Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Rod Flanders posted:

Any chance I could get on the list for a warrior set? Name is Magilum. No rush on it since I may only be able to play 1-2 times a week. Thank you.

Yoricc's got his magician stuff, Magilum's next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Devor posted:

Yoricc's got his magician stuff, Magilum's next.

Thanks again! As soon as my characters become relevant enough to do so, I'll do my best to pay it forward.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Vomik posted:

Can an SK solo Anguish at 90? Or will I still need a healer?

Also I just happened to log in this morning at 8:45 am before work and if anyone needs any good augs etc there is a guy who posts rof gear at that time. I picked up all the req 85/92 ac augs, a bunch of purity augs, and a few weapon damage augs. Rkcopytest (something like that)... might be worth looking out for him.

Dirt easy solo at 90 for the entire zone. The only fight I can remotely picture a 90+ SK having trouble with would be Hanvar if you were extremely lacking in AA and still wearing /testbuff gear. I'm pretty sure you could beat his regen even then, but it might take a while

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dirt easy? I don't think you can afk auto atk your way through like you can at 95. And you might have to worry about the DTs, except everyone on test has disease cure shields to deal with those.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Dirt easy solo at 90 for the entire zone. The only fight I can remotely picture a 90+ SK having trouble with would be Hanvar if you were extremely lacking in AA and still wearing /testbuff gear. I'm pretty sure you could beat his regen even then, but it might take a while

I did Keldo, Ture and Hanvar as a 90sk with 6k aa's and Hanvar took half an hour, didnt wanna try Jelvan but I've heard its been solo'd. I was only after a Morguecaller for my house :sun:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Dirt easy? I don't think you can afk auto atk your way through like you can at 95. And you might have to worry about the DTs, except everyone on test has disease cure shields to deal with those.

Jelvan at 90 takes a couple taps and maybe a 2.0 click, but everything else up to AMV you can afk auto attack kill. AMV you can as well aside from clicking shield to cure the DT. Jelvan's the only encounter in the zone that puts out more than 500dps or so on a 90.

On a sadder note, Thunderpunch is loving ridiculous and just stomped our asses into the ground twice. He was only the 3rd BD named I've tried, but the other two were perfectly fine. No clue how I'm supposed to survive eating a 65k round then a 30k DD and stun on top of it :psyduck: The minute I ran out of discs we pretty much fell over dead.

^^ I ran anguish 3 or 4 times just for Morguecaller :v: Finally got a Sword of Truth off Seru yesterday too. First time I've ever seen him alive.

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
I warned you about him. Thunderpunch is right up there with most of the T4 VoA named, which are all essentially designed to be tanked by warriors. If you don't have one, or you're using a merc tank, it helps immensely to have a cleric there to keep Shining Armor on the tank, and a second healer buffed with Selo's to stand just outside of the range of the stun (100) to run in and pick up heals when the other healer gets hit with it.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Devor do you have a spare copy of the mage stuff you sent Yoricc that you could send to Kingdoms? Got him up to 77 with 2.9k AA's, probably going to focus on levels now instead of AA's but he'll just be getting one shot by AE's in lower house.

Just realized there's no chance of getting the tradeskill items for HoT / VoA armor on test, found one Fantastic Silk Sleeve in guild bank but that was it.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Flarestar posted:

I warned you about him. Thunderpunch is right up there with most of the T4 VoA named, which are all essentially designed to be tanked by warriors. If you don't have one, or you're using a merc tank, it helps immensely to have a cleric there to keep Shining Armor on the tank, and a second healer buffed with Selo's to stand just outside of the range of the stun (100) to run in and pick up heals when the other healer gets hit with it.

It was just me and Thrillho. I thought I remembered you saying he was one of the devil nameds, but Thrill thought he remembered you saying he was one of the easy ones. Glad I was right in this case cause that was humiliating as hell. We had all casters in the group except Kodaji and my bard, so Kod was the only one in range of the AE when we tried him the second time. First time we wiped in 5 seconds after the first stun. Second time was fine until I ran out of discs halfway through. I want to try him again with Synique because the fucker's #1 on my I WILL Kill You list. Shining Armor is pretty much the same as the discs that kept me alive. I think with that + having Nico there this time + multiple cleric mercs spamming too, he'll go down. I just can't eat a full round of his max hits and then eat the AE too without a heal landing somewhere in between because it's over 100k dmg. It really does feel like he's designed to be warrior tanked or bust.

^^ There's a bazaar testcopy mule that has tons of every possible template on it if you can't find someone who can copy them for you here.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Does anyone have a spare numinous vicious (aug for 2h weapons req 91, rec 95) anywhere? I think skeptic is best (at least that's what I see a lot), but I'm not worried about it. Unless it's faction-tied, then I need Innoruuk.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 15, 2013

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Skeptic has the most damage, the procs are pissant and not worth the trouble.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hollow Hills posted:

Devor do you have a spare copy of the mage stuff you sent Yoricc that you could send to Kingdoms? Got him up to 77 with 2.9k AA's, probably going to focus on levels now instead of AA's but he'll just be getting one shot by AE's in lower house.

Just realized there's no chance of getting the tradeskill items for HoT / VoA armor on test, found one Fantastic Silk Sleeve in guild bank but that was it.

Sorry, if there's no immaculate silk templates on the bazaar, you're out of luck. I did see someone had like 6 or 7 full sets up for sale a while back, but as a rule I don't buy out people's bazaar vendors just because I can. I leave it for people who actively need it.

You can also check your Live server's bazaar and copy over the templates.

Also, is there an easy way to re-run LDoN dungeons? I'm farming up that dodge augment in Everfrost Peaks, and it's a longass run full of corners to get stuck on back to the entrance after I kill the boss.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Devor posted:

Sorry, if there's no immaculate silk templates on the bazaar, you're out of luck. I did see someone had like 6 or 7 full sets up for sale a while back, but as a rule I don't buy out people's bazaar vendors just because I can. I leave it for people who actively need it.

You can also check your Live server's bazaar and copy over the templates.

Also, is there an easy way to re-run LDoN dungeons? I'm farming up that dodge augment in Everfrost Peaks, and it's a longass run full of corners to get stuck on back to the entrance after I kill the boss.

if you have an alt I think you can just park it there, can't you?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

iNteg posted:

if you have an alt I think you can just park it there, can't you?

Can you expand on that a little? The way I run it now: Take PoK Halas book which takes me to Everfrost, run for a minute to reach the camp. Request adventure with my dudes. Run down to entrance, everyone clicks the zone in, now I'm in, I kill stuff.

Now I'm sitting in a zone that will disappear in 30 minutes. Previously I just gated to Guild Lobby, this last time I camped out to see what will happen when the zone pops while I'm logged out. I'm hoping I'll just be at the entrance.

However camping isn't very efficient since I have to wait 30 mins, and I want to run the zone again. I forgot to check - are their soulbinders at the camp? I guess I could maybe find a whole mess of gate potions if so.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Devor posted:

Can you expand on that a little? The way I run it now: Take PoK Halas book which takes me to Everfrost, run for a minute to reach the camp. Request adventure with my dudes. Run down to entrance, everyone clicks the zone in, now I'm in, I kill stuff.

Now I'm sitting in a zone that will disappear in 30 minutes. Previously I just gated to Guild Lobby, this last time I camped out to see what will happen when the zone pops while I'm logged out. I'm hoping I'll just be at the entrance.

However camping isn't very efficient since I have to wait 30 mins, and I want to run the zone again. I forgot to check - are their soulbinders at the camp? I guess I could maybe find a whole mess of gate potions if so.

If you walk up to a magus and say everfrost it'll port you straight to the camp. There is one in the guild lobby. Also, I don't remember but if you remove the task doesn't it auto-kick you? Or is there someone to hail at the end? Been a long time since I did a LDoN. Or alternately get 3 chars to the camp and make a fellowship campfire. I don't remember what the reuse is on the insignia.

Also, is it 8 runs to get the dodge aug? I meant to look into that.

Vomik fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 15, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vomik posted:

If you walk up to a magus and say everfrost it'll port you straight to the camp. There is one in the guild lobby. Also, I don't remember but if you remove the task doesn't it auto-kick you? Or is there someone to hail at the end? Been a long time since I did a LDoN. Or alternately get 3 chars to the camp and make a fellowship campfire. I don't remember what the reuse is on the insignia.

Also, is it 8 runs to get the dodge aug? I meant to look into that.

That's a time saver for getting there - and I guess I can use the port to the Guild Lobby to reset it when it's not on c/d. But I think campfires only last 15 minutes without feeding, which is longer than it takes me to run it.

As far as removing the task, it auto-completes once I finish it. And I don't think I would want to remove it anyway, since I want those sweet sweet LDoN points so I can get those augs.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Devor posted:

That's a time saver for getting there - and I guess I can use the port to the Guild Lobby to reset it when it's not on c/d. But I think campfires only last 15 minutes without feeding, which is longer than it takes me to run it.

As far as removing the task, it auto-completes once I finish it. And I don't think I would want to remove it anyway, since I want those sweet sweet LDoN points so I can get those augs.

Camp fires from fellowships last until everyone camps I'm pretty sure. I've made campfires in paw way back in the day and gone and done other stuff and clicked the insignia to go back. Maybe at least one person has to stay in the same zone? Not 100% but I know they last a long time.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Oh you have to run back to get the points? i thought it auto completed and you got the points, like a Task add, you park an alt at the person that gives the task out, complete it, exit, and have the alt get a new task. I know that when there was a long run that's what a few people would do for things like lost gnomes.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

iNteg posted:

Oh you have to run back to get the points? i thought it auto completed and you got the points, like a Task add, you park an alt at the person that gives the task out, complete it, exit, and have the alt get a new task. I know that when there was a long run that's what a few people would do for things like lost gnomes.

He's talking about the exit part. It auto completed and he's in the instance but doesn't know how to leave it quickly besides gating.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Vomik posted:

He's talking about the exit part. It auto completed and he's in the instance but doesn't know how to leave it quickly besides gating.

Oh I'm an idiot.

Does any succor type spells work?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

iNteg posted:

Oh I'm an idiot.

Does any succor type spells work?

Moot for me since I run SK/Sham/Bard/Rogue. Rogue succor is self-only right?

I'll give the fire thing a shot - I can create it right next to the entrance, run the instance, then use it from intra-zone, yeah?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I heard that you can remove the cooldown from the fires by adding the fellowship calling effect to your blocked buffs list.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is there any chance I can get a care package of gold bars sent to Thalyn? I had to buy some stuff in the Bazaar, but the prices were pretty inflated for Test, and I burned through my plat.

Thanks in advance!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

ponzicar posted:

I heard that you can remove the cooldown from the fires by adding the fellowship calling effect to your blocked buffs list.

Add Fellowship Calling to your blocked spells list. Your Insignia will reset every time you zone. And Campfires last 6 hours. Guild banners will die after a short time without anyone there, but campfires won't. Also try not to spread that in-game. Would be a shame if it got fixed.

For the LDoNs, you don't need to zone in with everyone you want to get points with. I would just run through with 1 and gate back to the EF camp. I think there's soulbinders at the LDoN camps so anyone can bind there, then just burn a gate potion to get your SK back out if you can't use a campfire for whatever reason.

The LDoN dodge aug is up there with DoN AAs and MPG trial resist bonuses for 'required' old content bonuses.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

Add Fellowship Calling to your blocked spells list. Your Insignia will reset every time you zone. And Campfires last 6 hours. Guild banners will die after a short time without anyone there, but campfires won't. Also try not to spread that in-game. Would be a shame if it got fixed.

For the LDoNs, you don't need to zone in with everyone you want to get points with. I would just run through with 1 and gate back to the EF camp. I think there's soulbinders at the LDoN camps so anyone can bind there, then just burn a gate potion to get your SK back out if you can't use a campfire for whatever reason.

The LDoN dodge aug is up there with DoN AAs and MPG trial resist bonuses for 'required' old content bonuses.

I'm still level 71 so I get decent exp off of running the instance and killing stuff with my group :shobon: I wanted to make sure I took care of it since I read you can "age out" of being able to request LDoN missions. Are there maximum levels for the DoN or MPG things you mentioned?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Devor posted:

I'm still level 71 so I get decent exp off of running the instance and killing stuff with my group :shobon: I wanted to make sure I took care of it since I read you can "age out" of being able to request LDoN missions. Are there maximum levels for the DoN or MPG things you mentioned?

I think they fixed the being over-leveled for LDoNs, but there was still a work around by using avg group level.

The other two won't have a max level, and are better done once you're high enough to trivialize them. But you should be able to get exp off the DoN faction missions still, since it was an L70 or L75 expansion. There's raids that you need to do to get the special AAs, but you also need to do a ton of group missions for faction first.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Speaking of DoN, I finally got around to doing Ju'Rek earlier, so my shaman can now request anything in the entire expansion including Vish. We did a quick runthrough of all the pre-Vish raids earlier so people could snag the prog drops and get some faction, and the faction from the single runthrough seemed pretty drat good. I don't mind running through em again soon if more people want to collect the drops.

MPG trials suck unholy amounts of cocks so I wouldn't make them a high priority until you feel like punishing yourself.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I had an amazing time last night for the boss fight of one of the LDoN missions, where the boss was hanging out in the bottom of a pit with horrible, horrible geometry and adds scattered about the top. I started by trying to move my guys using autofollow to the top of the pit, whereupon my rogue fell in and thus began the fun. Pretty quickly the rogue was dead, my tank merc had picked up the aggro on everything in the pit. I started on the boss with a Harm Touch from the SK, lined up my bard for autoattacks, then noticed how fast the warrior was dropping, and started tossing out some heals from my shaman to help out the cleric merc. After the shaman's second heal, the shaman pulled aggro from about 6 of the nps and popped shortly after. SK + Bard, plus Tank+Healer mercs knocked the boss down, as well as all of the adds except for 4, then the tank died, then the healer, who had been oom and limping along died.

I hadn't set up any of the cool AA buttons for things like the bard swarm pet, SK disciplines, etc, so I furiously figured out how to map one of the combat abilities to the Leechcurse Discipline, then managed to kill 1 during leechcurse, a second one with my health slowly dropping, then that one proced Mortal Coil, and the last two weren't outdamaging my heals at that point, and finished them off. Waited out the cleric merc's revive timer, popped him back up and rezed the others. A fun time! And lesson learned to go ahead and throw those "oh poo poo" abilities onto some toolbars so they can do some good.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I snagged a pic of this from when we finally finished this mission about 3 hours after we started it. It was absolutely insane. I honestly think it was the first non-boxed group i've been in in awhile. We started with 6, lost 2 throughout the adventure, but man, I had a drat riot.

The best part is, we started with a T3 VoA mission in Sarith, and then went to this T2 mission in Valley of Lunaryn which was decidedly harder. Thanks, Obama.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

iNteg posted:

The best part is, we started with a T3 VoA mission in Sarith, and then went to this T2 mission in Valley of Lunaryn which was decidedly harder. Thanks, Obama.

Sarith is T2, and if the other mission was Rebel Assault, it was the easiest mission in the expansion. An FD class can solo it cause the NPCs do all the work.

But yeah, the imp mission in Valley is a huge pain. But it's far from the worst VoA group mission. Wait till you hit the T3 and T4 ones based on the raids.

Edit: You gain 20 Ability Points.
I would love to see that again :(

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Sarith is T2, and if the other mission was Rebel Assault, it was the easiest mission in the expansion. An FD class can solo it cause the NPCs do all the work.

But yeah, the imp mission in Valley is a huge pain. But it's far from the worst VoA group mission. Wait till you hit the T3 and T4 ones based on the raids.

Edit: You gain 20 Ability Points.
I would love to see that again :(

poo poo. I thought Sarith was T3? Maybe I didnt get one of my T3 pieces from there... Nah it was the one where we attack the High Priest and then act out Jaws 1, 2, and 3 in quick succession.

Also, I wonder if I can solo rebel assault... I think I need to try it and just stay stealth the entire time. GIMMIE DAT LOOT.

P.S. Does anyone else have any Valiant Chain ornaments they might have snagged from any missions? I love the look of that armor, and I've only found the boots so far.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 19, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone have a spoon from Cazel for enchanter epic they can copy and send to Kavinsky?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

Anyone have a spoon from Cazel for enchanter epic they can copy and send to Kavinsky?

Next time i copy stuff over or if i'm in that area on test, i'll see if Cazel is up and murder his face for you.

Edit: And to whoever stole thousands of dream motes from the Gbank on more than one occasion?

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you he doesn't have money. But what he does have are a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you put his dream motes back now, that'll be the end of it. Tappalai will not look for you, Tappalai will not pursue you. But if you don't, Tappalai will look for you, Tappalai will find you, and Tappalai will kill you.

poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 20, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Found one but thanks. And yeah that guy taking all that out of the guild bank is an asshat, I think they've got it fixed now.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I took some glowing reis stuff and a couple other things to outfit my monk and bard who just hit 85, I hope I didn't do something wrong.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

acumen posted:

I took some glowing reis stuff and a couple other things to outfit my monk and bard who just hit 85, I hope I didn't do something wrong.

Nah man, I was paranoid about that too, but every time I get paranoid about taking something I can and am actually using for my level, I get told don't sweat it. The officers even said they're still giving it out, but you have to go through the extra step of talking to them first. I feel bad for them for having to spend time to do that, it's a load of poo poo that they have to treat us like children. All the effort they put in to copy stuff over for us to use is being exploited by someone, and because there's no log of deposits/withdraws, they can't track who's robbing the poo poo outta the gbank.

I just wanna give a huge thanks to everyone who's copied stuff over for all of us recent newcomers and new-levelers on test. You guys have been super great to all of us newcomers. I'm sorry that one rotten rear end egg is spoiling the gbank, and is making you cool bros do all that extra work, but some of us really do appreciate all the poo poo you guys have done/are doing for us.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 20, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The problem with the guild bank was that someone was taking everything good out of it and using an anonymous trader to sell it, if you're actually thinking to yourself "I wonder if I did something wrong" then no you didn't. Whoever did it knows exactly what they were doing was a loving rear end in a top hat move and that's why they chose an anonymous trader to sell it.

The only thing that's changed for the 99% is that if you see anything you want in the guild bank all you have to do is tell an officer (I think they're Dr Marios in guildrank which you get by ALT + G) and tell them you want it, and you'll get it, unless you're wanting some super sweet non-copied uber rare weapon for your 5th bot or something.

We just needed some level of tracking going on, now that there is I'm going to start putting a lot more poo poo in the bank. First things will be 28 slot backpacks that aren't lore, so you can get more than one , but try to only get 1-2 per person, not characters until everybody's had a chance to get a few because they make a poo poo ton of difference.

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 20, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

I'm done. Anybody who wants something directly send me a tell.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

I'm done. Anybody who wants something directly send me a tell.

Really? IMO witch hunt is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why the gently caress would someone steal stuff and sell it on Test? If you ask nicely in general you can have a million plat in a heartbeat. What's the point?