew this. Is this actually true?

You get a speed boost for every coin you pick up. I'm not actually sure what's said here about increasing max speed, though.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

You get a speed boost for every coin you pick up. I'm not actually sure what's said here about increasing max speed, though.

According to TASVideos who know a thing or two:"Add 8 to your normal top speed for each coin you have. Off road speed is unaffected by coins." with default top speeds being between 700 and 1000 Wth/Wk (Whatever the hells/who knows).

http://tasvideos.org/GameResources/SNES/SuperMarioKart.html

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Small mistake in the Cambodia video. In the staff vs race, when he races D Inoue, Itou's name shows up instead of Inoue's. Not a big mistake though. Just wanted to let you know.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm two minutes into the episode and I'm already cracking up to the intro with Inoue and Arino.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I'm not done with the episode, but I'm loving it so much! The trip to the game shop was a great highlight, especially with The owner breaking her own game disc and the 9999999 In 1 Cart. I'm amazed they were allowed to show off pirated merch, though.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Mace Bacon posted:

I'm not done with the episode, but I'm loving it so much! The trip to the game shop was a great highlight, especially with The owner breaking her own game disc and the 9999999 In 1 Cart. I'm amazed they were allowed to show off pirated merch, though.

"Bandicoot is finished. Finished with a crash."

I loving love Kibe. :3:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man, I love these travel shows. They're so fun to watch.

Regarding the challenge part where the staff played vs. Arino, the final race with Inoue was again brilliant. Especially the part where Arino got caught in a pattern with the Whomps and Inoue proceeded to do a huge jump straight into nothingness. Those two have great chemistry together on-screen.

It was also funny how they danced around the concept of pirate games but didn't straight go and say what the deal was.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Oh wow, this is going to be a grand way to spend 2 hours later today---thanks to all who made this release possible with their hard work!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
50 cents for 20 minutes on a trampoline. That would almost justify the planet ticket to Cambodia.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Azazell0 posted:

In Super Mario Kart, your top speed gets raised for every coin you collect, until it caps at 10 coins (you can collect more but you won't get any faster). They threw out that mechanic in the sequels but reintroduced it for MK7 (3DS). Also all of this info is in the manual.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I believe the coins speeding you up is also in the GBA version. And that you also need a certain number of them when you finish the race to get the top grade.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Also all of this info is in the manual.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 15, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I only mentioned that because someone said they played that game like 15 years ago and never knew; if you were a normal kid back then, you devoured game manuals. I know I did, I was eight when I got Super Mario Kart and I knew the manual by heart like a day after I got the game for Christmas.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

caps at 10 coins (you can collect more but you won't get any faster).

Huh. I knew the coins actually made you faster but had no idea there was an actual cap.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

I only mentioned that because someone said they played that game like 15 years ago and never knew; if you were a normal kid back then, you devoured game manuals. I know I did, I was eight when I got Super Mario Kart and I knew the manual by heart like a day after I got the game for Christmas.

No, thats not normal. Normal was taking the game out of the box and tossing the box in the trash and leaving the manual out until the cover fell off and eventually it got tossed out too. Only ocd nutjobs or kids with ocd nutjob parents cared about manuals/boxes. Then years later guys pay top dollar for the boxes and manuals.

I read the manuals a lot actually and only because I had an older brother who hogged the Nintendo and thats all there was to do while I waited forever for my turn.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Blackchamber posted:

No, thats not normal. Normal was taking the game out of the box and tossing the box in the trash and leaving the manual out until the cover fell off and eventually it got tossed out too. Only ocd nutjobs or kids with ocd nutjob parents cared about manuals/boxes. Then years later guys pay top dollar for the boxes and manuals.

I read the manuals a lot actually and only because I had an older brother who hogged the Nintendo and thats all there was to do while I waited forever for my turn.

But, outside of Christmas, what did you do on the drive home from the store?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Blackchamber posted:

No, thats not normal.
I don't recall caring at all for the boxes, but I would read the manuals when I was unable to play the game. Car rides home being one example.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Game manuals were awesome back then. They told you about the story, the name of the bosses, and had cool little drawings and told you how to actually play the game. I don't know what kind of kid would refuse to read the manual, but they're probably the same kind of kid that starts playing a game on hard right away and then gets really mad at how hard it is and throws their controller into their SNES.

Yes, I mean you, Vincent.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They skipped the difficulty selection screen. He's playing at 150cc, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I read through the Final Fantasy 1 manual 9999999 times, until it disintegrated in my hands. True story.

Getting the most gifable part out of the way...

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 15, 2013