Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Wonderland by Donrufie, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Took these three on vacation over the holidays, with a 4S using Hueless but otherwise no post-processing. John Glenn never looked so creepy:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

One of those times I wished my DSLR was here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You gotta be careful with holes like that. :ohdear:

I had a litter of baby gerbils literally hang themselves because they got their teeth stuck in holes on the top of the cage.. they would leap up, grab on, get their nose stuck and were unable to get free. It was like a meat locker of rodents when I walked in and discovered it.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

xzzy posted:

I had a litter of baby gerbils literally hang themselves because they got their teeth stuck in holes on the top of the cage.. they would leap up, grab on, get their nose stuck and were unable to get free. It was like a meat locker of rodents when I walked in and discovered it.

That's so sad! Poor lil guys...

To those using hipstamatic, what are your favorite lens/flash/film combinations?

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

London Bridge by Clwn, on Flickr

Platform 2. by Clwn, on Flickr

Clapham High Street London Overground Station. by Clwn, on Flickr

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Found this Hipstamatic guide that has I think almost every film, flash and lens available

http://content.photojojo.com/guides/ultimate-hipstamatic-guide/

Thought I'd share.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Fog makes for nice pictures of big things moderately far away.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

xzzy posted:

I actually moved him to a cage earlier today with quarter inch spacing all over, thanks for the suggestion.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Pics I took in Iceland a whle back:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I thought this came out nice for a cellphone.

Galaxy Nexus, edited in Snapseed (great app, btw)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 3, 2013

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

the posted:

I thought this came out nice for a cellphone.

Galaxy Nexus, edited in Snapseed (great app, btw)

I like this :)

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

View from the Shard. by Clwn, on Flickr

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

image by dtloken, on Flickr

Local bar/microbrewery. Straight out of Photostream.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Just realized that I should have posted this here ages ago: http://lifeinlofi.com/photo-apps-on-sale/

This page lists iPhone photo apps that are currently on sale or free. It's updated at least daily and has saved me a bunch of money.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

Untitled by TheJeffers, on Flickr

TheJeffers fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 6, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty sure that's not a tree, but rather an ancient life form tearing from its prison beneath the earth. Basically we're all hosed.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I finally edited a video using nothing but my cell phone. It was a really good exercise to do. Once you get good light, I don't think it matters what you shoot on. Even the photos at the end are pulled from my instagram account.

I know none of you know these people, but if it's not too boring, let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOiSVTjTbOQ

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Skies by alkanphel, on Flickr

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.

Going into space? by sulakkalus, on Flickr

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I've only recently joined the smartphone world, and I've been having loads of fun with Instagram lately. It's allowed me to get comfortable shooting different stuff in different styles than I'm used to.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

drat.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

This is really quite unpleasant. by Donrufie, on Flickr

Pippa hungers for kibbles. by Donrufie, on Flickr

Ffffrosty! by Donrufie, on Flickr

Ghostly walk. by Donrufie, on Flickr

And there is still a LOT of snow. by Donrufie, on Flickr

It's pretty damp out there... by Donrufie, on Flickr

Watching the snow fall. by Donrufie, on Flickr

Snow seems to be a big theme lately :smith:

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The Thinker of the Void by alkanphel, on Flickr

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.
Has anyone found a non-painful way to shift photos from instagram -> Flickr? I tried Flickstrgram and Freethephotos, and both caused problems.

Anyways, I gave instagram a shot. It's pretty fun being able to shoot and automagically upload, although I dunno if I would use it if Flickr had a decent ap.

That said, the lack of control is kind of appealing.

Sunset boulevard. by alexbeare, on Flickr

Flame. by alexbeare, on Flickr

Lines. by alexbeare, on Flickr

BrosephofArimathea fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 8, 2013

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Try IFTTT! It works great and does exactly what you want. http://ifttt.com/

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

joelcamefalling posted:

Has anyone found a non-painful way to shift photos from instagram -> Flickr? I tried Flickstrgram and Freethephotos, and both caused problems.

Hm, my instagram gives me that option when I upload a picture. It gives me facebook, twitter, flickr and foursquare. So you have the camera view, select your filter and hit the arrows to the next screen which shows a place to enter a caption, a place to add your photos to a map and below that "Share" with the different sharing options.

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

the kawaiiest posted:

Try IFTTT! It works great and does exactly what you want. http://ifttt.com/

This is amazing. Whoever invented it should be working for NASA.

Thanks!

Abbeh posted:

Hm, my instagram gives me that option when I upload a picture. It gives me facebook, twitter, flickr and foursquare. So you have the camera view, select your filter and hit the arrows to the next screen which shows a place to enter a caption, a place to add your photos to a map and below that "Share" with the different sharing options.

Hm. I see that for new shots, but I couldn't find a way to do it with existing ones - I only get options to send links via email/FB/etc. Its almost like they want to keep everything in their little garden. Which is fine and all, I guess.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
A few recent shots:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

joelcamefalling posted:

This is amazing. Whoever invented it should be working for NASA.

Thanks!
Yeah IFTTT is great. There's a ton of really useful stuff there, including a recipe to post Instagram photos on Twitter.

jackpot, your photos are wondeful. iPhone 5?

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 10, 2013

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah IFTTT is great. There's a ton of really useful stuff there, including a recipe to post Instagram photos on Twitter.
When I post to instagram I have a one-click option to post to twitter - I take it this is something different? I'll probably sign up for this anyway - the instagram-to-dropbox recipe is awesome.

the kawaiiest posted:

jackpot, your photos are wondeful. iPhone 5?
4s, and thanks!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

jackpot posted:

When I post to instagram I have a one-click option to post to twitter - I take it this is something different? I'll probably sign up for this anyway - the instagram-to-dropbox recipe is awesome.
Instagram disabled Twitter cards some time ago, so when you post your photos to Twitter via instagram, you just tweet a link to the photo page. This recipe actually puts the photo on your tweet by uploading the photo to twitpic. You can include a link to the Instagram page by editing the "action" part of the recipe where it says "what's happening" to this: {{Caption}} // {{Url}}

Or whatever you want.

IFTTT is useful for other stuff too, not just Instagram/photo stuff. It supports a ton of services including Pushover for iOS.

quote:

4s, and thanks!
That's really beautiful stuff, especially the baby.

The one thing I'm going to miss about the iPhone when I switch back to Android is the camera quality. I'm told that the iPhone has a wider aperture and that's why the camera is better. I'm switching to Android anyway because I just hate iOS but I might actually keep my iPhone 4 as a camera/image editor, especially since vscocam is not available for Android, and it's crazy awesome.

e: actually everyone on iOS should buy vscocam, it's the best money you'll ever spend.

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 11, 2013

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

the kawaiiest posted:

The one thing I'm going to miss about the iPhone when I switch back to Android is the camera quality. I'm told that the iPhone has a wider aperture and that's why the camera is better. I'm switching to Android anyway because I just hate iOS but I might actually keep my iPhone 4 as a camera/image editor, especially since vscocam is not available for Android, and it's crazy awesome.

Most of the flagship Android phones have a fast aperture (Nexus 4 at f/2.4, HTC One at f/2), so that's not really a big deal, though I think the iPhone has pretty good image processing.

Still, here's a photo from my Nexus 4 and edited with the stock Android photo editing tools:

2013-04-09 18.27.45-1 by chazaraz, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Stairs, Orchard, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
$7500 iPhone photography workshop :stonk: http://www.focusonnature.is/photo-workshops/art-of-iphone-photography-iceland/

At least they had the dignity not to use the "word" "iPhoneography"...

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Have you guys heard about Rando? It's hard to describe, here's a link http://www.ustwo.co.uk/blog/introducing-rando/

Basically it's Instagram without likes, comments, or the ability to follow someone. Photos are shared anonymously and you receive one photo for each photo you share. There's no spam of course and without likes, comments or follows, it's useless for camwhores so there are almost no pictures of girls making that awful duck face. I've been using it for weeks and I haven't seen a single penis, probably because their reporting system is really good and stuff gets removed very quickly after being flagged.

quote:

Thus, we made it so that any photo posted with Rando can only be sent to one other user. Think of a Rando as a gift. By uploading a photo with Rando you are essentially giving a piece of your world for someone else, and only them, to keep.

This way every single user gets their own private collection of pieces from other peoples lives. Every user gets their own little peep holes into parts of the world they may never experience.

It is hands down the coolest drat app ever and I'm totally addicted to it.

e: it's available for both Android and iOS

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

MrBlandAverage posted:

$7500 iPhone photography workshop :stonk: http://www.focusonnature.is/photo-workshops/art-of-iphone-photography-iceland/

At least they had the dignity not to use the "word" "iPhoneography"...
gently caress it, SIGN ME UP